Randy Miller Weddings Reviews

110 | Frederick, MD

110 Reviews for Randy Miller Weddings

Bee Jay · Married on 08/07/1993

I can't say enough good about this man and all that he did for me and my fiance and now husband of 20 years! During our counseling sessions, Randy was so very insightful and helped us even in areas we didn't realize we needed advice( we were older singles so I guess we thought we had all the answers already). While planning the wedding and the vows, Randy worked patiently with me and helped make our wedding a treasure to cherish. One of my favorite pictures is when he pronounced us husband and wife and during our kiss he's got this great big smile on his face! Randy was such a blessing to us and we are forever grateful for all he did. He has a great sense of humor too!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Jamila · Married on 06/01/2014

I originally became acquainted with Randy as a local growing up in the area. He was one of those faces I'd see around town quite a bit, but I never really knew what he did as a career. When I cam across him on Weddingwire after a somewhat failed meeting with another officiant I was very hopeful! We met at a cafe and it felt so comfortable and right that we knew walking out that he would be our officiant. Randy was very professional and helpful with tips for all sorts of things from grooms attire to ceremony traditions. We were very lucky to have him as our officiant and he made our wedding ceremony truly amazing!

Sent on 08/25/2014
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 08/05/2017

We got married in August 2017 and Randy was everything we could ask for and more in a wedding officiant. From the first time we made contact via email about 9 months before our wedding, Randy was quick to respond, professional and made us feel at ease. We traveled from 3 hours away and Randy was easy to work with our schedule to consult in person with us. After meeting Randy, we were sold. The wedding planning process can be very stressful, but Randy offered different ceremony options (religious, non-religious, combination, etc.) and was very organized throughout the process. The ceremony was something very important to us and it had to be the right fit. Randy offered reading and special ceremony options that we could customize to our needs. We paid to have Randy also come to our rehearsal and we are glad that we did. His little tips and tricks at the rehearsal made us all at ease and ready for the day. We requested a ceremony that was fairly quick, between 10-20 min, and also meaningful - and that’s exactly what we got. We got married at Morningside Inn and Randy was familiar with the location and how the logistics work at that venue, which also was very helpful! When it came time to work out the logistics of marriage licenses (especially since we are from out of state), Randy helped a lot with that also. With the fairly high cost for wedding services in general, it was nice to get a discount from using >3 FABNET vendors.
    Everything went so smoothly on the day of and was truly perfect. Highly recommend !

Sent on 01/07/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/17/2017

When me and my fiancé first met Randy, we were instantly put to ease and felt a connection. During the months leading up to the ceremony, Randy did an excellent good job working with us to put together a wedding ceremony that was both meaningful and the perfect length of time. Me and my fiancé wanted a mixture of traditional along with non-traditional, and Randy provided to us many options of readings for us to chose from. During the rehearsal, Randy gave excellent instructions for the groomsman to follow and was VERY thorough. At the wedding ceremony, he exuded calm and collectiveness- something I appreciated very much because both myself and my husband became emotional during the ceremony. Overall Randy was an excellent choice for an Officiant and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2016

Randy was funny and great to work with !

Sent on 10/17/2016

Troy · Married on 06/18/2016

Randy was a pleasure to work with! During our ceremony we briefly had some excitement; however he worked right through it never missing a beat. We also had our horses in the wedding as well; in which Randy was very accommodating. Overall he has a very professional demeanor. Both my wife & I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/25/2016

Debbie · Married on 12/30/2015

2.5

My husband and I got married at a covered bridge in the Frederick County Maryland area. Randy's flexibility was AWESOME as we decided to get married, contacted Randy,met with him and got married in 2 weeks! He was a little slow to email back but we got married during the Christmas holiday season, so we understood. We had a VERY small low key wedding where we just showed up at the bridge, got married and left, all in about an hour.

Sent on 01/07/2016

3.6
      3.0

Randy was a fantastic officiant particularly on the day of our wedding. He was flexible about the ceremony details and never wavered in his support for our wishes. Due to a number of circumstances, however, he was difficult to contact via email at times, and was tardy to our rehearsal.

Sent on 07/13/2014

3.4
      3.5

Has issues with remembering names.

Sent on 10/17/2016
  • Bora

Bora · Married on 11/24/2018

2.6
      2.0
      2.0
      1.0

Had higher hopes

We met with Randy, got a great first impression of and decided to book with him. Unfortunately, our view of him and his services declined after everything was said and done.

Randy is responsive and kind. However, he did not successfully execute the ceremony as we had hoped and planned for. We spoke with Randy a couple days before our wedding day to walk through the script. We had mentioned to him numerous times about the language that had to be used when my grandfather, who does not speak English, would give me away at the altar. He used the wrong language during the walk through so we made sure he was aware of the change for the big day.

Jim and I were completely shocked during our ceremony. This a moment were you should be soaking in all the love and excitement. Of course we had those moments but we also gave each other the "what is he doing" look during the ceremony. Jim and I wanted to have a sweet, but short ceremony and we made that very clear from the very beginning and Randy said he understood. Well let me tell you, Randy added about 5-10 extra minutes of "fluff" that he did not mention at all during our walk through....and WORST OF ALL he totally messed up the language when my grandfather gave me away. I would have been okay with it if he just continued the ceremony. INSTEAD, he made fun of my grandfather during the ceremony IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. My biggest issue with Randy is that instead of taking the blame for messing up, he blamed it on my grandfather who did exactly what he was supposed to. I was and am still furious at his lack of professionalism.

It breaks my heart that someone in this profession could jokingly make fun of the grandfather of the bride to cover up their own mistake. I do not recommend!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Randy Miller Weddings's reply:

Hi Bora,
    After reading your review, I was stunned and disappointed that your experience did not meet and exceed your expectations, as has been the case with brides and grooms I have worked with for over 40 years. As a grandfather myself, it would be my honor to walk my granddaughter down the aisle, so to learn your grandfather was embarrassed was upsetting. I'm sorry your experience was not as you had envisioned.