Ramu & The Crew Reviews

549 Reviews for Ramu & The Crew

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• AYT-B

Adrienne · Getting married on 08/20/2020

We high recommend Ramu for any professional venue/event. He gets to know his clients and delivers personal, high quality services, and your guests will be talking about for weeks after the event. Ramu had that unique something to our wedding AND reception that made everyone feel as though they knew each other. He can handle everything from the most organized event to the last minute unexpected changes. THANK YOU RAMU FOR HELPING US CREATE THE MOST UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE THIS YEAR!!! Get ready for the anniversary party!

Sent on 09/09/2010
  • Joey

Joey Castaneda · Married on 08/24/2019

Above and Beyond Satisfied

Ramu was recommended through multiple friends and we decided to call him and set a up a meeting. 10 minuets into meeting him we had already made our decision. He was professional and candor. He was not trying to sell us. He was very thorough and did an absolutely amazing job pronouncing names, which can be hard!

When we told Ramu what we wanted he delivered to the T. We were getting messages for a week straight saying how much fun they had at our wedding and we owe that to Ramu. I wouldn't look any further than Ramu and the Crew!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Christina · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing DJ! his voice is unforgettable. A pleasure to work with. Would recommend him, for every special event. He’s that great!!!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Christina

Christina Ushkevich · Married on 09/28/2018

Kept the Jams Pumping!

Imho and the guys from Ramu & The Crew did a fantastic job at our wedding! At the end of the night I had several guests say that the DJ was awesome and the music was on point! If there's anything that anyone should know about weddings, it's that the DJ/Emcee can make or break the evening. He read the crowd and knew when to play what songs to keep everyone moving and was very charismatic talking to the crowd. The uplighting was perfect and we got some great photos "dancing in the clouds" and of course from the photobooth!! I highly, HIGHLY recoomend this team. A couple weeks after my wedding they also worked my friend's wedding (which I was in attendance) and they delivered the same great experience...tailored to her, of course. Imho even came over to say hi. Very courteous people and true professionals!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Kaylyn

Kaylyn · Married on 09/08/2018

You need to hire Ramu & The Crew for your wedding!!!

If you want to have your reception surpass your wildest dreams, you NEED to hire Ramu and have him DJ your wedding. My husband and I were extremely picky when deciding on a DJ. We wanted someone who would move the evening along, someone who understood how much dancing meant to us, and of course someone with a fun personality who would keep the party going! Ramu surpasses every expectation we set. From our first meeting, we knew Ramu was the fun-entertaining, and detailed DJ we needed at our reception. He responded to every email immediately, was always willing to come to us to pencil out the details, and kept tabs with us even when our wedding was still a year out. We set up a “no requests” rule at our reception because we had so many specific songs we wanted to hear. Ramu handled every interaction with our guests with grace and a big smile! He made sure the list of songs we provided were all heard. My father and I had a song blended together for our father daughter dance: ramu ensured it would go off without a hitch, and boy it did! He also filmed all of my wedding parties entrances, and loaded it to his Facebook page. We had NO idea he did that, and we were thrilled when we found it!! He was one of our favorite vendors, and trust me HE IS THE BEST!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Arianna · Married on 08/11/2018

We booked DJ Ra-Mu and the crew for our wedding and they were absolutely amazing! They were so professional, flexible, really nice and the music they played was on point! The lighting they put up around the room also really transformed the room into a wedding venue. All of our guests said they loved the music, and the dance floor was full the whole night! DJ Imho did an unbelievable job directing the reception and making announcements and introductions. The whole crew was very attentive, took great pictures, went above and beyond to make our whole experience enjoyable, and you really can't beat their prices! We would definitely recommend Ra-Mu and the crew to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Marisa · Married on 08/05/2018

Our night was better than we could've ever imagined. Per usual, Ra-Mu and the crew delivered an incredible party that won't soon be forgotten. Not only was the music exactly what was needed, but they also kept everyone engaged all night long. Ra-Mu hyped up the crowd and reminded everyone of why they were there if he felt like they were slowing down. The photo booth was an absolute hit, he had just enough props and so much space for everyone to get in on the fun! He should be at the top of your list as he's worth well over what he charges, you will not be disappointed! We will never be able to thank him and his team enough and look forward to working with them again soon

Sent on 08/15/2018

Linda · Married on 08/04/2018

I've been to so many weddings were the DJ is shy, soft spoken, difficult to understand, just plays music, does poor intros or lag time in-between songs. It was most important to us to find a DJ that was NOT any of these things. We wanted to be able to hear the DJ's voice and the quality of their equipment. First I looked for a DJ that had 5 star reviews. When I saw Ramu's reviews I really didn't look much further and that is very not like me. Then came the 2nd surprise, Ramu posts videos of his intro's. I was sold 5 seconds into the first video I watched. Ramu is like a movie star with all his video's. He is well spoken and speaks clearly, slowly and loud enough for everyone to hear and understand! He is so upbeat during his intro's. Ramu did our ceremony and cocktail hour music as well, with traditional bridal music and Jazz during the cocktail hour. The next thing I loved about Ramu was all the technology. Loved his clean, modern high tech. set up. The text paging was great and my daughter loved the love story that was played during dinner. We also got a photo booth, monogram and white up lighting which was gorgeous in the very elegant white tent we had. My daughter even got a nice album with all the photo booth pictures. My daughter was not big on dancing on a cloud but it was included. With Ramu you get so much bang for your buck. After dinner Ramu got the multi colored flashing disco lights going and the volume went up! The dance floor was packed the rest of the night. We had some do and don't play lists and he didn't miss a beat! Ramu really loves his job and aims to please. Ramu never misses an email or message and will answer you almost immediately! Ramu was the 2nd vendor we booked. We met him 14 months out at Panera, he buys coffee! So glad we did because he literally gets asked by 2-3 people for the same date during wedding season so book him early. So glad we got him first! Thanks Ramu for all your services and for being such a wonderful DJ and more!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2018

We had initially met Ramu at the Foxwoods Wedding Expo, and from start to finish, he was absolutely amazing to work with. He had an initial appointment to get to know us and understand the budget we were working with, with follow up meetings to discuss the tone of our wedding and specific songs we wanted played. The man was a human Pandora Radio and with just a handful of song suggestions, wound up playing all of our favorite songs and generes. The entire night, he kept the dancefloor full and was able to do it WITHOUT obnoxiously demanding people get on the dancefloor like so many DJs tend to resort to. He kept the reception going strong until the wee hours when there were just close family members and friends left. He even surprised us with an Instagram photo printer station that responded to our wedding hashtag.

He was easily my favorite vendor to work with and came up with all sorts of great ideas that we hadn’t thought of that fit perfectly within the budget we’d given him. I’d recommend Ramu and the Crew to anyone!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Jim · Married on 05/19/2018

Ramu is awesome. Everyone dance the entire night. Great mix of music and interaction with the party. This was the second wedding he has done for me, and he will be at the third.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/12/2018

Ramu was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning! Ramu met with us a total of three times in order to go through every single detail and to make sure our day was perfect. For the third meeting, Ramu drove all the way to MA in order to shoot a 10 minute love story video-which everyone at the wedding loved! He was very flexible with us and even let us make some last minute changes the day of the wedding!
    All of the guests at the wedding had nothing but raving remarks about Ramu and his crew. The dance floor was packed the whole night and he was great at selecting music that was appropriate for all guests at our wedding. Ramu even led the whole reception in a group dance; which got everyone up and dancing.
    The photobooth was a huge hit. All of our guests LOVED it! His staff were great at assisting our guests with the photobooth and we got to take home a great scrapbook full of memories at the end of the night. Ramu even had his staff turn the photobooth back on when he realized we were trying to take pictures with my grandmother after the photobooth had been shut down. It really meant a lot to us on how attentive he was :)
    The lighting was absolutely gorgeous. We got married in a huge tent and the lighting definitely created the ambiance we were looking for. From the uplighting to the monogram on the ceiling- everything was perfect.
    Both my husband and I highly recomend Ramu and his crew for any wedding or event. Not only was he affordable but he was one of the main reasons our wedding such a success! We would renew our vows just so we could have him as our DJ again!!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Alyssa · Married on 10/08/2017

Ra-mu and the Crew are must haves for any bride and groom that want their wedding guests to have a great time! When my husband and I first met with Ra-mu we knew he was the DJ for us and he did NOT disappoint. All throughout the night, and even after people came up to me telling me how great our entertainment was. I have been asked by several of the wedding guests (that have upcoming weddings of their own) for his contact info as it was clear at our wedding he was the best man for the job. Not only did Ra-mu provide us with off the charts entertainment, and do a great job of keeping people on the dance floor, but he also provided us with our uplighting and an intagram photo booth printer which allowed our guests to print photos that they posted to their instagram accounts using our wedding hashtag. He and his crew were a one stop shop for all of our wedding entertainment needs. We could not have been happier with how the night went and having an experienced DJ really helped us to enjoy our night since we didn't have to worry about our guests enjoying theirs (Ra-mu did all the heavy lifting for us)!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Mj · Married on 08/05/2017

Ra-Mu is the type of wedding vendor every bride wants to hire! He packed the dance floor for our wedding in Newport from start to finish. If he's has an opening on your wedding date, I seriously suggest you book him asap. We had a list of songs my fiancé really wanted played at the wedding and Ra-mu checked off ALL of them. I've been to other weddings where the DJ completely ignored the bride & groom's 'must play' list. We also needed our 1st dance, mother son, and father daughter songs edited (shortened) and Ra-Mu edited them all seamlessly. He was very responsive and just and overall pleasure to work with. Oh and he has the perfect DJ voice- check out his youtube videos! 5 stars.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2017

You MUST book Ra-Mu and the Crew for your wedding!!! This is one review I am extremely excited to write as I just got married 2 days ago! I found Ra-Mu & the Crew on Wedding Wire and their number of likes grabbed me. I read MANY of their reviews and thought this might be the DJ for me. I left him a message and he quickly called me. He was very professional, excited about my wedding and we arranged a day to meet. My fiancé and I met him for lunch. I know you should interview a few vendors and then make a decision but once we sat down, I KNEW he was the DJ for me. His pitch of his product was flawless. I was amazed at the technology he had access to.

Up until the wedding, Ra-Mu was my sounding board. He advised me on MANY different aspects of a wedding. I had a wedding planner but Ra-Mu knew so much from his years of experience. From the ceremony, to the post marriage entrance, to who should say grace (he did)-he advised me on everything- he may as well have been my DJ and wedding planner. When a question arose, I thought "I'll ask Ra-Mu, he'll know!" He said something to me one night, "contact me anytime because I work for you until the end of your wedding night."
    Ra-Mu is also a very funny guy. Always ready to make you laugh (my fiancé is quite serious and Ra-Mu managed a few smiles on his face-unheard of)! What is great about Ra-Mu is his flexibility in his delivery. You can request that he be funny, serious, jokey or a combination of them all. He can adapt to any style wedding. My venue said they LOVED him. My guests raved about the music, people were in awe of the video he recorded as to how we met (the venue said they never saw anything like it). People set up residence in that photo booth and at the end of the night I was presented with a photo album of the photos!
    Please, please, please brides and grooms to be...use Ra-mu and the Crew to DJ your wedding. You will not be disappointed and will be writing a review just as long as this one!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Helen · Married on 02/04/2017

Amazing!!! We received the absolute best service and more! RaMu is very patient and fun! He had our crowd going! He was a big part in making our day special! I would recxomemd them to everyone! We certainly will use them in the future! You guys are great!!! 100% satisfied customers right here. Thank you again for help f make our day special! Not one time did we ever have an issue with you guys! Such a non stressful process!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Serena · Married on 11/12/2016

If you're looking for a great time, Ra-Mu is your dude! His sense of wit, charisma, and entertaining humor is worth every penny! We didn't think that he would be available as it was a last minute decision and lo and behold it worked out wonderfully! Even if things come up, Ra-Mu will always come up with a plan and willing to accommodate as best as possible...and, he's always on time!! Even when you make a time he'll be sure to arrive at least 30 minute prior to meeting up :) We plan on using him again in the future for other events!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Rebecca · Married on 10/08/2016

When you envision your wedding, you always dream of everything going perfectly….and from the minute Ra-Mu sat down with us, we knew we hired the right person for the job. Ra-Mu is very humble, and takes his job to be the best very seriously. Ra-mu separates himself from others by taking the time to understand you as a couple (organizes face to face meetings), and what vibe you are going for to celebrate your wedding. He asks all the right questions and is extremely organized, communicative and reliable. Our wedding was such a mix crowd of friends, family, etc and we did not want to cater to only one age group by picking certain songs/genres. We gave Ra-Mu free range to “play it by ear”, and just keep our dance floor packed! He did not disappoint- in fact, he EXCEEDED all expectations. When multiple people (in the middle of the dance floor) would yell to us over the music “your DJ is amazing!!” We couldn’t have agreed more! In our opinion- there is no other option but to hire Ra-Mu and his crew!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kathryn · Married on 09/24/2016

Ra-Mu and his crew came through! We decided we wanted a photobooth at the last minute, and Ra-Mu was not only available but willing to work with us on price and other options. We seriously appreciated his flexibility and responsiveness as we worked everything out. On the day of the wedding, his crew had already set up and were ready to go when we got there. Everyone at our wedding loved the photobooth, and the souvenir guestbook that they made with the pictures everyone took was amazing! We can't say enough good things about Ra-Mu and the Crew.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Anthony · Married on 09/09/2016

I could not recommend Ra-Mu and the crew enough for how amazing they made our wedding. He was easily our favorite vendor throughout the whole wedding process. He was by far most prompt of any of our vendors to any of our emails or calls always responding within 24 hours (sometimes responding within the hour!) and he really took the time to understand both our vision of the wedding and our budget. The photo booth and scrapbook were so well done and it was very well received by our guests. Now on to the music; he was AWESOME! I got pulled aside multiple times during the wedding and told that the music has been awesome all night! I could go on all day about how happy my now wife and I are with choosing Ra-Mu. He truly went above and beyond throughout the entire process and he and his team really made our wedding experience one to never forget.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Lorie · Married on 07/16/2016

Ra-Mu's services was great. He had our guest up and dancing the whole night. We would definitely book their services again. In addition, we also used their Photo Booth services and that was great too! Thank You Ra-Mu and the Crew.
    Awesome props.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Ramu and his entire crew was very professional. Ramu is very articulate and comfortable on the microphone. The event went perfectly from the dj, the elegant lighting, the photo booth (which was a big hit), to the tv monitors that patrons can text photos and messages to. The music smoothly transitioned from track to track, mixing various styles that were chosen by my wife and I. We had 2 floors at this venue, one with dining service, and one for dancing and ramu had classy backlighting, sound, and a mic for background music and direction of patrons to/from dining service. The music on the dance floor was loud and clear, but not overpowering. It filled the room perfectly and again the lighting enhanced the room without being tacky . Ramu will cater to your needs and concerns and make your special night the best it can be. He is most definately is the Serena Williams of wedding dj's.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Alyse · Married on 07/08/2016

I met Ra-Mu at an Oceancliff wedding expo with my maid-of-honor. We loved him and set up an appointment for my husband to meet him. After our interview, my husband loved him and we hired Ra-Mu on the spot! Ra-Mu is professional, punctual, reliable and affordable! I started planning my wedding two years in advance; so while I had more than enough time, and was worried that I wouldn't get everything done on time, Ra-Mu was always there to reassure me that everything would go smooth on his end for our wedding day. He made sure to answer every email and phone call in a timely manner. We were very selective with our playlist, and Ra-Mu and the Crew made sure to play exactly what we wanted during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception! They were able to get the crowd on the dance floor and appeal to every generation. Ra-Mu was also very professional and personable during our announcements. Also, Ra-Mu and the Crew provided the most beautiful uplighting, which made for beautiful pictures and provided the intimate atmosphere that we so wanted for our wedding. We have received so many compliments from our guests--raving about how fantastic and professional our DJ was. I would recommend Ra-Mu and the Crew because they set the tone and mood of our wedding and it wouldn't have turned out the way it did without their contributions!!

Sent on 08/14/2016

We are more than happy that we hired Ra-Mu and the Crew for our wedding! From the first time we met Ra-Mu we fell in love with his energy and enthusiastic attitude. He truly loves what he does and will do everything to make your day as special as ever! He never stops working! One of the best features were the two TVs he had up in the room that guests were able to text pictures to. The music was awesome and the party lasted all night. All of our guests told us as we were leaving that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you Ra-Mu and the Crew!

Sent on 09/01/2015
  • Z

Zack · Married on 06/26/2016

Ra-Mu and the crew is by far the best decision I made for my wedding. Even the shyest members of my family were up dancing the entire night. He showed immense professionalism, and proved to be genuine throughout the entire process. Worth every dollar spent.

Sent on 07/06/2016