Raise The Barr Entertainment Reviews

71 | Overland Park, KS

71 Reviews for Raise The Barr Entertainment

Spencer Courtney · Married on 09/28/2019

KC's best DJ

To put this simply, James was absolutely amazing and well worth the cost to book him for our wedding.

Do you need someone flexible? James.

Do you need someone who can entertain your guests with humor, games, kickass playlists, and have that "Hollywood" smile? James.

Do you want someone who will go above and beyond to help create an atmosphere that exudes fun? James.

I have no doubt that there are great DJ's across KC with varying costs for booking, but if I held another event that needed a DJ I would book James without hesitation.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Dan

Dan Horner · Married on 09/20/2019

Saved the day!

At first we planned to have a friend be our DJ for the wedding. Well that fell through and we decided to find a professional who could ensure our guests were well cared for. We needed not just a DJ but a Master of Ceremonies and James delivered beyond our expectations! James was a pleasure to work with. At our pre-meeting I couldn't believe how we'd say something vague like "I kind of want some 'happy' music" and then he could turn that into specific song suggestions! That helped a ton. Also, on the day of the wedding he wasn't just there to play music - he kept us on schedule, kept everyone engaged and even pulled off a game we requested and our guests loved it! He did all this professionally and enthusiastically. Fantastic energy and I'd definitely recommend him to others.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Jordan Gershon · Married on 09/07/2019

The best DJ and entertainment in Kansas City!

James absolutely KILLED it this past weekend at my wedding! He is so organized, knows exactly the right flow of things, and got the dance party going the entire night. If you want someone who you can rely on, James is your guy! He even asked our opinion on things throughout the night which I really appreciated. thanks for being SO awesome!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Jeannie Siefken · Married on 06/10/2019

Awesome! I would highly recommend James!

James did a fantastic job at our son's wedding! The set up was flawless, and he was incredibly flexible and was able to make the night flow so smoothly. Professional yet fun! It was an awesome night!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Cassidy Willard · Married on 06/01/2019

Highly Recommend

James did such a good job!! He is very detailed and knew all the right questions to ask to make sure the day was perfect. He was professional, punctual, and fun. James made such a good addition to our special day.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

"Professional, Punctual, and Fun"! That is exactly the kind of DJ I aim to be. I am very thankful for the kind words and wish you both every happiness in your journey ahead.

Codie · Married on 05/25/2019

Outstanding and Personable

James was INCREDIBLE! From the very first meeting to the day of the event. He was very attentive to everything we wanted. Our first time meeting him we instantly felt at ease, like he had everything under control and would help our wedding be a fun success. It was very important to us that the reception was filled with music we loved, moved along at a good pace, and had an easy going fun vibe. James absolutely helped to create this at our wedding. He was able to “guide the show” so to speak, without being overly “showy” like I have experience at other weddings. Everyone commented on how wonderful he was, how great the music was, and how he was probably one of the best DJ’s they had seen at a wedding. He really matched the vibe of my Husband and I, our wedding vision, and then delivered.

What I appreciated most about him was that he was so attentive to details, and so incredibly respectful. Both of my parents had passed away and I wanted to do dances to honor each of them. During all the prep, he made sure to clarify how I wanted things communicated, what the flow was, the songs, so that he was fully prepared to provide what I wanted in the way I wanted. I thought this was simply amazing. He took care of both our ceremony through until the end of the reception and made the day so easy and fun. Truly, one of the best DJ’s out there, in every way!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Ryan Jones · Married on 05/17/2019

Blown away!

James was so easy and fun to work with. From ceremony to cocktail to reception, he made everything flow so well. Our guests loved how he kept everyone entertained and having a great time. He is so willing to work with any budget and make sure you have exactly what you want. Down to earth and very cool guy! Best vendor at our wedding by far.

Sent on 06/22/2019

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much! I love the title. You rock. As I mentioned, you both and all your guests were a delight.

Alex · Married on 03/15/2019

A wonderful DJ who really goes the extra mile!

I would highly recommend Raise the Barr Entertainment to anyone looking for a phenomenal DJ! James really goes above and beyond to make sure that your big day is perfect! I appreciated the time he took to get to know us and what was important to us on our wedding day. His attention to detail ensured that our reception stayed on schedule and we were able to spend the majority of the time celebrating with our guests! James kept the dance floor full and he did a wonderful job combining our requests with his expertise! We are so grateful to James for helping to make our wedding perfect

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2018

ames was INCREDIBLE! He was responsive to all of our needs, questions, and concerns throughout the whole process. He mixed up song selections in the most amazing way and was so great about following our wishes! We could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

I am continually floored by how my clients describe me in new ways that communicate the best things I would want new clients to know. Thank you so very much for this.

Lacey · Married on 09/01/2018

James is seriously wonderful! He kept our party going and was so accommodating to all of our needs including going back and forth between two huge barns! He MCd the whole time and kept us and our guests informed and on schedule. He even came out to the limo to check on me right before the ceremony started. On top of being so amazing he is very affordable! I don’t have one negative thing to say about him and we are so happy we found him!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for mentioning specific things you liked, like coming out to the limo. I am especially humbled by your comment about not having one negative thing to say. And of course I love being called amazing. Haha. Many blessings on you both and thanks again.

Kati · Married on 07/21/2018

Super easy to work with from the get go! Our guests literally danced all night and that is thanks to James!

Sent on 08/07/2018

So kind Kati. Thank you!

McKenna · Married on 06/16/2018

James was absolutely amazing to work with. From the first meeting when we met he was on top of all wedding details from songs, to how to pronounce us as a married couple, to what he should wear to not clash with the wedding party. He was fun to work with, very outgoing and made our wedding day run smoothly. Any time I had a question or song change, James responded to my email within an hour of it being sent. The day of the wedding, James came up with our timeline and made sure everything was on time and that the other vendors were doing what they needed to at the correct times. We did not have a wedding planner so having James guide the night and other vendors was extremely helpful. At the end of the night, our wedding venue informed us that James was the best DJ they had had in a very long time. He played a wide variety of music and even took song suggestions. We had guests of all ages dancing the night away. I have gone to many weddings where guests quit dancing around 30/45 minutes before the end of the night and that was not the case for ours. James had all guests dancing until the very end of the night and people were even sad they had to quit dancing. I would STRONGLY suggest James as a DJ for weddings and cooperate events. He is truly amazing and so much fun to be around and work with!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

McKenna! You're amazing! Thank you for so many kind words. What a blessing to get a response like this. I'm touched. All the best to you both and I hope we run into each other again!

Kelsey · Married on 06/02/2018

Raise the Barr Entertainment is amazing! Wedding wouldn’t have been the same without them!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Kelsey. You know how much you both mean to me. Always a blessing to DJ for loved ones and to know they felt taken care of. This was one of my all time favorite weddings. It didn't hurt that we got to dance outdoors in beautiful Telluride, CO all night long!

cindy · Married on 05/26/2018

James was wonderful to work with. He was very thorough and I appreciated his professionalism through the planning process. Thanks James for a job well done. Cindy Patrick, Wedding Planner

Sent on 06/18/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Cindy! You’re a true planner. One of the few I’ve worked with that handles all the details well and respects the DJ also. Thank you! I had a blast!

Leah · Married on 04/14/2018

James was wonderful! He was our DJ for a social event and he came through. The theme was 80s and he showed up in the best costume ready to rock. His playlist was spot on and he played every song that we asked of him. He was flexible and reliable and most importantly FUN! I plan on hiring him for future events.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

As always Leah, you and the Lululemon team are a dream to work with. A dream team if you will. Thanks for the kind words.

Emma · Married on 04/07/2018

James was absolutely amazing. My husband and I had only a shaky tenative plan for our KS wedding reception (the main one out of state), and coming off our wedding and IN reception we were pretty exhausted and ended up changing around our event like 5 times, but James was a great sport and helped a lot. He even read the main part of our unity candle ceremony with no prior notice or practice. i would absolutely recommend him to anyone—If he could handle our rather thrown together reception, he can handle any reception. He was very friendly and professional throughout.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Very kind. Thank you. It was a joy to work with you both.

Breanna · Married on 12/31/2017

James was awesome! He was always willing to work with us on our needs and wants when it came to a wedding DJ. He kept the party going and everyone having a great time! Cannot say enough, I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for this. My first New Years Wedding. So much fun! One for the books.

Sarah · Married on 12/16/2017

We had the pleasure of working with James, the owner of Raise the Barr, as our wedding DJ. From the beginning of the process, he was professional, organized, energetic, and passionate about music and entertaining parties. He sat down with us to plan for the wedding and took his free time to get all the little details organized so the reception music and entertainment was flawless. He also has great ideas for games during the reception to involve everyone. At first I was skeptical, but then I witnessed how much fun our guests had, and I was convinced that James was the best DJ ever!! I can’t say enough good things about Raise the Barr!!!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much! You were both a joy to work with. Some of my favorite moments yet happened at your wedding!

stephanie · Married on 12/15/2017

James was Great! His responsiveness and customer service was second to none. He is extremely personable and was willing to alter the way he does business to make sure our party was THE BEST. Our party was for our business in our home for over 100 people. We wanted great music and karaoke. He provided excellent entertainment for everyone! He knew what songs to play because he asked appropriate questions prior to the event and followed up repeatedly right up until the event. He knows how to run an excellent business catered to what the client wants. He is listening! The whole next week we were told how much fun everyone had and that would not have happened without James being so awesome. Thank you, James!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Stephanie. One of my favorites! I love a lively karaoke group. And in such a beautiful home. Truly a joy.

mara · Married on 12/09/2017

James is incredible. He made our wedding day run so smoothly and went above and beyond. We had the best time and he kept everyone on the dance floor for the whole night. He accommodated my extremely picky and eclectic tastes in music—he is a true professional and knows what he is doing. I would wholeheartedly recommend James to anyone!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

This is so flattering. Thank you so much. You were so easy to work with and I truly enjoyed myself.

Alex · Married on 11/17/2017

In a day full of highlights, James was absolutely no exception. James was unbelievably responsive, enthusiastic, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We were lucky with all of our vendors, but James stood out among all of them. We couldn't be happier with the service provided, and we absolutely give James our highest recommendation. James went above and beyond to accommodate all of our requests, and even went outside of his normal comfort zone to give us everything we wanted. He was willing to do whatever it took to give us the best ceremony/reception possible, and he was 100% successful in doing just that. We can't say enough good about James!

Meghan and Alex Singleton

Sent on 11/27/2017

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

This is so kind. You're the best! You made it easy to provide my first roller skating Farris Bueller DJ act. I enjoyed every minute of it!

Emerald · Married on 11/03/2017

James is the BEST! He did an amazing job at our wedding. All of our guests could not stop talking about how great he was. Hands down the best DJ!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for this. Your wedding was awesome! First crowd surf ever. Loved it.

Jordan · Married on 10/21/2017

James was AWESOME!! The whole reason our ceremony went so smoothly was because of him! Our vows were misplaced so during the awkward 5 minutes it took to find them he jumped right in and started playing music AND even ran to go help look for them!! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how fun our reception was because of the games he played and his music selection was PERFECT! He made sure to play songs that everyone liked and could dance to! We could not have asked for a better DJ!! Plus the photo booth he brought was a huge hit! We HIGHLY recommend him!! We've been to a lot of weddings and events and in our opinion, there is not a better DJ in the KC area!! Thank you James for helping make our day so perfect!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

Wow! This is so flattering. The honor was all mine. These words are such a huge blessing. Thank you.

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2017

James did an outstanding job at our 8K. He played exaxtly what we needed and provided an unforgettable experience for the runners. His flexibility and enthusiasm set the tone for our time. Thanks James!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

This is an event for Lululemon in Leawood. Great clothes. Great people. Super fun to work with! Thanks Nicole.

Kristyn · Married on 10/07/2017

We absolutely loved working with James! He made our wedding reception go off without a hitch and kept everything moving along! He was able to read the crowd (more than the groom and I ever could) and made our celebration even more amazing! Highly, highly recommend him to anyone who is getting married! Thank you so much for everything you did for us!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Raise The Barr Entertainment's reply:

This is so kind. Thank you so much, Kristyn.