Rainbow Ranch Lodge Reviews

Rainbow Ranch Lodge 5
Rainbow Ranch Lodge 6
Rainbow Ranch Lodge 7

Ainsley · Married on 06/01/2018

I had my wedding here earlier this year and the venue is absolutely perfect. The staff is so so so helpful and the food was to die for. This place is not cheap, but if you are looking for a high quality wedding venue, this is a fantastic choice.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Rainbow Ranch Lodge's reply:

Thank you for the nice review Ainsley! I am happy to hear that you had a great experience.

Carrie Bishop
    General Manager

Stephanie · Married on 06/14/2016

My husband and I got married in June of 2016, at Rainbow Ranch. The staff was very helpful with the planning of our wedding. The food was perfect, the cake was perfect and the wedding was just as we dreamed it would be. We are going back for our 1 year wedding anniversary and are so excited!

-Steph

Sent on 11/02/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 09/12/2015

This was the perfect wedding venue - Carrie and her team were wonderful and very responsive throughout the planning process. They made it easy to plan the wedding from thousands of miles away!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Kiersten · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I got married here in May, 2017. We were the first couple to have their wedding in the new event tent and it was gorgeous! We planned our entire wedding from 700 miles away and only actually visited the location once (for about an hour) before we booked the venue. The grounds and views are what made us know this was the place to go. Carrie was so helpful from start to finish. When our wedding day came we were blown away at how beautiful everything was and the food was delicious. We had a smaller wedding with about 60 people total, all our guests rented rooms at the Lodge, so the whole weekend felt like a vacation for everyone in a location all to ourselves. We highly recommend the Rainbow Ranch to anyone looking to get married in Montana, your guests will love the laid back- Montana feeling of the venue and you will get the BEST pictures with gorgeous backdrops and rustic buildings on the property.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Kiersten,

Thank you much for the kind review! It was a pleasure to work with you! Please come back and see us soon!

Samantha · Married on 05/12/2016

The Rainbow Ranch has a great destination wedding vibe but while still being close to Bozeman. I loved that it felt very secluded and that our guests could stay with us. The location of the rooms, ceremony spot, reception area and bar, were all close by and flowed together very well. The newer remodeled rooms were GORGEOUS! They were large and had a great Montana feel; the other rooms however were fine but definitely not as nice/new. The entire staff was amazing, super friendly and accommodating. They were able to help us plan our small wedding on a months notice and it was perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Margaret · Married on 12/14/2013

Where do I start to review Rainbow Ranch? Our daughter was married at Rainbow Ranch in December, 2013. Mollie and her staff far exceeded our expectations! Mollie, the resort manager is a trained wedding planner and uses her skills to make sure that every little detail is covered. From local vendor recommendations, to sending picture updates (we wanted snow), to ensuring that her staff and facilities were well prepared for the event, Mollie is a pro. I can say without hesitation that Mollie is fully capable of planning and coordinating a wedding at Rainbow Ranch. The staff is so warm and welcoming and truly care about the success of the event. From Liz, the pastry chef who prepares the most amazing breakfast pastries (those croissants!) and creates the most beautiful, delicious dessert tables - gluten free on request, to Tyler, the bartender, waiter, do-it-all guy who greets the guests with a smile, to Joce who ensures your guest room needs are all met, I could go on with each staff member - the Rainbow Ranch staff becomes part of your family! The rooms are clean and comfortable with lovely amenities - the firewood was well stocked in the rooms with fireplaces. The food - amazing! Our guests could not stop raving about the quality of the food! This is not your typical event food - it is fine dining! The daily breakfast was always wonderful too. The location on the Gallatin River is beautiful and feels very private, even though it is conveniently located just off the main road. The main building is filled with local artwork and history - a true mountain western gem! I believe that in the end, what you will always remember is how a place made you feel - Rainbow Ranch and the staff there made us feel special and I look forward to returning often!

Sent on 01/06/2014
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/21/2017

Perfect wedding along the Gallatin

Rainbow Ranch was a truly magical place to host our wedding weekend. Their event staff was attentive throughout our entire planning process, and their hospitality and warmth could not have been matched. They also helped accommodate our changing guest list and unpredictable weather leading up to the wedding itself :) Our families and bridal party stayed on the ranch throughout the entire wedding weekend which made our ceremony and reception even more special! And last but not least, the food all weekend was outstanding!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Maggie · Married on 09/09/2017

Rainbow Ranch is a beautiful lodge and wedding venue. We hosted our September 2017 ceremony and reception here. The grounds are very well kept and the new tent (attached to barn) is gorgeous. All of our food was fantastic - from appetizers, to the nicely-plated entrees, and the desserts by their pasty chef are delicious. We primarily worked with Carrie (although all staff are helpful especially Noelle) who was beyond helpful on our wedding day and through all of our questions leading up to our wedding. We came to Montana from out-of-state, but were in great hands with Carrie's help! We stayed at the lodge for our engagement and it was a beautiful and special day to get married here on the banks of the Gallatin River and surrounded by mountains. Thank you Carrie and Rainbow Ranch!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Alexa · Married on 07/29/2017

We loved getting married at R&R! It was the perfect place to have both of our families together. My California family got the best Montana experience by staying at R&R. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 07/07/2018
    Rainbow Ranch Lodge 21
    Rainbow Ranch Lodge 22
    Rainbow Ranch Lodge 23

Rainbow Ranch Lodge's reply:

Hi Alexa! You are so sweet and we would love to see your cute little face back at the Ranch sometime soon! You two need to come for a romantic getaway for a night or 2! And bring that super cute puppy.

Carrie

Matt · Married on 07/15/2017

Wonderful location right next to the river, it was comfortable, beautiful, great food, helpful/flexible staff, and so quiet for being right next to a highway! I would recommend this location to a friend/family. Just a note: You have to rent out all o the Pondside rooms, or you have to end the reception by 10pm. We had no problem filling them. We also got one free night in the honeymoon suite, included in the venue fee.

My ONLY complaint is that their sewage system was noticeably smelly in certain parts of their back lawn. If the wind had been blowing that way, it would have stunk up the outdoor ceremony area and reception area.

Sent on 07/18/2017

David · Married on 08/04/2018

We had a destination wedding at Rainbow Ranch. We were happy with the overall experience. RR is a one stop shop. The venue is mix use with an outdoor ceremony location, outdoor/indoor cocktail area and the reception inside the tent next to the river will make for an experience your guests will not forget! RR is very responsive and I felt valued as a customer. The venue is expensive but the food is outstanding and the views are breathtaking. The only negative feedback we heard from our guests is the cash bar for our Welcome Dinner was not consistent in pricing. Most every guest said the wine and drink prices continued to increase as the night went on and some felt they were being taken advantage of. My recommendation to future guests would be to communicate drink prices to your guests and confirm the prices with RR before the event. Outside of this, RR was easy to work with, accommodating and a stunning place to get married.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/08/2016

2.5
      2.5

Pattie Graffe is seriously amazing and is on her game, however she works remotely so it is hard to get a whole lot of her time. Carrie Bishop is Pattie's assistant and she is the on location planner. I had hired an outside planner so I did not have a whole lot of interaction with her, but what time we had interacted she was extremely pleasant and professional. The head Chef is seriously talented, the food is INCREDIBLE; all of our guests were raving about the buffet! The baker is also amazing, our cake was out of this world! Our day was beautiful and everything we had imagined.

The rest of the staff is less notable. Shannon who handles reservations and front desk could use a course or two in customer service. He was incredibly rude to several family members and friends who had traveled from Oregon, Ohio, Colorado and California...talk about a let down. He also failed to follow up regarding several lost items that had been left at the venue, when I specifically asked him for a call back. Talk about someone making or breaking your experience at Rainbow Ranch Lodge! He definitely broke it for my husband and I, and several members of our family. When you spend a large amount of money in one location, we expected stellar customer service. We also left a couple messages for GM Ryan Kuntz, only to get a call back from Carrie Bishop (again very pleasant). Ryan failed to follow up with either my husband or I regarding these specific concerns.

The venue itself is amazing, right on the Gallatin River with amazing views. The rooms are luxurious and very comfortable, however there is a very strong scent from the septic outside of certain rooms that is rather off-putting.

I would recommend this venue however be aware that there are certain people who are much more professional and responsive than others.

Sent on 10/28/2016