Raffael’s at South Shore Country Club Reviews

47 | Hingham, MA

47 Reviews for Raffael’s at South Shore Country Club

Marianne Mccann · Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful Wedding Shower

What a perfect Sunday wedding shower brunch! The breakfast menu was spectacular, the service was outstanding and the view was breathtaking!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Lisa Davis · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding for my daughter

I am very happy with the they Raffael’s venue. I used them for my daughters wedding. I am especially happy with Therese, she was a great help and went above and beyond to make the day great.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Lorida · Married on 10/08/2017

I couldn’t be more happy with Raffael’s! Terese is absolutely the best and we are so lucky we found her. She made the wedding planing so much easier and she was there to answer all my questions. I finally have some time to write a review, my wedding was in October and it could’ve not been more perfect! Thank you Raffael’s!

Sent on 07/13/2018
  • PerfectlyPolin

Allison · Married on 09/23/2017

I can not think of a more beautiful place to get married in Hingham than Raffael's! The views, the décor, the FOOD! It was all incredible. The day of team was very helpful and Terese went above and beyond from our very first meeting to make sure everything went smoothly! She was quick to respond to emails and always very sweet. Raffael's was able to accommodate our wedding flawlessly and I would highly recommend them (and Terese) to anyone looking to host an event!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Bethany · Married on 08/26/2017

Having our wedding at Raffael's was the easiest and best decision we could have made for our wedding. From the first day we visited the venue they made us feel like royalty and like we were their only bride and groom. They worked with us on every detail and we were able to modify the package to make it perfect for us. The food tasting was just one amazing meal after another making it so hard to choose which meal would be perfect for us. To show their attention to detail every meal came with a beautiful orchid on it. Terese and Frank went above and beyond and I never had to wait more than 24 hours before someone in their office got back to me. Every time we went to visit the site, eat dinner or play golf we were greeted like friends. The day of the wedding was magical they had set up everything better than I could expected and the room was perfect. They really took care of myself and my husband, and I even had my own waitress who followed me around with wine and french fries to make sure I ate something. At one point in the night someone had stepped on my train and ripped the bussel so Frank helped me pin it back up! The venue, the grounds and the food were something you read about in magazines, but the total experience was something out of a fairy tale.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Laura · Married on 06/23/2017

I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we chose to have our wedding at Raffles @ South Shore Country Club. From my very first meeting with event coordinator Terese Panetta I knew we were going to have our wedding reception here. The venue was just renovated and the Hingham Ballroom is absolutely gorgeous! The food is amazing and everyone was raving that it didn't taste like "wedding food" but was so delicious (we had statler chicken and prime rib with fingerling potatoes) We had a private tasting of all the food and had a difficult time choosing bc everything was so good. We also had signature cocktails and were able to try those out beforehand as well. Frank, the bar owner, created an AMAZING Mango martini that all the guests enjoyed so much! I probably would have chosen this place for the look and taste alone, but aside from the amazing looking venue, delicious food, and beautiful outside area perfect for pictures, another thing that really impressed us was the level of professionalism and customer service. Terese was such a great help during the entire year of planning, I asked so many questions, sometimes even the same ones, and she always answered and gave me her honest feedback and even gave me tips on how to save money which is not common in the wedding business as they want you to spend more more more! I never felt like I was "just another bride" bc she always reassured that no matter what, she was there to help make our big day perfect and just the way we envisioned, even with last minute changes the day before, she was on point with everything. I actually felt sad when it was over bc I really enjoyed working with her and Frank, but we will be back to visit the restaurant! I could go on and on, but if you are looking for a beautiful venue with great food and drinks, affordable prices, and top notch service, look no further bc Terese Panettta and Raffaels @ South Shore Country Club is the best of the best! Thanks so much for everything!!!

Sent on 07/04/2017

taylor · Married on 10/01/2016

Their location in Walpole was absolutely amazing! From the attention to detail to the amazing staff. My wedding was perfect. Everything was flawless and elegant just like I wanted it. If you are looking for that high end wedding venue for your guests to be completely amazed but don't want to spend the ridiculous amount on a venue in the city. This is your place! My guests have been talking about this venue non-stop for 2 months now. I even had one of my guests who owns a high end place in Boston say that it was the most amazing wedding he has ever been to. I also work in a fine dining facility myself as do my managers and co workers who were invited to the wedding, so you could say we have VERY high standards on service. They said they had never seen anything like it. The staff made sure they were never without anything they needed. The owner Joe is also a sweetheart and very down to earth. They are very honest and real which I loved. Also, it happened to rain unexpectedly on my wedding day and they had the most beautiful back-up room inside for the ceremony. (VERY IMPORTANT) -Thank you so much Raffael's for allowing me to have what my family is calling "The Wedding of the Century."

Sent on 12/21/2016

Tim · Married on 09/10/2016

Wow! We had our wedding reception at the Hingham location (9/10/16) so we were fortunate to work with Terese! Terese was incredible from the very first time I called her until after our wedding. A month later after the wedding I am still getting compliments on how much our guests loved everything about the venue. The food (filet mignon) was incredible and the newly-remodeled room was beautiful, too.

As an extra perk, we had an "after reception party" at the bowling alley on the premise. Our guests thought that was such a great idea and everyone had a great time.

I think we had to book our date roughly 15 months ahead of time and we are glad we did! I honestly cannot recommend this venue enough and Terese certainly made it a day we will never forget.

Good luck!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Katie · Married on 09/26/2015

Rafael's did an incredible job with our wedding! From the original booking date to the food tasting to the table linens to the wedding program to the rehearsal diner to the actual final Wedding day itself, Terese Panetta, the event planner, went above and beyond her professional duties to provide us with a stunning experience! I can truly say that we had a Fairytale wedding, and the entire time Terese was like a magical bird who gave complete direction and stayed by our sides making sure our every need was met! The pavilion tent and the Hingham Room were both so beautifully decorated and the Food was perfect.The owner himself, Elio, was even involved with details and planning of our wedding, and you could tell that Raffael's take much pride in what they do and they thoroughly enjoy making their clients happy! If you are looking to have a show stopper wedding at a price you can afford, then Raffael's In Hingham is right for you! Would love to even share some of photos and video as well! Beyond impressed with this venue!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Joe · Married on 09/19/2015

What a perfect wedding we had! The tent and reception were just amazing. This was definitely the right choice for us. The whole process was so easy and Terese worked so hard to make sure our day went just how we wanted. Thank you so much to the entire Raffael's staff!

Sent on 10/18/2015
  • F

Felisha · Married on 09/12/2015

Raffael's is absolutely a beautiful country club!!! Terese was there to answer all my questions and calm my fears. The food is OUTSTANDING!!! The Chef gets an A+++ on every dish my guests were pleasantly surprised that it didn't taste like "wedding food" but more like going to a restaurant. Raffael's in Hingham made my 25th Wedding Anniversary and all my dreams, wants and desires come true. THANK YOU!!!

Ps. Will be planning my next event shortly

Sent on 01/11/2016

We had our wedding at Raffael's on June 20th, 2015, and it was amazing! We got married on-site (ceremony outdoors) and then had the Reception inside. They surpassed all of my expectations, and delivered on everything. The food was outstanding, staff was extremely helpful and courteous, and even catered to specific people's food orders. Elio was the BEST, he was so helpful, kind, and always on time. Elio helped us very much the day before at the Rehearsal, and then the night of the wedding, he went above and beyond. People came up to me saying how great of a person he was. The food was fantastic - we had penne alla vodka as a first course before the main meals and that was everyone's favorite.

The alcohol was top shelf, and bartenders was so nice and funny. We got the package from Raffael's were everything was included, so I did not have to worry about flowers, centerpieces, hors d'oeuvres, linens, guest book, etc because all of that was included. For me, this was PERFECT! I know 0 about Weddings, and thanks to Tina and Lynne, they did it all for me. You do not need a wedding planner because Tina and Lynne are perfect. The reasons we went with Raffael's in the first place were because: gorgeous BIG ballroom and dance floor, 2 huge bars inside the ballroom, cocktail room is also beautiful (it's hard to find both!), price/value, the PEOPLE (Tina, Lynne, Joe & Elio beat out any people we met looking at venue's), the food (they do a taste test), top shelf alcohol included, ability to adapt to anything we wanted changed, and location. Thank you Raffael's!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

We had our June 6, 2015 wedding reception at Raffael's at South Shore Country Club. We could not be happier that we chose this venue for our wedding. The staff at this venue exceeded any and all expectations we had for our wedding. Throughout the entire process Terese was AMAZING. I knew I could always reach out to her with anything- and she was always so responsive and thorough. At one point I was stuck on how to decorate certain areas, and all I had to do was ask and she'd give me so many different creative ideas. She put together all of our lantern beach themed centerpieces, and decorated the entire venue with the decorations we provided better than I could have even imagined. Not to mention how helpful she was the day of. She is so creative and good at what she does. I can't say enough good things about her, or the other staff. They worked so hard the day of the reception, and everyone commented on how if they asked for anything she personally took care of it immediately. The food was delicious, and everyone loved the passed appetizers. I would highly highly recommend this venue- and all of its staff. There was not a thing I would change. They did everything possible to make our day perfect!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Danielle · Married on 04/25/2015

I recently just had my wedding at Raffael's this past April. Everything about Rafael's was classy and professional. We purchased the Raffaels Package which includes the center pieces, invitations, and cake. All of vendors that Raffaels partners with are also top notch and were great to work with. Lynne, Tina and Joe were all a privilege to work with. My husband and I greatly appreciated all of the little things that they all did that ultimately made our day so memorable. We were blown away by how beautiful the room looked all set up with the linens and flowers - it was breathtaking! Beyond that, the staff at Raffaels was beyond accommodating and helpful. Overall, Rafael's level of customer service is admirable. Everyone at Raffael's made the entire wedding process pleasant and effortless. The invitations were also gorgeous - we received many compliments about them. Our guests were also raving about the food - it was delicious! It was an all around class act! We could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Valerie · Married on 07/05/2014

Almost a year later, we are still riding a wedding “high” from our daughter’s wedding reception at Raffael’s in Walpole, MA on July 5, 2014. We began our search for the “right” place in Oct. 2013 soon after she became engaged. I must preface this by saying I am probably one of the “pickiest” people around….details are very important to me, so I didn’t want to settle for anyplace. Raffael’s was top-notch from the moment we walked in until we drove away after the wedding ended. Working with Lynne and Tina was wonderful. My daughter was a long-distance bride, so they were attentive and responsive to all our emails, questions and ideas. The food was AMAZING!! Plentiful, fresh, presented beautifully and tasted SO delish! Our guests were gushing about it!! The atmosphere of the cocktail hour and ballroom was just perfectly magnificent and elegant, without stuffiness. The flowers (Judy’s Village Florist, Foxboro, MA) were breathtaking (Judy’s also did the bridal party flowers which were gorgeous!). Our maître‘d was Elio who was calming, knowledgeable, ready and attentive to every need/detail…..everything went off without a hitch!! We had many guests who had never been there….from the local, out of state and even a few out of the country and all were gushing about the beauty of the venue, fabulous food and service and overall atmosphere. It was a dream day for my daughter and her husband, but also for my husband and I who hosted this beautiful event. If I had another daughter….her wedding would be at Raffael’s.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2014

This venue is beautiful, accommodating, easy to work with and overall wonderful! I twisted my ankle seconds before our ceremony started and by the time the reception came around my ankle was extremely swollen. I had been warned that we wouldn't eat much at our wedding reception by many brides/grooms but upon arriving at the country club I was offered food while waiting to take pictures and enjoyed every course for the rest of the evening, seated (which I really needed for my ankle). I was shocked that in spite of warnings I was enjoying a relaxing, fun reception in the same way my guests were thanks to Raffael's. In addition, Terese ensured that everything went according to our plans and made sure I had plenty of ice, or anything I needed including a golf cart, for my ankle as the day progressed. They provided us with exceptional service and were always organized and easy to communicate with. Their food is delicious and everything looked beautiful! They decorated for us and helped collect the decorations afterward as well. Everything they did was appreciated and perfect. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Megan · Married on 05/03/2014

I recently had my wedding at Raffaels on May 3rd. Raffaels was amazing!! Tina and Lynne were there every step of the way to answer my (many) questions on the wedding. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the service was great.We received SO MANY compliments on the food (including the hors d'eourves). We selected a package that also included many items such as the centerpieces and the invitations-both of which were stunning. I would highly recommend Raffaels!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Shelbi · Married on 12/31/2013

Best food, best atmosphere, and best price. Raffael's made all our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 01/24/2014

Our ceremony and reception were held at Raffael’s at South Shore Country Club. The main reasons we chose this venue was for the price, location (I wanted to have the ceremony and reception at the same location) and I wanted good scenery for outside photos. Raffael’s at South Shore Country Club delivered on everything! It is such a beautiful venue and the staff is fantastic! They offer an incredible value as a venue and went out of their way to provide services for us that other venues would have charged an arm and a leg for. I hear from someone new everyday how incredible the food was and how great the staff were – that is was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Terese was extremely helpful throughout the planning of the event and the day itself. I really couldn’t have pulled this wedding together without her! She is one of the most organized, professional and creative people I have ever had the pleasure to work with! Terese made every detail of our wedding exactly as we wanted, and she even surpassed our expectations. She is a joy to work with and very reasonable. She allows you to customize your wedding according to your budget. I can’t say enough good things about her! She made our wedding ceremony so easy and stress free.

Absolutely no complaints at all, they made for a smooth and successful event at a great price.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Raffael's is an amazing venue! The staff was so helpful and accommodating! Lynne, Tina and Rico made my day so wonderful and remarkable. It was decorated so beautifully! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a venue.....

Sent on 11/21/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2012

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Hingham venue. Absolutely gorgeous views and modern rooms, not your typical banquet hall. The food was fantastic and the service exceeded my expectations. Terese is an amazing person and a true joy to work with. By far the best bargain for the quality.

Sent on 11/21/2012

My husband and I enjoyed the best night of our lives at our wedding reception at Raffael's at the South Shore Country Club on June 23, 2012! Terese Pannetta, the wedding coordinator, was the most amazing coordinator who ensured that every detail was perfect and was exactly was we had envisioned for this perfect day! Elio and Frank, the management team, also were terrific and so easy to deal with! Not one ounce of stress!! The food, cake, service and decor were absolutely a dream come true and, by far, exceeded our expectations! All of our partygoers said it was the happiest and most fun wedding ever! The staff was so wonderful and so accommodating to our guests! I wish we could do it again! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!!! Since we were married in a church, we don't know how a ceremony would go there but we did use the outdoor tent for our cocktail hour - AWESOME!!!!!

Sent on 02/21/2013

Jamie · Married on 06/16/2012

I recently got married this past June 16th, 2012. I chose Raffael's in Walpole, MA to have my reception. I am not lying when I say that people are still calling up both myself and my parents telling us how much they enjoyed themselves at the wedding! They thought that Raffael's was just gorgeous. They were so impressed by everything.
    The staff was extremely nice, the food was AWESOME!! My favorite person at Raffael's was Ricco.
    When I met with him the week prior to my wedding and he turned to me and said " Don't worry honey - I will take care of everything" he absolutely meant it. The night of my wedding he was amazing - he was super accommodating, very attentive to everyone's needs, and most of all he walked myself and my husband through every step of the way.. Not for 1 second did I feel nervous or have that feeling of not knowing what's going to happen next - Ricco made sure to prep us for everything so we were totally prepared.
    I can't say enough about Raffael's, only that I wish I could do it again and I hope a friend of mine has her wedding there so I can go back!
    I highly recommend Raffael's for your wedding - you will be in good hands! ; )

Thank you to EVERYONE at Raffael's for making my wedding night a night to remember.!
    Keep up the great work!

Jamie & Marty
    6/16/2012

Sent on 07/05/2012

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2012

Raffael's was absolutely amazing! From the moment we started working with them they were professional, accommodating and easy to deal with. If I had a question they got back to use immediately. The day of the wedding is couldn't have I imagined anything better! It was perfect! Every detail was so well thought out! The room was gorgeous!!!...I HIGHLY recommend other brides to choose this venue!

Sent on 06/23/2012

denise · Married on 10/23/2011

Rico and the team at Raffael's were great! I knew that my wedding was going to be beautiful, but Raffael's brought beautiful to a new level. From the ceremony to the reception everything went so smoothly.

Sent on 11/15/2011