Radio Tokyo Reviews

Radio Tokyo 6
Radio Tokyo 7
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Radio Tokyo will take your wedding from good to awesome! I cannot say enough good things about this band. They were amazing to work with, flexible, and professional. Our wedding was 2 weeks ago, and people are still raving about Radio Tokyo. My husband's 90 year old grandmother was dancing all night until the very last song-- and somehow she lost one shoe while dancing, which we found 2 days later. The music selection was exactly what we would have picked out for ourselves! If you're looking for a wedding band that will be talked about for years after your wedding this is the band for you!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Camille · Married on 07/14/2018

Seriously the best event band experience I’ve had to date. Jason Miller is a pleasure to work with, he’ll make sure that everything is set, flows smoothly, and that your guests will be speaking about your wedding band way after the wedding. I’d recommend Radio Tokyo to any bride that’s looking for a band that can execute on just about any song, and will set up without having to worry that they’ll be professional and ready to get the party started!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Christopher · Married on 09/23/2017

Look no farther for a wedding band. In fact, you should plan your wedding date around Radio Tokyo's availability. Well, only if you want every family member and friend you see for several months after your wedding to tell you that your wedding reception, notably the band, was incredible and the best party they have ever been to. Jason was great to work with and accommodated several song requests and unique timeline ideas that we had (mini-set before dinner). He even prepared a slideshow to be played during the reception on TVs next to the stage.

Sent on 01/11/2018
    Radio Tokyo 8
    Radio Tokyo 9
    Radio Tokyo 10

elliott · Married on 09/02/2017

Radio Tokyo is excellent. I saw them play up near the Lake Erie islands about 6 months I proposed to my wife, and knew immediately they would be the band to play our wedding.

I contacted Jason and we were able to put together a package quickly, he followed up timely, and MC'd the event. Radio Tokyo has variety, they're not your average cookie cutter cover band-they have personality and incredible variety. Our first dance and second song were more "country-ish" and they nailed it. They're try pro's and can read an audience very well.

If you're hesitant about booking a band, because your unsure how it will translate-I assure you, there is nothing to worry about here. They play tunes ranging from pop-punk, hip-hop, pop, rap, and old school throwbacks. We placed value on the music being the main attraction at our wedding, if you do as well-Radio Tokyo is the right fit.

Sent on 01/11/2018
    Radio Tokyo 11
    Radio Tokyo 12
    Radio Tokyo 13
    Radio Tokyo 14
    Radio Tokyo 15

Jason · Married on 07/03/2015

I don't even know where to start with this review....Radio Tokyo hit a home run. Actually, a grand slam. These guys ROCKED THE HOUSE. Thanks to the band's manager (and drummer), Jason, every single experience I had with the band was positive. From booking, to pricing, to creating our wedding playlist, to logistics, to coordinating the band's outfit....all the way to their performance, Radio Tokyo was on point. I could go on and on, but I'll end with this - in the two+ years (2015) since my wedding, the thing I hear most about that night is "That band was awesome! Where in the world did you find them?"

Sent on 01/23/2018

Gian · Married on 10/07/2017

I initially saw Radio Tokyo playing at a Pittsburgh Pirates pre-game party. I was with a few of my friends at a bar right by the field and heard them from a distance. As soon as I heard them play 'Wobble', I was hooked. After three or four songs, I immediately told my then fiancée they were going to be our wedding band.

I am a musician myself and in my humble opinion, Radio Tokyo is better than most wedding bands. They're all technically very sound musicians who play cover songs that showcase their talent while also keep the integrity of the tracks.

They will keep your dance floor moving all night long. The lead singer, Chris (former singer from the 90's group Pretty Ricky) makes their repertoire so versatile. He is an excellent singer and almost even better rapper. Some songs they can play really well are: 'Uptown Funk', 'All I do is win', 'Closer, 'Pony:, ' Talk Dirty', 'Can I get A..', 'My House', 'Hot in Herre', Humble', 'OMG' and the list is always growing. They try to keep up with the latest songs while mixing a lot of 90's. Most of the band also sings so they can harmonize songs that have more than one singer.

Furthermore and more importantly, they are easy and fun to work with (you can tell they like working with each other with the amount of jokes they make amongst each other). I wanted to surprise my wife with a song and sing/play piano with them (Ed Sheeren's Perfect). They invited me to their practice space in Pittsburgh for a couple hours and it was a blast. They're so good to adapt to a song they usually do not play and make it sound even more epic.

So to recap, for me and my wife, it was the best choice to make them my wedding band. Their musical skills and versatility, blend of modern and older song selection, and great personalities to work with made this choice easy for us. If you're looking for a band, you would be short-changing yourself if you did not at least see a show from these guys before your wedding.

Sent on 01/21/2018

Karsten Farrell · Married on 10/20/2018

Radio Tokyo rocked our wedding!

The guys at Radio Tokyo made our wedding a party no one there will ever forget. They were great to work with on creating a unique playlist and brought energy and excitement beyond our wildest dreams. If you're looking to have a blast at your wedding, book them now!

Sent on 02/25/2019