Rachel Philipson Photography & Design Reviews

49 | Ithaca, NY

49 Reviews for Rachel Philipson Photography & Design

• CG4268

Cristina · Married on 09/06/2014

Rachel is more than an excellent wedding photographer at a great price. She is what my husband now refers to as a Photography Ninja. She is agile, mindful,camera savvy, prepared and has a zen like calm when things tend to get a little hectic- it is a wedding after all. We were lucky enough to have her for 8 hours on the day of our intimate wedding. She came dressed professionally in All black (much like a ninja) and ready to work. From the moment arrived at the venue, she was respectful and hardworking. She skillfully snapped wonderful candid photos that best represent her Photo Journalistic Stance. If you want a photographer that will not miss all the small details most brides stress over- then Rachel is definitely the photographer for you. I had alot of DIY projects that I worked tirelessly on, and now I have them all captured in photography. Rachel has a really good eye for portraiture. I took a risk in getting my dress a little dirty on my rainy wedding day but sitting in a field, by walking on a tree lined dirt path, and that's something I wouldn't do without complete faith in the vision of the photographer and it paid out in a major way. Rachel is kind and easy going and a pleasure to work with. She also makes for wonderful conversation as if she was an old friend. Rachel also was very quick with the turn around. Just 3 days after my ceremony she had the images completely edited and uploaded on the online gallery, 2 Days later (5 days after my wedding) I recieved my delightfully elegant USB drive carefully packaged and shipped via Priority Mail. I was shocked and suprised at the quality (AND QUANTITY) of beautiful images she was able to capture. Many- were taken without anyone's knowledge, and perfectly capture the moment. - If I could do it over again- would I book her again? YES! In a heart beat, Thanks to Rachel's Photography I can relive my wedding day over and over again.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/09/2014

Rachel was the perfect photographer for our wedding. She was very responsive and willing to do whatever we wanted to do. She would respond to questions within a day and had our edited pictures to us within a few days after the wedding (she said she doesn't like to let things sit). The quality of her photos was excellent and we were drawn to her for her photojournalist style, which did not disappoint. We have amazing pictures of us and our guests and the day was captured perfectly. She is laid back and was not intrusive at all, yet managed to get many great shots. Also,it was a wonderful surprise to receive the USB port with all of our pictures, which was a beautiful wooden design in a pretty blue, suede-lined box. It was perfect. Also, I highly recommend adding on the photo booth package. Our guests loved it and it was so much fun to have a few hours with a professional photographer to take goofy shots. The pictures were available for everyone to download after. We were very surprised by how reasonably priced Rachel was. She is very talented, but is affordable. We loved Rachel and would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Ben · Married on 07/05/2014

Rachel was the perfect photographer! Not only she get incredible shots of us, our wedding party, and our guests, she didn't force any of those shots, but instead they were wonderfully candid. It allowed us to focus on the importance of the day and our guests rather than being distracted by a lot of forced portraits.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Diana · Married on 06/14/2014

I can't recommend Rachel Philipson highly enough. She was a joy to work with, very relaxed and calm and friendly. We had a few (15 minutes or so) posed shots right after the ceremony, and then she took candids from then on out. Both types of shots are just gorgeous - she captured everyone at their most relaxed and beautiful and happy. We literally have a beautiful and flattering photo of every single person at the reception, which is EXACTLY what we wanted, and there were some beautiful shots of the venue and the decor. When we look back at these pictures, they really just bring back the feeling of the whole day. She was so unobtrusive during the candids, but when we weren't entirely sure what to do during the posed shots, in the friendliest way possible she just prodded everyone efficiently into place. She is a professional through and through, from her extremely fast responses when I was first inquiring about her rates (extremely fairly priced for the quality, by the way!), her wonderful demeanor during the event, to the fact that she got all of the photos back to us within a week. Amazing!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Katherine · Married on 08/04/2013

Rachel was nothing but an absolute pleasure to work with. She was extremely flexible and accommodating. She captured certain moments I had specially requested, and at the same time I hardly knew she was there most of the night. She captures events as they truly take place, creating a fantastic documentation of a beloved occasion but not overdoing the posed or made up shots. Her candids from the ceremony and reception helped remind us of many moments from an otherwise whirlwind few hours that we would not have remembered. And she sent us the final pictures (both an online viewing gallery and CDs) in less than a week after the wedding! I can't recommend Rachel enough.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Paula · Married on 07/28/2013

We hired Rachel to do our photography at our wedding, which we organized in only 3 weeks! Rachel was so helpful and enthusiastic, and so accommodating considering the exceptionally short lead-up time! She is a delight to work with. Her rate was extremely reasonable too! A the wedding, she was an absolute delight ... all our guests simply loved her, and she integrated into the wedding so seamlessly that nobody seemed to notice that she was snapping photos! And best of all, she returned the photos to us in less than ONE WEEK after the wedding, providing both full-resolution images and Facebook-quality ones. Her photos were stunning - we had asked for very natural, unposed images, and that's exactly what we got, with a few posed ones when asked. She has a fantastic eye for what makes a visually stunning photo! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2013

When I started looking for a wedding photographer, I had a few requirements. I knew I wanted someone who would be unobtrusive (I had been to weddings where the photographer was really distracting during the ceremony, and did *not* want a photographer who was going to be in the way), someone who would take very good photojournalist-style pictures/candids to capture real (not staged) moments, and someone who wouldn't pressure us to do a lot of cheesy poses. Rachel was everything we were looking for; she was wonderful! In addition to being professional, flexible, and responsible, she was also very kind--she was a calming presence during a stressful day. We were thrilled with both our engagement and our wedding photos and would not hesitate to use her services again!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Rachel was awesome!!! She really was wonderful to work with. Extremely professional, calm, and helpful. I would definitely recommend her to any friend. My husband and I love the photos from the wedding. Rachel captures very unique angles. Great action photos. I appreciate her not being pushes, but the only one little recommendation/suggestion would be to help direct group photos/posed photos a bit more. My family and husband's family are all over the place and hard to organize. We had a backyard wedding and the ceremony moved right to the receiving line and then cocktail hour. It was hard to get everyone together to take photos and I felt like I was "yelling" at the family members to get together and looking back some had sun glasses on, not standing together well, etc. But other than that, we LOVED the photos! :)

Sent on 10/29/2012

Noah · Married on 06/24/2012

Aside from the fact that Rachel took phenomenal pictures, she was great to work with! She was extremely patient while nearly every other person at our wedding attempted to take pictures, stumble in front of her, or even take over her position. We had an outdoor summer wedding and despite the heat and thick air, Rachel persisted in getting every angle of our special day... there wasn't a candid moment that we wanted that she didn't already have and her work went well beyond our expectations. The only difficult part about working with Rachel was narrowing down our favorite photos because they were all so remarkable (seriously!). We highly recommend Rachel for any of your photography needs. We really appreciated her artistic ability to take both the standard photos along with her journalism approach capturing moments that many of us missed.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Lucie · Married on 10/08/2011

My photos were beautiful, and Rachel was great to work with. She provided us with great portraits, as well as candids that captured the entire day. I would definitely recomend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2011

Krista · Married on 08/20/2011

Rachel was more than accommodating to work with. Her professionalism was superb, but far from overbearing. The comments on our photos have been nothing but positive. Many people did not even see Rachel or her staff, but photos were taken of them. Rachel did exactly what we wanted from her, and was able to offer suggestions or ideas where we were lacking. She was never in the way. She was very flexible and easy to work with. I would (and have) highly recommended Rachel to family and friends. Her prices were very fair and reasonable!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Kristen · Married on 07/23/2011

Rachel was an excellent photographer. Not only were her pictures beautiful but she was a pleasure to work with. I didn't notice her at all during the wedding but after receiving the prints I see that she was everywhere and got a variety of pictures of the venue, our family and friends and of the bridal party. She was extremely flexible and easy going, and she always responded to me promptly. Because of her, photography was not something I worried about at all on our wedding day. Her price is extremely reasonable and she gave us all of the pictures within 3 days of the wedding on JPEG and in raw format. I have already recommended her to other people in the area.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/02/2011

We can not recommend Rachel highly enough. She was everything we could have asked for in a photographer! She was so discreet you barely knew she was there, but she managed to capture all the best moments perfectly. We loved her style and the photos are all fantastic - publishable magazine quality! She is very on task and attentive. She was also very flexible: My husband and I rode off on a tandem after our ceremony - and Rachel even jumped in her car and got some great shots of us on the road!

Sent on 07/22/2011

Laura · Married on 06/19/2011

Rachel was so easy to work with!
    She came to see our venue prior to the wedding and really listened to what we wanted, and helped us decide the best places to take our posed photos.
    My husband and I don't normally like to have our photos taken, but even during our posed shots Rachel helped us to relax, feel good, and enjoy the moment.
    And because she listened to what we wanted, we now have a stunning collection of both posed photos and candids of us with all our friends and family.
    I highly recommend Rachel Philipson!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Robin · Married on 03/26/2010

Rachel is so warm, friendly and accommodating. She took over 400 wedding pictures! I loved that so many of my favorite photos were the ones where I didn't even know she was taking pictures! She was great at taking posed shots, too. She has a unique/cool vision where she captures images at different angles. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend her to anyone needing a wedding photographer!

Sent on 07/23/2011

Carlyn · Married on 07/31/2009

Rachel took wonderful photos, catching many moments that I (the bride) would have otherwise missed entirely. She was unobtrusive and as a result was able to capture some great candids. Our ceremony was at an inn, and the space awkward and small to get around, but she managed to capture all the rights parts. She took the standard color shots of the wedding party, family, etc., but her black & white photos were more memorable.

Sent on 07/24/2011

Aimee · Married on 07/31/2009

I could not speak more highly of Rachel. She made my wedding day so perfect. Her photojournalistic style captured the mood and essence of the day and evening incredibly. Thanks to her the memories will last forever!

Sent on 09/09/2011

Shanna · Married on 10/11/2008

My husband and I used Rachel for our engagement photos and loved them so much, we booked her for our wedding. The photos she took we so amazing!!! We love how she was able to capture our personalities in the pictures and truely show how in love and happy we are. We are addicted to her photos. When our son was born, she also took his pictures for newborn, 3 month, 6 month, and 18 month. You will not be disappointed with Rachel.

Sent on 08/30/2011

Tim · Married on 04/30/2005

Rachel did an amazing job photographing our wedding. The pictures are fantastic and my wife and I are glad we had her at our wedding to capture the memories we will cherish forever. Not only were the posed group shots great but all the candid family and friend's pictures before and after the ceremony were just as special. Rachel's calm demeanor and willingness to do whatever we requested/needed was a huge help on what always is a hectic day for us. Thanks Rach!

Sent on 08/07/2011

Matt · Married on 08/17/2003

Rachel Philipson is an incredibly talented photographer and and absolute pleasure to deal with. She is the only person I will use for important events.

Sent on 03/03/2013

Kathryn · Married on 08/17/2002

Rachel is incredibly professional and delivers a wonderful creative flair. She is non-obtrusive but still captures all the key moments. I enjoyed working with Rachel and would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Lindsey · Married on 10/11/2014

There were a # of photographers I found when looking in Ithaca. I found each one of them over-priced and a bit aggressive.

Rachel was incredible to work with. Not only does she take amazing photos, but she was very responsive and flexible on the day of my wedding. She was so easy to work with, and had my photos to me on Monday after the wedding - which is unheard of!

I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Billy · Married on 04/21/2012

Rachel was a joy to work with. In regards to her design of our Save the Date, Invitations, Program and other products she listened to what we wanted, and then came to us with several different options - each option was better than the rest! She was knowledgeable of multiple vendors that both saved us money, while not sacrificing quality. Example - our small "Playbill" themed program was estimated at several different printers to cost around $800. She found a printer that did an amazing job that only cost us $250. It was amazing.

Her photography work was stunning. We wanted to have all the pictures, but without it seeming intrusive. I've been to so many weddings where the photographer is stealing focus from the service. Almost like they are papparazzi. I've also had the same luck to see the photos from those weddings, and Rachel was able to capture the same shots without the intrusion. They were also better. I can't recommend Rachel Philipson Photography and Design enough. I will surely hire her to do our family photos, and much more.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Jill · Married on 09/22/2012

Rachel was fantastic! She takes gorgeous pictures and i loved how candid a lot of my shots were!! She is very flexible and very reasonably priced for what you get

Sent on 10/08/2012