43 Reviews for Rachel Philipson Photography & Design

Engagement Shoot (1)
High-Res Images (1)
Digital Files (1)
42 Rachel Philipson Photography & Design Reviews

Rachel has been absolutely amazing to work with! My fiance and I contacted her about shooting our wedding a few months ago, and she was extremely responsive, professional, and friendly. We just did our complementary engagement photo session with her last week and it couldn't have been better. We were both a little nervous as neither of us feels super comfortable posing in front of the camera, but Rachel made us feel so comfortable and at ease. The pictures turned out better than I could have ever hoped for, and she had digital proofs to us the very next day and the high definition photos to us within the week. I also think her rates are extremely reasonable, especially given her high quality of work. We went with her "medium" package but added on rehearsal dinner coverage for an extra fee. We can't wait to work with Rachel for our wedding! I would highly recommend her to any couples in the finger lakes region.

Profile Picture Haley, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel did our engagement and our wedding photos. We had a small simple wedding and Rachel captured so many great moments from the ceremony to the reception. During our wedding photos she handled our large group shots so well and made everyone feel relaxed. It was the fastest my family has taken a good picture in years! Our couple photos are so sweet Rachel is so good at capturing little expressions and glances so that you really see our relationship come out in the pictures.

Profile Picture Ruth, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

The very first thing my wife and I did when we began our wedding planning was look at each other and say, "Rachel should be our photographer." We had experience with her photos from other events we've attended. Rachel is a consummate professional. We selected a package that included two photographers for six hours and it came with a complimentary engagement shoot. Rachel could not have been more accommodating, pleasant, and professional. All of her communication was prompt, clear, and helpful. ...and we had our photos, on a thumb drive, in less than a week!!! We couldn't be happier with the photos we received. If you select Rachel as your wedding photographer you will be delighted with the results. We certainly are!

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/6/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Finding Rachel felt like a complete cash-in of lifelong good karma. The high quality of her work comes from a thoughtful immersion into her client on what they want.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was amazing! My wife and I discussed after the wedding that having Rachel as our photographer was one of our best wedding decisions! Not only did our pictures turn out beautifully - but she was incredibly easy to work with from beginning to end.

Profile Picture User7243305, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I could not possibly be happier with both my interactions with Rachel and the utterly gorgeous photos she took of our wedding. Rachel is a quiet, calm, poised and unobtrusive presence and you cannot underestimate how incredibly valuable that is on your wedding day. She takes photos so quickly, efficiently and artfully. The photos she took of our wedding were nothing short of perfect. Portraits, ceremony, décor, candid shots--she took both very classic shots as well as artistic, interesting, different kinds of shots as well. The icing on the proverbial (wedding) cake: Rachel sent me our photos--organized, edited and posted online--less than 48 hours after the wedding!!! She is wonderful and I look forward to recommending her to all my friends getting married in Ithaca.

Profile Picture Adelaide , 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We cannot recommend Rachel enough as the perfect wedding photographer. She was a pleasure to work with throughout planning and the wedding day. She was organized, efficient, attentive and most importantly took the most beautiful photos of our special day. She promptly sent us the photos upon return from our honeymoon as arranged. Rachel perfectly captured our friends and family as well as the ceremony (although we didn't even notice her taking the photos because she was so discreet!). We continue to look at the gorgeous pictures which remind us of the joy on that day.
We highly recommend working with Rachel if you want to treasure your wedding moments long after it is over.

Profile Picture User7113531, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was great to work with and took beautiful photographs in a quick and unobtrubisive way on our wedding day. We are very satisfied and would highly recommend Rachel to anyone for their wedding.

Profile Picture User7132070, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was excellent! I'm so glad we were able to work with her for our wedding. Besides being responsive, accommodating, and professional, she is also kind, friendly, and genuinely excited to be there on your big day. Rachel was very detail-oriented, organized, and made sure to photograph the certain parts of the day that I had specified.
On our wedding day, she was at the church before the wedding party, getting photos of the setup, architecture, and landscape. For the rest of the ceremony and reception, she discretely captured wonderful candids, thoughtful details, and helped stage beautiful formal shots. I am so happy to have Rachel's photos to remember our special day.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

You'll have the opportunity to interview with Rachel before your event and after that's complete, you can be completely confident that she listened to you and paid attention to your ideas. She will be mentally creating the images of your day before she gets behind the camera!
You can truly trust her, relax and have a wonderful celebration knowing that she is there to capture all your unique moments for you!! She is an amazingly talented artist!

Profile Picture sharman, 2/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great documentary style photography. You'll recieve candid and natural expressions as part of interactions between people! If you want posed photos, know what you want and be able to set these up yourself.

Profile Picture User6166209, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough good things about Rachel, both personally and professionally. She was the perfect photographer for our intimate wedding in Ithaca. Before the wedding, she was quick to respond over email and made arranging everything super easy. During the ceremony, she took very discreet photos that still captured the essence of our little garden ceremony, and afterwards, she had a lot of wonderful and creative suggestions for family pictures as well as pictures of just us. She's also just an incredibly nice person and a pleasure to have at the wedding! When we got home from our honeymoon, she had already sent us a thumb drive of pictures and an online gallery, and when we opened them up we were absolutely thrilled. I highly recommend Rachel and wish I could add extra stars!! :)

Profile Picture Anne, 9/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was the perfect photographer for our big day! She was easy going and very helpful in working with us to capture the perfect moments! We appreciated her good communication throughout the process and quick turnaround in getting our photographs edited and ready to view!

Profile Picture Naomi, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was an AMAZING photographer, I simply can't recommend her highly enough! Every part of the process of working with her was fun and stress-free, and she was very easy to communicate with and super nice. On the day of our wedding she was an absolute pro. She took our formal pictures quickly when we were running slightly late, and they all came out perfectly. She got shots of all the little bits of decor that people had worked hard on, without missing a single thing. I hardly even noticed her taking photos during most of the reception, but she got so many awesome candid photos of everyone. We have great pictures of every single person who was at the wedding. She also remembered a couple of photo requests we had made earlier and then forgotten about, and made sure that everything happened when it was supposed to. She sent us the finished photos only a few days after the wedding, which is incredibly fast and was much appreciated! We have hundreds of absolutely beautiful photos of our wedding, and I truly could not be happier with them.

Profile Picture User4389876, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Rachel’s website portfolio is an accurate reflection of her work: beautiful, candid, and natural, which is exactly what we were looking for. Although we did take some portraits after the ceremony, we were able to be ourselves—no awkward or unnatural posing. She would have been game for anything, though. Rachel beautifully captured the essence of our wedding day and of us as a couple. She was the opposite of “in your face,” yet she caught some great moments that we didn’t even realize she was watching!

Rachel was professional and responsive from the very beginning via phone and e-mail. Her prices are competitive, and she was able to modify the number of hours in a package to fit our needs. Rachel met us at the venue several months prior to the wedding to meet us and see the campus (we got married at our college). At that point, we were told to expect the digital proofs to be ready about week after the wedding. However, since she knew we were moving abroad within a week, Rachel had the online gallery ready and the digital proofs in the mail in two days! Rachel was a pleasure to work with, and I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel took all of our wedding photos this past weekend, and she was an absolute pleasure to work with! After not finding a photographer that my husband and I clicked with, I was beginning to despair of ever booking someone! But after talking to Rachel and meeting with her, I knew she would be wonderful. She was so responsive, well-priced, flexible, and listened to (and understood!) the exact vibe that we were going for with our wedding. Our wedding day dawned after a huge freak storm knocked out the power to the entire city of Oneonta, but Rachel was a calming force and got everyone to enjoy taking photos despite the insanity that was happening all around us.

The photos themselves are just breathtaking. People keep telling me they look like something out of a catalogue and I couldn't agree more! Rachel has an eye for portraits, and her candid photography blew me away (especially the black and white photos!). Going through the pictures afterwards, I was shocked at all of the amazing, subtle moments she captured during the reception! She also got us our photos in record time, and they came in the most lovely box on a wooden flash drive. I honestly can't recommend Rachel enough! I would book her again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Dakota, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was so professional. She captured so many moments when we didn't even know she was there. There were so many great photos it was really hard to choose which ones to print and give to family and friends. Rachel is really nice and easy to work with. Very responsive too. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User5269774, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Rachel is so awesome! We so appreciated that she was able to get all the posed shots we wanted quickly, so we could just enjoy our wedding day. She is the perfect photographer if you don't want someone perfectly sculpting every picture (i.e.- "bridesmaid two, move your arm two inches to the left"), and just want to capture natural interactions. We were so happy with the way the pictures came out! Her candids are the best, and totally captured our reception (particularly the dancing). My husband and I commented that most of the time we had no idea she was taking candids, really allowing people to have fun and not be self conscious of the camera. She is super flexible and incredibly responsive to emails (at the last minute we thought we'd have to move all pictures indoors, and she quickly responded with new locations), and got our pictures back to us so quickly!! We highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture User3824508, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Rachel is more than an excellent wedding photographer at a great price. She is what my husband now refers to as a Photography Ninja. She is agile, mindful,camera savvy, prepared and has a zen like calm when things tend to get a little hectic- it is a wedding after all. We were lucky enough to have her for 8 hours on the day of our intimate wedding. She came dressed professionally in All black (much like a ninja) and ready to work. From the moment arrived at the venue, she was respectful and hardworking. She skillfully snapped wonderful candid photos that best represent her Photo Journalistic Stance. If you want a photographer that will not miss all the small details most brides stress over- then Rachel is definitely the photographer for you. I had alot of DIY projects that I worked tirelessly on, and now I have them all captured in photography. Rachel has a really good eye for portraiture. I took a risk in getting my dress a little dirty on my rainy wedding day but sitting in a field, by walking on a tree lined dirt path, and that's something I wouldn't do without complete faith in the vision of the photographer and it paid out in a major way. Rachel is kind and easy going and a pleasure to work with. She also makes for wonderful conversation as if she was an old friend. Rachel also was very quick with the turn around. Just 3 days after my ceremony she had the images completely edited and uploaded on the online gallery, 2 Days later (5 days after my wedding) I recieved my delightfully elegant USB drive carefully packaged and shipped via Priority Mail. I was shocked and suprised at the quality (AND QUANTITY) of beautiful images she was able to capture. Many- were taken without anyone's knowledge, and perfectly capture the moment. - If I could do it over again- would I book her again? YES! In a heart beat, Thanks to Rachel's Photography I can relive my wedding day over and over again.

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was the perfect photographer for our wedding. She was very responsive and willing to do whatever we wanted to do. She would respond to questions within a day and had our edited pictures to us within a few days after the wedding (she said she doesn't like to let things sit). The quality of her photos was excellent and we were drawn to her for her photojournalist style, which did not disappoint. We have amazing pictures of us and our guests and the day was captured perfectly. She is laid back and was not intrusive at all, yet managed to get many great shots. Also,it was a wonderful surprise to receive the USB port with all of our pictures, which was a beautiful wooden design in a pretty blue, suede-lined box. It was perfect. Also, I highly recommend adding on the photo booth package. Our guests loved it and it was so much fun to have a few hours with a professional photographer to take goofy shots. The pictures were available for everyone to download after. We were very surprised by how reasonably priced Rachel was. She is very talented, but is affordable. We loved Rachel and would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was the perfect photographer! Not only she get incredible shots of us, our wedding party, and our guests, she didn't force any of those shots, but instead they were wonderfully candid. It allowed us to focus on the importance of the day and our guests rather than being distracted by a lot of forced portraits.

Profile Picture Ben, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't recommend Rachel Philipson highly enough. She was a joy to work with, very relaxed and calm and friendly. We had a few (15 minutes or so) posed shots right after the ceremony, and then she took candids from then on out. Both types of shots are just gorgeous - she captured everyone at their most relaxed and beautiful and happy. We literally have a beautiful and flattering photo of every single person at the reception, which is EXACTLY what we wanted, and there were some beautiful shots of the venue and the decor. When we look back at these pictures, they really just bring back the feeling of the whole day. She was so unobtrusive during the candids, but when we weren't entirely sure what to do during the posed shots, in the friendliest way possible she just prodded everyone efficiently into place. She is a professional through and through, from her extremely fast responses when I was first inquiring about her rates (extremely fairly priced for the quality, by the way!), her wonderful demeanor during the event, to the fact that she got all of the photos back to us within a week. Amazing!

Profile Picture Diana, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rachel was nothing but an absolute pleasure to work with. She was extremely flexible and accommodating. She captured certain moments I had specially requested, and at the same time I hardly knew she was there most of the night. She captures events as they truly take place, creating a fantastic documentation of a beloved occasion but not overdoing the posed or made up shots. Her candids from the ceremony and reception helped remind us of many moments from an otherwise whirlwind few hours that we would not have remembered. And she sent us the final pictures (both an online viewing gallery and CDs) in less than a week after the wedding! I can't recommend Rachel enough.

Profile Picture Katherine, 8/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Rachel to do our photography at our wedding, which we organized in only 3 weeks! Rachel was so helpful and enthusiastic, and so accommodating considering the exceptionally short lead-up time! She is a delight to work with. Her rate was extremely reasonable too! A the wedding, she was an absolute delight ... all our guests simply loved her, and she integrated into the wedding so seamlessly that nobody seemed to notice that she was snapping photos! And best of all, she returned the photos to us in less than ONE WEEK after the wedding, providing both full-resolution images and Facebook-quality ones. Her photos were stunning - we had asked for very natural, unposed images, and that's exactly what we got, with a few posed ones when asked. She has a fantastic eye for what makes a visually stunning photo! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Profile Picture Paula, 7/28/13, 1 Review