Race & Religious Reviews

16 Reviews for Race & Religious

• Martineja

Martineja Coats · Getting married on 10/25/2020

Great Experience

I have nothing but a good experience working with R&R. Can't wait for our big day.

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Madysen

Madysen Lozier · Married on 01/02/2020

amazinggggg

If you're looking for a unique venue, Race & Religious is your place! Our team works often with the girls over at R+R and we're so thankful for their great communication skills. The venue is breathtaking!

Sent on 04/01/2020

Susan · Married on 11/02/2018

Favorite Wedding Venue

The best decision we made during our wedding planning was booking Race + Religious as our venue. I loved it from the pictures but the first time I did a venue tour on site, I fell in love. We are from out of town and that venue was what solidified having our wedding in fabulous New Orleans. The property is stunning and everything I was looking for in a venue. Our guests still talk about how beautiful and unique the place was. Aside from the property itself, the girls at R+R were unbelievable. They were so helpful with any question we had leading up to the wedding and even gave us ideas about where we could have our party the night before the wedding. They truly went above and beyond and I am so appreciative of it. The pictures of this venue speak for itself but I can definitely say that booking this venue ensured that my wedding was absolutely everything I could have ever dreamed it would be.

Sent on 09/15/2019

Juliet · Married on 03/09/2018

We couldn't really imagine our wedding taking place anywhere else after such a magical night! It was so fun to be able to have our dog with us (pretty rare to find among New Orleans venues), and to spend the night there. It also is nice to be able to get ready there all day, and not have to go back and forth from a hotel room. We added some outdoor string lighting which was definitely worth it. The amount of chairs and tables already included with the venue worked well for us (about 140 guests). So happy we chose R&R! It's such a beautiful space!

Sent on 04/02/2018

anna · Married on 05/30/2015

Race & Religious is the most magical place ever. We fell in love with the photos and booked it sight unseen. In person, it was even more spectacular. The criteria for our wedding was that we wanted an event that would be relaxed, fun, and memorable. R&R helped us achieve that goal. The layout allows people to relax indoors or out and you have no time limit on the revelry. The venue is like a time capsule and our guests loved exploring the houses. At some point in the evening, when it got too hot and people were beginning to fade, we all jumped into the pool to get reinvigorated! Sarah, Rikki, and the rest of the staff are wonderful to work with and extremely helpful. I like to think that the many people who came up to us to tell us how our wedding was the mot enjoyable one they had been to were judging it based on our hard work, but I think that the venue played a huge role in their sentiments!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Deirdre · Married on 03/22/2015

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this venue - Race & Religious is amazing. It is so hard to describe Race & Religious...you really just have to see it. We booked R&R just by reading reviews & looking at pictures online - since we live in Washington, DC & our wedding was in New Orleans. We knew we wanted to have a destination wedding, but hadn't decided on a specific spot – when I saw pictures of R&R - I told my now husband – I’ve found the venue & the destination, we have to book this spot! The venue is truly amazing – and I can’t imagine having gotten married anywhere else. We had our ceremony & reception at the venue & we booked for 24 hours (although I would have loved to have booked it for 48 hours if we had booked early enough!). One of the coolest parts about the venue is that you & your guests can roam around in all of the extremely eclectic rooms. There are 2 main houses - the guys got ready in one, and the ladies in another & it was absolutely perfect. Every piece of this property is unique…and you can save on some decorations – because the venue really doesn’t need many – it is so beautiful as is. We did opt for the lighting package they offer (I would 100% recommend – makes everything look that much better (if that is even possible!)). It is such a special place – all of our guests fell in love with it. The property managers are great – and so helpful! We had about 115/120 guests – and it was perfect for this size (I think it would be great for up to 250 guests or so…SO much space to adventure & roam). If you are trying to decide on a venue, and R&R is in the running – book it! You won’t regret it – it is such an amazing place, so romantic and beautiful – you won’t find anything else like it! Truly amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Not only was the venue beyond photogenic, it was memorable and enjoyable for our guests. We did a casual buffet style dinner, which encouraged guests to explore the property and I'm so glad we did. Everyone fell in love with the property immediately. So many friend and family are still talking about the decor, architecture and charm of the venue. If you're on the fence: book it NOW before someone else does. Race + Religious is spacious, inspired and absolutely stunning.

Sent on 12/27/2013

LISA · Married on 10/22/2013

Simply stated, Race & Religious set the tone of our wedding. It's history and beauty spoke for itself in our photographs. Every single moment was like a dream...and I feel like I can't wake up because the dream continues in the photos! Here's to not waking up!

The property manager, Sarah, made every interaction a pure pleasure.

Many thanks to the owner(s) for their vision in creating this wonderful place!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Jenny · Married on 10/06/2013

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. You can save a lot of money on decor by just utilizing the organic space, they have done a great job at keeping the venue looking pristine. The staff is really what made our wedding experience special. We thought it was going to rain, so ordered last minute tents. It turned out that the weather shifted, but it was a Sunday, and no one was willing to take the tents down before the ceremony. The girls at the venue made it happen for me! They went above and beyond to get it done. There was nothing I could have asked for that couldnt be achieved. I highly recommend using the staff there to help facilitate your wedding (Mint Julep Productions). The space was clean, in order, bathrooms were nice, and a security guard was provided, just in case.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Valerie · Married on 06/15/2013

So let me start from the beginning - we are from Brooklyn and knew we wanted to get married in New Orleans. We went down to NOLA to pick our venue and Race & Religious was the first place we saw. We were blown away. The property is, in a word, breathtaking. Every other location was ruined for me, I did not even pay attention when we visited other venues. Seriously - the pictures do not do it justice. Each room has amazing rugs, art, furniture, curtains and decorations. Not to mention the courtyard - it is PERFECT! We got their availability and booked the next day, basically planning our wedding date around when the venue was available - that’s how badly we wanted the place. Every single guest at our wedding commented on how beautiful and unique the property is. It is the most perfect venue ever. We had the ceremony at 6 so the guests would be able to see the venue in the day and night time, and we rented for 24 hours so that there was no end time to the party. It was everything I could have ever wanted. Each room is so unique and guests had an amazing time exploring the property. Added bonuses about Race and Religious - -you can provide your own bar - which was a huge plus for us; -you can pick your own caterers, they do not force their “preferred vendors” down your throat; -there is ample space for the bride and the groom to get ready there separately, without seeing each other prior to the wedding (huge plus for the photographer too); -you can rent for the night or the weekend - so the party does not need to end at 11 pm. At 11pm, when the DJ left, we threw in the ipod and continued the party till 3 am when people finally passed out... Working with Brooke, Liz and Sara was a breeze. The girls were lovely, polite and returned calls promptly, in fact, they jumped in the night of the ceremony and helped out, which was totally outside of their job description, and was a huge help to us! The venue is divine and if it’s available - I would recommend Race and Religious t

Sent on 07/14/2013

Sherry · Married on 06/08/2013

Our guests cannot stop talking about our ceremony and reception at Race & Religious, and neither can we! There is simply no other place like it. It is like stepping through a time warp to the beauty and splendor of old New Orleans. Every room in the two homes and the slave quarters is impeccably furnished with period pieces and artwork from around the world, and your guests are free to explore it all. The only hiccup we had was getting a response for the original booking, which took a couple of weeks, but they have since corrected the issue. Our communications with R&R over the past several months prior to our wedding were very responsive and prompt. It books up quickly and deservedly so, but it is worth the wait. It is THAT special! Thanks R&R for the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Race & Religious's reply:

Thanks Sherry!!! We loved having y'all!!

3.5

The single most fabulous events venue in New Orleans. Hands down.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Heather · Married on 01/04/2014

This venue is truly incredible!

My husband and I live in Los Angeles but had our hearts set on getting married in New Orleans (we travel for work and one of favorite cities in the world is New Orleans). Planning a wedding remotely sure isn't easy but Sarah and Brooke at Race and Religious really made the process very easy. They were so kind and professional it really took the stress out of the whole process.

The mansion itself is unbelievably beautiful and unique, pictures truly don't do its magic justice. Every one of our guests commented on how incredible it was. And it was such a joy to see all of our family and friends so comfortable exploring and really having a blast in such a magical setting that truly felt like our own.

New Orleans itself is a pretty special place. So for a venue to stand out in this city the way Race and Religious does I think it says a lot. And if you're looking in the area for something really unique that will allow you a great deal of freedom to be creative and really make the place your own for your day then Race and Religious is somewhere I would certainly recommend.

Sent on 01/13/2014

LINDSEY · Married on 07/30/2016

THE VENUE IS ABSOLUTELY A STAR. You will not find another venue this beautiful. Everything was just so spectacular and you require very little décor. The Sonos sound system works well just be sure you are familiar with it before the big day. I only wish more chairs came with the venue and that some outdoor lighting was already installed.

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/19/2016

3.5

Race and Religious is obviously a very magical and beautiful venue. My guests and I had an amazing night, dancing eating and drinking. That being said looking back on the wedding night there are some things about it that rub me the wrong way. Our venue representative on the day of the wedding was not as sweet and helpful as all the other ladies I had met through out the choosing process. I had been told on evert site visit that there is a sound system and it is easy peasy and all you do is plug in your iPhone and you've got an instant DJ. There were no working speakers in the back house or back courtyard the day of my wedding, and our venue reps only response was "oh well the guests last night must have broken it..." Then I come to find that half of my guests missed the cake cutting because the front courtyard speakers could not be heard in the back. Once we got our dance party started the sound system skipped 90% of the songs on our playlist one or two minutes into the song. Later talking to the security guard he told me "at least its working at all, a lot of parties cant even turn it on." In the moment none of this really bothered me because we were having so much fun but now it bums me out a little.

Sent on 04/21/2016

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

Race & Religious is true gem. If you're looking for a magical backdrop to your special day then this is your place.

Sent on 12/27/2013