Rabbi Wendy Spears Reviews

Rabbi Wendy Spears 2
  • Karen

Karen I Nernberg · Married on 08/19/2018

Fabulous!

Rabbi Wendy was so helpful and so engaging. She walked my husband-to-be and I through the entire integrated wedding process and service with kindness and warmth. I would highly recommend Rabbi Wendy to anyone requiring a reformed Rabbi as an officiant. She is a wonderful woman and person!

Rabbi Wendy Spears 3
    Rabbi Wendy Spears 4

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

Rabbi Wendy was very supportive through the whole wedding process. We are an interacial and interfaith couple, so it was challenging finding a rabbi. Luckily ,Rabbi Wendy has a lot of experience working with similar couples. As soon as we met her, we knew that we wanted to book her. We met with her twice in person to not only talked about the wedding ceremony but also about how to navigate the challenges in marriage. She helped us through the process of selecting and ordering a ketubah. The ketubah signing and wedding ceremony were beautiful, meaningful, and special. Rabbi Wendy did a wonderful job officiating and explaining the Jewish elements. We are happy she was part of our big day!

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

Rabbi Wendy officiated our wedding, which was an interfaith ceremony (my husband was raised Jewish, I was not raised with any specific religion but had exposure to many different religions via my friends). I was very impressed with Rabbi Wendy's dedication - she truly cared about getting to know my husband and I and served as a pre-marital counselor of sorts. We were asked to read the book "A New Jewish Wedding" and "The Hard Questions", which got us to talk about life, work, finances, kids, etc. prior to the big day. The ceremony was flawless and she was very good at explaining to my side of the family what was happening and keeping the ceremony short, sweet, and not overly religious so as to not overwhelm my side of the family. We got great feedback from both sides of the family that they enjoyed the ceremony very much.

Jen · Married on 04/02/2016

Rabbi Wendy Spears officiated our wedding ceremony. We selected her as she focuses on interfaith weddings, and as I recently converted to Judaism, we wanted a rabbi who could bridge the gap between my Christian family and my husband's Jewish family during the ceremony. Rabbi Wendy was quick and efficient on phone and email. She met with us several times to get to know us and conduct a few marriage counseling activities, such as thinking about marriage, family, values, etc. It was a great opportunity for my husband and I to share our feelings and experiences. The ceremony itself was beautiful, but less personal that we had hoped for. She has a beautiful singing voice, and she spoke in both Hebrew and English as we planned. We highly recommend Rabbi Wendy to anyone looking for a rabbi!

I can't express enough enough happiness about Rabbi Wendy officiating at our wedding last Sunday! She was so warm, so welcoming to everyone present (whether Jewish or not), and so adept at guiding us through a truly meaningful, joyous ceremony, making the significance of every element utterly clear. She helped us create an entirely heartfelt ritual that transformed us from two individuals into an even more deeply loving and committed family core. Our finding her feels almost as bashert as our finding each other....almost. :)

Not only we were both deeply moved, but I have rarely seen my mother so completely happy!

Shara · Married on 09/20/2014

Rabbi Wendy Spears was great! We are so happy she was part of our special day. She also was a huge help leading up to the wedding and spent a lot of time with us helping to make sure our ceremony was special and unique to both my now husband (who is not Jewish) and myself. The ceremony was beautiful and we had so many wonderful comments from family and friend. I highly recommend Rabbi Wendy for your Jewish or interfaith wedding ceremony.

Michael · Married on 06/28/2014

Rabbi Spears was an absolute pleasure from our first meeting onwards. She was so warm and welcoming, both my husband and I truly looked forward to our per-marital sessions with her and learned so much about the commitment we were going to make as well as what it means to be married in the Jewish faith. Rabbi Spears was so accommodating and helpful we could not have managed without her. We highly recommend her to anyone looking for a beautiful and meaningful Jewish ceremony.

Bristol · Married on 06/07/2014

Rabbi Wendy was wonderful to work with. She made sure that my husband and I were prepared for the significant commitment of getting married! Her services extend far beyond preparing the words and procedures of the ceremony - she spent several hours sitting with us in her home, counseling us through important decisions, life questions, and facilitating a discussion about how our Jewish and Catholic faiths will be represented, respected and preserved not only in our wedding, but in our future family. She made sure that we thought through everything - from the important choices (like what tone we would use when writing our vows) to the little details (like spelling names correctly on the Jewish Ketubah). She represented both faiths well and was very respectful of my husband's Catholic needs and questions. In the end, we had a very beautiful and spiritually-elevated ceremony, where our family and close friends were incorporated as a part of our new family circle.

Jonathan · Married on 05/19/2013

We adored our wedding. Rabbi Wendy made the ceremony was so moving, personal, loving, and beautiful. We can’t thank her enough for making it so. Her warmth and caring shined through. We received so many compliments from friends saying the ceremony was the most special and personal they had ever attended, and there was not a dry eye in the house. To us Rabbi Wendy helped make it the most special day in our lives. We are so grateful for all the time and special attention Rabbi Wendy gave us preparing for our wedding day. She helped us make the ceremony meaningful and very personal. We feel a kinship and love for her, and are forever grateful that it was her who helped launch this marriage.

Conor · Married on 10/13/2012

After meeting with countless Rabbis, we were so fortunate and happy to find ourselves in the home of Rabbi Wendy. It was important to us to take the time to prepare for the ceremony in just the same we were preparing for our reception. Rabbi Wendy was the quintessential component in doing so. She helped us build a ceremony that truly reflected our love for each other and the commitment we were making to one another. It was unique, it was special, it was us. Numerous guests commented that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever witnessed. We continue to receive comments about just how memorable and stunning the ceremony was. We could not have been more pleased with Rabbi Wendy's professionalism, execution and sincerity in her excitement for us on our wedding. Thank you for making our wedding the most amazing day of our lives.

Danielle · Married on 09/02/2012

Rabbi Wendy Spears is amazing! I was really looking for a Rabbi that would be comfortable to marry an interfaith couple. When my husband and I met her, we knew she was the right one for us. She is very comfortable to talk to and was so helpful throughout the whole process. She listened to the things we wanted in our ceremony and she encouraged us to personalize aspects of the ceremony and be as creative as we wanted. Because it was an interfaith wedding, she explained the significance of each part of the ceremony for our non-Jewish guests, which was very nice. She also walked us through all the logistics of getting a marriage license, finding a ketubah, etc. She also has a beautiful voice, and when she sang during the ceremony it sounded wonderful. A lot of my guests said they loved the ceremony and I couldn't have done it without Rabbi Wendy. She's amazing!!!

Linda · Married on 05/26/2012

We could not have asked for a better experience with Rabbi Spears and would wholeheartedly recommend her to friends and family. We felt an instant connection with Rabbi Spears. She was personable, warm, with a wonderful sense of humor. We especially appreciated how she really listened...she was genuinely interested in learning about our relationship, our family histories, our day-to-day, and what brings meaning into our lives. She worked with us to ensure our wedding ceremony reflected the values unique to my husband and I - that it was "our" wedding, which we greatly appreciated. She also had wonderful advice for us as a couple and made embracing the Jewish culture and traditions meaningful and fun. Our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony - her explanations of the traditions - her warmth - her openness - and her big smile. We look forward to hopefully celebrating many more happy occasions with Rabbi Spears - we hope she'll save the date for our first baby naming :)

SCOTT · Married on 05/20/2012

Rabbi Wendy hit a home run. Her ceremony delivery was spot on! She even made my Dad cry! I consider Rabbi Wendy my friend and would not hesitate to use her again.

Elliott · Married on 05/05/2012

Rabbi Wendy married my wife and I last weekend. At first we were just looking for someone that would officiate our mixed marriage and we weren't so choosy, we just needed someone for our fast-upcoming wedding day. But as it turns out, we couldn't have found a more perfect Rabbi/officiant. Rabbi Wendy was incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and patient. And, moreover, she was fun to plan with and learn from. We got MANY compliments from our guests -- Jews and non-Jews alike -- on her service, her singing, her personality, etc. We would recommend Rabbi Wendy to anyone, without reservation.

Justin · Married on 10/22/2011

Rabbi Wendy was all around amazing. We had interviewed 3 other rabbis before meeting her. Upon our first meeting, we instantly felt a connection with Rabbi Wendy. She resonates on another level... a level in which we also resonate and where others fell short. Our decision was made quickly and we were happy we did so. She was very kind, caring, understanding, and patient with us. We wanted a ceremony more rooted in tradition and culture rather than religion. She understood that and helped us to plan our ceremony around what was important to us. And on the day, she led a beautiful ceremony that was enjoyed by all. She took her time to explain everything so that those not as familiar with the Jewish traditions could understand and follow along. We had an amazing wedding and give Rabbi Wendy our strong recommendation! Justin and Mary

Beth · Married on 08/20/2011

Rabbi Wendy Spears is AMAZING!!!!! It was everything I dreamed of. Even though I am not jewish, she made it very special for me and my side of the family. Rabbi wendy is patient, organized and is on top of it. All I can say is that both sides of the family were extremely happy with the ceremony.
    Your ROCK Rabbi Wendy. Thank You for all that you did for us.

Andrea · Married on 08/06/2011

Rabbi Wendy was great! My husband and I loved her!

I was having trouble finding a Rabbi that would marry us before sunset on a Saturday, and just when I thought I'd lost all hope my mom's friend gave me Rabbi Wendy's information. Rabbi Wendy was awesome. We only had to meet with her twice, and even in those two sessions I felt she got to know us. She was great with communication and she made our wedding day so special!

Thanks Rabbi Wendy!

:)Andrea and Blake

Kim · Married on 08/05/2011

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Rabbi Wendy is! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we found ourselves searching for a Rabbi just a month before our wedding. Rabbi Wendy was recommended by three independent sources, and she exceeded all our expectations and helped us have a fabulous wedding!! She is extremely knowledgeable and professional, and she organized the entire ceremony. At the same time she encouraged us to personalize aspects of the ceremony and be as creative as we wanted. She also walked us through all the logistics of getting a marriage license, finding a ketubah, etc. I immediately felt at ease knowing that I would have a beautiful and meaningful ceremony. We had an interfaith wedding and Rabbi Wendy explained the significance of each part of the ceremony for our non-Jewish guests (and some Jewish guests who liked the refresher!). Our guests found this very helpful. Rabbi Wendy is incredibly warm, personable and exudes a calm, positive energy. We connected and felt comfortable with her from our first meeting. She is also genuine, respectful, supportive, punctual, easy to get in touch with, and she obviously loves connecting with people and conducting wedding ceremonies. I highly recommend her!!!

Alana · Married on 07/24/2011

We were looking for a Rabbi who would encapsulate our family traditions and our modern spiritual beliefs, who would become our friend and speak from the heart, knowing who we were at our ceremony.
    Rabbi Wendy far exceeded herself in every capacity. We feel blessed to have been guided into our marriage by such a wonderful person.

Avon · Married on 06/26/2011

Rabbi Wendy was amazing. She made my non-Jewish family feel so comfortable with the ceremony. The service was beautiful and filled with love.

• O

Tamara · Married on 05/15/2011

Rabbi Wendy Spears was great! After much discussion with her over several meetings about how we wanted our ceremony, she was very amenable, and performed a beautiful service for us, exactly as we had envisioned.

She helped to make it a very personal and intimate experience, and made us feel VERY comfortable before, during, and after our ceremony. She even offered her tallit to me when I was shivering due to the cold weather. She made the ceremony interesting by explaining the significance of each ritual to our guests and her beautiful singing voice added an extra touch of elegance.

We heard nothing but positive comments from our guests about the beauty of the ceremony. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend her as a wedding officiant.

Samie · Married on 09/05/2010

Rabbi Wendy conducted the most wonderful ceremony! She helped our guests understand the Jewish traditions and feel a part of the ceremony. She offered sage words and guidance, always being there when we needed her. I would recommend her in a second! Thank you Rabbi Wendy!

Rose & Andrew · Married on 06/13/2010

We were extremely lucky to find someone like Rabbi Wendy Spears to officiate and counsel us through the religious aspect of our wedding. She is a great teacher and listener. Rabbi Spears did an amazing job preparing us for and explaining all the beautiful traditions of the Jewish wedding ceremony. Her great voice added a nice touch.

Another thing Rabbi Spears did for us that we are extremely grateful for was help me prepare and complete my conversion. It ended up being a great experience and I thank Rabbi Spears for that.

Niloofar · Married on 08/09/2009

We enjoyed our pre-nuptial meetings with Wendy, but on the actual day she outdid herself. She made it very personal and involving for everyone there. We very extremely pleased. She was a big part of the day's success, especially getting the sentiment right.