Rabbi Wendy Spears Reviews

Rabbi Wendy Spears 2
Rabbi Wendy Spears 3

Alexis Stephano · Married on 03/31/2019

Wonderful Rabbi for Wedding

Rabbi Wendy Spears did a wonderful job officiating our interfaith wedding. She was very helpful meeting us ahead of time in person and over phone to plan our special wedding ceremony.
    We loved Rabbi Spear's attention to detail and help planning our vows through texts and readings. Our family loved the wedding ceremony and shared they enjoyed spending time with the Rabbi during the reception. We would highly recommend Rabbi Spears to be part of a special event and wedding day!

Sent on 04/28/2019
    Rabbi Wendy Spears 4
  • Karen

Karen I Nernberg · Married on 08/19/2018

Fabulous!

Rabbi Wendy was so helpful and so engaging. She walked my husband-to-be and I through the entire integrated wedding process and service with kindness and warmth. I would highly recommend Rabbi Wendy to anyone requiring a reformed Rabbi as an officiant. She is a wonderful woman and person!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Rabbi Wendy Spears 5
    Rabbi Wendy Spears 6

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

Rabbi Wendy was very supportive through the whole wedding process. We are an interacial and interfaith couple, so it was challenging finding a rabbi. Luckily ,Rabbi Wendy has a lot of experience working with similar couples. As soon as we met her, we knew that we wanted to book her. We met with her twice in person to not only talked about the wedding ceremony but also about how to navigate the challenges in marriage. She helped us through the process of selecting and ordering a ketubah. The ketubah signing and wedding ceremony were beautiful, meaningful, and special. Rabbi Wendy did a wonderful job officiating and explaining the Jewish elements. We are happy she was part of our big day!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Dara · event on 11/11/2017

Rabbi Wendy officiated over my Grandma’s funeral. She was warm, engaging, and gave us just the service we wanted!! We could have asked for more!!
    Thank you Rabbi!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

Rabbi Wendy officiated our wedding, which was an interfaith ceremony (my husband was raised Jewish, I was not raised with any specific religion but had exposure to many different religions via my friends). I was very impressed with Rabbi Wendy's dedication - she truly cared about getting to know my husband and I and served as a pre-marital counselor of sorts. We were asked to read the book "A New Jewish Wedding" and "The Hard Questions", which got us to talk about life, work, finances, kids, etc. prior to the big day. The ceremony was flawless and she was very good at explaining to my side of the family what was happening and keeping the ceremony short, sweet, and not overly religious so as to not overwhelm my side of the family. We got great feedback from both sides of the family that they enjoyed the ceremony very much.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Ken · event on 11/13/2016

Dear Rabbi Wendy,
    I want to thank you for officiating a very warm and soulful memorial for my mother. Everyone felt the service honored my mom well. You wove the memories I shared with you into a Eulogy that really described the essence of my mom. You guided us through the prayers and songs which made us feel at peace. I can see why you became a Rabbi, as your caring nature allowed us to feel such a part of our mom during the memorial and the feelings of love, sadness and hope were felt.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Jen · Married on 04/02/2016

Rabbi Wendy Spears officiated our wedding ceremony. We selected her as she focuses on interfaith weddings, and as I recently converted to Judaism, we wanted a rabbi who could bridge the gap between my Christian family and my husband's Jewish family during the ceremony. Rabbi Wendy was quick and efficient on phone and email. She met with us several times to get to know us and conduct a few marriage counseling activities, such as thinking about marriage, family, values, etc. It was a great opportunity for my husband and I to share our feelings and experiences. The ceremony itself was beautiful, but less personal that we had hoped for. She has a beautiful singing voice, and she spoke in both Hebrew and English as we planned. We highly recommend Rabbi Wendy to anyone looking for a rabbi!

Sent on 05/02/2016
  • User6511233 · event on 03/21/2016

rabbi wendy spears was an intelligent, creative, inventive, thoughtful, humorous, talented and above all compassionate rabbi at a memorial service for our mother. the attendees and family to a person commented that it was among the best tributes and services they had ever attended.

Sent on 03/22/2016
  • User6409184 · event on 02/11/2016

Rabbi Spears performed my mothers memorial as if she knew my mom for many years. She was very professional, empathetic, and overall made the experience as joyful as it could be. She truly made the memorial a tribute to my moms life ! Rabbi Spears was open to suggestion and took good notes prior to the memorial.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Keith · event on 11/18/2015

My siblings and I met with Wendy and reminisced about our mom which was the foundation for Wendy's eulogy. That process was gratifying and special for us. Wendy's thoughtfully nuanced service was a blessing and delight.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Drina · event on 10/18/2015

– Rabbi Wendy gave us a copy of her eulogy after the service, which was a labor of love to put together, as she had never met Emmy during her lifetime. She was a comfort to my husband, who was grieving quite deeply the loss of his stepmother.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Mark · event on 10/11/2015

Rabbi Spears did a wonderful job for my father-in-law's (Dick's) funeral/memorial service. She met with the family and took as much time as we needed to share about Dick's life. She then captured all that information and wrote a beautiful, meaningful, transparent eulogy that really told his whole story, even his troubled beginnings. Warmth and tenderness was very present for all of us. The whole family felt it was a wonderful service, and mom thought it was more than she could have hoped for.

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • Y

Yardena · event on 10/07/2015

Rabbi Wendy Spears was available on very short notice to officiate my mother's funeral. I had previously observed her officiating my Great Aunt's funeral and already knew that she would do an excellent job. She makes a big effort to get to know who your loved one was before the funeral when she meets with you. She brings the right measure of celebration of life, praise and understanding of your loved ones' life, together with great respect and appreciation for the sadness and mourning you are experiencing. She is able to absorb and synthesize a lot of information from different sources when putting together the eulogy. You will want to keep a copy of her eulogy. Her knowledge of Judaism is deep and wide and she will educate you and answer your questions about Judiaic views and her views on death if you want that and teach the attendees at your event the purpose of various rituals/prayers. She does all this in a relatively short time. She will let you set the agenda for the speakers. She communicates by both email and telephone and is quick in her responses. I highly recommend Rabbi Spears and would love to utilize her services for a happier event. No doubt she would be great officiating a wedding.

Sent on 10/21/2015

I can't express enough enough happiness about Rabbi Wendy officiating at our wedding last Sunday! She was so warm, so welcoming to everyone present (whether Jewish or not), and so adept at guiding us through a truly meaningful, joyous ceremony, making the significance of every element utterly clear. She helped us create an entirely heartfelt ritual that transformed us from two individuals into an even more deeply loving and committed family core. Our finding her feels almost as bashert as our finding each other....almost. :)

Not only we were both deeply moved, but I have rarely seen my mother so completely happy!

Sent on 05/07/2015
  • F

Franklin · event on 12/07/2014

Rabbi Wendy Spears performed the funeral services for our father, and she was excellent. It was a more modern rather then traditional or orthodox service, all in English (our choice) other then a prayer in the chapel and the Kaddish at graveside. She met with the family a few days prior to the service to learn about our father, took copious notes, and rendered a wonderful description of Dad's life. She performed a song of our selection at the beginning, As Time Goes By, and another at grave side, We'll Meet Again. The songs were very pleasantly performed, and the mixing of modern and traditional element was extremely appropriate for out family. Rabbi Wendy's advice and guidance were invaluable in helping us organize and successfully achieve a memorable and fitting service for our beloved father.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Shara · Married on 09/20/2014

Rabbi Wendy Spears was great! We are so happy she was part of our special day. She also was a huge help leading up to the wedding and spent a lot of time with us helping to make sure our ceremony was special and unique to both my now husband (who is not Jewish) and myself. The ceremony was beautiful and we had so many wonderful comments from family and friend. I highly recommend Rabbi Wendy for your Jewish or interfaith wedding ceremony.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Michael · Married on 06/28/2014

Rabbi Spears was an absolute pleasure from our first meeting onwards. She was so warm and welcoming, both my husband and I truly looked forward to our per-marital sessions with her and learned so much about the commitment we were going to make as well as what it means to be married in the Jewish faith. Rabbi Spears was so accommodating and helpful we could not have managed without her. We highly recommend her to anyone looking for a beautiful and meaningful Jewish ceremony.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Bristol · Married on 06/07/2014

Rabbi Wendy was wonderful to work with. She made sure that my husband and I were prepared for the significant commitment of getting married! Her services extend far beyond preparing the words and procedures of the ceremony - she spent several hours sitting with us in her home, counseling us through important decisions, life questions, and facilitating a discussion about how our Jewish and Catholic faiths will be represented, respected and preserved not only in our wedding, but in our future family. She made sure that we thought through everything - from the important choices (like what tone we would use when writing our vows) to the little details (like spelling names correctly on the Jewish Ketubah). She represented both faiths well and was very respectful of my husband's Catholic needs and questions. In the end, we had a very beautiful and spiritually-elevated ceremony, where our family and close friends were incorporated as a part of our new family circle.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Jonathan · Married on 05/19/2013

We adored our wedding. Rabbi Wendy made the ceremony was so moving, personal, loving, and beautiful. We can’t thank her enough for making it so. Her warmth and caring shined through. We received so many compliments from friends saying the ceremony was the most special and personal they had ever attended, and there was not a dry eye in the house. To us Rabbi Wendy helped make it the most special day in our lives. We are so grateful for all the time and special attention Rabbi Wendy gave us preparing for our wedding day. She helped us make the ceremony meaningful and very personal. We feel a kinship and love for her, and are forever grateful that it was her who helped launch this marriage.

Sent on 05/26/2013

Conor · Married on 10/13/2012

After meeting with countless Rabbis, we were so fortunate and happy to find ourselves in the home of Rabbi Wendy. It was important to us to take the time to prepare for the ceremony in just the same we were preparing for our reception. Rabbi Wendy was the quintessential component in doing so. She helped us build a ceremony that truly reflected our love for each other and the commitment we were making to one another. It was unique, it was special, it was us. Numerous guests commented that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever witnessed. We continue to receive comments about just how memorable and stunning the ceremony was. We could not have been more pleased with Rabbi Wendy's professionalism, execution and sincerity in her excitement for us on our wedding. Thank you for making our wedding the most amazing day of our lives.

Sent on 12/07/2012

Danielle · Married on 09/02/2012

Rabbi Wendy Spears is amazing! I was really looking for a Rabbi that would be comfortable to marry an interfaith couple. When my husband and I met her, we knew she was the right one for us. She is very comfortable to talk to and was so helpful throughout the whole process. She listened to the things we wanted in our ceremony and she encouraged us to personalize aspects of the ceremony and be as creative as we wanted. Because it was an interfaith wedding, she explained the significance of each part of the ceremony for our non-Jewish guests, which was very nice. She also walked us through all the logistics of getting a marriage license, finding a ketubah, etc. She also has a beautiful voice, and when she sang during the ceremony it sounded wonderful. A lot of my guests said they loved the ceremony and I couldn't have done it without Rabbi Wendy. She's amazing!!!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Linda · Married on 05/26/2012

We could not have asked for a better experience with Rabbi Spears and would wholeheartedly recommend her to friends and family. We felt an instant connection with Rabbi Spears. She was personable, warm, with a wonderful sense of humor. We especially appreciated how she really listened...she was genuinely interested in learning about our relationship, our family histories, our day-to-day, and what brings meaning into our lives. She worked with us to ensure our wedding ceremony reflected the values unique to my husband and I - that it was "our" wedding, which we greatly appreciated. She also had wonderful advice for us as a couple and made embracing the Jewish culture and traditions meaningful and fun. Our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony - her explanations of the traditions - her warmth - her openness - and her big smile. We look forward to hopefully celebrating many more happy occasions with Rabbi Spears - we hope she'll save the date for our first baby naming :)

Sent on 07/05/2012

SCOTT · Married on 05/20/2012

Rabbi Wendy hit a home run. Her ceremony delivery was spot on! She even made my Dad cry! I consider Rabbi Wendy my friend and would not hesitate to use her again.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Elliott · Married on 05/05/2012

Rabbi Wendy married my wife and I last weekend. At first we were just looking for someone that would officiate our mixed marriage and we weren't so choosy, we just needed someone for our fast-upcoming wedding day. But as it turns out, we couldn't have found a more perfect Rabbi/officiant. Rabbi Wendy was incredibly sensitive, thoughtful and patient. And, moreover, she was fun to plan with and learn from. We got MANY compliments from our guests -- Jews and non-Jews alike -- on her service, her singing, her personality, etc. We would recommend Rabbi Wendy to anyone, without reservation.

Sent on 05/15/2012