Rabbi Lawrence M Schuval Reviews

37 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

37 Reviews for Rabbi Lawrence M Schuval

Regina · Married on 05/26/2019

Best Rabbi We Could Have Dreamed of!

My husband I are so happy that we chose Rabbi Larry for our wedding ceremony. During our whole planning process, Rabbi Larry was always available or a phone call and to offer guidance. As my husband and I are jewish, but not religious - we were able to customize our ceremony to include only the basic requirements with the Rabbi. During our ceremony, Rabbi Larry performed an unbelievable job. Rabbi Larry beautifully chanted prayers, explained the different aspects of a jewish wedding, and best of all - shared stories and details of what makes my husband and I such a perfect couple (such as how we met, when we first fell in love, what we love about each other, our family histories, etc). After the ceremony, our guests even asked us if Rabbi Larry had known us our whole lives! We cannot thank Rabbi Larry enough for delivering the most perfect ceremony we could have dreamed of!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Shara

Shara · Married on 05/11/2019

Rabbi Larry was an incredible, warm and caring officiant for our wedding.

When we first met with Rabbi Larry we were blown away by his kindness and warmness, and walked away from our meeting feeling like we had known him our whole lives. We are an inter-faith couple, who was having a Jewish wedding, so it was important to us to find an officiant who understood our background and the home we wanted to create for our future family. The Rabbi did our wedding ceremony beautifully, explaining traditions to our non-Jewish guests and making everyone feel included. He listened to the stories we shared with him about our lives with each other and incorporated the same seamlessly into our wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Jessica · Married on 04/20/2018

Rabbi Schuval was the absolute best. He listened to what our requests were and gave amazing advice. We were fortunate enough to have worked with him years prior. Rabbi is right to the point and knew when to make our guests laugh and cry. He was professional, kept in contact, and most importantly was very timely. The ceremony was short and sweet just as we wanted it to be. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Cara · Married on 01/27/2018

Rabbi Larry was a pleasure to work with and we are so glad he was able to officiant of our wedding. He was there for us throughout the process and made us feel very comfortable. He led a warm and special service.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Charlene · Married on 11/18/2017

We are so happy we found Rabbi Larry to officiate our wedding! We selected Rabbi Larry after having spoken to a number of other rabbis at length. Rabbi Larry has a warmth to him that resonated with us and was important to us in selecting a rabbi for our special day. Rabbi Larry was available to us prior to our wedding to discuss our vision for our ceremony and was willing to tailor the ceremony for us to make it unique. I love that he included our children in the ceremony during the blessing. Our family and friends commented on how intimate and beautiful the ceremony was. He also provided a gorgeous chuppah which was perfect for our garden wedding. I would highly recommend Rabbi Larry!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Lorin · Married on 05/25/2017

Rabbi Larry was incredible to work with, so grateful he was available to offficate our wedding. He met with us several times getting to know us individually and as a couple making our special day amazing and memorable providing a perfect service filled with happy tears and laughter to last a lifetime.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Danielle · Married on 11/12/2016

We were so fortunate to have Rabbi Larry officiate our wedding ceremony. He is a warm and extremely personable man. He made this part of our wedding planning a breeze! The ceremony was beautiful and very touching. I highly recommend Rabbi Larry for any and all occasions!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Rebecca · Married on 01/02/2016

We absolutely loved working with Rabbi Schuval for our destination wedding in Florida! We thought it would be hard to find someone to lead our ceremony in a lighthearted yet meaningful way that we wanted. However, as soon as we met with Rabbi Schuval, we knew he was a perfect fit. All of our guests enjoyed his witty and authentic delivery. He brought a personal touch and charm to our special day that we will always remember. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Brittany · Married on 11/08/2015

Rabbi Larry was the warmest man from the day we first met him, all the way through our wedding. I knew within the first 15 minutes of sitting down with him, that he was the perfect guy for the job.

He is the most humble, honest, sweet and warmest Rabbi. He has performed countless services and now we know why. Everyone who attended the wedding absolutely loved him. They thought he was so great.

The ceremony was warm and meaningful. We met Rabbi Larry about 10 months ago. We tried to see him as often as we could and meet with him for questions instead of just emailing them. I really enjoyed this. It allowed us to get to know him and vice versa. He was so flexible with meeting with us on weekends.

Something that Rabbi Larry does that most Rabbi's do not do - he will never book two events on the same day. Your event is the only one he will do. Why does this matter? Because he will never run late or get caught up somewhere else.

I absolutely adore him and I can't wait for him to be a part of future events we have. He truly was amazing.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Rabbi Larry performed the most touching, beautiful wedding for my son and daughter- in-law. I highly recommend him!!! Thank you Rabbi Larry for making their wedding so meaningful!!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2014

Rabbi Larry is truly amazing! He was the officiant of our wedding that was held at the HIllsboro Club in Hillsboro Beach, FL on 11/1/14. Our wedding planner, Joni Scalzo had highly recommended him and from our first meeting up until the day of the wedding everything went smoothly and flawless! He was so easy to talk to and both my husband and I felt very comfortable and confident having him officiate our ceremony. We had an interfaith ceremony and I can't tell you how many people came up to me saying how beautiful our ceremony was! I would highly recommend Rabbi Larry!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Mark · Married on 05/25/2013

Rabbi Larry was the best! We had our wedding aboard a beautiful yacht on the intracoastal. The ceremony was on the top deck. Rabbi Larry brought the chupah and performed an awesome ceremony. The entire wedding was wonderful but the ceremony with Rabbi Larry truly was the best part. The yacht was cruising, the sunset was amazing and the beautiful prayers and thoughts from the rabbi made it something we'll always remember

Sent on 06/07/2013

Jason · Married on 05/11/2013

The officiating of the ceremony is the most important aspect of the wedding in my opinion. Mixing in the fact that the couple is holding an interfaith ceremony makes it even more important. Rabbi Schuval was so understanding of my wife's religion and culture and made the incorporation seamless. Everyone at my wedding commented on how wonderful the Rabbi was during the ceremony. He was able to bring two families together from completely different worlds in order to rejoice in our marriage.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Truli · Married on 04/28/2013

Dear Rabbi,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful ceremony you performed at our wedding. Thank you also for being so helpful and attentive in the weeks leading up to the wedding. You were right, everyone was so happy and felt included by your words. Our parents were pleased and our guests were happy to hear the ceremony in English, French, and Hebrew!

Your ceremony, with your kind personality, warmth and joy made my dream of what my wedding day would be like, even better than I ever imagined. After, when when Franck and I talked about the ceremony, we remembered the smiles, our tears of joy, the laughter we all shared, and the uplifting feeling of it all.

Thank you so much for giving us these moments that we will cherish forever.
    Sincerely,
    Truli Halpern Santha & Franck Santha

Sent on 06/01/2013

Rabbi Schuval was an absolute delight in every way! From the moment we met him, all the way up to our wedding day he was responsive, helpful, and warm! Rabbi Schuval has a wonderful way of explaining Jewish rituals during the ceremony and the rich symbolism embedded within them, from the drinking of the wine, to the breaking of the glass, everyone felt welcomed and accepted. Our wedding was truly a dream come true for me and my new husband and we are so grateful we had to Rabbi Schuval as our officiant!!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Jayne · Married on 04/20/2013

Rabbi Larry was very professional and always available for questions. We have received lots of compliments on our ceremony in content, pace, and length. He showed up early and because our wedding was his only for the night, we didn't feel pressured by him on timing -- he was on our schedule. Overall, we were very pleased!

Rabbi, Thanks for being part of our special day!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Rabbi Larry gave officiated an incredible ceremony. My husband and I were so touched with the way everything flowed. Many of our guests came up to us at the wedding and when we returned from our honeymoon to tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony. He is excellent and you will be very pleased.

Jamie and Lane

Sent on 05/29/2013
  • nicole

nicole · Married on 11/24/2012

He was great at our wedding, he created a very beautiful ceremony for m husband and I . People just loved him, he was very personable and a joy to work with. He catered to out specific ceremony wishes all the way to the smallest detail, It was just perfect.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2012

We were very privileged to have Rabbi Larry officiate our wedding. He was very flexible and patient answering the many questions that we had. He responded to all inquiries in a timely manner and made us feel like we were very important to him. He was extremely helpful to us as we developed our interfaith ceremony. He worked with the Reverend to ensure that both of our religious backgrounds were represented perfectly.

In addition to excellent assistance in planning and executing the wedding ceremony he was also a great resource that we reached out to for personal counsel. He took the time to get to know us and gave us sage advice that helped guide us through some trying times dealing with a very diverse, unique group of friends and family members. By the time our wedding day arrived, he was truly part of the family.

Overall, it was wonderful to have him as part of our wedding. We highly recommend.

Brett & Jen

Sent on 11/06/2012

Jenni · Married on 06/16/2012

I’m Jewish and my husband and his family are not so it was so important that we found someone to officiate who could balance between being religious and being accessible to everyone. When we met with Rabbi Larry, his lovely wife, and their sweet dogs we knew we had found the right man. Rabbi Larry’s ceremony was exactly what we wanted and people from all religious backgrounds told us they enjoyed the ceremony and found meaning in what Rabbi Larry said. I would highly recommend Rabbi Larry if you are having an interfaith wedding or otherwise- you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/21/2012

madelyn · Married on 06/09/2012

Rabbi Larry did the ceremony at my wedding on June 9th. I had met him prior and he was very happy to work with us on any requests we had. He was extremely professional and the service was better than we could have wished for. Our only regret was not filming it. All of our guests told us that was the cutest ceremony they had ever seen. I would recommend Rabbi Larry to anyone who is getting married

Sent on 11/06/2012

Victoria · Married on 06/09/2012

Rabbi Schuval officiated at my daughter's wedding on June 9, 2012. Rabbi Schuval was a pleasure to work with. He put both the bride and groom at ease on the day of the wedding as well as the mother of the bride.

Our guests were from many diverse backgrounds and Rabbi Schuval explained the Jewish wedding ceremony and traditions beautifully. The service was fantastic and everyone loved him. Rabbi Schuval spoke eloquently and wove his observations about married life into the service.

Every one of my guests has commented to me about the beauty of the ceremony and how meaningful it was. They have all said that it was the most enjoyable wedding ceremony that they ever attended. Our only regret is that we did not videotape the service. Thank you Rabbi Schuval for helping to make my daughter’s wedding such a memorable event.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Jason · Married on 04/22/2012

Rabbi Larry was very personable and great during the ceremony. He led a fantastic service and the guests loved him. He was great in explaining all aspects of the ceremony in both Hebrew and English.

I would highly recommend Rabbi Larry.

Sent on 05/01/2012

David · Married on 01/14/2012

I knew when I got engaged Rabbi Schuval would be a perfect fit for our ceremony. Not only is he easy to speak to but he also helped us in any way he could up to the last minute. Of course he performed the ceremony wonderfully and everyone was very pleased with the flow of the service as well as his wonderful delivery. I can't say how much of a pleasure it was for him to be a part of our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 02/01/2012

Susan · Married on 12/31/2011

When my husband and I look back on our wedding day the most special part, without question, was the wedding ceremony. Rabbi Larry wrote the most beautiful and meaningful vows for us - vows which touched our hearts and resonated so clearly - and he weaved the Jewish traditions and prayers into the service while still respecting my husband's different beliefs, showing us he was clearly listening when we met with him before our wedding day. Rabbi Larry is not only a wonderful rabbi but a warm, genuine, open-minded, and caring person. It was a true pleasure meeting him and his lovely wife Ingrid, and we consider ourselves extremely lucky to have found him.

Sent on 01/23/2012