Rabbi Larry Seidman Reviews

39 Reviews for Rabbi Larry Seidman

39 Rabbi Larry Seidman Reviews
  • Terri

Terri · Married on 07/22/2018

Rabbi Larry was absolutely wonderful! We enjoyed our time getting to know him before our ceremony and getting to know each other better as a couple through our sessions with him. He guided us through everything we needed to know, before, during and even after our wedding ceremony. He is such a kind and caring Rabbi and we absolutely loved having him officiate our wedding ceremony! We are so thrilled to have found him! Thank you Rabbi Larry!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Thanks. It was a joy to work with you.

Lori · Married on 10/22/2017

I can not stress enough just how blessed I was to have had Rabbi Larry officiate my wedding!
    He was always so accommodating to my husband and I throughout the whole thing. We knew we were going to have a pretty unconventional ceremony, since we wanted to include our daughter in it, with a mix of both religious traditions and modern rituals.
    It was really important to me to have a Jewish ceremony, but my husband had grown up LDS and is still learning about Judaism. My husband is fully supportive of us raising our family Jewish, but it meant the world to me that Rabbi Larry didn’t just dismiss him as an outsider and, instead, took his time to help him understand the religion and culture he was marrying into.
    Our wedding was small and meant to be very intimate, so i really appreciated that Rabbi Larry took his time to really get to know us before the ceremony; it made all of us feel so much more comfortable in a situation that we’d, otherwise, would have felt very awkward and nervous in.
    I could really just go on and on, but to cut to the chase- if you’re looking for an Officiant that will take his time, get to know you, and genuinely seem like he cares about your ceremony as much as you do, then book with Rabbi Larry. You’ll be glad you did!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Lori; Thanks for these beautiful words. It was a joy to serve you and your families. Fell free to call if I can ever help you with anything. L'shalom Rabbi Larry

Linda · Married on 09/02/2017

Rabbi Larry was able to accommodate well with my husband (Jewish) and I (Christian) who are an interfaith couple. He was very informative and flexible with combining Jewish traditions with an all American traditional wedding and he was open to personalizing our vows. He spoke clear and concise and the ceremony flowed beautifully. We had many compliments at the wedding!

Cristina · Married on 05/26/2017

Rabbi Seidman was amazing. He was very flexible and thoughtful in his ceremony. He met with us to get to know us and made our wedding ceremony perfect! Thank you!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Thanks. I am looking forward to meeting your first child.

Byron · Married on 09/04/2016

Rabbi Seidman was a pleasure to work with! He officiate our wedding last weekend, and did an amazing job. He met with us several times to take into account our individual needs and desires. He is a great choice for a wedding because he really makes it personal and special for the couple. He was helpful before, during and after our wedding! Highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

It was a joy to work with you. Your wedding was unique to you and traditional at the same time--just the way you wanted it.

Alexa · Married on 09/04/2016

Rabbi Larry has been so open minded, helpful and flexible while working with us to plan our special day! We are so grateful he has been there for us and works to make sure we are both happy and comfortable :)

Sent on 05/26/2016

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Dear Alexa; Thanks for posting this early review. I love working with you and Byron. I am looking forward to getting to know to know you better and to sharing the moment with you under the chuppah. L'shalom Rabbi Larry

Gary · Married on 07/02/2016

Rabbi Larry did an wonderful job at our wedding and helped to make an already amazing day even better! He spent the time to get to know us and was able to make the ceremony very personal and special. We would recommend him to anyone!

Heather · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I were a bit slow to start planning our wedding -- six months after getting engaged we often had to tell friends, "we don't have a date or a venue...but we have a rabbi!" Because after we found Rabbi Larry, getting married in southern California was a done deal. After a long friendship, relationship, and then engagement, my husband and I knew each other very well -- but religion was still a sometimes touchy subject. Rabbi Larry helped us navigate those landmines and plan a ceremony that preserved Jewish traditions while still being meaningful to both of us. Even though I was not converting, I felt that Rabbi Larry treated me, and my wishes, with the utmost of respect and inclusion. Every person I have talked to since the wedding has complemented how beautiful the ceremony was, and our friends and family -- some of whom were attending a Jewish wedding for the first time -- were extremely appreciative of how Rabbi Larry often explained the reasons for and meaning behind the traditions and practices of the ceremony. Perhaps the greatest complement was one from my father, that "he seemed like he really knew both of you." We are very thankful for not only having a great experience moving forward with our relationship, but feeling like we built a relationship with a great rabbi.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Heather-Thanks for those kind words. It was a wonderful wedding because you and your families are all terrific people. I look forward to keeping in touch as your married life proceeds. May you go from strength to strength. Rabbi larry

Brittany · Married on 04/30/2016

We are eternally grateful to Rabbi Larry for officiating our wedding! He spoke beautifully at our ceremony and kept the service short and sweet as we preferred. We met with him four times over the course of a year so we grew to know each other very well. He far exceeded our expectations and was very helpful during the whole process. Through our meetings together, he helped us create a wedding ceremony personal and unique to us by incorporating our own vows and choosing the specific traditions we wanted to include. He provided great guidance and support as we discussed not just our wedding ceremony, but also our future together in marriage. Our ceremony was PERFECT!!! Thank you for everything, Rabbi Larry!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Thanks for posting. Casa Romantica really was romantic-a beautiful place, a beautiful couple and I am sure the beginning of a beautiful life together. Let me know if I can every help with anything.

Tawny · Married on 03/26/2016

My husband and I come from two different religious backgrounds and really want to make sure that both of our beliefs were represented and honored during our ceremoney. Rabbi Seidman spent lots of time getting to know us both and on the big day he delivered just that.. A beautiful ceremoney tailored to us perfectly. Both our families loved every moment and so did we. We are forever grateful and blessed to have him in our life. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Dear Tawny Thanks for the beautiful review. I was blown away by the beauty of the speech and ceremony you gave to your new step daughter as you all stood under the chuppah. I hope all of your life is just as sweet and loving. Rabbi Larry

S · Married on 01/09/2016

Rabbi Seidman is a warm and friendly man, and was a pleasure to work with. He was generous with his time, and very patient, flexible, and knowledgable. He helped us design a ceremony that felt custom-tailored to our personalities and to our desired degree of religiosity. He executed the ceremony beautifully, and our friends and family found him utterly charming.

Paul · Married on 10/24/2015

Rabbi Larry was very accommodating with us having a Saturday wedding, and had a good explanation of why. We met with him 3 times prior to our wedding and felt like he got to know us pretty well and we got to know him well in turn. This made the wedding ceremony aspect that much less stressful. He was very knowledgeable and insightful about Jewish religion and history without forcing anything on us that we did not agree with. He showed up on time and the ceremony went smoothly.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Thanks Paul. I hope everything is continuing to be as beautiful for you and Megan as the wonderful ceremony at the Casino in San Clemente. Rabbi Larry

Rabbi Larry was awesome -- and we highly, highly recommend him. He was so patient with us and so very flexible with our ceremony. Our wedding was an interfaith one (I'm Jewish, my wife not), and Rabbi Larry was more than happy to take out, change, or edit that which goes into a typical Jewish ceremony, to make our wedding something we were both very happy and comfortable with. From start to finish in terms of the whole process, he was always available and very responsive to emails and our meetings via Skype and in person were enjoyable, and one of our favorite and least stressful aspects of the entire wedding planning process! Highly, highly recommend Rabbi Larry.

Rabbi Larry Seidman aka "The Rational Rabbi" is indeed that - I was recommended by a friend who also had an interfaith wedding. I'm Chinese American (raised Catholic) and my husband is Jewish.

Before we got married, Rabbi Larry met with us several times - in person and sometimes over Skype, to get to know us, talk about relationship, what we see for our future, and what we wanted for our wedding ceremony. He was very open-minded, flexible, and supportive. Rabbi Larry really took both mine and my husband's backgrounds into consideration, and integrated it into the wedding ceremony. Throughout our meetings, I also never felt like he was pushing the Jewish religion on me.

My husband and I got a lot more from having Rabbi Larry as our officiant than we expected - he was also our advisor and became a friend. He also helped us stay on task regarding our to-do items for our wedding - language we wanted to incorporate in our ceremony, our ketubah (which incorporates English, Chinese and Hebrew languages), etc. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and was inclusive of both our cultures - and we received many compliments about how personal, thoughtful, and touching it was. Rabbi Larry really took the time and effort to know my husband and I, and it really showed through his sermon. Thank you, Rabbi Larry, for everything!!!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Rabbi Larry Seidman's reply:

Thank you Erin. It is wonderful to hear those kind words. You and Adam may have have the only Chinese-Hebrew-English ketubah in the universe. I am proud to have helped you create it.

Shiri · Married on 09/27/2015

Rabbi Larry far exceeded our expectations in his performance as the Rabbi and officiant of our wedding. This is because he really went above and beyond his duties as an officiant. He met with us multiple times in the year before our wedding, and was always available via email if we had any questions. In his meetings with us, he would take the time to encourage us to put the appropriate amount of consideration into our ceremony, while also even asking questions that would help prepare us for our life together. His meetings were very thought provoking, and, as a bonus, were actually really good for our relationship. Beyond that, the ceremony turned out to be very beautiful, and we received ample compliments on his performance at our wedding.He is a very intelligent and knowledgeable Rabbi with a kind heart, generous spirit and open mind.

Paris · Married on 08/02/2015

Rabbi Larry was just wonderful to us, from start to finish. He did a great job officiating our wedding. He kept the ceremony light, funny, spiritual, personal, and short. He did a fantastic job explaining to our culturally and spiritually diverse guests every step of the Jewish ceremony. I got several compliments from friends and family on how interesting our ceremony was. That was everything we could have asked for and more. Rabbi Larry is very professional and responsive. He got to know us on a deep level as a couple and really cared. I would highly recommend Rabbi Larry to any couple looking for a Rabbi who will answer all your questions & lead you into a beautiful marriage. 5 out of 5!

Samantha · Married on 08/01/2015

We had a wonderful wedding experience with Rabbi Seidman. He performed a ceremony that was meaningful to us and he provided premarital counseling that was valuable to us as a couple. My husband is not of the Jewish faith and I am so it was difficult to find an officiant we both felt comfortable with, Rabbi Seidman was an all-around winner. He shared his thoughts and views to give us a better understanding of what type of ceremony would be best for us. We couldn't be happier!

Rabbi Larry was incredible! From the months of preparation all the way to our wedding day, he was there to offer guidance, support, love, and encouragement. In preparation for the wedding we met with him several times - after our meetings, Rabbi stayed in contact with us and made sure everything stayed on track. He took the time to really get to know us. He took extra care to make sure that our wedding ceremony was customized to fit our wants, needs, and beliefs. The wedding ceremony went exactly as we'd hoped and Rabbi Larry made our special day even better. THANK YOU RABBI LARRY!

-Colby & Chelsea Silon

jen · Married on 06/19/2015

We looked for a long time for a Rabbi as it was an interfaith marriage which made it a little bit more challenging... Finally, we received a referral for Rabbi Seidman. From the first moment we met with him, we knew he was the officiant we were looking for! He met us several times and wanted to get to know us on a deeper personal level so he can customize the ceremony to match our values and beliefs, putting strong emphasis on our families and their vision.

The ceremony itself was not only beautiful but also very meaningful! Rabbi Seidman was able to fulfill to perfection our wishes, vision and concerns. He did so by being patience, understanding, kind and attentive! He is not only extremely smart and insightful but also a good hearted person who wants to make you day special!

For us Rabbi Seidman is not only the officiant who married us, but also a mentor in our future journey as my wife and I continue the conversion process.
    Ilan & Jen , Newport Beach CA

Henry · Married on 05/08/2015

Rabbi Larry was a great wedding Rabbi. We met with him multiple times over a few months before our wedding. We got to know him, and he got to know us, which really helped with the ceremony. He worked nice stories about us into the ceremony, and made it really feel like ours. Rabbi Larry was very flexible about incorporating both traditional and modern elements into the ceremony and making sure that we understood the meaning behind anything we wanted or didn't want to include.

sarah · Married on 03/07/2015

We would absolutely recommend using Rabbi Larry to officiate and counsel you for your wedding. Ours was an interfaith marriage and he truly took the time to get to know us and tailor the ceremony to make it most meaningful to us. We really appreciated how he explained and included all of our guests into the ceremony. Everyone remarked what a meaningful ceremony it was. I really valued the counseling we got beforehand, it was helpful and insightful. He really helped us work through any issues we were having and allowed us to get to know him. Rabbi Larry is smart as a whip, warm, flexible and insightful. I am so honored that we got to work with him. Sarah Stich & Craig Rennie

We wanted a small private wedding, and asked Rabbi Larry to officiate. Rabbi Larry helped us figure out the details of the ceremony and even offered to host the event at his lovely house. Given the small size of the event, I wasn't exactly sure how it will all come together.. but it was amazing. The ceremony was both beautiful and moving and I would very much like to thank Rabbi Larry for helping our simple event become a thing to remember.

Donna · Married on 10/26/2014

As the mother of the bride, it gives me great pleasure to recommend Rabbi Larry Seidman. First, let me share that this was an interfaith marriage. Rabbi Larry dealt with this in a very understanding and compassionate manner and made this day easy and loving for all. The ceremony was filled with seriousness and humor and gave all of our guests the feeling of being included in such an important day. I received many compliments on the ceremony.

I personally participated in the first of four meetings and stepped away. After the second meeting, my daughter called me and said, "I feel like I'm home with Rabbi Larry". I asked her what that meant and she simply said that she felt very comfortable and that she felt she knew him for years. That was music to my ears. Both my daughter and future son-in-law embraced several Jewish traditions ... Chuppah, Kiddush Cups, Blessings in both Hebrew and English and of course, breaking of the glass. As I write this review, I have goosebumps just reliving the most beautiful and memorable 4 hours. The bride and groom glowed with such love and happiness as they concentrated on the Rabbi's words to them about marriage, commitment and love.

I feel blessed that Rabbi Larry was recommended to our family. We had a beautiful Jewish wedding!

Tricia · Married on 09/27/2014

If you want an amazingly beautiful, meaningful, and personalized wedding ceremony, Rabbi Larry is your officiant. We were so blessed to have found him. He took the time to get to know us in the months before our wedding. Our ceremony was customized for us. He listens closely to what you want and is very flexible, so your ceremony will reflect you and your values and history as a couple.
    Rabbi Larry is also incredibly charming and a beautiful speaker. My guests all remarked that we had the most beautiful and memorable ceremony they had ever witnessed. He is responsive, thorough, professional, kind, reliable, and incredibly smart. He guided us every step of the way in creating our ceremony, offered suggestions and insight, and was just so thoughtful.
    We absolutely love Rabbi Larry!
    ~Tricia and Geoff Frederick San Diego, California