22 Reviews for Rabbi Janice Mehring

Customized Vows (4)
Counseling (3)
No Denomination (2)
22 Rabbi Janice Mehring Reviews

We had Rabbi Janice officiate our wedding and we must say, we couldn't be happier! She is so knowledgable and calming which is much needed with everything else going on with wedding planning and during the big day. We can't recommend her enough, she is amazing! Thank you Rabbi Janice for a memorable ceremony :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice did such an excellent job with our small beach wedding. She made the ceremony feel so special and intimate and it was exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Rabbi Janice to friends and family!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We felt such a deep connection and comfort with Rabbi Janice from the moment we spoke over the phone and we felt that this connection grew exponentially each time we spoke thereafter. Rabbi Janice was invested in understanding our individual backgrounds, our relationship, and what we wanted our wedding ceremony to symbolize. She took the time to truly understand what we envisioned and our beliefs, and helped us combine the traditions from each of our religions (Jewish & Catholic). She also taught us the symbolism in each part of the ceremony that we chose to incorporate. She was endearing, supportive, and empowering as we brought our families together for our wedding. She had such a calming presence throughout our journey. Our wedding ceremony was a beautiful combination of emotion, love, laughter, and tradition. Rabbi Janice carefully combined traditions for our interfaith wedding and made us feel at ease before and during the ceremony. After getting to know us, Rabbi Janice captured our love story perfectly and highlighted our values as a couple. We couldn’t imagine a more meaningful ceremony! Our guests raved about her as well! Rabbi Janice, thank you for being such a special part of our wedding! We are forever grateful for your guidance and your presence in our lives will always be remembered!

Profile Picture Samantha , 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Having Rabbi Janice perform our ceremony was amazing, the service was beautiful, she accommodated a last minute schedule change and lent us the chuppah for the ceremony. I would definitely recommend you have her perform your ceremony.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 11/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice made the ceremony so warm and personal. It was as if she had known our family for years. Our guests were so impressed by her, they couldn't stop commenting on what a wonderful job she did officiating. She was also very accommodating in tailoring the ceremony to the bride and groom's needs, as it was an interfaith marriage. It was a wonderful experience working with her.

Profile Picture Pam, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice was great. She was always available to speak when we needed and gave us sound and supportive advice, which was especially important given that both of us are not Jewish, and this whole process was new for me.

We would highly recommend Rabbi Janice to officiate this important day, and we would do it again with her if we could!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice is such an incredible woman and we feel so thankful and lucky that she performed our wedding ceremony. Her ceremony is very personal and absolutely exudes love. She spent a lot of time getting to know us over the phone and email and her couples questionnaire was an experience we cherish. She made our interfaith marriage so spiritual, combinig Jewish principles and traditions with universal concepts. Our family adored her and her beautiful words and singing at our wedding. It was the most perfect ceremony imaginable!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Janice was amazing to work with and was the perfect person to officiate at our wedding!

She has known my husband since he was little, and it was very special to have her there. She consulted with us to provide ideas for the ceremony and to get a better picture of who we were individually and as a couple.

She was able to make a last minute rehearsal (oops, we forgot this detail initially!) and helped us create a personalized ceremony (my husband is Jewish but I am not). We loved her suggesting about including family members to say/make up their own blessings! This added a unique and personal touch.

Profile Picture Erica, 6/18/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Interfaith Ceremony, Jewish, No Denomination

Rabbi Janice is absolutely amazing! From the moment I saw the pictures and wedding videos on her website and the beautiful job she did officiating the weddings of other couples, I thought she would be a good fit for us. This was confirmed when we talked on the phone and then met with her in person to discuss details of our ceremony. Rabbi Janice is a very kind, warm and spiritual person. It radiates through the way she interacts with people. She is simply amazing at what she does.

We are an interfaith couple and she did a beautiful job of explaining all of the Hebrew parts of the ceremony and Jewish practices to our guests. I received several comments from the groom's side--who is mostly Catholic, Christian, or not religious--that they enjoyed the ceremony so much and felt very connected to everything that was happening. My now mother-in-law commented several times on how wonderful the Rabbi was and how much she loved the ceremony and was touched by it. We received glowing comments also from my mother, grandmother, and dad about how fantastic Rabbi Janice is.

Most importantly, my husband and I were so happy with the ceremony. It was truly a perfect day and Rabbi Janice played a huge role in that. Her singing is beautiful, every detail of what she said was beautiful, and she has a vivacious and also peaceful presence. I am still enjoying looking at the pictures of the ceremony and reflecting on each moment of it. It was especially important to me that we have a ceremony that retained a sacred and spiritual element. Rabbi Janice really created that for us and we could not be more grateful.

I definitely recommend Rabbi Janice for Jewish or interfaith weddings, big or small. She was easy to work with, very organized, and amazing at what she does. It was a beautiful ceremony and we will always cherish and remember it.

Profile Picture Maggie, 3/13/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed, Jewish

Rabbi Janice was an absolute blessing!!! She was able to make my husband’s family feel included and incredibly welcome from beginning to end and they are not of Jewish faith. Being of Jewish background myself I wanted to have as many traditions as possible while still making my new husband feel at ease, and Rabbi Janice was able to make this all come together beautifully!!! She has a calming loving energy that was felt by everyone. She was able to gather information on us and made the ceremony extremely personal and endearing. We LOVED our ceremony so much and our guest loved her explanations of the traditions as well as her amazing singing voice! I would HIGHLY recommend Rabbi Janice for your wedding!!!

Profile Picture Shana , 1/16/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, Customized Vows, Licensed, Interfaith Ceremony

I don't think we could have found a better Rabbi than Rabbi Janice for our wedding. She made us feel comfortable and prepared throughout the planning process, even from our first meeting to the final minutes leading up to the wedding ceremony. She answered every question we had, helped guide us through the ceremony, customizing it to fit our preferences as needed, and helped our guests (both Jewish and non-Jewish) understand the ceremony and the traditions. All our guests were so complimentary of the Rabbi and the ceremony, it may have been one of the most received compliments of our weekend. We highly recommend Rabbi Janice for anyone getting married!

Profile Picture User5537341, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Jewish

Rabbi Mehring did an amazing and memorable job marrying us. My bride and her family are not Jewish and mine is. Rabbi Mehring made everyone feel comfortable, and she made the Hebrew parts very simple for my bride to say. Through the entire princess Rabbi Mehring was helpful and supportive, she stayed in communication with us prior to the wedding day, and was always there to answer questions and help us prepare for the most special day of our lives.

Profile Picture Nachshon, 8/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice was perfect! By perfect, I mean she was so welcoming and so very kind from the start- I appreciated her in all aspects. She was the most wonderful officiant for our interfaith marriage.. Rabbi Janice explained the true meaning and importance of Jewish culture during our ceremony so my family and other guests were able to enjoy and understand such beautiful wedding traditions; such as signing of our Ketubah, breaking of the glass and also the 7 blessings. She helped me pronounce Hebrew correctly in the meetings we had prior to the actual wedding... I really just loved how welcoming and kind she is. I was so nervous, coming from a background without religion.....also, I'm incredibly grateful to her for thinking of all the little things to make our wedding run as smoothly as it did.
I'm confident that we couldn't have found a better Rabbi to officiate our marriage!!!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice did an outstanding job for our daughter's wedding. She spent time getting to know them so she could really speak about them from the heart. She explained everything about the ceremony so all of our friends understood not only the prayers, but the meaning behind everything. I have already had so many compliments about the ceremony - how beautiful it was, how meaningful and how truly 'user friendly' it was to all who attended. We could not have been more pleased!! We highly recommend Rabbi Janice for your event!!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 6/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Absolutely excellent! Works with you to make the event personal to you.
I had an interfaith wedding and Rabbi Janice made the wedding accessible to everyone. I had multiple people comment that even though they were new to experiencing a Jewish wedding, they were able to follow along and enjoy all of it.
She has a wonderful singing voice.
If I ever have an event involving a rabbi again I will definitely turn to Rabbi Janice!

Profile Picture User5220445, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Wow, Rabbi Janice lead the perfect wedding ceremony for us! She walked us through the entire ceremony process from start to finish during our meetings over the past few months, and on the day of our wedding was spectacular. Many guests came up to us after and complimented her clarity and explanations of Jewish traditions. It was lovely have the hebrew and english throughout the ceremony and her musical talents were a great addition. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Paige, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Mehring officiated our interfaith marriage in Central California this year. She was extremely professional, kind, available and responsive to all our questions and requests for our ceremony. She also communicated with the priest on many occasions to develop a special ceremony outline to accommodate both religions beautifully. Most importantly, Rabbi Mehring put us both at ease the day of the wedding and throughout the ceremony. She is extremely warm and personable, and all our guests appreciated the rapport she and the priest had throughout the ceremony, which set the tone for love and joy that resonated throughout the remainder of the wedding.

Profile Picture User4438990, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice did a wonderful job officiating our wedding!

Profile Picture User3932433, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Very respectful and helpful officiating interfaith wedding (catholic/Jewish)

Profile Picture User4359266, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Janice was so wonderful and warm. We instantly felt comfortable with her at our very first meeting. She was so open, accepting, and very willing to work with my family's non-Jewish traditions. Of all the vendors and people we encountered during our whirlwind wedding planning (brides reading this may already be well aware of what I mean), Janice was the most calming of all. And sometimes, that's exactly what you didn't know you needed. We highly recommend Janice for any life-cycle event needs. We are confident she will help make the day special.

Profile Picture Valerie, 10/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I simply cannot say enough positive things about Rabbi Janice! I am Catholic and my wife is Jewish, and it was very important for us to have an inter-faith ceremony. My wife had a fairly hard time finding a Rabbi that would participate in one, so we were quite relieved when we found her, and then became thrilled once we got to know her. So many people that we spoke with after the ceremony told us how much they enjoyed it, but my favorite comment was made by my uncle John, my namesake and my Godfather, whom I love dearly and have always looked up to and admired. He said "That was amazing. It was so inclusive and beautiful, and you could really just feel it, and it was as if all of us who were there, it was as if we all renewed our vows." I think that perfectly sums up what she brings to the table, and I assure you she will elevate your special day!

Profile Picture John, 9/5/10, 1 Review