Quantum Party Productions Reviews

85 | San Francisco, CA

85 Reviews for Quantum Party Productions

Josh · Married on 06/19/2008

Jason and Kit Shires (the couple that runs Quantum Music) came through for my wife and I in a big way. Jason was incredibly calm and professional, on the phone, during our pre-wedding meeting, and during the event itself. He had excellent suggestions for music and activities that kept our guests happy and on their feet. They were very considerate when working out a price (which is incredible for what you get) and remembered every request that we had made. It was a little difficult to coordinate with them at first when we were still shopping around but I have to assume that's because I was a crazy ball of stress (we booked them with only one month to go!).

Jason did something amazing during our wedding that really made me appreciate the thought they put into every event they host. At one point during the reception, a big dog ran into the building (our wedding was at a park, no dogs allowed off leash) and was jumping around the room. Thankfully, the wait staff was able to shoo the dog out before it could do any real damage, but I was furious. There were signs all over the place saying "Private Event", why would those people let their dog run around?! I got up from my seat next to my bride to give the oblivious owner a peace of my mind, but Jason was already up.

He took me by the shoulders and said, "I've got this. This is not your job. Your job is to go be with your new wife. Now I'm gonna go do my job, and you go do your job." And just like that, I knew he was right. He went outside and politely got the dog owner to leave, while I sat down with my bride and was completely happy all over again. He knew just when to step up and just what to say to fix the situation and make me feel better, and I can't thank them enough for it.

I highly recommend you contact QMEP for any of your music needs, you'll never meet a nicer, more capable team!

--Josh

Sent on 09/10/2008
  • LawdanYoung

Lawdan · Married on 06/07/2008

We had a wonderful experience with both Jason as well as Kit, (She was the DJ at our wedding). I dealt with Jason for the planning part but met with Kit twice, and she performed at our reception. Both of them were great throughout. Kit was so sweet and very helpful with the planning. She did an excellent job with mixing music. My family is Persian and my husband's family is American so we had to play both kinds of music at our reception. She had everyone dancing the whole time. She was very calm and very professional.
    We also had a special monogram light made for our reception to be projected onto the dance floor, and it turned out beautifully.
    They were flexible with the price as well and when you are on a tight budget like we are, Jason worked with us alot. We will definitely be using them for our next event and have already recommended them to our friends!

Sent on 07/01/2008

3.5

Awesome company with great value! I was very pleased to have Jason as our DJ because he also doubled as an amazing MC for the night, He worked well with my wedding coordinator and the party was going strong with his music choices. Highly recommend :)

Sent on 11/05/2015

Our DJ John Harris was awesome! This is a very busy company and sometimes the response time was slow, but the service was always very friendly.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Quantum Party Productions's reply:

At this time, our response time is within 48 hours and we are closed on the weekends.we may be changing this in the future

Melissa · Married on 10/01/2016

4.2

We discovered Quantum through a bridal show in the SF Presidio. The owner, Jason, was very friendly and approachable from the start, and it was great working with him. The company overall was very accommodating, friendly, and they really listened to what we wanted and how we wanted music and lighting to enhance our day. The cost was very reasonable and the quality was great. The only issue we had was during the ceremony. We were supposed to have mics for both the bride and groom and we did not receive them. The situation was handled very well and we still ended up very satisfied with the services we received. Recommend to everyone. :)

Sent on 01/30/2017

Quantum Party Productions's reply:

The ceremony was at the Palace of Fine Arts. We had lapel mics on hand and available. The DJ was not allowed to use the only power source that was available. There is an organization running the building adjacent to the Palace of Fine Arts and they wanted to charge $400 for using an outlet. I actually offered to split this cost, but the client understandably decided not to. Therefore, the sound system we provided for the ceremony was not usable.

We gave a $200 refund since there was no sound system available. Melissa, I am so sorry for this inconvenience. I just felt terrible about this situation.

We've always been able to use the power there. I felt like they were trying to take advantage of the situation. For anyone having a wedding ceremony at the Palace of Fine Arts, make sure you bring a generator if you want to have power for your sound system or microphones or they will try to rip you off.

Alice · Married on 05/03/2014

3.0

Absolutely beautiful place for our wedding ceremony among trees and a Gazebo with a historic house back drop. Jason deals with all weddings at the Patterson House Lawn in Ardenwood Park (officially under the business Quality Event Planners jason@qmeplanners.com). Hard to get a hold of him on the phone many times but always willing to answer questions and help, really kind and quite flexible. We loved our wedding there!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Andrea · Married on 06/01/2014

3.0

QMEP did a great job! We were so happy we had Jason as our DJ! He did an excellent job and even managed the 2 channel silent disco beautifully! He really listened to and got what we wanted. He read the crowd and kept our friends dancing the whole night

Sent on 10/06/2014

Pamela · Married on 06/08/2013

2.5

We hired Jason from Quantum after several vendors recommended him and after we learned that he did a special pricing for the Brazilian room in Tilden Park. He has loads of experience, was easy to talk to, flexible with any changes, and very pleasant to work with. He seemed to have a lot of experience and the entire day went off well, DJ wise.

Unfortunately, I have to say that though he was pretty responsive to my husband and I, he wasn't as responsive to my day of coordinator and this made me nervous. Thankfully, towards the end, he seemed to communicate with her more, but learning that "every vendor but your DJ has gotten back to me" kind of stressed me out. I figure it was wedding season and I know he was busy, but I was very nervous about that.

Great pricing for the Brazilian Room though!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Quantum Party Productions's reply:

Althought the event was a total success from our vantage point, I was disappointed to read this review.We were not contacted by the event planner until a short time prior to the event and did respond in a timely manner. To read a review where we were basically thrown under the bus by an event planner is disheartening and unprofessional.

lily · Married on 10/26/2014

3.5

Jason was the DJ for our wedding. Everything went well and smoothly on the day of. Jason showed up early and did the double set-up for both the ceremony site and recpetion room. He played the music we requested and cued the whole event nicely. We are very happy with the service on the day of. I took one star off for the unresponsiveness we encountered during the planning process.

Sent on 10/29/2014
  • Patti

Patti · Married on 08/01/2019

3.4
      2.0

Rentals and DJ

Although we did have some trouble with responsiveness, the day went flawlessly. We used their services for both rentals and DJ services. The DJ that played our wedding was great, even with the sparce information we gave everyone was out on the dance floor dancing the night away!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Quantum Party Productions's reply:

I understand that many people expect an immediate response leading up to their wedding so I can appreciate this point of view. Our policy is to respond within 24 hours unless it's a weekend. I will need to do a better job at setting those expectations going forward.