Quantum Party Productions Reviews

85 | San Francisco, CA

85 Reviews for Quantum Party Productions

Robert · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot recommend Jason Shires and QMEP highly enough. He did an absolutely stupendous job at our wedding reception. He nailed the musical vibe that we were looking for throughout the various parts of the reception: cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. And he did so with minimal instruction; he just knew exactly what to do!

He also was perfect as the emcee and knew exactly how to speak and when to speak. He read the crowd like an expert, graciously took requests from our guests, and even adjusted on the fly to unscheduled toasts and impromptu singing from some of the guests in attendance.

Jason was a breeze to work with before, during, and after the reception. I offer him and QMEP my highest recommendation.

Sent on 10/10/2013
  • Nicolette

Nicolette · Married on 08/10/2013

QMEP is the on-site vendor for Ardenwood Historic Farm in Fremont and booking this venue gets you a wedding planner--Natalie! She is AMAZING and so thoughtful, kind, thorough and on-top-of-it! She was absolutely wonderful and our day would not have been so wonderful without her. We also used Jason W. from QMEP as our DJ. He was also wonderful--played everything we wanted, listened to and read the crowd and made the reception SO FUN!!! Everyone told me how great he was. The owner, Jason, is also so wonderful to work with. I really only have fantastic things to say about everything at QMEP!!! They really, really, really made our day special and helped it to run so smoothly. I don't know what we would have done without them!! Thank you QMEP!!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Kyle · Married on 10/13/2012

Jason was great to work with. He gave us exactly what we asked for, and even gave us ideas to make our lighting better and stay within our budget.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Ryan · Married on 09/22/2012

The lighting in the Golden Gate Club was perfect thanks to you guys. The up lighting along the walls and the market lighting around the dance floor created a great atmosphere. Thanks!

Sent on 11/05/2012
  • Y

Yemon · Married on 07/22/2012

Quantum music did an outstanding job at our wedding reception. We chose Jason as our DJ. The thing about Jason is that, not only is he a great DJ; he is also a great MC. A lot of the time, that is hard to find. Jason was very professional, and took time to ask us exactly what we wanted and what our music vision was for our reception. We also purchased up lighting from Quantum and he was very patient in finding the color of lighting I want for our reception. He does not try to sell you extra stuff. He is very honest and recommends services appropriately. We were not sure we needed an extra hour of music because we didn’t know how long the crowd will dance. Jason recommended that we don’t sign up for an extra hour based on the experience he had at receptions. He was also good at recommending what are appropriate times for events such as toasting, cake cutting, bouquet and grater toss, etc. . . . He also did some wedding games such as the signing game and game for winning the center piece. He even did the shoe game to stall for us when I forgot that I didn’t wear the garter and someone had to run to my hotel room to get it. Our guest loved the games and they had fun with it. Jason played all the music we wanted and some from the online request from guests based on our preferences. Jason adapted really well to the crowd. My husband is really into different kind of music and Jason was able to play the songs he wanted at the right moments. I was teasing and told my husband that he was bromancing with Jason, because he loved all the songs Jason played.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Martha · event on: 07/14/2012

James and Daryl were both a pleasure to work with. They were responsive, courteous and friendly.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Laura · Married on 07/14/2012

I found Jason Shires and QMEP at a friend's wedding and was very impressed and booked him for my wedding. I wanted a DJ that was not In your face or taking over the reception. Jason was exactly what I wanted and expected. He was very accomadating and provided the perfect music and atmosphere. I had many guests tell me what a great job he did. I would recommend Jason Shires and QMEP to any bride or anyone in need of a DJ.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Aurora · Married on 07/09/2012

Jason was awesome! He was a great MC and did a good job keeping the party on track and moving smoothly. He also was on board with our music choices and executed the timing of certain key songs perfectly!
    Would definitely recommend QMEP!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Jenny · Married on 07/07/2012

Jason did an outstanding job at our Son and Daughter-in-law's wedding. He provided a nice mix of music and kept the party going well. Having the "open" photobooth was great, and a nice variety of props were provided to use. Everyone really enjoyed the photobooth!! A great time was had by all!! Thanks Jason!

Sent on 07/26/2012

nina · Married on 07/02/2012

Jason was the DJ at our wedding at the Brazil Room and he is great! He saved the day twice by setting up two microphones for the ceremony and finding an impromptu scrapbook (which I forgot) to use for the photo strips from the photobooth. Music for the ceremony and reception were exactly what we asked for. His emceeing skills are awesome and he was a big help when trying to figure out the finicky projector and computer setup for our slideshow.

We used the open air photobooth and set it up outside on the Brazil Room patio. This was the first time it was setup outside and it turned out great. They also provided hats and other props which the guests loved.

We were on a budget and found the price very reasonable for the DJ services and the photobooth. Jason is great to work with and is very responsive with emails. We only met the day of the wedding and there were no problems at all!

Sent on 07/16/2012

We enjoyed having quantum music at our wedding. Able to work with us and adapt to have a great fun evening. Professional attitude and appearance, would recommend to anyone !

Sent on 07/19/2012

Divia · Married on 05/27/2012

Thanks very much to Jason Shires and his assistant (I think named Kat?) who helped everything go very smoothly. We went over the music I wanted, and they played it! Not much else to say about the process, which is exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Michele · Married on 03/24/2012

Jason did a great job as our DJ. Many guests came up to tell us it was the best wedding music they had ever heard! The lighting made the room, the photobooth was fun for all and Jason kept the pace of the evening moving for us by coordinating with the caterer and us. I'd highly recommend QMEP to any bride to be!

Sent on 03/27/2012
  • User2190208 · event on: 12/03/2011

The DJ was energetic & in tune to the party's musical taste.

Sent on 01/23/2012
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 11/12/2011

Kit did a wonderful job at DJ'ing. She followed up to make sure we were on schedule for the night's events and also accomodated for any delays. Kit and Jason are very easy to work with and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/23/2011

Shelley · event on: 10/15/2011

Quantum Music Event Planners is simply a cut above the rest! Jason, Kit and their staff are absolutley amazing! From planning the event through the day of our event, QMEP were there for us every step of the way. If I had a concern or a special need, they were on top of it and very responsive. This company is very well managed and they care. You can tell that they love what they do and it shows in every way. I am so glad that QMEP were a big part of our event. The party-goers loved the fabulous mucic, the lighting and the PowerPoint presentation! QMEV made all this happen with ease and were just great work with. Many thanks and kudos to Jason, Kit, your DJ and other Jason, and all your staff for making magic happen at our event! With much gratitude...Shelley Ham, Special Spaces - San Francisco Bay Area

Sent on 02/08/2012

Cara · Married on 09/10/2011

I found QMEP through yelp when trying to find a DJ for our wedding. When meeting with Kit it was clear that this was the company for us! They are so nice and made the whole process of choosing songs and lighting so easy. We used Jason as our DJ and he had the dance floor going the whole night! Everything was just perfect, thank you so much Kit & Jason!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Carolyn · Married on 09/10/2011

Its been 3 months since our wedding and we are still receiving feedback from our friends and family that it was one of the best weddings they have been too. I have to credit much of the success to Kit. Kit made the night flow so that we could just enjoy ourselves. She met with us ahead of time and talked to us about how we wanted the evening to flow and then on the night of she made sure we transitioned to dinner, cutting the cake and throwing the bouquet, etc so we didn't have to worry about it. Kit is a true professional and she far exceeded my expectations of a DJ. She also did an amazing job of choosing the music to keep everyone on the dance floor. We even extended the music because so many people were still dancing. We also loved the lighting that they provided. We had an outdoor reception in an olive grove so we had twinkle lights and uplighting in the trees and market lights on the dance floor. Kit and Jason helped us determine what lighting would be best and it was beautiful. The photo booth they provided was a huge hit with our guests. They also provided funny hats, sunglasses and other props so our friends and family had a great time taking pictures. We provided a scrapbook for them to leave a copy of the photos and a message. I think this was our best splurge because the scrapbook is my favorite keepsake from the wedding.

Sent on 12/10/2011
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 08/04/2011

Kit and Jason at QMEP are positively wonderful! My husband and I had been referred to them by a family member, and I'm thrilled we were, because I wouldn't have wanted another DJ. Jason was our DJ at our wedding, and he was extremely professional. He made sure his two set-ups were ready to go ahead of schedule, he dressed according to our expectations of what guests would wear, he worked wonderfully with our caterer on timing throughout the evening, and maintained an awesome selection of songs by reading the crowd! I suggest going to their office in Martinez if you can, as they have lighting and other options available to make your day perfect.

Sent on 09/06/2011
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 04/30/2011

Really, no words can describe how much we love Kit and Jason at Quantum Music. My fiance first met with Kit when we were looking at DJs for our April 30th wedding. We loved how down to earth and normal they were compared to the other HUGE DJ showcase we had just gone to, and got a great vibe. We booked them as our DJ, and ended up booking Kit as our day of coordinator, as well as having Jason and Kit add lighting for our reception as well. Every single part of it was perfect, and our wedding truly wouldnt have been the same without them.

Jason ended up being our DJ, and provided music for both the ceremony and reception. It was all flawless, and we got so many compliments on the music choices. They listened to what we said, and his choices were perfect. Jason is SO friendly, and after the first meeting we felt like talking to him was talking to an old friend.

Kit was out of control amazing as our day of coordinator. She provided some much needed support and assistance with all the small details of the day. We cant imagine what we would have done with out her. She truly went above and beyond on her duties, and put in so much time and energy. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Her prices are so reasonable, and she helped greatly diminish the stress of the day. We had so many small details of the wedding, and she did them flawlessly.

Jason also helped us with lighting design for our reception venue. It was a fairly normal room, and we really wanted it to feel rustic, almost barn like. Jason and Kit knew we were working on a fairly tight budget, and they did so much for us. It looked better than we could have imagined. Jason worked closely with our reception site, and strung up gorgeous market lights and up lights to really give a great vibe to the reception.

Everything about Quantum is great- you will not regret it if you go with them! They provide outstanding customer service and really seem to care about you as a person!

Sent on 05/17/2011

Orei · Married on 11/14/2010

Love these 2. Kit and Jason are fun, very nice, and get it done. I was clueless, and Kit walked me through, and Jason got everyone motivated on the dance floor, even tho they were pretty motivated on their own! I highly reccomend this company for any party. Orei

Sent on 01/09/2011

Candice · Married on 11/06/2010

Jason Shires from QMEP was amazing! He had all our guests dancing on the dance floor until the very end which is exactly what we wanted. He was incredibly easy to work with, taking time out of his busy schedule to drive all the way to the wedding venue once just to discuss the room layout. We also met with him another time before the wedding to discuss lighting options and set up. During the wedding, Jason did a fantastic job with MCing as well as DJing. We've heard a lot of great feedback from our guests about Jason and will enthusiastically refer him to anyone. Please book him for your wedding, you will be 100% satisfied, if not more!

Sent on 11/12/2010

Dan · Married on 11/06/2010

Jason is a fantastic wedding DJ and emcee! He kept my wife and I and our wedding guests on the dance floor all night. He was also incredibly professional throughout the process, made great suggestions on the lighting and set-up of the reception room, and also provided the perfect amount of emceeing during the reception. Also, for those of you who care about the personalities of your vendors, he is a cool, down-to-earth guy. Not pretentious, obnoxious, or affected in the least. He was a class act throughout!

Sent on 11/14/2010

ahva · Married on 10/10/2010

My wedding was 1 month ago today (10/10) and guests are still telling me how much fun my reception was. Kit and Jason were fantastic from the first moment I inquired about their services. It was very personalized and I didn't feel like 'just another bride' as some other DJ's had made me feel.
    As many brides know, things change a lot during the planning of your big day. Kit was so responsive every single time I sent an email, to make even the smallest change. When I did want to add a few things, Kit helped me keep it within my budget!

We provided a list of songs to play during the ceremony, bridal party entrance & songs we'd like to hear during the night. Every song was played at the right moment, exactly how we requested. No awkward silences or mistakes. The reception was a great party thanks to Jason's knowledge of how to gauge the vibe of the crowd.

I really can't say enough about how professional, prompt and nice Kit & Jason are. If anyone needs a reference, I will be more than happy to talk to you! ~Ahva

Sent on 11/10/2010
  • Jemma

Emma · Married on 07/24/2010

We were very happy with our choice of DJ. We talked to several DJs and bands and couldn't have gone with a better company.
    Kit and Jason were very professional, they knew what to do every step of the way, suggested some good ceremony details and found all the music we had on our list. They were very flexible on price and just so so nice to have business with. We also have met and discussed all the last minute details before the wedding and again couldn't be happier with their services and client handling.
    Kit was our DJ on the day of the wedding and we were very happy that she was there to take care off all the announcements, crowd redirecting and played all the music we gave almost a day prior to our event.

Sent on 08/09/2010