Q Makeup Artist Reviews

80 | Dallas, TX

80 Reviews for Q Makeup Artist

Jasmine · Married on 10/06/2017

I knew I'd be in good hands when I booked Q, and the morning of my wedding was even more perfect than I had imagined. Q came to my bridal suite 10 minutes before her designated time, carefully listened to each of my bridesmaids' requests, and gave her best attention to every girl. She and her assistant were able to doll up 8 girls altogether with ease! And she had a very fun personality throughout made us feel so comfortable. Most importantly, my make up and hair were FLAWLESS!! It was the perfect look that I had desired. Thanks to Q, I felt confident all night long in my make up and hair. I'm looking forward to booking her again for other events!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/09/2017

As I read through these other reviews, it makes my heart happy. Q has earned every single one of these stars. She did my makeup/hair and my bridesmaid's on my wedding day. It has been just over a week since the wedding and ALL of the compliments I keep getting are about my hair and makeup! She is FABTASTIC at what she does and to top it off, she is so kind and loving and will do everything she can to make your day perfect. I am so so thankful for her talent and big heart. Five stars aren't enough.

Sent on 09/18/2017

kelsey · Married on 09/02/2017

Q was absolutely amazing!! I learned about her services through my sister who got married a year before I did. She made me feel comfortable right away and was so much fun to be around for the makeup/hair trial as well as the wedding. Her work is fantastic and my whole bridal party looked completely flawless. As the bride I was extremely happy with how everything turned out and I felt beautiful on my wedding day, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Q is so sweet and easy to get along with so it was so much fun hanging out with her as she was getting us all ready on my big day. Everyone was so happy with how their makeup and hair turned out and right off the bat my friends were telling her that they wanted her to do their makeup for their own weddings, so we would DEFINITELY recommend her to anyone that is getting married!!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Sydney · Married on 08/05/2017

I am still so excited, glad and blessed to have worked with Q on my wedding day. Her talent has always impressed me, and I could not be any happier with how my and my bridesmaids looks turned out for the big day. She was so fun and easy to talk to, which I think is important since she's up-close-and-personal for a decent amount of time! I'm now actively trying to find another excuse to have my hair and makeup done so that I can work with her again. Would recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Sally · Married on 07/01/2017

Q has done my hair & makeup for my engagement shoot, boudoir session, AND wedding day! From our first encounter, she gained my trust and I'm never looking anywhere else! She just completely understands what I'm looking for, even if I don't know how to describe it myself. I LOVE her work and her personality. She is so sweet, caring, and easy-going. She works quickly, but with precision and expertise. I don't know much about make up, but when I look in the mirror, I do know what I love or don't like so much.. and she is always SPOT-ON. My favorite part is her highlighting skills! Skin always looks fresh, glowing, and gorgeous when she's done with it! Thanks for everything, Q!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Alex · Married on 06/29/2017

I feel so lucky as a bride to have found Q! She is the sweetest person and her skills with makeup and hair are unbelievable! All my bridesmaids looked Amzing and I felt like a queen! Thank you Q! I couldn't have ask for more! If you are thinking about using Q, do it!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Brooklyn · Married on 06/10/2017

Words cannot describe how happy I am that I used Q for makeup services for my wedding! Not only was Q extremely friendly, she made everyone look and feel so beautiful! She took time to make sure each and every person was happy with their look, never made us feel rushed, and brought such great energy to getting ready! Please do yourself a favor and book her now!!!! I have had my makeup professionally done over 10 times and have never been more happy with the way it turned out than with Q. Simply the best!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Vivian · Married on 06/09/2017

Q is truly on another level. I had trials with a few other hair and makeup artists who were very good, but Q's work was the best by far!! I was actually hesitant to book her because she was pricier than I had budgeted for, but once we had the trial, I knew she was THE ONE. And let me tell you, she was worth every penny and more! I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life than on my wedding day and it was all thanks to Q.

Not only is she extremely talented, but I also ended up just totally falling in love with her personality as well! I absolutely loved working with her. She is SO easy going and accommodating and will work with you to customize your perfect wedding day look. She made me feel comfortable telling her exactly what I had in mind, and when I wasn't sure about something she was able to give me her expert opinion and guide me in the right direction.

She has a great artistic eye for using makeup to highlight YOUR specific features so that you essentially look like the BEST glowy gorgeous version of yourself. She also works very quickly which is nice because it leaves plenty of time for tweaks or touchups.

Q has my highest recommendation. If you want a HMUA that's going to make you look and feel like a princess, do not hesitate to book Q. You can't go wrong with her. I am convinced that she is the best HMUA out there.

Sent on 06/19/2017

A · Married on 05/28/2017

I feel so lucky to have found Q! She is such a sweetheart and makes you feel super comfortable! She really listens to what style you're going for and goes above and beyond for her clients. My entire wedding party loved her and I highly recommend her for any occasion!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Page · Married on 04/01/2017

Q is one of the best there is! As a fellow vendor, I always want to have her on my team!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Victoria · Married on 03/11/2017

I happened to stumble upon Quynh's instagram account in the early stages of planning our wedding and I am SO glad I did!!! I booked her immediately after I sent an email requesting prices and scrolled through her Instagram page to see before and afters! She is extremely helpful and kind and absolutely accommodating. I did 2 engagement sessions and of course the trial run and wedding day. Quynh did both my hair and makeup for all of those things. I love how every time she finishes your hair and makeup she ASKS you what you think and actually really really listens. For example. A false lash wasn't sitting correctly and Q took it right off and situated it until I was comfortable. I also do my eye makeup a certain way and Q was completely understanding and added more liner and more shadow without making me feel like I was crazy. She will give her honest opinion if you ask. I love how easy it is to talk to her!

Wedding day was a dream because of Quynh and her assistant. They were early and worked quickly and diligently. All of my bridesmaids RAVED about their hair and makeup and everything stayed on ALL DAY. I am a big cry baby and I new I would be emotional wedding day, but my makeup looked flawless all evening!!! My girls even made the comment that they never want to wash off their face because the makeup was so beautiful!!

Do yourself a huge favor and book Quynh ASAP because she is worth every penny!!!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Liz · Married on 03/07/2017

Q is OUTSTANDING! She made our model for a recent styled shoot look absolutely stunning! She captured our vision perfectly. She's quick, but impeccable at her work. The hair and makeup lasted an entire day of being outside in the wind and sun. I would recommend her a million times!!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Melanie · Married on 03/07/2017

Q did a FANTASTIC job for our styled shoot! She made Brittany look flawless, while just simply highlighting her beautiful natural features! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Ryan · Married on 02/04/2017

My wedding day experience with Quynh was absolutely flawless. I did a hair and makeup trial along with my mother several months before my wedding and she listened and executed my vision perfectly. When I realized I wanted a different hairstyle, she was more than accommodating to help me schedule another hair trial and again, she delivered with exactly what I was looking for. Not only are her skills amazing but her fun personality and professionalism on the day of my wedding created a fun atmosphere for my entire wedding party while we were getting glam. She really pays attention to what your vision is and made each bridesmaid look flawless and cohesive while still giving them what they wanted (more natural, more glam, etc.) Also, I ended up crying like a baby at my wedding and my makeup still looked amazing and did not falter throughout the night. I would definitely recommend her to any future bride.

Sent on 02/13/2017
  • April

April · Married on 01/07/2017

Q is the hair and makeup you want for your wedding! Not only is she an amazing artist, she is also incredibly easy to work with for scheduling sessions and payments. She is also one of the coolest people I have ever met, super professional and always on time. Q is so down to earth, easy to talk to and really builds you up and makes you feel as beautiful as you look. I knew as soon as I saw her portfolio that she was the artist I wanted for my ladies and I on my special day and I was pleasantly surprised by how affordable she was given her amazing work! She knew exactly how to translate my vision for my engagement and bridal pictures and made me look incredible on my wedding day! Her team was just as amazing as she is and they helped make all of my bridal party as well as my mother-in-law, aunt-in-law & my grandmother look and feel amazing as well. They all worked quickly but efficiently to get us ready on time. I couldn’t have asked for or found a better hair and makeup artist for my wedding day and I would recommend Q to any bride for their wedding day or to anyone just looking to have their hair and makeup done for a special event or pictures, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Michelle · Married on 11/26/2016

I almost wasn't able to book Quynh as my MUA & Hair Stylist a year ago but she was so accommodating that she made it all possible. I am so incredibly grateful her services and passion. She made me pretty for my engagement pictures and she made me felt like a princess on my wedding day. Her attitude, professionalism and style makes her so unique and amazing. All of my bridesmaids' makeup looked flawless on my wedding day and I've received countless compliments on mine. The makeup stayed on through all the tears and for 18 hours straight; I almost didn't want to wipe it off at the end of the night. I will continuing to support Quynh and hope that there will be other occasions for Quynh to do my makeup. Love her!!!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Linh · Married on 11/05/2016

Q is the very definition of a professional, both in the amazing quality of her work as well as the way she treats her clients. She went above and beyond accommodating my travel schedule (I live out of town) and making my last minute requests work. The makeup was amazing and if possible, looked better as the day wore on. How is that even possible? I highly recommend Q to anyone who can afford her and book her in time! She is very talented, great to or with, worth every penny, and is just a genuinely nice human being. Thank you so much Q!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2016

I cannot say enough about how lucky I am that Quynh was able to do my make-up for both my engagement and wedding days! I was honestly having anxiety about possibly not being able to book her because she is just THAT GOOD! She is so high in demand and when you see her work you know why!

I don't wear very much make-up in my daily life so when it came to my wedding time I knew I had to glam it up. Quynh does such an amazing job at making you look naturally stunning and I felt SO CONFIDENT throughout my wedding day. I had my make-up done by Quynh at 5:45AM and it lasted (and I feel like it even got better throughout the day) until my wedding ended at 10:30AM. I felt so beautiful all day.

I honestly don't give 5 star ratings often but I really feel like Quynh deserves it. She is personable, very quick at responding and makes sure to make you feel comfortable throughout your sessions with her. I will continue to recommend Quynh at every chance I get. Thank you Quynh for being so awesome!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2016

Quynh was the make-up artist for myself (the bride), the mothers of the bride and groom, and my bridesmaids at my wedding. She did a fantastic job! She was professional from the beginning and easy to work with. She was responsive to all of my questions leading up to the wedding and did a great job guiding my choices. Not to mention that she's very bubbly and sweet! I recommend Quynh to all of my friends - 5 out of 5 stars.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Katie · Married on 10/23/2016

Q was awesome! She definitely knows her makeup! She did an amazing job with me and my bridesmaids...I would definitely recommend her to my friends for their weddings or big events.
    Thank you so much Q!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Mo · Married on 10/08/2016

Quynh has a wonderful personality and knows what she is doing. During our makeup and hair trial session, she gave me plenty of options and was open to changes, which I didn't need but find important because you want to a makeup artist that understands what you're looking for so you don't look like you dancer in a cabaret (unless that's what you want!). The entire bridal party looked fantastic and none had any complaints. Because of a room change and time, I didn't even see myself until we lined up for the procession and I happen to glance at myself in a nearby mirror. I was blown away! I don't think I've ever looked better which is exactly how I should have felt as a bride. Basically, use her. She is awesome!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

Quynh and her team did a beautiful job with my wedding party and me. They were timely and professional despite the fact that we had an extremely early start to our day - 5 a.m. We got compliments all day! The owners of our venue said her work was some of the best they have ever seen! I would highly recommend to any bride who wants to look naturally radiant on her day.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Angelyn · Married on 09/17/2016

Ever since my engagement last summer, I've learned the value of these reviews found on WeddingWire as well as on Facebook; a lot of my decisions were based on the experience of other brides. Now that my wedding has passed (9-17-16), I am making it a priority to help other brides by writing reviews for all of my wonderful vendors.

Q has been amazing to work with. She's done my makeup and hair 3x in the last few months--trial run, engagement shoot, and wedding day. I was more than pleased every time. Q is actually the third makeup artist that has done my makeup in the last two years (twice a bridesmaid before my wedding). The first MUA caked on the makeup and completely changed my features...I looked like I had a nose job and my sister even said I looked scary. I didn't feel like myself at all; I was self-conscious every time a friend or family member saw my face that day. The second MUA put too much blush. I looked like a circus clown, and the overall look just didn't wow me. After those two experiences, I did TONS of research, combing through the internet for reviews, price points, and before and after photos. I have to admit, I was being really picky and critical! When I finally had Q glam me up, I was genuinely impressed! Her work was simply flawless; the makeup was natural looking while also accentuating all my features. The best part was that I still felt like ME. I received numerous compliments on how gorgeous I looked in my engagement photos. Even my sisters--harsh critics that they are--commented on how perfect my makeup was on my wedding day. Choosing Q was one of the best decisions I made for my big day; you won't go wrong with her!

TIP: Be sure to EXFOLIATE and moisturize your face the night before. I saw a huge difference in the makeup during my engagement shoot versus my trial run. When I remembered to exfoliate and moisturize, the makeup went on SO much smoother and lasted longer throughout the day.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Heather · Married on 08/20/2016

Quynh is truly the BEST!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!! Everyone looked soooo beautiful!! Any bride/bridal party would be lucky to have her!!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Sania · Married on 07/16/2016

Q is amazing! She is a rare makeup artist in that she takes the time to understand what you want and then executes your vision flawlessly. I have had some pretty awful experiences with other makeup artists who completely ignore what I want, so I was worried about my wedding. However, when I first met Q and had her do my engagement makeup, I knew she would be the only makeup artist I would ever go to again. I really can't thank her enough for doing such an exceptional job - she's an expert at what she does (both hair and makeup).

Sent on 05/07/2017