Push Play Entertainment Reviews

135 Reviews for Push Play Entertainment

Push Play Entertainment 1
Push Play Entertainment 2

K · Married on 10/11/2009

DJ's are wonderful and give couple a questionnaire to be completed beforehand to really get to know their clients. More attention to songs requested and mics would have made it perfect, but overall we were pleased.

Sent on 12/08/2009
  • BRITTANY

BRITTANY · Married on 01/26/2017

Manuel and Brittany are so fun and easy to work with!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Alaina · Married on 03/14/2015

PushPlay DJ'd our wedding reception at Arizona Grand Resort in March, 2015. Manuel and Brittany (husband/wife owners) did a great job coordinating the evening with us ahead of time, and ensuring we had all the best music lined up. The service they provided was excellent, as they kept everyone on schedule and executed all the requested special events (tosses, cake, etc.) as requested. We chose PushPlay after a long search because they actually mix their own music, which was important to us to create a party atmosphere. Brittany DJ'd that evening, and our playlist (with her help) and her DJ skills transformed the evening from cocktail hour, through speeches, into a terrific dance party.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Audrey · Married on 04/25/2015

We were very pleased with our DJs from Push Play!! They did a great job being flexible when things moved inside because of weather and got all of our song choices in. We left the open dancing music up to them within certain genres and they did a GREAT job keeping people dancing! I even danced, and I dont dance!!! A few minor hickups, i had asked to do the anniversary dance ahead of the boquet toss, and I had to ask again night of... Our parents surprised us with a slide show of baby pictures and toward the end of it, it stopped working... But they were accommodating after the fact. As a country music lover, I know its not the best dance music, but they still fit it in especially at the end of the wedding. The newlywed game was GREAT and we had a TON of fun with them as our DJS! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Amy · Married on 10/02/2011

3.5
      2.0

Push Play was the DJ vendor offered through our wedding location and we had Manuel as our DJ. He was very professional and made it easy to communicate what we wanted.

My main complaint is that he did not play hardly any of the music my husband and I requested. All the important songs went off without problems (first dance, cake cutting, etc), but during the free dance portion, we heard very few requested songs. I know my mom made several requests and some of those got played. If it had been an issue of having too many songs to get through, I would have preferred he talked to me to find out the most important ones. I had expressed concerns about making sure our requested songs were played because a friend of mine had made specific requests to her DJ that were never played. He assured me that this wouldn't be a problem and I could certainly make a list of requests. So I was very disappointed not to hear any of the songs from the playlist I worked hard to make.

On a good note, since my rating is still pretty high, people still danced. The night was still fun. I didn't hate any of the music he played. He was very professional and moved the wedding along at a good pace. He was good about checking with us to make sure we were ready to move on to the next event. Communication prior to the event was fine. So overall, the lack of our requested songs did little to really put any kind of a damper on our great day, but looking back I'm just kind of sad that there were certain songs we didn't get to dance to.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Tracy · Married on 10/22/2011

3.8
      3.0

Overall, the music was good and people were dancing. However, Manny made several mistakes at key moments. We filled out the questionnaire of requests that he sent us, and he did not follow some of the things we had requested. The one mistake that bothers me the most is the song that was playing while I, the bride, was walking down the aisle, was briefly interrupted. He somehow played a different song for about 1 second during my walk up the aisle, and then went back to the song that was playing, the correct song. Also, I had listed on the questionnaire that there would be 3 toasts, including my mother. He totally forgot and tried to take the microphone away after the first 2 toasts. I had to tell him in front of the whole reception that the mother of the bride wanted to do a toast. Our grand entrance was played to the correct song, but not the correct part of the song. And the gobo we paid for (a light shining on the floor that said our name) was not on the whole night, like only for the first hour. Someone requested the gobo turn back on, and when he tried to do it, the music completely stopped in the middle of a song for at least 10 seconds. He was nice, had great suggestions, and I did like him. But I was very disappointed at some of the mistakes because he had all of the information given to him in his own questionnaire that he created weeks prior to the wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Kelly · Married on 03/27/2012

3.2
      1.0

I got a lot of compliments about how good my DJ was. The only thing I was frustrated about was that he didnt stick to the script! We had planned a honeymoon dance competition and which ever one of us earned the most was going to put cake in the other's face. We thought it would be a good way to earn a little more dough lol. But the DJ started the cake without doing the honeymoon dance. After the cake, he did ask me if I still wanted to do the dance, but people were already starting to leave and I just didn't want to deal with it. When people were leaving and we asked him to wrap it up, he just finished the song and started packing up. We didnt even get to do our last dance song which we were looking forward to. :-(

Sent on 04/04/2012

Rachelle · Married on 04/11/2014

2.8
      2.5
      3.0

Everything seemed in order with speaking with them and then the day came. The ceremony went fine, but during the reception events and such that were planned they seemed to not know what was going on. for example the shoe game was planned and the photographer asked me and said the dj thought it was cancelled,s o I had to go let them know it wasn't. The groom and I didn't want to say any words and we had marked that on the planning sheet. The dj announced we wanted to say a few words and put us on the spot and handed me the microphone. The other downfall was the must play list we had an order of importance and they just picked songs they wanted off of it. The higher category songs we wanted were not all played but some of the lower end ones if there was extra time were played. They did get us the cider for the toasts since he started it and we didn't have any liquid in our flutes. They were asked to make some announcements throughout about the photo booth and I heard failed to do so.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Push Play Entertainment's reply:

This is unfortunate that we received such a negative review from this bride. I'd like to respond to some of their concerns so that others may note what took place...
    Playlist: They provided us a playlist, they highlighted important songs from that list to play first, and we did just that. Unfortunately, there was just not enough time to even complete the highlighted songs. If they didn't hear the songs they requested played, it was probably because they spent more time taking pictures outside (1hr 45 min after Ceremony / 45 min after dinner in the garden / 30 min of night shots in the garden / 45 min towards the end of the night with the horse and carriage in the parking lot.) We took no requests from guests as requested from the couple; we stuck to the list and the instructions. The shoe game (Newlywed Game) needed to be confirmed with the Bride and Groom since photos took longer than expected from the approved Timeline. We told the photographer we would confirm and we did. It's always our policy to re-confirm things if things are running behind. Since the couple utilized friends and family to assist with catering we asked them to let us know once all glasses had been poured. They did, they assured us all glasses had been poured, however they forgot to pour for the couple so WE had to find a bottle of cider and pour the glasses for them. We made several announcements about the photo booth, SEVERAL, but at the end of the day we can't force people to get in the booth. Just to note, they only hired the photo booth for a couple of hours at the beginning of the wedding, photo booth left with 3 hours to go. Our only downfall was that we did make a mistake in handing the mic to the Bride to thank their guests for attending their wedding.

In the end, we gave this couple a huge discount to accommodate their budget needs, it's unfortunate that it is was unappreciated and things have been exaggerated and/or falsified.

Jacqueline · Married on 11/06/2010

2.2
      1.0

We were really disappointed with Manuel. He told us that he would have another person working with him to play the music and he would MC and he ended up being the only one there. Also, we gave him a must play list of songs and another list of suggestions and he only played about half of the must play list and the rest was music that he picked that wasn't even similar to the music that we had on our lists (he played top 40 songs and we had more 80s mix). Also, he looped the same songs for Cocktail hour and through dinner even though we specified a different music choice for dinner. Also, he cut out some things that we wanted to do that were really important for us. Also, you could not here him at all when he was talking through the mic. A lot of guests missed important events because they didn't hear him announcing it. Would not recommend unless you like a DJ to just play top 40 mix. He did not listen to what we wanted at all and we really tried to make it easy for him. It's the only part of my wedding I wish would have been different, everything else was amazing.

Sent on 12/01/2010

samantha · Married on 03/03/2018

1.0

Push Play was a preferred DJ of our venue, we had them booked a year out. They sent over paperwork for music selection and was due a month out from our date. We were very clear with forms, included lists of ‘must play’ and ‘do not play’ list, etc. We also included a list of songs we wanted played after 10, that were more for the younger crowd. I specified I wanted the original songs played, no radio edits (Ludacris,T-Pain,etc). We got them the paperwork about 5 weeks out. Later I was contacted by them: “Unfortunately we only have clean versions and only play the clean versions. All the music we get is professionally edited and doesn’t use bleeps or sounds to cover the explicit lyrics. So the songs will still sound like the song just not with any bad words.” Wtf? I had specifically asked the venue about music restrictions when we signed a contract and they assured us there were none. I emailed back, even offered to pay extra for them to get the original versions and stated how important it was to me to not have edits. I also pointed out that what constitutes a ‘bad word’ is completely subjective. I got a call from the owner and she explained that it’s their company policy to not play bad words and after over a decade in the business they choose not to as a personal preference. Yet this “company policy” is stated no where on their website and no where in any of the paperwork they provide. Our venue even had no idea they did this. It’s absolutely ridiculous of them to think that their ‘personal preference’ matters at someone elses wedding. It's incredibly deceitful to not include this rule anywhere. Of course their website states “...customizing every detail of your wedding” and “…accommodate all your music preferences.” I think these people are in the wrong business. We felt lied to. We had an adult only wedding, and knew our crowd. Luckily we were able to find a DJ who actually did accommodate all our preferences!

Sent on 03/23/2018