Pure Joy Catering, Inc Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

115 Pure Joy Catering, Inc Reviews
  • Dulce

Dulce Dia Events · Married on 10/01/2018

Dream Team! Dream Caterers!

Working with Pure Joy Catering is simply Pure Joy! From the planning to the amazing food and awesome staff! Ellen and Patrick are very professional and will deliver an event of your dreams!

Eva · Married on 09/15/2018

Patrick and the entire Pure Joy team were a dream to work with! They were extremely responsive and reliable from the day we started working with them, and the food blew everyone away. They became friends during the process and worked amazingly with the rest of our vendors. I could not recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Eva & Chris, you both were a dream to work with! Thank you for your kind, sweet words and we feel the same about you; we've become friends through the planning process. You know where to find us, stop by and say hello any time. Happily Ever after!
  • Lisa

Lisa Blades · Married on 09/08/2018

Jaw Dropping!

Patrick and the Pure Joy Team really over achieved for my clients. They handled the details with expert care and provided FANTASTIC service for a stunning party on a private villa in Montecito. If there were six stars available, I would rate them thusly. Do not hesitate to use this stellar company, if you are looking for unique and elegant. The event was flawless!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Lisa, thank you so much for your lovely review. And we love your 6 star rating!! You also are amazing and had a fabulous time working with you.

Miranda · Married on 09/01/2018

Pure Joy was absolutely incredible. They catered to my husband and I during the event and made us feel like total VIPs! Everything ran so smoothly thank to their whole team. We were so impressed with the level of service and attentiveness of the entire staff. Everything was so seamless, and our guests felt very catered to. Incredible professionalism, politeness, and attention to detail. It was beyond perfect!!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Cheers to you, Miranda and Angus! We're so delighted for you and we really enjoyed catering your beautiful wedding! You both were so delightful and we just love doing weddings at Godric Grove. We aim to please, and are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful and seamless experience with us. Thank you so much for your kind words and we wish you and Angus a happily ever after!
  • Curtis

Curtis · Married on 07/15/2018

A dream come true

If you’re thinking about using pure joy catering don’t think just do!!!! They’re absolutely amazing. Every person that we dealt with was so accommodating. They made us feel comfortable with our choices and we’re so knowledgeable in every aspect of our wedding. The food stations and main courses were definitely some of the best food we have ever had!! Presentation was on point just as the service was. We highly recommended using Pure joy catering for your next event. Way to go guys you rock!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you Curtis! The evening was Pure Magic! Everything was stunning, from your chosen venue, La Arboleda, the decor, and the food you chose for your menu was amazing. The strawberry shortcake station was such a hit. Thank you again for your kind words and we wish you both a happily ever after! Love, the Pure Joy Team

Alyssa Berroteran · Married on 07/15/2018

Best experience

Pure joy catering provided excellent service at my sister's wedding. I would not recommend anyone other then them to cater your next event.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

Best choice for catering in SB

Pure Joy went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly with our wedding. First off, they got the big things right. The food was excellent, service setup everything on-time and were polite/pleasant with guests, you know, the things you expect you're paying for. BUT then they got all the little things right as well. The things you don't think about. For example, I was finishing with my photos and getting my dress bustled away from the main reception, the servers came over and brought some of our appetizers to make sure that I ate something and that I got to try all the food we chose. Also the servers came over at dinner and served me and my husband dinner (from the buffet), that way if guests came up to chat (which they did) I wouldn't get too distracted and spill something on my dress or forget to grab something from the buffet.

Everything was completed in a professional and courteous manner. They made the whole process super easy and were even able to provide guidance regarding items not related to catering. Plus the food was DELICIOUS. I had so many guests comment on how good the food was. We definitely made the right choice with Pure Joy.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Pure Joy Catering, Inc 1
    Pure Joy Catering, Inc 2
    Pure Joy Catering, Inc 3
    Pure Joy Catering, Inc 4
    Pure Joy Catering, Inc 5

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Dearest Sarah & Grant, your review is music to our ears! Every single event we cater, we try to go above and beyond. Not only do we want your guests to be impressed, but the goal is to make your life worry and stress free on your most special day so you can truly enjoy every aspect of your wedding. We are SO happy it was absolutely perfect and exceeded your expectations. Cheers to Happily Ever After!

Janice · Married on 06/02/2018

The food is absolutely fabulous! Everyone raved about the freshness of the salad and the tri tip cooked fresh on site. Ellen was totally patient and flexible from the first days of planning right though to the end of the wedding day. This was my third child's wedding, and by far the best!
    Hire Pure Joy because the name reflects the experience!
    Janice S

Sent on 06/06/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you so very much for the kind words! The planning process with you all was so wonderful from the beginning and we were so elated to see it all come together so beautifully. That first dance will go down in my history books as the best yet! It was a true pleasure working with you and your entire family and we wish the happy couple all the happiness and success in the world. Thank you again, it was an honor to be a part of the celebration:) Ellen

Tricia · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with Pure Joy Catering. From the moment I met Ellen I knew I was in great hands. She was absolutely incredible listening to each and every detail that I wanted and helped us figure out what was truly important and what wasn't important to us. The wedding day was absolutely flawless, it was just gorgeous! The welcome beverage table looked so pretty, the appetizer and food Buffett table displays were just beautiful designed exactly the way I wanted. And most important the food was to die for - it was absolutely FANTASTIC! I had so many of my guest come up to me and ask who the caterer was because the food was so amazing! Like I said above I could go on and on, I cannot say enough wonderful things about Pure Joy Catering. The bottom line is...they're the best at what they do and worth every penny!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you so much Tricia! The wedding was amazing and we loved being a part of it. It truly was a magical day, especially with those whales and dolphins literally crashing the wedding! ;) Wishing Rachel & Nick a happily ever after. <3

Alannah · Married on 04/14/2018

My mother in law used Pure joy for our rehearsal dinner and they were absolutely phenomenal. Adam was the perfect matre d. He was attentive, but inconspicuous. All of the staff was so nice and helpful. They did a beautiful job with the food and it was so creatively displayed. I highly recommend the avocado bar. Thank you again Pure Joy! We will absolutely use you again.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Congratulations to you and Tim! We just LOVED your Rehearsal Dinner. It was such an epic way to celebrate in Santa Barbara. Leadbetter Beach is the perfect place to show your friends and family what SB is all about and the Hawaiian theme was just brilliant. Thank you for being so lovely and we wish you both a happily ever after! Much love to you, The Pure Joy Team

Lynee · Married on 11/11/2017

It has been a little over a week since we got married and we’re on cloud 9 living in wedding bliss. We chose Pure Joy Catering to cater our wedding and it was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. The execution was absolutely flawless, the food was fresh and delicious and they really were Pure Joy. They took the hassle out of planning by managing our rentals and insuring we had everything we needed and provided the most amazing service around. They were quick to respond to any question I had and worked with me to create my dream wedding. I highly recommend them if you want your wedding or event to go off without a hitch. There’s a reason their office walls are full of thank you notes and awards – they’re simply the best in town. And it doesn’t hurt that they cooked the best darn wedding food I’ve ever had! Literally!!! Thank you Pure Joy! Love, The Bennetts

• F

Francesca · Married on 10/07/2017

Pure Joy catered our wedding at my grandparents' house in Santa Barbara. We worked with Patrick, and he and his team were immensely helpful in working with us to make our intimate wedding fit our budget while still being a beautiful and memorable event. No matter what came up, Patrick managed to smooth things out. Thank you very much, Patrick!

We were very impressed with the food and the presentation. If we had to do it again, we would definitely have included more appetizers -- they were great and looked adorable!

Thanks again, Pure Joy!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Hi Francesca & Elliot! Thank you so much and we LOVE Patrick! As our Senior Event Planner, he definitely has tons of experience and we're so glad you found him to be so wonderful and could make your special day perfect. Your appetizers you chose are some of our best sellers; the artichoke bottoms, Southern Belles and mini margaritas with fish tacos! I can see how those can leave you wanting more. ;) Happily Ever After to the both of you!

Charlotte · Married on 09/16/2017

What a fabulous job the Pure Joy Team did. It was such a pleasure to work with Mr. Patrick Ward and the entire team. I must say - they pulled off a wedding WAY better than I envisioned and it was so amazing and magical. The staff was attentive, professional and extremely helpful during the entire process. A million thanks to Pure Joy for helping to make our special day so beautiful and memorable! Charlotte and Ron Jackson

Sent on 10/27/2017

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Charlotte, you and Ron were amazing to work with. You both are so wonderful and down to earth. We truly enjoyed helping you plan your special day and we loved creating your fantastic Family Style dinner menu. Thank you for your kind words. We are wishing you and Ron a forever happily ever after.

sarah · Married on 09/03/2017

I cannot thank the staff at Pure Joy enough for the wonderful job they did catering my daughter Emily's wedding. From the first tasting in Santa Barbara to the last drink served at the end of the night, the service was elegant, responsive, and professional. And the food! All of our guests said that the food was the best tasting menu they had ever eaten at a wedding. Thank you Pure Joy and Ellen Reid!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

We are so grateful for your confidence in us for such a special day. It was an absolute joy working with you and your family to create such a magical day for Emily & Jeremy. Thank you for your kind words and let the happy couple know we wish them many blissful years of Pure Joy!! All the Best, Love the Pure Joy Team

Nini · Married on 06/25/2017

We wanted to create a completely different style of wedding- an outdoor rustic dinner party wedding at Elings Park followed by an amazing indoor neon and pink velvet afterparty at the Maritime Museum. Pure Joy nailed both of our back-to-back events. They captured everything we had in mind and executed every detail to perfection. Needless to say, I had to extend their services by about an hour last minute because everyone was having such a good time and no one was leaving (definition of a successful wedding). The party lasted through almost 5 AM at my house afterwards. We worked with Patrick Ward and Kacey House. They were flawless. Patrick oversaw our event, while Kacey was our day-off coordinator. She is simply the best- I highly recommend asking for her when working with the PJ team. The food was so good I only wish I could have eaten more of it and the services were impeccable. All of guest commented on how good the food was. Our event supervisors were Adam (for the dinner party) and Mike (for the evening After party) and they were superb - they paid close attention to all detail. If you are planning a wedding in Santa Barbara, please just go with the best team in town and avoid hassles, you will be stressed enough as it is.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Nini & Matthew, you both were just so amazing to work with! Not only did we find you to be a pleasure to work with, but our entire staff who worked your events thought you had the most amazing wedding & evening reception. It truly was unique and we LOVE that we could help make your vision a reality. It was the very first wedding/late night reception combination we've done for a bride & groom on a single day and two locations and it was fantastic. Thank you for your kind words and we really wish the two of you the happiest future filled with Pure Joy.

Sydney · Married on 06/24/2017

We could not have been happier with the catering Pure Joy provided. From the very beginning they were very accommodating allowing us to personalize our menu. We had a dream of serving Thai Food at our wedding and they made it possible. Everyone was raving about the food! Also, my Husband really wanted to serve a smokes whiskey drink and Pure Joy bought a special smoker for our event, they were smoking the whiskey right there at our wedding and our guests where in awe! Everything was beyond perfect and we can't thank enough for all their hard work!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Sydney & Brandon, thank you so much. We absolutely fell in love with your entire menu. When a wedding menu truly reflects the couple and their personal preferences and love it really shines. Between the delicious Thai Food menu to the Smoked Whiskey, we had a fantastic time bringing your dream day to fruition. Thank you for your kind words and may you both have a happily ever after. Love, The Pure Joy Team

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

LOOK NO FURTHER!! Pure Joy is pure joy!! Ellen Reid is the bomb dot com! I'm from SB but live in NorCal, so planning my own wedding from afar was not easy, to say the least. Ellen made me feel completely at ease with her competency and attention to detail. Pure Joy walks you through each decision and handles so many aspects of a wedding, I had no idea! Practically a one stop shop! Linens, dinnerware, center pieces, dance floor, chair and table rentals, cake cutting, figuring out the timeline and of course the FOOD!!! Our guests LOVED the food. Not only do they set up an entire kitchen on site but they go to the Farmers Market for all the necessities! They create divinely exquisite dishes that literally melt in your mouth. They truly provide a one-of-a-kind experience! Isn't that what every bride wants!? Worth every single cent!!! AND on the day of your wedding they are there ensuring every detail falls into place. I cannot rave enough about how joyful they made our most special day. We are forever grateful for the entire personnel team and their service. Endless thank yous from The Jackmons!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Kelly & Nate, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so honored to have been a part of your special day and are grateful for your rave review. I so enjoyed the planning process with you and we are so excited your vision came to fruition exactly the way you dreamed! We wish you a very happily ever after:) Ellen and The Pure Joy Team

jenna · Married on 09/17/2016

truly a PURE JOY to work with. Ellen was our planner for our wedding and truly went above and beyond. She talked us through everything and really took into account our needs and wants for our wedding meal. Our guests were raving because it was truly delicious. I appreciate how she made sure myself and husband always had appetizers, a drink in hand, and made sure we actually ate. I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation. They make wedding planning a breeze and worth EVERY penny.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Hi Jenna & Charles, Thank you so much for the kind words, we truly enjoyed the process from the beginning stages to the execution! It was such a fun group and the love and happiness was absolutely palpable. Thank you again for taking the time to send us your gratitude, i will share it with the team and we wish you a very happily ever after! To many years of Pure Joy Ellen & the Pure Joy Team!

Brenda · Married on 07/09/2016

The staff at Pure Joy are professional, responsive and very friendly. Ellen was so helpful to coordinate with from across the country--not an easy task. The food, presentation and service at our daughter's wedding was impeccable! We received so many compliments on both from our guests. Best of all, our daughter said it was the best day of her life and PureJoy was a large part of the reason. It can't get any better than that! I highly recommend PureJoy for any catered event!!!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Hi Brenda! Your words are so kind. Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know what a great experience you had with Pure Joy. It means the world to us! We wish Lauren & Scott a Happily Ever After!

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2016

You get what you pay for! With Pure Joy catering, you know you are going to have the best food, professional service and outstanding experience. There is no better caterer in town.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you Lauren! We put so much work & loving care into your event behind the scenes and its so wonderful that you were happy with it, that's the goal. We are so grateful to you and wish you wonderful memories.

Kelly · Married on 05/29/2016

We LOVED Pure Joy!!! We are total foodies, so our wedding food was one of the most important things to us when planning our wedding. Pure Joy was great to work with from the very beginning – we had an amazing tasting and there were so many delicious options to choose from. The food is very high quality, very fresh, local, and absolutely delicious! Patrick Ward helped with our wedding and did a fabulous job. Instead of a sit down dinner, we did a number of tray-passed appetizers and then some really fun food stations, including a chef-manned bruschetta station, the international cheese, charcuterie, and antipasto station, the raw bar, and the chef-manned seared ahi tuna loin station – all of them were beautifully set up, very fun for our guests, and the food was SO good!!! For dessert, we chose the crème brulee station, which was a hit! It was also so helpful that Pure Joy coordinated all of the rentals. We loved working with them and highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Hello Kelly & Kyle! Wow! All of us at Pure Joy are literally grinning ear to ear from your rave review. Thank you so much for all of your kind words. Your menu really was a delicious one. :) Patrick just went on and on about how kind and sweet you and Kyle are and how lovely it was working with you two. Thank you again and let us know if you ever want to throw an anniversary, birthday party or anything else! We would love to work with you again. Happily Ever After - the Pure Joy Team

Taylor · Married on 10/17/2015

Pure Joy was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! PJ was my top choice from day one, but was slightly over our budget.. we ultimately chose to work w/ them after another (cheaper) local caterer dropped the ball when it came time to setup a contract. And the bottom line with wedding vendors, you get what you pay for! All of my communication with Ellen was incredibly quick and helpful, she answered my million questions without missing a beat, and was incredibly helpful in helping me find ways to cut costs. The invoicing is straightforward too. Just think about your rental budget before you book. If your venue doesn't offer much, your budget will shoot up very quickly!

The service and food on-site were PHENOMENAL! We had the salmon and tri tip, and I swear it was the best tri tip of my life. I am a huge foodie, and I'm telling you, it's a MUST! Go with the Madeira peppercorn sauce on the side... We also had garlic mash, grilled veggies, heirloom tomato salad, and the bountiful cheese tables for cocktail hour. Our guests all absolutely raved about the food!!!

The staff were great, the service was stelkar, and the presentation was beautiful. They even had guests greeted at the start of cocktail hour with trays of drinks to choose from, which everyone loved! I would also highly recommend going with sangria if you can. That was a last minute decision for us, and it was a huge hit!

In summary, I absolutely recommend Pure Joy to any bride! While other caterers will have lower quotes, you get a ton of bang for your buck, and you will not get the same quality or service elsewhere. You'll be grateful you choose them once your big day arrives! :)

Sent on 11/04/2015

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you so much for your very sweet review, Taylor! You were an absolute gem to work with. We love that you ended up coming back to us and it's even more satisfying that you were so pleased. We only want to make your special day a memorable one that is flawless, delicious and full of Pure Joy. Thank you again and we wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness!
  • F

Alexandra · Married on 08/29/2015

Now that the post wedding recovery and our mini-honeymoon is over and we are slowly getting back to our day-to-day married routine, we wanted to thank Pure Joy from the bottom of our hearts for such a beautiful and flawless event they have put together! Everything, from set up and decor to the quality and efficiency of service was executed absolutely perfect! I now see why they are the best in business in SB area!

We continue to receive feedback from our guests on how DELICIOUS the food was - some said it was the best food they've tried at a wedding! They can work with any budget without compromising the quality of food and service, which I found very helpful!

Also, every member of Pure Joy team was such a pleasure to work with from the beginning to the very end! Ellen was extremely responsive and her positive attitude was always very helpful during the last stressfull weeks of our wedding planning! The team on site on our wedding day was phenomenal too! There is not a single thing that we would've changed!

Once again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Pure Joy team!

Your very happy bride and groom, Alexandra and Louis Vasquez

Sent on 09/08/2015

Pure Joy Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute joy working with the both of you throughout the entire process. We wish you a happily ever after!

Katherine · Married on 08/29/2015

Extremely responsiveness and attentive from sale cycle, 1 and a half years of planning, to day of. They go above and beyond. Guests loved the food.