103 Reviews for Pure Joy Catering, Inc

Southern (1)
Vegetarian (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
103 Pure Joy Catering, Inc Reviews

The food is absolutely fabulous! Everyone raved about the freshness of the salad and the tri tip cooked fresh on site. Ellen was totally patient and flexible from the first days of planning right though to the end of the wedding day. This was my third child's wedding, and by far the best!
Hire Pure Joy because the name reflects the experience!
Janice S

Profile Picture Janice, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My mother in law used Pure joy for our rehearsal dinner and they were absolutely phenomenal. Adam was the perfect matre d. He was attentive, but inconspicuous. All of the staff was so nice and helpful. They did a beautiful job with the food and it was so creatively displayed. I highly recommend the avocado bar. Thank you again Pure Joy! We will absolutely use you again.

Profile Picture Alannah, 4/14/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

It has been a little over a week since we got married and we’re on cloud 9 living in wedding bliss. We chose Pure Joy Catering to cater our wedding and it was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. The execution was absolutely flawless, the food was fresh and delicious and they really were Pure Joy. They took the hassle out of planning by managing our rentals and insuring we had everything we needed and provided the most amazing service around. They were quick to respond to any question I had and worked with me to create my dream wedding. I highly recommend them if you want your wedding or event to go off without a hitch. There’s a reason their office walls are full of thank you notes and awards – they’re simply the best in town. And it doesn’t hurt that they cooked the best darn wedding food I’ve ever had! Literally!!! Thank you Pure Joy! Love, The Bennetts

Profile Picture Lynee, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

What a fabulous job the Pure Joy Team did. It was such a pleasure to work with Mr. Patrick Ward and the entire team. I must say - they pulled off a wedding WAY better than I envisioned and it was so amazing and magical. The staff was attentive, professional and extremely helpful during the entire process. A million thanks to Pure Joy for helping to make our special day so beautiful and memorable! Charlotte and Ron Jackson

Profile Picture Charlotte, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot thank the staff at Pure Joy enough for the wonderful job they did catering my daughter Emily's wedding. From the first tasting in Santa Barbara to the last drink served at the end of the night, the service was elegant, responsive, and professional. And the food! All of our guests said that the food was the best tasting menu they had ever eaten at a wedding. Thank you Pure Joy and Ellen Reid!

Profile Picture sarah, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We wanted to create a completely different style of wedding- an outdoor rustic dinner party wedding at Elings Park followed by an amazing indoor neon and pink velvet afterparty at the Maritime Museum. Pure Joy nailed both of our back-to-back events. They captured everything we had in mind and executed every detail to perfection. Needless to say, I had to extend their services by about an hour last minute because everyone was having such a good time and no one was leaving (definition of a successful wedding). The party lasted through almost 5 AM at my house afterwards. We worked with Patrick Ward and Kacey House. They were flawless. Patrick oversaw our event, while Kacey was our day-off coordinator. She is simply the best- I highly recommend asking for her when working with the PJ team. The food was so good I only wish I could have eaten more of it and the services were impeccable. All of guest commented on how good the food was. Our event supervisors were Adam (for the dinner party) and Mike (for the evening After party) and they were superb - they paid close attention to all detail. If you are planning a wedding in Santa Barbara, please just go with the best team in town and avoid hassles, you will be stressed enough as it is.

Profile Picture Nini, 6/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We could not have been happier with the catering Pure Joy provided. From the very beginning they were very accommodating allowing us to personalize our menu. We had a dream of serving Thai Food at our wedding and they made it possible. Everyone was raving about the food! Also, my Husband really wanted to serve a smokes whiskey drink and Pure Joy bought a special smoker for our event, they were smoking the whiskey right there at our wedding and our guests where in awe! Everything was beyond perfect and we can't thank enough for all their hard work!!

Profile Picture Sydney, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

LOOK NO FURTHER!! Pure Joy is pure joy!! Ellen Reid is the bomb dot com! I'm from SB but live in NorCal, so planning my own wedding from afar was not easy, to say the least. Ellen made me feel completely at ease with her competency and attention to detail. Pure Joy walks you through each decision and handles so many aspects of a wedding, I had no idea! Practically a one stop shop! Linens, dinnerware, center pieces, dance floor, chair and table rentals, cake cutting, figuring out the timeline and of course the FOOD!!! Our guests LOVED the food. Not only do they set up an entire kitchen on site but they go to the Farmers Market for all the necessities! They create divinely exquisite dishes that literally melt in your mouth. They truly provide a one-of-a-kind experience! Isn't that what every bride wants!? Worth every single cent!!! AND on the day of your wedding they are there ensuring every detail falls into place. I cannot rave enough about how joyful they made our most special day. We are forever grateful for the entire personnel team and their service. Endless thank yous from The Jackmons!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

truly a PURE JOY to work with. Ellen was our planner for our wedding and truly went above and beyond. She talked us through everything and really took into account our needs and wants for our wedding meal. Our guests were raving because it was truly delicious. I appreciate how she made sure myself and husband always had appetizers, a drink in hand, and made sure we actually ate. I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation. They make wedding planning a breeze and worth EVERY penny.

Profile Picture jenna, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Tables

The staff at Pure Joy are professional, responsive and very friendly. Ellen was so helpful to coordinate with from across the country--not an easy task. The food, presentation and service at our daughter's wedding was impeccable! We received so many compliments on both from our guests. Best of all, our daughter said it was the best day of her life and PureJoy was a large part of the reason. It can't get any better than that! I highly recommend PureJoy for any catered event!!!

Profile Picture Brenda , 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

You get what you pay for! With Pure Joy catering, you know you are going to have the best food, professional service and outstanding experience. There is no better caterer in town.

Profile Picture Lauren , 7/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, American, Gluten Free, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

We LOVED Pure Joy!!! We are total foodies, so our wedding food was one of the most important things to us when planning our wedding. Pure Joy was great to work with from the very beginning – we had an amazing tasting and there were so many delicious options to choose from. The food is very high quality, very fresh, local, and absolutely delicious! Patrick Ward helped with our wedding and did a fabulous job. Instead of a sit down dinner, we did a number of tray-passed appetizers and then some really fun food stations, including a chef-manned bruschetta station, the international cheese, charcuterie, and antipasto station, the raw bar, and the chef-manned seared ahi tuna loin station – all of them were beautifully set up, very fun for our guests, and the food was SO good!!! For dessert, we chose the crème brulee station, which was a hit! It was also so helpful that Pure Joy coordinated all of the rentals. We loved working with them and highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Pure Joy was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! PJ was my top choice from day one, but was slightly over our budget.. we ultimately chose to work w/ them after another (cheaper) local caterer dropped the ball when it came time to setup a contract. And the bottom line with wedding vendors, you get what you pay for! All of my communication with Ellen was incredibly quick and helpful, she answered my million questions without missing a beat, and was incredibly helpful in helping me find ways to cut costs. The invoicing is straightforward too. Just think about your rental budget before you book. If your venue doesn't offer much, your budget will shoot up very quickly!

The service and food on-site were PHENOMENAL! We had the salmon and tri tip, and I swear it was the best tri tip of my life. I am a huge foodie, and I'm telling you, it's a MUST! Go with the Madeira peppercorn sauce on the side... We also had garlic mash, grilled veggies, heirloom tomato salad, and the bountiful cheese tables for cocktail hour. Our guests all absolutely raved about the food!!!

The staff were great, the service was stelkar, and the presentation was beautiful. They even had guests greeted at the start of cocktail hour with trays of drinks to choose from, which everyone loved! I would also highly recommend going with sangria if you can. That was a last minute decision for us, and it was a huge hit!

In summary, I absolutely recommend Pure Joy to any bride! While other caterers will have lower quotes, you get a ton of bang for your buck, and you will not get the same quality or service elsewhere. You'll be grateful you choose them once your big day arrives! :)

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Now that the post wedding recovery and our mini-honeymoon is over and we are slowly getting back to our day-to-day married routine, we wanted to thank Pure Joy from the bottom of our hearts for such a beautiful and flawless event they have put together! Everything, from set up and decor to the quality and efficiency of service was executed absolutely perfect! I now see why they are the best in business in SB area!

We continue to receive feedback from our guests on how DELICIOUS the food was - some said it was the best food they've tried at a wedding! They can work with any budget without compromising the quality of food and service, which I found very helpful!

Also, every member of Pure Joy team was such a pleasure to work with from the beginning to the very end! Ellen was extremely responsive and her positive attitude was always very helpful during the last stressfull weeks of our wedding planning! The team on site on our wedding day was phenomenal too! There is not a single thing that we would've changed!

Once again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Pure Joy team!

Your very happy bride and groom, Alexandra and Louis Vasquez

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/29/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering, Party Supplies

Extremely responsiveness and attentive from sale cycle, 1 and a half years of planning, to day of. They go above and beyond. Guests loved the food.

Profile Picture Katherine, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Pure Joy came highly recommended through our wedding planner as well as our venue and we are SO glad they were!

From our first tasting, we felt that Pure Joy was truly invested in our wedding. They created such an intimate setting for us to taste a variety of their foods and it was such a great experience!

One of the most important pieces in regards to wedding planning was wanting amazing food as we have been to so many weddings and the food was awful!!! Pure Joy exceeded our expectations, the food was incredible and our guests are STILL talking about it!!

Love Pure Joy and their whole team!!!!

Profile Picture Oriana, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I really enjoyed working with Pure Joy! Everybody at Pure Joy is friendly and easy to work with. We had a pretty limited budget and they were really good about working with our budget and being very transparent with us. They coordinated our rentals as well as being our caterer and they did a great job! The food was AWESOME and everyone at our wedding commented on how good the food was! We served our food family style and Pure Joy pulled it off perfectly. They were a joy to work with from beginning to end and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), American, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast

We just got home from our wedding weekend & the first thing I wanted to do was write this review because Pure Joy made our wedding UNBELIEVABLE!

The entire process was a joy from the initial meeting to all the tweaking along the way. We were on a tight budget & didn't know if we could afford it but the food was so amazing we just had to find a way. Patrick is OUTSTANDING! He really listened to us. He helped us splurge where we wanted to and save a little where it wouldn’t be so noticeable. We are foodies and I sat next to my best friend at our table (who is not a foodie) & she couldn’t stop telling me how delicious the food was as she delightfully cleaned her plate :) That brought me so much joy to watch her happiness eating. Many guests came up to tell me how exceptional the food was which just added to the specialness of the evening. I love good food and I enjoy sharing good food with others. My sister cannot stop talking about how incredible the food was. My top two items with the wedding were a gorgeous, outdoor venue (thank you Firestone) and scrumptious food. Thank you Pure Joy for enabling us to have our dream wedding. Although you are in trouble now because you may have ruined salmon for me, I don’t think anyone can make it taste as amazing as Chef Jerry's oven roasted salmon with sun dried tomato & pine nut crust with lemon gremolata. That is an explosion of deliciousness in your mouth.

On top of the food being amazing, the people were fantastic. My wedding planner, Janelle, told me the following day that at the wedding she’d say to Patrick we need to do such & such & Patrick would always answer, “Already done.” A top notch operation. I had no idea how much prep, organization, & coordination was involved in putting on an event & Pure Joy made it seamless. I wish I could do it all over again. May I be so lucky as to be invited to an event that Pure Joy is catering. Pure Joy is a stellar company from start to finish.

Profile Picture David, 6/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Pure Joy catered my son's BBQ rehearsal dinner at the beautiful courtyard at the Unitarian Society in Santa Barbara. The menu prepared and served by Pure Joy was absolutely delicious and it continues to receive rave reviews from all 90 of our guests. Planning a CA event from the east coast was no easy task, but with the help of these professionals it was a piece of cake! Many thanks to Alizabeth, Ellen, Adam and the staff for a most memorable evening.

Profile Picture Diane, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Pure Joy catered our wedding which was held in Santa Barbara, CA on January 13, 2015. We couldn't have been happier with what they provided....from amazing food, to the rentals, to decorations, and wonderful service. We had two planning meetings and a number of emails back and forth prior to our wedding to make sure that all the details were in place...and they were amazing. Friends and family say it was the best wedding they had ever been too...we are so grateful.

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Pure Joy made our wedding day even more special than we imagined it would be. The attention to detail of Ellen and her team was impeccable. They set everything up at the ceremony site, cocktail hour, and dinner exactly how I envisioned it to be, and the service by the staff was second to none. There are so many companies cutting corners nowadays to save money, but Pure Joy was nothing less than top notch in their presentation. We still have rave reviews from our guests about the quality of the food. To top it all off, we received a gift from them for our wedding day. That's unheard of! Thank you to everyone at Pure Joy for making my day everything that I hoped it would be and so much more.

Profile Picture Michelle, 12/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

I have worked with this Vendor for over 12 yrs. Always responsible, always professional, gives 100% service and more if discussed prior to event.

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Pure Joy team was absolutely wonderful to work with! We worked most closely with Patrick, and he was extraordinarily responsive, professional, and organized throughout the entire wedding/meal planning process. Our guests could not stop raving about the food, and we got so many compliments on the service style we ended up choosing (family style is AWESOME...do it!). Guests were presented with a watermelon, goat cheese, and arugula plated salad (the most refreshing salad and perfect for a hot summer day!), and then were able pass around gorgeous platters of portobella mushroom raviolli, tri-tip with peppercorn sauce, grilled salmon with sun dried tomato and pine nut crust (my personal favorite), and grilled vegetables. It was so nice to let guests try all of the delicious options. Everything was wonderful -- so happy with our decision to work with Pure Joy! Thank you Patrick :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Best decision we made. Pure Joy was awesome! Our guests at our daughters wedding were going out of their way to tell us how delicious the food was. We chose to serve the shakes and buns ( little burgers with all the trimmings and mini milk shakes ) coconut shrimp, ceviche in a shot glass, and the quesadillas with caramelized onions. Dinner was chicken provencal, tritip with peppercorn sauce, garlic mashed potato, truffled mac&cheese, kale salad, and a watermelon, arugula and goat cheese salad. AMAZING! We were craving more food of it the next day.
In addition, the staff was excellent, accommodating friendly and very professional. They hired the bartender for us as well. He was so fun and made great cocktails the whole night. We will use this catering company again any opportunity we get.

Profile Picture Claudia, 8/9/14, 6 Reviews