Puerto Rico Destination Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Happy
    Happy B. Getting married on 10/02/2022

the BEST option in Puerto Rico!

Ashley & the entire team were wonderful. We are PR residents but wanted a streamlined and stress free elopement during the pandemic. This company provided it! I loved my hair and make up - the artist was straightforward, attentive and listened to what I wanted. Not only did I look great, but I also looked like "me." The photographer and videographer were very professional and laidback so it was easy to relax for photos. If you can, splurge on the drone footage! It is well worth it! Ashley's ceremony was the perfect length, it was appropriately personal and intimate. I love that they are a one-stop-shop, are confident in their process, timely, friendly - they've got a strong & established business. The entire process was excellent - you won't find a better company.
  • Melina
    Melina F. Married on 04/19/2022

David & Melina Fuentes Wedding

Ashley and Joanna did an amazing job for our wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony. David and I are very thankful. At first I was hesitant, scared and didn't know what to expect, but PR Destination Wedding really came through. I would recommend them for anyone who wants to have a Destination wedding. The process was very easy. The pictures and video just blew us away. Thanks you guys for making our day special and awesome.
    Jennifer B. Married on 03/07/2022

Amazing beach wedding experience!

I couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out! And the photos and video are amazing! We were married at Playa Princesa, and it was gorgeous. Joanna was great to work with and we are grateful she was able to jump through the hoops to make sure our wedding was legal. Very glad we went with PR Destination Weddings!
    Katrina D. Married on 02/02/2022

Elopement of our dreams

he team at Puerto Rico Destination weddings were absolutely amazing for our Elopement ceremony at Guajataca Tunnel. Every detail- from the email/call communications with Joanna, Ashley and Christina, Lulu with hair and makeup, Angel and Willy with videography and photography! We are blown away!
    The team made the planning process a breeze! Simple, clear communication was provided for what we needed to have the ceremony be a legal ceremony, and we received our marriage license in record time!
    Lulu was prompt and efficient with her time! Doing hair and makeup for two brides before 8am is no small feat- and I think she knocked it out of the ballpark.
    Willy and Angel provided perfect direction for us to make our photos and video turn out very natural and fun! (If you are debating on getting the video footage- do it, it's worth every penny). We have had so many compliments on our photos and the vibrancy of them!
    And Joanna- my gosh, her words during our ceremony were absolutely breath taking (almost like she's known us for years). She also allowed us to be in the moment and together in such an intimate piece of time. Standing in a field together and it felt like there wasn't anyone around for miles.

All in all we would not have changed a thing about our wedding day. Thank you to the team!
  • Sara
    Sara C. Married on 01/14/2022

The wedding of my dreams.

We loved our elopement, just the two of us. Me and my husband connected on another level and I don’t think we could have done that with an audience. We would do it a thousand times over!
    Ashley, our wedding officiant, is such a beautiful spirit and made an excellent team with the photographer Angel who takes amazing pictures! Just wow!
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 01/14/2022

Very Friendly and Professional

Great experience! Beautiful pictures! Staff are all very friendly.
    Anna Married on 01/11/2022

Amazing. They go above and beyond.

The entire team was excellent. They made everything easy for us, we’re very professional, and very kind. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding, photos, and video!
  • Jonita
    Jonita K. Married on 11/29/2021

Jonita & Juan’s Wedding

Having a wedding ceremony was just out of the question for me - growing up in rural Alaska was rough and celebrating anything, always ended in a disaster, so it is absolutely hard for me to welcome or celebrate anything. But for my husband, he is the perfect balance because he LOVES and welcomes every new experience. The only thing that matters to me are my children and the Puerto Rico Destination Wedding team made this day extra special for my entire family. The photos and the video were shared in my social media and everyone was so happy for us. Joanna, Ashley, and the rest of the team, thank you so much for giving me one of the best experiences of my life. Totally worth every penny. I had no idea how weddings worked or what to expect and Joanna and Ashley just took in all the information they could and made it into an unforgettable day. I feel like I've found my happily ever after and Puerto Rico Destination Wedding not only enhanced the celebration of our love, but created a masterpiece for my family. You all will always have a special place in my heart. I hope to renew our vows someday with you
    Brandi H. Married on 11/26/2021

Our Elopement

If you’re looking to get married in Puerto Rico, PR Destinations is the way to go. From the very beginning, they were very good at communicating and making sure you got all the information that you needed. I had so many questions and they never hesitated at answering them. My husband and I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect elopement. A big thank you to everyone who was involved in our big day!!
  • Lauryn
    Lauryn M. Married on 10/20/2021

Amazing team with great response time

To start, I didn't have my elopement with this company. However, if my location was closer to them I 10000% would have. I had many problems while planning my wedding at a hotel hotel canceled the whole thing on a whim and planned an elopement. From the multiple times I changed my plans and reached out to them, they were always so willing and ready to help us plan our perfect day. Each time I was greeted with excitement and recommendations. If you're thinking about booking with them, do it! The package deals are a steal if you're a bride wanting to do minimum work.
  • Ivy
    Ivy S. Married on 10/09/2021

Best. Freaking. Day. Ever.

If you're currently planning a wedding, you know better than anyone that, for whatever reason, everyone in your life chooses NOW to be an unbearable nuisance. That is amplified 10 fold when you only give your guests 60 days to plan a trip from Maryland to Puerto Rico for an elopement! The only people in this world that didn't make me want to murder everything and everyone were my husband and the incredible team of people at PR Destintaion Weddings.
    My husband and I got engaged in December of 2019. As you all know, shortly after that, the world exploded. We would start to plan the wedding here and there but decided we would wait out the storm to really start planning our wedding. However, that storm never really let up. After almost 2 years of being engaged, we were tired of not being married to one another. We decided that we would find a flight to Puerto Rico and plan everything else around that. I stumped upon PR Destination Weddings and was immediately relieved that all I had to do was show up. Afterall, I really just wanted to be married to my boo.

PR Destination Weddings allowed me to focus on what was truly important the day of our wedding: getting married to my King. Sunflowers are incredibly important to me and when I say the whole ground was covered in them, they were COVERED. Everything was perfect, even down to their rescue dog who wore a matching sunflower ribbon around her neck.
    Your wedding day is always going to be stressful. No matter what you do, even if it's a small ceremony, there are going to be hiccups and bumps. But, if you want to get married, feel like a queen (or king!), get BOMB photos, and share a truly magical and unforgettable day with your loved one, PR Destination Weddings is for you. I couldn't have dreamed of a better ceremony myself.
    Thank you PR Destination Weddings for giving me the best day of my life. Everyone go get married there! And if you're single, marry yourself! I don't care just get your butt over there!
  • Maria
    Maria T. Married on 09/23/2021

AMAZING experience

I want to thank Joanna, Ashley and all the Puerto Rico Destination Weddings team for making this day unforgettable! Everything was beautifully done, our family and us were stunned by how perfect our ceremony was. The best part: This company is super easy to work with, they are professional, responsive, and they literally take care of everything which was a huge concern when I was searching for wedding planners, but I found them and I was able to plan such a beautiful wedding from Chicago. Thank you!
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte J. Married on 08/05/2021

They were Extremely responsive and professional. Ashley also works well under pressure and I couldn’t as for anyone else better!

Our experience was the best and you guys pulled it off with ease with such a short notice! I couldn’t have dreamed of a better wedding or person to perform it! Angel was wonderful and the horse experience was so unexpected and I loooooved it.. Please don’t let me leave out Victor the limo driver! So pleasant and such a gentleman! We got home and we were the talk of the city! Thanks again for all that you and your staff did to make our day special in such a short notice and I do mean short notice! Thanks Ashley
  • Erika
    Erika N. Married on 06/25/2021

Zero stress - all the love

Johanna and Ashley and the rest of their team were incredibly responsive with every concern I had everything was taken care of for us all we had to do was show up and smile, if I can do some thing all over again I would probably do my wedding during the morning hours since apparently it always rains at 4:30 PM in Puerto Rico but other than that everything came out perfect
  • Marissa
    Marissa L. Married on 04/21/2021

Dream Wedding

We had an absolute amazing wedding at the best location (Puerto Hermina). There is no way we could have planned this out without the help of Puerto Rico Destination Weddings. It went so smooth and now we have memories to last a lifetime.
  • Allison
    Allison A. Married on 04/20/2021

Book Puerto Rico Destination Weddings NOW!!!

I wish I had the right words to explain how amazing working with Ashley and her team at PR Destination wedding was. When my now husband and I got engaged in 2018 and decided to get married in Puerto Rico so his family could be present, we knew we did not want a traditional wedding. By searching online I stumbled upon Ashley and PR Destination Weddings (at that time she did not have the Hacienda or I would have booked her for everything, you should book her for EVERYTHING trust me!) I reached out to Ashley with some questions and she was quick to respond with all the information I needed and I booked her for our 2020 wedding. In early 2019 due to personal issues we had to postpone our date to 2021, which was no issue for Ashley and a blessing in disguise as 2020 turned into the year of COVID. Even as our date in 2021 approached, I was concerned about COVID restrictions on the Island. Ashley was reassuring and calming to us in her emails. Throughout the changing landscape, Ashley and her team changed plans along with us. When our venue needed to change the hours of our reception due to curfews on the Island, Ashely and her team had no issues in accommodating us and changing the time frame of our day. Ashley arranged for our makeup artist to come to our hotel and help get my bridal party and myself all glammed up for our day. Nina was amazing to work with, I am not a huge makeup fan and Nina did a great job making me feel absolutely beautiful for the big day. Ashley also arranged our Angel, or beyond incredible photographer to come to the hotel for photos of us getting ready. Angel also spent the entire day with us until the end of our reception and was beyond a pleasure to work with. Our photos are so stunning, I can't even put into words. ( I worked in the wedding photography industry for over 17 years and my photos are some of the best I have ever seen, and I am not being biased. We are blessed to have had Angel working with us) The team at PRDW set up a beautiful space for our wedding at the Ruins in Aguadilla and our guests were blown away with it's beauty. For our ceremony, I wanted my Jewish background to be present as well as my husbands Puerto Rican background. Ashley was able to merge the Jewish traditions I wanted along with Taino elements for a truly unique and special ceremony. Our families and friends were stunned with how perfect everything was. Ashley and her team hit it out of the park with our wedding. It was a perfect day from start to finish and it would not have been possible with out PRDW!! Ashley, you are a wonder woman and we are still talking about what a perfect day it was. We could not be happier. I know everyone thinks their wedding is the best, but I know with certainty (and some jealous remarks from my friends) that our day wedding truly was the best and it was all possible because of PRDW! Thank you just doesn't seem like enough, but Thank you Ashley and team. It's apparent you all love what you do and because of that we had the more perfect day.
  • Nicole
    Nicole R. Married on 02/10/2021

AMAZING and took the stress out of planning. We were actually excited for our intimate elopement!

Ashley and her team were amazing to work with! After cancelling 3 times due to the pandemic, we decided to celebrate with a destination elopement instead. Ashley made planning super easy and was available via text & email, which was super convenient. She helped take care of all the necessary paperwork and made the process super easy and stress free- which was much needed and appreciated during this crazy time! The ceremony she wrote for us was stunning, and written as if she had known us for years. Our photos are breathtaking and I am so happy we added the videography package to relive our day for years to come. We highly recommend PR Destination Weddings!
  • Heather & Eric
    Heather Married on 01/01/2021
    I contacted Ashley about two weeks before we got married. I realized our wedding planning was getting over the top and away from the small, simple wedding I wanted. So, we decided to elope with just a few of our friends! Ashley provided detailed information on how to complete the paperwork (if you are wanting to have a puerto rico marriage license) and she was flexible with us. We literally picked out the exact spot on the beach where we wanted to exchange vows on our wedding day. She also has a florist that was able to get boutonnieres and a bouquet for us. Ashley's words during our ceremony were amazing, she put everything together that we had told her about us and created a memorable ceremony for us, which is all that was important to us.
  • Ashley
    Ashley G. Married on 10/16/2020

Incredible!!

I highly recommend! Everything was so easy and Ashley was so accommodating, especially to me(the indecisive bride!) We had a last minute venue change so I could accommodate my family and friends easier to join our celebration! Not only was Ashley so kind and understanding, she picked the most beautiful location as a substitute! We are still so mind blown how amazing the whole experience was!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 08/20/2020

Destination micro wedding

So happy to have found Puerto Rico Destination Weddings. Not having a clue where to start, they walked me step by step and helped me to organize our documents and details for our special day. They took off all the stress from having to plan from the states and through covid restrictions. They were also extremely flexible. Their site, el vagón, made the perfect location with spectacular views, rustic style, and dreamy ambiance. Ashley’s words during the ceremony were beautiful and I couldn’t have asked for a better day.
    Sarah Y. Married on 07/07/2020

Perfection!

Ashley and her team are responsive and will strive to make your wedding even better than what you thought it could be. The ceremony was intimate and personal, the location gorgeous. Our photos are incredibly romantic and creative. So thankful we used them for our 2020 wedding.
  • Cori
    Coral C. Married on 03/28/2020

Amazing Experience!

Working with Ashley and her team was easy. Communication was prompt and they were flexible and considerate of our requests. I am grateful we found them because everything was special... from the decor, to the photographs and the video to the words she spoke during the ceremony... all of it! I can strongly say, they go above and beyond for their customers. Thank you for an amazing experience!
  • Sam
    Sam Married on 03/13/2020

Fantastic experience

Ashley and her team did a great job. The communication was very easy beforehand, and we were prepared for all we had to do to get the documents we needed in PR. We are from Ohio, and she walked us through each step needed to legally get married in paradise. Her photographer and hairdresser did a fantastic job. We are very happy with the photos. There were over 200 taken with all angles of the wedding covered. We are able to print out any moment we want from the day. Ashley did a great job giving us suggestions on the ceremony and location for the wedding while not pressuring us to take her suggestions if we had other ideas. The team was punctual and timely - we had our photos within a week. If you wash to get married in PR, call Ashley.
  • Joseph
    Joseph S. Married on 03/01/2020

Stress-Free and Perfect

We decided to get married a couple of months before we left for Puerto Rico for the holidays, we hadn’t planned very much, and we knew we wanted things simple and stress free. Ashley was so flexible and understanding. She performed a beautiful ceremony that perfectly suited our lifestyle and relationship and smiled through our disorganization and family chaos. We were so impressed with how easy she made the business end of things. We were truly able to just enjoy the day and those after.
  • Angela
    Angela R. Married on 02/20/2020

Amazing team, Incredible skills and service!

To anyone looking for an AMAZING TEAM on their wedding day, please contact PRDW! My husband and I were searching for the perfect destination wedding spot and came across Ashley and her team! I had a bunch of questions and left a very long email in hopes they would respond with most of the questions I had.. no. Ashley responded within minutes to my email and gave me her cell phone number for an even quicker response! The entire team is very helpful and amazing at what they do, but most importantly, SO MUCH FUN!!! Ashley, words will not be able to express my gratitude for what your team did for us on our big day!! Many, many thanks! And to Angel, our photographer and Marquez, the videographer.. the masterpieces you guys have given us.. truly incredible!