Public Opinions Soundstage Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

1 User photo

Claire G. Married on 06/19/2021

Kevin is amazing!

I've never seen a more patient man in my life. Kevin met with my fiance and I twice prior to the wedding itself to get to know us, review schedules, itineraries, etc etc. I also loved being able to build my own playlist for the event. And he took such good care of us, kept things moving, and was so thoughtful. Perfect wedding DJ!!!
    Melanie D. Married on 08/07/2020

Matt and Sydney Ockey - Wedding Dinner & Wedding Reception

Garrett and Kevin of PUBLIC OPINIONS SOUNDSTAGE did a totally AWESOME job assisting us to host our magical wedding weekend! We enlisted their services for BOTH our wedding dinner AND our wedding reception. The wedding dinner event was on Fri July 19 - they arrived promptly at the appointed time to set up their equipment in the backyard of the groom's home - they provided background music for this outdoor event as the 120 guests arrived and mingled and seated - following the dinner they moved around through the guest tables providing the microphone to each guest who chose to stand and offer a tribute to the wedding couple - it was so valuable to have the microphone provided for each guest who was speaking so they could be heard and not a single detail of their tribute message was missed - we appreciated being able to just relax and enjoy this special evening while Garrett and Kevin attended to all the details. The next day on Sat July 20 they arrived promptly at the reception venue to again set up their equipment - when the wedding party arrived following the ceremony we were welcomed by their music and found ALL the details we had outlined in our preparation meeting were completed - Garrett emceed our reception event announcing timing and details as they unfolded: cake cutting, bouquet toss, dancing, sparkler sendoff. EVERY detail was managed professionally and according to our predetermined plan - it was a perfectly magical wedding weekend! We are so grateful to Garrett and Kevin for their contribution as the thread that tied everything together - they were attending to look after and execute all the details so we as the wedding party could just relax enjoy and soak in the memories of the moment with our guests!
    I would highly recommend PUBLIC OPINIONS SOUNDSTAGE for your upcoming event -
    Melanie Durrant
  • Megan
    Megan D. Married on 05/22/2020

We danced seriously all night!

We had Public Opinions Soundstage DJ our wedding and it was a great experience! They helped us with our schedule, but let us do our own thing and dance all night! We would seriously recommend our DJ to anyone looking!
    Kim P. Married on 08/17/2019

Setting a fun tone for a wedding reception!

Hiring Public Opinions Sound Stage is among the best vendor choices you can make while wedding planning. From romantic ceremonies to wild dance parties, they are so easy to work with. Having a professional work the music, sound system, and act as the emcee throughout the day is something that shouldn’t be overlooked. It creates a stress free environment where the couple and families can just enjoy the moment. Public Opinions Sound Stage creates the best dance parties with fun lighting by allowing the bride and groom to create the playlist, and by going over all details at the venue beforehand. Every bride should have public Opinion Sound Stage be part of her big day!
    Bill R. Married on 07/27/2019

Professional

Exceeded our expectations, great music choices and did a send off not originally planned. Very flexible.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn B. Married on 07/13/2019

Professional, Accommodating, fun!

Public Opinions Soundstage was such a great DJ! Kevin was super helpful in meeting with us to discuss exactly what we wanted. He offered great suggestions based on experience. On the wedding day the 2 DJ's that were there were so great! They were professional and everything went so smoothly! They played all of the music that we wanted. They let us know what was coming next and made sure we were ready. Microphones and speakers were setup so our outdoor mountain wedding was perfect! Highly recommend!
    Andy Married on 02/23/2019

Awesome, professional, attentive!

Extremely professional, attentive, and flexible to our needs as we had a winter wedding we had a number of things that needed to adapt on the fly due to the weather conditions. They did an amazing job pulling it all together and staying on top of our needs throughout the evening.
    Heather Married on 08/18/2018
    Took plenty of time to chat before the wedding to make sure it was exactly as we wanted. They helped us throw a great party!
    Lauren Married on 07/07/2018
    Kevin was so great and helpful throughout the entire process; they really helped to make both our ceremony and reception run so smoothly. We really appreciated having them be such a great help on our special day!
    K Married on 06/09/2018
    Kevin was a great DJ and we are so glad that we hired him for our wedding. Leading up to our day, he met with us and talked to us about the different types of songs and playlists for the wedding. We had asked out guests to pick a song they would like to hear at the reception and he played all of them, which was really awesome. He also was very helpful when we were discussing speeches and the order of the events. He also played a ton of songs that really got everyone involved for the dancing. All throughout the night, guests were telling my husband and I how awesome the DJ was and how they really enjoyed all the songs they played. Kevin is great to work with and we really enjoyed everything that he did for us. We will definitely recommend him to all of our other friends that need any type of DJ services in the future.
    Liz Married on 06/02/2018
    We found Public Opinions Soundstage at a Bridal fair when my oldest daughter got married in 2016. Garrett and Kevin were fun and attentive through the entire process of planning. They were supportive of letting us pick the playlist. They were great at incorporating the secret flashmob surprise we planned. I love their quick wit and positive attitudes! They wanted our party to be fun and understand that it is part of their job to make it happen!
    Because of the great experience we had, we used them again when my second oldest daughter got married in 2017! Same great service and attention to detail! We love that they are patient when they interact with guests as guests seem to have questions - the first people they would ask was the DJ :)
    Keeping up with a yearly tradition, we used them for my retirement party in 2018. It was a different kind of party as it wasn't a wedding, so we were worried if we could get people to dance! I appreciated that I got to choose the playlist. After teaching dance for 20 years, I had a lot of songs that were important. Garrett took the time to announce info I had provided about the songs and what they meant to the guests. So many people complimented on how fun the music and the dance floor were.
    I appreciate the professionalism of Public Opinions Soundstage! They recognize that the events they work are important to customer and they do everything they can to make it a positive experience. I plan to use Public Opinions for future DJ needs!
    Allison Married on 02/10/2018
    Kevin was great with helping us come up with a timeline for our wedding reception and directing the flow of the night. We were able to choose the songs we wanted played and what songs we did not want at all. They're really adaptable to what you want for your event!
    Jami Married on 01/01/2018
    I used Public Opinions Sound for my daughters 16th birthday party. They were great at finding the perfect music to keep both the teenagers and the mom happy!
    Jane Married on 12/29/2017
    Even the reception center commented at how wonderful you were to work with! I love every minute of the music! We had many guests comment that you were so informative as to why traditions are in place! Thank you for making Madison's evening wonderful!!!
    Trish Married on 11/17/2017
    I have used Public Opinions for dances and corporate events - they don't disappoint! Very accommodating! I recommend them for any event you have.
    Hannah Married on 11/10/2017
    They were awesome! They were amazing!! At one point during the reception we had forgotten to get bubbles for the send off and Kevin volunteered to have one of his guys go out and get some for us. They were so accommodating and professional I would seriously recommend them to anyone.
    Carisa Married on 10/13/2017
    These dudes really know what they're doing! They were so great to work with and had everything covered, from lighting to the shoe game questions to the bubble sendoff! Would definitely hire again!
    Seth Married on 10/12/2017
    They caitered to our every need and made the entire expierence memorable!!!
    Alex Married on 09/30/2017
    Kevin made our event one of a kind! Everyone has an amazing night. Great service and great value. Would definitely use again in the future.
    Leila Married on 07/01/2017
    Kevin was so helpful and seriously made our day so special. He gave us great pointers and advice. Very professional and courteous. He is highly recommended from us!!! Thank you!!
    Shannah Married on 08/06/2016
    Kevin and Garret were both awesome. They are so attentive and help your vision come to life. They helped my dream wedding become a reality, and they kept everyone on the dance floor.
    Pam Married on 07/30/2016
    Public Opinions Soundstage provided excellent service. They were professional and easy to work with. The setup happened unobtrusively behind the scenes. The sound quality was excellent, for both the outdoor ceremony and the indoor reception. They have an endless music inventory ( so provide a playlist of your must-haves!). And the bubble send-off for the bride and groom was a delightful end to the evening.
    Shanel Married on 05/11/2016
    They did an amazing job and made it so I didn't have to think about running the show or the music.
    Rebecca Married on 03/05/2016
    We had our wedding at the Draper Cactus & Tropicals, I had seen Public Opinions there before at a bridal show a couple of years ago and I thought their set up was great. When we actually booked the venue, I asked for a vendors list and they were on it. I reached out to them for a quote and Kevin gave us a good deal for the time that we needed a DJ, they also had the ability for a sparkler exit. Kevin was very patient with me, I had a lot of questions and I changed the music list about four times. When we first sat down for the consultation, I was not sure what to expect and I had been writing questions down for weeks. Kevin shared his experience with some of my questions and it helped make some of the decisions a little easier. After the consultation, I worked on a program and a play list. That was tough, because music kept popping in my head and you have so many options but limited all at the same time especially since you can really only play about 20-25 songs in a hour. Kevin helped with the program and did his best to keep me on time, because when it is your day and there are a lot of people wanting to see you and give congratulations, it is really easy for time to get away from you. I honestly could not have done it without him. They were accommodating and all of my guests had a great time, the music kept flowing and I am glad that he was there to keep that part moving. We would hire him again for another event in the future. Great job, thank you!
    Cindy Married on 02/04/2016
    Extremely affordable and they know exactly what they are doing. They listen and accommodate to exactly what you want as well. Highly recommended.