Providence Divine Cakes & Pastries Reviews

61 | York, PA

61 Reviews for Providence Divine Cakes & Pastries

1 User photo

Cake was great and affordable. Black Raspberry!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Jaime · Married on 05/26/2012

Beautiful and soo yummy. Most delicious cake/cupcakes I have ever had! Still hearing from our guests about the amaaaazing cupcakes! Highly recommend. Cannot wait for our first anniversary cake :)

Sent on 09/17/2012

Josiane · Married on 04/21/2012

My cake turned out exactly like it was a copy of the one in the picture I provided to the bakery. All the colors looked great and the taste was the most tasteful I have had in Wedding cakes. Everyone loved our Wedding cake at our reception. Still getting great comments from my guests on the wedding cake :)
    Thank you Providence Divine cakes for the most wonderful service and tasteful cake we had on our wedding day!

Josiane & James

Sent on 06/11/2012
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 09/10/2011

If I were able to rate Providence higher than a 5.0 I would. They were wonderful to work with. The quality of food there is always top notch and the service and attentiveness of selecting our wedding cake was nothing less than the same. Providence (the owner) sat down with us and worked through exactly what we wanted. It was very stress free and she was wonderful to work with. After that meeting, we never had to talk to them again. They delivered exactly what we wanted with no issues. The cake was absolutely gorgous and tasted amazing. It was a red velvet cake with a butter cream icing. I can't wait to have it again at our one year anniversary. My husband and I both felt that we got an extremely good deal for what we paid. I would highly recommend Providence for your wedding cake needs or any other special event. Their food is amazing!!!

Sent on 09/29/2011

Tracy · Married on 08/20/2011

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Providence. The cakes are to die for and they have so many different flavors it was hard to choose from. We had a 3 layer cake and every layer was a different flavor. All layers were delicious and moist. Blueberry lemon with fresh blueberries, Tandycake & Lemon Raspberry. I cant wait to go back and order more cakes from her as she is a true genius! I provided a vision of what I wanted with gum paste orchids and she made them look so great everyone thought they were real! Amazing is all I have to say!!!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Kate · Married on 09/25/2010

Providence cakes are simply the best! I've been to a number of weddings over the summer, so I've had a lot of wedding cake recently... I could definitely tell the difference between a Providence cake and other cakes. At every wedding with a Providence cake, all the guests are talking about it. They are the most beautiful, most professional, and best tasting cakes of them all.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Janell · Married on 09/18/2010

WE LOVE PROVIDENCE!
    We had no problem deciding on who was going to make our wedding cake. We had been getting cakes from her for many occasions and have always been more than happy. The cake was made exactly what we wanted. We got so many compliments.

Sent on 10/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/12/2008

Prov's cakes are AMAZING. Anyone in the area should definitely consider her. When I was choosing my baker, her name was always the first out of everyones' mouths.

Sent on 08/08/2008

Lauren · Married on 06/14/2008

Providence came as a word-of-mouth recommendation from a few sources, mainly women who worked with my mom. She was wonderful to work with, a great value and the cake was astounding. She readily welcomed my mother, grandmother and me into her home for a cake taste-testing (hubby was sick and will forever regret being unable to make it) and then discussed TONS of ideas with us before settling on the right one. She's very patient and does a wonderful job: people actually ate our wedding cake. Try the white cake with strawberry filling (real strawberries!!).

Sent on 07/30/2008

Katie · Married on 09/21/2013

I used Providence for my wedding cake, and also for some assorted pastries that we served later in the reception.

We got a four tiered cake made of the strawberries and cream cake. It was, by far, the most delicious wedding cake I have ever had. Our guests kept telling us how much they loved the cake. The cake was so delicious that, whenever my parents were in the area of the bakery during the months before the wedding, they would come up with an excuse to go to the bakery to pick up a small cake to take home.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars for flexibility is that she will only take tasting appointments on Mondays during business hours. My husband and I live in Pittsburgh and could not take off work to attend the tasting. However, when we told Providence that we couldn't come in for it, she asked us when we would be in town on a weekend, and prepared a box with four little cakes of our choice that we could take with us to try. After that, I told my mom exactly how I wanted the cake to look, and she went in on a Monday and explained it to her. We got exactly what we wanted, the cake was beautiful and looked just how I wanted it to look.

We also ordered fruit tarts, brownies, and macarons for later in the reception. I only got to eat the fruit tart, but it was delicious, and everyone raved about the other goodies as well.

All in all, I am thrilled with how my cake and the treats turned out.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Mallory · Married on 06/09/2012

Our cake was so delicious and lovely -- everyone raved about it! I'd make the hour drive from my home anytime to get another taste of their awesome work.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Cake was absolutely delicious and exactly what we wanted. The delivery was a little pricey and they were also unable to do a shape cake for my grooms cake, but the product we ordered and received was flawless.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2014

We were very please with our baker. Our cake turned out gorgeous and tasted amazing! Most of the contact was in person or over the phone because they weren't great with keeping up with emails. Didn't cause too much trouble, but just be aware of this.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2013

I ordered my 3 tier wedding cake from Providence and I couldn't have been happier. Since our first taste testing we have ordered cakes 3 different times since, we just can't get enough of the cakes. There is a large variety to choose from, all very delicious. The cake looked exactly how I envisioned it. I would definitely recommend Providence!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Amy · Married on 09/18/2010

Providence replicated a photo that we brought to the tasting for our wedding. She did a wonderful job and the cake was moist and flavorful, even the fondant tasted good! We had lots of leftover cake as well because the cake was so big. I would definitely recommend her and have confidence in her abilities to not only make a cake look beautiful but to taste delicious as well. My only advice to her would be to make a website!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Molly · Married on 05/21/2010

Providence Spotts is a truly gifted baker and such a visionary! She helped me decide on a cake that really let my and my groom's playful personalities show:) I decided on a cupcake tower with vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with a 8" round red velvet cake on top. You'd think these are pretty basic flavors but the taste of each blew us all away!! Not just ultra-sweet and sugary, but you really tasted the vanilla, the chocolate and the cocoa of the red velvet. We also order 5 desserts from her as well for our dessert table and they were just to die for! Each looked like a work of art to the point that you almost didn't want to eat it, but rather just admire! But needless to say, they were a crowd pleaser and went very quickly at the reception. We were amazed at the selection of desserts she offers outside of her extensive wedding cake flavors. I'd would recommend her for any special occasion. I ordered a chocolate peanut butter cake from her for my bridal shower as well. What an indulgent treat!! I have a bad feeling that most couples just order their special occasion and wedding cakes from the grocery store, but for the same price Providence is much much better and can't be beat:)

Sent on 08/29/2010

Joshua · Married on 06/20/2014

We had a great feeling after our first meeting and tasting with Providence. Shortly after we chose them for our wedding cake. Our cake was fairly complex, with 4 different flavors (just had to choose since we loved them all) and 4 tiers. There was just two of the layers that were switched from what we discussed in our meeting which is the only reason for our quality of service rating. Overall the cake was still absolutely beautiful and amazingly delicious. The cake was very moist and everyone loved it! We were mostly sold by the fact that you no longer had to freeze the topper and save it for the one year anniversary. Providence offered, with a month notice, a fresh new cake for our one year anniversary! She even delivered the cake to our location free of charge. We would highly recommend and definitely use them again for our next event!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Kasey · Married on 10/22/2016

I must admit that I was hesitant to choose Providence to make our wedding cake because of previous reviews. In the end, everything turned out perfect! The cake was exquisite, exactly what I envisioned. We live in Miami, FL and planning a wedding from so far away was very difficult. I had to send photos of what I wanted to a cell phone number. Just wish she had an e-mail address. There we a few things that we discussed for the cake inwhich a follow up phone call would have been nice. But, the staff was always helpful when I called. The cake itself was delicious, our guests raved about the cake.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Tracey · Married on 09/27/2013

Providence divine makes the absolute best cake hands down!! My husband and I ate all of our cake leftovers after the wedding and wanted more! The cake was also beautiful and the staff were super helpful when we were deciding on a design

Sent on 01/07/2014

Jacqi · Married on 07/10/2010

Our cake was gorgeous and delicious. At our tasting meeting, I gave her a magazine clipping of a cake I loved, and she replicated it. The piping was wonderful. The really great thing about her cakes are the taste! We got the raspberry chambord flavor, and we got a lot of compliments on it at our wedding. I can't wait for our 1-year anniversary cake!!

Sent on 08/05/2010

Meagan · Married on 07/21/2012

We used Providence Divine Cakes because it was included in our package at the Yorktowne Hotel. It didn't matter much to me at the time because I'm really not a huge cake person. But after the tasting, we actually had a hard time choosing because everything was so incredibly good! She really has a nice variety to choose from. We ended up picking ricotta for some of the tiers (which I've never even heard of for a cake but wow it was yummy) and amaretto with raspberry filling for the others. We kept the design pretty classic and simple and had her make two of the tiers taller to look like the shape of a top hat. We were very pleased with the results and received tons of compliments from our guests! Can't wait to break into our top tier this July!

Sent on 04/18/2013
  • jry221

Jenna · Married on 07/01/2017

3.5

My wedding cake was the most delicious wedding cake I've ever eaten. Backstory- I LOVE cake, but I almost never like cake at a wedding. I think it is the fondant! This one was sooooooo good though.
    I requested something unusual and Providence was intrigued and wanted to give it at try. About 10 days before the wedding she did a test and it wasn't quite right. A main problem was that it was missing one of the key ingredients as a filling. Eventually, we got that sorted and by the wedding, we had a perfect and delicious cake on our hands and our guests were raving about it.
    My only complaint is that communication was a bit tricky. The assistants are well trained in quickly professing that Providence is too busy to speak to you and also in arguing that they are right, we are wrong (how could that be?) instead of listening first. The way they keep track of correspondence could use some work, they didn't have the photos we sent through and we had to be super SUPER clear triple checking that they knew what we wanted (luckily we did this or we would have had something totally different).
    All that being said, the final product was excellent, absolutely wonderful, and perhaps they could benefit from an extra hand on deck or one less cake per week or something.

Sent on 07/27/2017

3.5

Our wedding cake from Providence Divine Cakes was absolutely beautiful! Providence and her team did an amazing job bringing my vision to life. In the beginning, I was disappointed that they only offer wedding cake tastings on Mondays between 9a-5p, because I had to miss work and my fiance, who lives out of state, was unable to attend do to his work schedule. Except for this small inconvenience, my experience with Providence Divine Cakes was fantastic!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Taryn · Married on 09/05/2010

3.5

Providence Spotts provides the wedding cakes for the Yorktowne Hotel reception packages. The cakes taste absolutely wonderful!!! They were able to make the exact cake we wanted with 2 different flavors on alternating tiers. My husband even came up with his own flavor mixing different fillings and they made it happen. The cake was on time, perfectly decorated, and very fresh.

My only complaint was that our initial meeting was very rushed. We drove over an hour to get there (were given incorrect directions over the phone by a very rushed woman) and then had about 20 minutes to decide on our cake. We met with the owner who was much more relaxed and customer oriented than the woman behind the counter - but we would have liked more time. They had to leave and deliver a cake so our meeting was kept brief.

Aside from the initial meeting -the quality of the cake and decorating was superb. We even got a replica tier made for my wedding shower. The cakes are one of the best in this area for freshness and taste - our guests ate almost the entire cake, and we took a few slices home (as well as the top tier) because people were asking for more the next day!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Betsy · Married on 07/18/2009

3.0

Providence did a great job. My guests continue to rave about how great that cake was. If you remember to order it, she will make you a fresh 1 year anniversary cake to celebrate that for free! She made the cake exactly as I wanted it. I wanted a specific lacy rose pattern and she did it, no problem, no extra charge! Plus she's just really really fun to work with.

Sent on 08/04/2009