60 Reviews for Providence Divine Cakes & Pastries

Fresh Fruit (2)
Cupcakes (1)
Cake Stands (1)
60 Providence Divine Cakes & Pastries Reviews

For our wedding, we ordered a small cake for us, an assortment of cupcakes, and small desserts for the guests to choose from.

We had many compliments on how delicious everything was. Also, the look of everything was beautiful!

Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was the most delicious wedding cake I've ever eaten. Backstory- I LOVE cake, but I almost never like cake at a wedding. I think it is the fondant! This one was sooooooo good though.
I requested something unusual and Providence was intrigued and wanted to give it at try. About 10 days before the wedding she did a test and it wasn't quite right. A main problem was that it was missing one of the key ingredients as a filling. Eventually, we got that sorted and by the wedding, we had a perfect and delicious cake on our hands and our guests were raving about it.
My only complaint is that communication was a bit tricky. The assistants are well trained in quickly professing that Providence is too busy to speak to you and also in arguing that they are right, we are wrong (how could that be?) instead of listening first. The way they keep track of correspondence could use some work, they didn't have the photos we sent through and we had to be super SUPER clear triple checking that they knew what we wanted (luckily we did this or we would have had something totally different).
All that being said, the final product was excellent, absolutely wonderful, and perhaps they could benefit from an extra hand on deck or one less cake per week or something.

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Providence produced a cake that exactly matched the picture in our minds. It tasted fantastic, and we got a ton of compliments on it. We can't wait to eat it again for our anniversary! Providence's prices were also very reasonable compared to other bakeries we looked at.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 12/17/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

I must admit that I was hesitant to choose Providence to make our wedding cake because of previous reviews. In the end, everything turned out perfect! The cake was exquisite, exactly what I envisioned. We live in Miami, FL and planning a wedding from so far away was very difficult. I had to send photos of what I wanted to a cell phone number. Just wish she had an e-mail address. There we a few things that we discussed for the cake inwhich a follow up phone call would have been nice. But, the staff was always helpful when I called. The cake itself was delicious, our guests raved about the cake.

Profile Picture Kasey , 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Fresh Fruit

Providence is amazing! We were able to go in for a tasting and try the flavors we were interested in. She worked with my florist to add flowers to my cake! Providence cakes are always moist! I love her butter cream frosting!

Profile Picture User5287331, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
1.5

Worst vendor of my wedding experience... We paid for our cake in full when we signed the agreement. When we called with the final count, which was spot on with the agreement, we were told that due to the increased cost of flour and other products we had to pay an additional $100. Then, they were given a window of time to deliver the cake but instead arrived a half hour after the latest time; therefore setting up when our guests were enjoying cocktail hour. That wouldn't be an issue but I had multiple guest tell me how rude they were to them, telling them to "move out of our way" and wearing an old tee shirt with many holes in it (one guest took pictures). Next, the design of the cake was not at all what we chose from her designs. If it didn't match our color scheme we would have thought it was someone else's cake. We also had to move up our cake cutting because of photographer noticed the cake was actually falling apart. Luckily, a friend is a baker and was able to work with our caterers to salvage the cake for pictures. When I returned the rods and plates I asked to speak with Providence and was told she was unavailable. They wrote down a message for her to call me. Three days later, no call so I called. They said she had the original message but they'd take another. The next week, still no call so I called again and she answered but rushed me off the phone, asking me to email the pictures. No reply after a week so I emailed again. Finally a reply but refused to do anything. I gave up the fight after that but want to make sure no other bride has to go through this stress. Even our wedding planner said she would make sure other couples she worked with didn't waste their money on her services.

Profile Picture User6162551, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Loved how we could get a box of cupcakes with samples of cake flavors. Definitely had a tough time deciding which flavor we wanted as they are all delicious. Love the icing on the cakes as well, a true butter crème, light & fluffy!!! Can't wait to see our gothic style cake for our Halloween wedding. Providence is so excited to do this cake as it's like nothing she's done before, but I know it'll be awesome!!!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/31/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My guests talked about the cake for weeks!

Profile Picture User6226271, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Private Tastings

We ordered funfetti cupcakes for our wedding - They turned out amazing and our guests raved about how amazing they were. Our photographer even said that it was the best wedding cake/cupcake he ever had.

They delivered and setup and the display was lovely. The cupcakes were adorable and looked exactly as I had pictured.

Profile Picture Holly, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Setup, Delivery

Overall, my husband and I were incredibly satisfied with the cake we received from Providence for our wedding. It was exactly what we ordered and it tasted delicious. The only small issue we had was in regards to responsiveness - the owner will be the first to admit that she doesn't check her email very often, so that leaves either phone or in-person appointments (and bridal appointments are only on Mondays). That being said, we had a couple "special requests" with our cake, each of which the bakery was very flexible with, and was able to incorporate into our wedding cake.

Profile Picture User5008896, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was absolutely delicious and exactly what we wanted. The delivery was a little pricey and they were also unable to do a shape cake for my grooms cake, but the product we ordered and received was flawless.

Profile Picture Beckie, 5/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Providence is wonderful! Her up beat personality and honest feedback made us end up with a beautiful wedding cake! Not only was it beautiful but it was the best tasking cake we have ever had. She helped us get the look we were going for and was so easy to work with. I promise you she has the best chocolate peanut butter cake you have ever tasted!

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 3/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Beautiful and delicious! She did a fabulous job decorating to exactly what I wanted.

Profile Picture User3317505, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.9

I have never actually enjoyed wedding cake before but every guest not only mentioned it but raved about how delicious it was! I highly recommend the black and white cake as the cheesecake adds a whole new level to the cake. They do get a little picky regarding extra decorations and the cost of them but the cake is so good it's worth it

Profile Picture User3241112, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

most delicious, beautiful cake ever!

Profile Picture Jaci, 9/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hands down best cake I have ever eaten. Everyone at my wedding was raving at how beautiful and tasty the cake was. I love that they make buttercream look like fondant... Because I love the look of fondant but hate the taste

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake from Providence Divine Cakes was absolutely beautiful! Providence and her team did an amazing job bringing my vision to life. In the beginning, I was disappointed that they only offer wedding cake tastings on Mondays between 9a-5p, because I had to miss work and my fiance, who lives out of state, was unable to attend do to his work schedule. Except for this small inconvenience, my experience with Providence Divine Cakes was fantastic!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/16/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The pastries & cake were delicious & beautifully decorated! Overall, the experience was very easy & reasonably priced! Will use them in the future for other occasions!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! We also had cookies provided for later in the evening and everyone loved those as well!

Profile Picture Tracey, 7/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were very please with our baker. Our cake turned out gorgeous and tasted amazing! Most of the contact was in person or over the phone because they weren't great with keeping up with emails. Didn't cause too much trouble, but just be aware of this.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews
4.7

We had a great feeling after our first meeting and tasting with Providence. Shortly after we chose them for our wedding cake. Our cake was fairly complex, with 4 different flavors (just had to choose since we loved them all) and 4 tiers. There was just two of the layers that were switched from what we discussed in our meeting which is the only reason for our quality of service rating. Overall the cake was still absolutely beautiful and amazingly delicious. The cake was very moist and everyone loved it! We were mostly sold by the fact that you no longer had to freeze the topper and save it for the one year anniversary. Providence offered, with a month notice, a fresh new cake for our one year anniversary! She even delivered the cake to our location free of charge. We would highly recommend and definitely use them again for our next event!

Profile Picture Joshua, 6/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Providence did a fantastic job with our wedding cake. They were flexible and worked with my indecisiveness. After not being able to find a cake design that I loved, they took elements that I enjoyed and combined them together to make a lovely cake; not to mention delicious!

Profile Picture Katlyn, 5/25/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! we loved it-and it tasted delicious! all of our guests said how it was the best cake they ever tasted!!

Profile Picture User4144833, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Providence Cakes did an absolutely fantastic job with our cake! It was a simple cake but was so elegant and so tasty! They were very easy to work with and willing to do whatever we wanted!

Profile Picture Anna, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was so good everyone kept telling me how amazing it was. She is great to work with super nice and the fact the my cake was including in the price of my vendor (the Yorktowne hotel) made things so much easier. I would recommend her even if your not going to the Yorktowne hotel her cakes are soooo good!!!

Profile Picture Jess, 5/17/14, 9 Reviews