Provence Catering Reviews

• User4619632 · 2+ years ago

2.8
      3.0
      2.5

Upon originally selecting Provence as our caterer, we met with Chef Pam, who is in charge of her catering company. Very sociable & knowledgeable in her art, we received a wonderful tour of our venue and were explained how the catering end is run. Throughout the wedding planning process, however, we found ourselves communicating with Pam, and multiple others which we hadn't met. Communication was poor, as points were missed and requests were forgotten. We can say that response to emails was prompt, however. There were times where previous set decisions such as time of rehearsal were set, then days prior an email was sent to us saying we needed to speak with the bridal party having a wedding the night before us to pick a time. We found that very unprofessional. Additionally, on our wedding day the bride arrived to the site after being guaranteed she'd have the venue rooms to herself and bridesmaids, to find a mother and daughter waiting in the room for a tour with Pam. Their tour was set for 1pm, which was the time we were told we were allowed in. Additionally, Pam was 30 mins late for their tour, which resulted in them sitting with our bridal party, on our wedding day, waiting for a tour. We had a wonderful experience with Pam's staff - the bartenders, wait staff, and her immediate assistants Elexis & Caitlin. The food as well was delicious at our wedding. Overall, the assistive staff for Provence was wonderful to deal with, however we feel that maybe Pam would best be suited to stay with catering focus only, and allow the wedding planning to an additional person.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Maura · Married on 10/10/2009

1.4
      0.0
      1.0

We wanted a cocktail party 5 hour reception.
    We were promised 5 hours of Constant food being butlered.
    Only the fist hour had constant food. Our guests were starving!
    My Husband and I Never had One Hors d'oeuvre!! People were really really hungry!

We paid 65 dollars per child. Of course DOUBLE THAT +++ for Adults, but, BUT, the kids were completely ignored!
    My cousin had to go buy McDonalds for 25 children at a Formal and Extremely Elegant, (not to mention expensive), reception.

On Top of that, the day before, they tripled their price for set-up of some extra things that they had quoted me $500, 4 days earlier!

Wait for the next one...They told me I ran out of whiskey During the evening- and it was a complete fabrication!
    Talk about upsetting the Bride for NO REASON!
    They wanted to know if they should go buy some more!! Ha!

We Never got a tasting for ANY food OR our Cake, (which was beautiful- but tasted horrible!)

They also used the WRONG linen for the Cake table, they made All of the drinks Too strong, and, was rude throughout the planning process, (well- after we paid.)

I would Never hire or recommend Provence Catering for Anything!

Sent on 10/28/2009