PrimaDonna Makeover Reviews

40 | Burlingame, CA

40 Reviews for PrimaDonna Makeover

Jennifer · Married on 06/30/2018

Yolanda did such an AMAZING job on my hair for my wedding in June! I wanted a princess Leia inspired look and she delivered! She even traveled to the venue so we didn't have to worry about leaving. Highly recommend her!!

Talya · Married on 03/05/2017

Yolanda was a pleasure to work with and was able to meet the needs of those she was working on (either hair, makeup, or both). Once coordinated - which was easy - all I had to do was wake up. Yolanda showed up at our door and did the rest: I wasn't worried about whether or not people would feel good how they looked as I knew she was on it. She delivered.

Savannah · Married on 04/16/2016

Yolanda and her daughter Brooke did an excellent job doing hair and make up for my wedding. They were both fun and professional. We had only planned for five girls including myself but Yolanda did hair and make up for my aunt and sister in law as well, no questions asked. She is wonderful at her job and very flexible. She did all kinds of hairstyles for my girls. I got tons of compliments on my hair and makeup. I highly recommend her and hope to work with her again someday.

Sent on 05/09/2016

PrimaDonna Makeover's reply:

Thank you it was an honor hope to see you again have a beautiful life together

Awesome to work with! Yolanda was super flexible and did whatever it took to make the day perfect!

My daughter was the retiring Queen Isabella for the SF Italian Heritage and we Yolanda to do her hair/makeup for both the Grand Ball and Parade. Yolanda was outstanding and did a beautiful job for both events! My daughter (and myself, as she did my hair and makeup for the Grandball) was constantly being complimented on her hair and makeup at both events. I would highly recommend Yolanda for any special event you may have!

Lindsay · Married on 06/07/2015

By far hands down the best service I've ever received! Yolanda was patient, ontime, and very professional! I've never felt more beautiful than I did when I walked down the Isle to my husband. The look on his face when I got to him said it all!

She gave me pointers about what to do and what not to do, and when your a nervous bride who has no idea about what to do, it's a gift to have someone with experience to help you especially when her only job is to hair and makeup. But she wentered the extra mile to make sure my wedding went smoothly. She was even affordable for our budget!

So if you're looking for the best bang for your buck, while still keeping all the quality then yolanda is for you! I will definitely be using her in the future!

Sent on 06/08/2015

PrimaDonna Makeover's reply:

Thank you it was an honor to work with you ! Your beautiful inside and out! Have an amazing life together . Thank you Yolanda

ERIC · Married on 11/26/2014

Yolanda was the hair and makeup artist for our Gay Vanity Fair Wedding photo shoot in San Francisco. I was one of the male models. I didn't book her (and this site forced me to give ratings on all categories, so I put 5's for Value and Flexibility) but could easily recommend her to a friend.

Kimberly · Married on 11/08/2014

My wedding was sort of out in the middle of nowhere, so I needed on-site services. I had a really hard time finding any vendors that weren't going to charge me an arm and a leg for this, and then I stumbled across Yolanda. Definitely the most reasonable pricing I found, and definitely didn't have to compromise in quality! My hair and make up exceeded my expectations and she did all of my bridesmaids on the day of and they all looked so beautiful! Yolanda is a pro, she's completely prepared and went above and beyond the duties of a make-up artist and hair stylist. Additionally, she is a great addition to a fun group of girls! I would highly recommend. I am so glad I used her for my wedding!

Blythe · Married on 05/31/2014

Yolanda and her team did an outstanding job, from the youngest flowers girls to the grandmother of the groom. We all looked our best and the bride was absolutly flawless!!

Megan · Married on 05/03/2014

I hired Yolanda to do my hair/makeup for my wedding. Yolanda has been fabulous from day one. I found her on yelp and after reading the reviews and looking at her amazing website I reached out to her. I would say I am highly organized person normally but planning my own wedding by myself I have found that I am a very all over the place bride. Yolanda is prefect because she is experienced and very organized and she has worked with me every step of the way. She came out to my house two weeks ago and spent the afternoon working with me to find the prefect hair and makeup for my wedding. It was the first time I really felt like a bride. She made me feel comfortable and it really felt like I was hanging out with a good friend. She is so passionate and caring and really wants to make sure the bride is taken care of. Yolanda has been in the industry for years and she really understands how weddings work. She even help me with with ideals for wedding favors, and other details. I would highly recommend Yolanda for your event. I am so lucky to have found her!

Pamela · Married on 03/22/2014

I am a licensed NY State Esthetician, I work with a French skin care and Make Up Brand Votre Vu, I called Yolanda and asked her if she would fly out to NYC, and come do a make over demonstartaion for Brides using the French Accents by Votre Vu. The corportate event was March 2014. In a room filled with 45 women, some were brides to be, others were Professional Make up artists, wanting to learn about Votre vu. I found Yolanda, to be very easy to work with, friendly and Professional. I had been watching her posts on Facebook, of her brides, and each time, I have been awed by her work. Every Bride, looks lovely and beautiful. Yolanda, did not disappoint the Brides in the room, nor the professional make up srtists, or the Corporate Team from Votre Vu. If you live in the San Francisco Bay area, or are planning a destinition wedding to the Bay area, PLEASE set up a consulatation with Primadonnamakeover, you will not regret hiring Yolanda and her team for your special day.

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2013

Yolanda was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was a true professional and her warm personality made you feel like you had know her for years. She helped make my sister's already beautiful wedding even more perfect. Her hair was exactly what she imagined, and Yolanda did this without even seeing a picture of the inspiration. Our makeup was beautifully done. The day would not have been complete without all of her hard work. Thank you for an amazing job Yolanda!

Barbara · Married on 09/21/2013

Yolanda was fantastic! My daughter Michelle had a picture in her head of the way she wanted her hair and makeup to look on her wedding day. With just a description from my daughter Yolanda deliver above and beyond. She made my daughters dreams come true. She immediately upon meeting her made you feel comfortable and relaxed that all would be perfect. Thank you so much for making my daughters wedding day her dream.

Barbara

I'm a Videographer in the Bay Area and have worked with PrimaDonna for several weddings and they are fantastic. The brides are always extremely satisfied with results and they look great on camera! Definitely recommend them to any bride in Bay Area.

Sent on 09/24/2013

PrimaDonna Makeover's reply:

Yolanda and her team made the day so very special!! They did hair and makeup for a total of 7 gals and it was a blast! Strongly recommend this company to anyone who wants to feel special on a very special day!

Emelina · Married on 09/15/2012

Very prompt, very professionallike a family member. Very attentive to my needs. Everyone commented on our bridal party's hair and makeup. Highly recommened

Sent on 09/28/2012

Yolanda

Mary · Married on 09/15/2012

Primadonnamakeover was out of this world. So happy I had them do my hair and makeup for my wedding. They were on time, professional,amazing hair & makeup for my self and my girls.
    It was so worth it to just relax and let them do everything. It was perfect. The best thing is they come to where ever you need them.
    Thanks primadonnamakeover
    Call them now for your wedding!!!

Ellen · Married on 06/23/2012

Yolanda is a delightful, talented, professional person to work with. Her wedding experience helped us plan the day to perfection. My daughter's hair and make up was EXACTLY what she wanted for her wedding day. The bridesmaids hair and make-up all looked stunning (eight bridesmaids and one flower girl). Yolanda and her assistant did it all, starting very early in the morning. This was the best money spent on the wedding. I recommend her 100%. Yolanda is a wonderful, calming person to work with especially when everyone is a bit nervous and anxious on the big wedding day.

Roxana · Married on 03/31/2012

Yolanda was just amazing. I chose her as my hair and makeup vendor; however she did more than just my hair and makeup. She was patient and understanding of me during the process of the wedding planning. She offered advice as well as suggestions so that the bridesmaids and myself looked our best the day of. I don't think I have ever felt as beautiful as I did that day. Yolanda stayed with us through the ceremony and reception. She was very attentive and made sure that my hair, as well as the bridesmaids', was in the right place and that we had just the right look for the marathon of pictures. Yolanda is a must for your wedding day.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Hi
    I was an honor to work with you and your girls and to be part of such a special day. You and your girls were amazing, Thank You. I only wish you both the very best in life can't wait to see the pictures. Let's keep in touch
    Yolanda w/ Primadonnamakeover

anna · Married on 11/12/2011

Yolanda did a fantastic job at my November wedding. I loved my makeup and my bridesmaids loved theirs. Yolanda has a great sense of humour. She is very flexible and professional . She did a fantastic job. She showed up 40 min before start time to set up, we were done on time and didn't feel rushed. Don't look any further girls :)

T · Married on 05/28/2011

Yolanda did hair and makeup for my sisters when they got married. I was so impressed with the work she did that I had to have her for my wedding. I could not have been more satisfied with the work she did. She did hair and makeup for me, my 5 bridesmaids and both moms! We all looked amazing! I highly recommend her for your special day!!

Jaime · Married on 09/25/2010

Yolanda was fabulous...and absolute dream to work with! I'm from Illinois and had my wedding in San Francisco, with many unknown vendors. Yolanda was professional, punctual, and very personable with both myself and my sister. She was very complimentary, offering many makeup tips to us as she went. She gave us additional makeup to bring along with for touch-ups at the ceremony and reception and her prices were very reasonable for the quality work she provides...I received many compliments! I feel very confident in recommending Yolanda for quality makeup and hair services...highly recommended!!

John · Married on 07/18/2010

Amazing work. Thank You Primadonnamakeover for doing my wife's hair & makeup for our wedding. She was and is my life.the most important girl was my new wife..
    You were very professional, on time, and had a great assistance. I also want to surprise my wife and buy her the makeup that you used on her. Her eyes were glowing..All I can say is wow..
    All you brides out there primadonnamakeover is first class.

John S

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2010

Yolanda deserves the highest praise possible. I hired Yolanda for my wedding back in May 2010, and I am so happy I did! (I think it is a little hard to believe,) but I am STILL getting compliiments for the amazing job she did. Yolanda and her daughter showed up early to my maid of honor's house on the day of, started with my bridesmaid's makeup (I wasn't there yet). She did our hair and makeup. omg my hair was amazing! I wore a family heirloom crown + veil combination, which in order to stay on my head needed some fancy hairdoo work. Yolanda did it, and my hair a) has never on this earth looked so amazing, b) stayed put throughout the ceremony! following ceremony + pictures (san francisco), my husband and I were off to the reception site in San Mateo. Where Yolanda was all set up waiting for me, with a beautiful glitzy hair comb to take the place of the heirloom crown+veil combo. Oh I would love to include photos. hehe, professionalism and flexibility, soo more like a 10.0 than a five star. :) I have to tell you, the reception place was expected to have a hidden bathroom for the hair/makeup redo, but for one reason or another the electricity was out, and so Yolanda had to set up in the common use ladies' restroom, it was a crazy little mixup, (but at the time, I didn't have a clue, because Yolanda was all set up like it was planned to be that way!) Oh it was a dream. I could go on forever, but since you are probably a bride in a hurry, I will say this,

Call Yolanda with PrimaDonna Makeover as soon as you can!
    the more time you have before your event, the more perfect it can be. :)

p.s. Yolanda, if you read this, THANK YOU!!!

-Michelle Battles

Sent on 10/18/2010

PrimaDonna Makeover's reply:

Thank you. I was honored to work with you. You are beautiful inside & out.
    Hope to see more pics.
    Lets keep in touch. Say hi to Brad.
    Yolanda