Pretty Swell Parties Reviews

42 | Atlanta, GA

42 Reviews for Pretty Swell Parties

Vivienne · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot express strongly enough how much I appreciated Nicole as the planner for my daughters wedding this past weekend!
    Nicole was our Day Of Planner, but I honestly feel like she was there for us as soon as we hired Pretty Swell Parties a year before the wedding!
    She couldn't have been more calming, reassuring and organized in the most gentle and warm way. From the beginning stages when decisions were being made to the meetings and phone calls about the time line and final minutes of the party and even after, Nicole was the person I was always happy to see and hear from!
    Nicole worked so well with all our vendors, who were also very impressed with her easy to get long with, soft spoken, calm and very amiable demeanor.
    Our outdoor fall wedding was on the one day it decided to pour cats and dogs and be the coldest, wettest most dreary day, but Nicole handled all the stress of making alternate plans working with vendors, the families and guests to the last little detail with no hitches and we had the most amazing wedding in spite of the weather!
    I told Nicole and truly believe she was worth every penny! I highly recommend Pretty Swell Parties and give major Kudos to Nicole for all her help!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Liz and Jonathan · Married on 04/23/2017

Melissa is professional, friendly, well connected and gets the job done! She was a pleasure to work from start to finish and we highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Polly · Married on 10/08/2016

Melissa was amazing! She helped us every step of the way. There are so many decisions when planning a wedding. Melissa provided us with a schedule, planned all appointments and guided us when making decisions. She was responsive and took care of things as they arose. She was professional and organized. We couldn't have chosen a better wedding planner to make our daughter's wedding a perfect day!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Devora · Married on 10/01/2016

When the reality of the amount of time and effort it would take to fully plan my wedding set in, I knew that I would need some help. A friend recommended Melissa, and after our first coffee meeting I knew that I would be able to trust her with this big event. Looking back, it was the best decision I could have made. She was there from that moment on through as many of decisions as we needed through the final send-off the night of the wedding. Everything went off without a hitch, and each phase of the wedding preparation and day transitioned right into the next seamlessly. I couldn't speak more highly of her, she's amazing!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Phillip · Married on 05/21/2016

We used Melissa Bloomfield as our wedding coordinator in May and she was outstanding. She was always on top of everything (deadlines for contracts, orders with long lead times, etc.) and ensured the wedding day went smoothly. Her advice with vendors, decorations, and scheduling was spot on. She also ensured my wife and I had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding, which allowed us to enjoy every minute of it and be stress free. We would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Beverly · Married on 04/02/2016

Melissa was perfect!!! there is NO way we could have done without Melissa, she is fabulous beyond words. The BEST wedding decision we made!
    Forever thankful .....

Sent on 04/04/2016

Mark · Married on 03/20/2016

Nicole and Melissa are outstanding at what they do. We worked with Nicole on setting up our daughter's wedding, and Melissa helped out on the wedding day. Nicole was always available for advice and help. She made up time lines and made sure that we were on schedule.
    There is no way the wedding day would not have gone as well as it did with Nicole and Melissa.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Jonathan · Married on 03/20/2016

Nicole was absolutely amazing in everything she did. I would recommend her to anyone. She was very helpful and patent

Sent on 03/25/2016
  • almostapatrick16

Amber · Married on 01/23/2016

I knew from the moment I got engaged that I would need a wedding planner. I am not a Type A personality so I asked one of my friends that owns her own floral business if there was anyone she'd recommend. Melissa at Pretty Swell Parties was the person she thought would be perfect and she was right!

From my first meeting with Melissa, I felt put at ease which is what every bride wants, and I was so happy to have her help putting everything together. Even though Melissa was my day of planner, she was absolutely fantastic during the months leading up to the wedding, not just the day of. She did SO much more than day of coordination. She made wonderful recommendations, she gave me advice, we walked through the venue about a month beforehand to make sure we had everything planned out, and answered any question I had throughout my wedding journey. By the time we got to the big day, I wasn't stressed. I got to actually enjoy the day because Melissa and her assistant had it all handled and had coordinated with every vendor. Even with unexpected snow flurries, Melissa remained calm and our wedding day was truly perfect.

When I say it was the best day of my life, I mean it and we never would have gotten there without Melissa. Everything went smoothly, we ran on schedule, and my groom and I had the best time! I don't know what we would have done without Melissa and her team. I highly recommend Pretty Swell Parties for any event. It was the best decision I made in regards to my wedding!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Andreea · Married on 10/24/2015

I can't even begin to describe how amazing Melissa is and how she helped us create the most perfect wedding day.

We had a long engagement and for almost a year and a half Melissa guided, advised, and helped us navigate the wedding planning process. She was always prepared, calm, and full of knowledge. She provided us with amazing vendor recommendations and helped us narrow down and make decisions. She always made herself available for any questions we might have and in the weeks leading up to the wedding she was amazing at calming an anxious bride and groom.

Whenever we encountered any bumps in the road, Melissa assured us that no matter what our wedding day would be perfect and go off without a hitch. And boy did she deliver. On the day of the wedding Melissa and her equally amazing assistant Nicole took care of absolutely everything. From arriving with hot biscuits from the bridal parties (a very big hit!) in the morning to making sure that everything was on schedule to ensuring that everything was packed and returned to us in impeccable condition. We had no worries on our wedding day because we knew Melissa was in charge.
    If there were any issues behind the scenes, we never knew it because Melissa always had a smile on her face and she guided everyone through the day flawlessly.

My husband and I had so much fun on our wedding day. We laughed, we celebrated with our families, and we danced the night away with no worries. And our ability to do so was in large part thanks to Melissa.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Debbie · Married on 06/28/2015

From the time we met the ladies at Pretty Swell Parties to the minute they finished after our wedding, we were so incredibly happy to have them on our team. They were responsible, organized, knew exactly what to do and when. They took care of Everything. As mother of the bride, I was 100% confident in their ability to do their job. The efficiency, promptness, and coordination was outstanding. When looking for a wedding coordinator, look no further. Pretty Swell Parties is the BEST!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

C · Married on 04/26/2015

Both Melissa and Nicole were fantastic to work with while planning our wedding. Down to earth, warm and friendly, professional- couldn't imagine pulling everything together without their help and guidance! Our wedding day (April 26, 2015) was perfect, they covered all details (even ones my mother hadn't thought of) and most importantly, if there were any hitches we never heard about them.

Every meeting we had with Melissa and Nicole was focused and helpful- they offered firm yet kind guidance when some of my DIY ideas were unreasonable. Looking back now that the festivities are over, it is clear that hiring Pretty Swell Parties to help with our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made. We wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Nancy · Married on 03/28/2015

Just the name Pretty Swell Parties makes my smile so it was a pleasure when I met with Melissa Bloomfield to discuss handling the “Day Of” coordination for our daughter’s wedding. Most of the major decisions had been made but I knew that I wanted, and needed, someone to ensure that I could enjoy one of the happiest days of daughter’s life. It was a wonderful decision. After so many months handling all the logistics of this wedding, with the bride in San Francisco, and me and the wedding venue in Atlanta, we all floated through the big event and gave over to Melissa all the last minute details and issues. Our wedding on March 28, 2015 was just perfection to us on so many levels, and Melissa is one of the reasons.

Melissa is kind, joyful, thorough, professional-all attributes that come into play when there is a large production to handle. So many little details where managed seamlessly so that we could focus our attention on the bride, all our family and friends and the wedding itself.

There is so much value in knowing that every plan and detail have been handled and there is someone ensuring that your wedding is a loving, happy memory. Bottom line-hiring Melissa and Pretty Swell Parties is money well spent to ensure that all your planning and efforts pay off with a event that you can enjoy and remember forever!

Thank you so very much, Melissa.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Allyson · Married on 03/14/2015

I cannot thank Melissa enough for her help during my wedding planning and wedding. I called her my wedding "xanax" because she not only calmed every fear, but followed through with every need, want, wish and hope. I was an anxious bride, but because of her, I was able to enjoy the planning process of my wedding. She comes armed with a notebook and a smile, and she makes everything so seamless that you would never know if there was a hiccup. Melissa was a pro at dealing with multiple high-strung personalities and making sure every voice reamained true to what I wanted. She was able to anticipate needs I hadn't even considered and squash each unecessary worry.

Her assistant Nicole was equally as sweet and eager to help. They impressed me not only with their quick follow up but follow through. One example of them going above and beyond was during the wedding when my back went out. They kept the whole wedding moving along, moving things like father daughter dances as needed, and going to CVS and applying Icy Hot patches under my dress. I will always remember them being so dedicated to my enjoyment of the day (even under crazy circumstances) and making sure it was the best day of my life!

Please consider Pretty Swell Parties for all of your wedding planning needs. You will have more than a "pretty swell" time! I did!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Debra · Married on 03/07/2015

Melissa was a pleasure to work with. She was both professional and helpful. She always has a smile on her face. There was no job too big or too small for her. Our wedding was wonderful and Melissa certainly contributed to that outcome. She comes highly recommended.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Julia · Married on 03/07/2015

Melissa was always professional and helpful. She had great suggestions and was always supportive. I would definetely recommend her.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Eric · Married on 11/02/2014

If you don't want to read a long review, Melissa and her staff are absolutely phenomenal.
    ...
    I am a rabbi, and have worked with many wedding coordinators through the years as the officiant of celebrations. I first Melissa in this context, as she was the coordinator of a good friend of mine whom I had the honor of marrying. She was friendly, helpful, and anticipated possible needs before I even expressed them.

Based on that experience, my fiancé and I then hired her to be our wedding coordinator.

As is the case with most weddings, we had a lot going on. Limo driver, photographer, band, DJ, photo booth, pies (instead of wedding cake), bars, a pre-event for the women, a pre-event for the men, a pretty wild wedding party, and all of it coordinated so that I did not see my bride in the 24 hours before the wedding (up until her walking down the aisle) ... Melissa organized it all (and there's more than I listed!) with aplomb and professionalism. She told us we wouldn't need to worry about anything and just as was my experience when I served as an officiant, she anticipated things before they happened. We were able to COMPLETELY enjoy our wedding day. Both my fiancé and I are type-A personalities, and it was an absolute joy to be able to "let go" for the night!

Just one small example: We realized a few days before the wedding that we did not have a challah (the bread eaten at a Jewish wedding). I emailed Melissa to see if she could check if the caterer would bring one. She wrote back that she would get in touch with the caterer, but if they did not provide one, she would go to Whole Foods and buy one. This is but one example (of many) of her helpfulness.

We just got married yesterday (11/2), but it was important to us to write this review today before we left on our Honeymoon. Our wedding party and our parents found her and Nicole (her assistant at our wedding) to be a complete delight, and many commented on how fantastic both of them were.

Hire her!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2014

Gina was essential to our wedding day. She thought of all the details and was perfect! We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Brooke · Married on 09/27/2014

Thank goodness for Melissa! We hired her to be our day-of coordinator, and I'm so, so glad we did. She's just such a great person to have on your team! All through the planning process, she was a total professional. She helped us to figure out where it was most important to focus our efforts in planning. She also recommended wonderful people to us for other services. And on the day of the wedding, she was completely unflappable! It made the day of the wedding so easy, because Melissa kept everything running so smoothly. I've heard stories about wedding planners who encouraged couples to spend more money on everything, but Melissa seemed to do the opposite. She's been to enough weddings to know what is important and what isn't, and she really discouraged us from spending more than we needed to on anything. Thank you, Melissa!

Sent on 12/15/2014

daniel · Married on 08/17/2014

My wife, Blake and I had the pleasure of using Pretty Swell Parties as our Wedding Planners and are SO glad we did. Originally, we were unsure if a Wedding Planner was a priority within our budget, but Melissa and Gina were worth every penny, and then some, then some more. They were organized, professional, knowledgeable, helpful and every other positive adjective that I can't think of.

There is a lot of stress in planning and executing an event like a wedding, and they completely shouldered the burden. My wife and I felt completely at ease the day of our wedding, because of how well everything was planned out. Being neurotic like I am, I kept waiting for "that thing" to go wrong. It never did. They wouldn't allow it. I still can't believe the event was as smooth and precise as it was.

There were also several unique family dynamics involved in our wedding. This lead to many concerns, but Melissa and Gina were able address them ALL. We were very clear about what we did and did not want to happen. They made a plan an executed it perfectly.

I could go on and on, but won't. Please feel free to email me if you are thinking about using PSP, but need a referral. I'd be happy to go into detail about how great they were. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't use them.

Daniel

Sent on 09/01/2014

Rosemary · Married on 08/16/2014

Melissa is ahhhhhmazing! We live in Dallas, TX and planned our entire wedding through Melissa. She has flawless vendor connections, impeccable taste, and infinite amounts of patience. I cannot tell you how many times our guests told us our wedding looked liked something you'd see in a magazine. Melissa truly was above and beyond anything we could have hoped or dreamed for. Any mishap was quickly fixed and taken care of. For example, my partner wanted to surprise with a sweet message sewn onto the hem of my wedding dress. Some mix up happened and my dress was shipped out before the message was sewn in. Melissa personally hand stitched the message onto the hem. For reals y'all. It was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Lynn · Married on 08/09/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner/day of event coordinator as Melissa Bloomfield. She was there to help every step of the way. She helped us make decisions and made valuable recommendations to help the planning go smoothly. She calmed us when 3 inches of rain fell during our rehearsal for our garden wedding. On the day of the wedding, everything was set up just as we imagined and our wedding was both beautiful and flawless, thanks to Melissa and her assistant. It was such a memorable wedding for both of us. At the end of the night, Melissa ensured that everything was packed and my parents were able to leave the venue without a care in the world. Thank you Melissa for all you did to help us have an amazing wedding! You are the best!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Blair · Married on 06/28/2014

It would take much more than a page to list all of Melissa's wonderful qualities and how happy we were that we hired her to help plan our Atlanta wedding from D.C. She is thorough, professional, classy, tactful, but most importantly, friendly and relatable. Melissa started with our venue search and stuck with us when we were trying to make the impossible wedding happen in North Georgia. We finally settled on an Atlanta venue, and she worked tirelessly to take care of the little details that went into the big day. My now-husband and I are both in school and working, and Melissa worked around our schedules for phone calls and gave us nudges when a big decision was coming up. I frequently relied on her for advice that was probably more in the Mom department than wedding planner extraordinaire, but Melissa never missed a beat and even acted like she ENJOYED the process. In fact, I think she may live for spreadsheets and organization. :) I *always* felt like Melissa had time to talk with me and she did a great job managing our vendors, particularly when we weren't quite communicating well with them. Melissa has a great relationship with the Atlanta wedding community and always took the reigns when I wanted/needed her to. The weeks leading up to the wedding, she called to make sure I wasn't stressing out and talked through what she could take off my plate. Melissa never seemed stressed, always had a great solution, and made me calm about the process. Through her knowledge of the Atlanta wedding community and event planning, she SAVED us money! I can't tell you how many times Melissa said, 'Hey I've been assembling so-and-so for you all day!' Read: spray painting, gluing, cutting, etc. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, we always said that we would say this- she's worth way more than she charges. :) If I had to do it all over again, I would re-hire her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/28/2014

kallio · Married on 06/21/2014

I used Pretty Swell Parties for my wedding in June at the Cator Woolford Gardens, and Gina was my day-of coordinator. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience working with both Gina and Melissa. I had originally not planned on a day-of coordinator, as I was on a tight budget; however, my venue required that I use one, and it was definitely worth it. They were both incredibly helpful from the first meeting, and more than happy to offer suggestions and tips on vendors and other wedding-related planning ideas ahead of time (some day-of coordinators I spoke with had in their contract that you couldn't contact them more than one month ahead of time if you were hiring them only for their day-of services). Also, their help came as a relief as I had no idea what I was doing! I was planning from another state, so Gina skyped me into meetings and was very responsive to e-mails, making this process as smooth as possible given the challenges! Finally, Gina and her assistants were wonderful on they day of the wedding. Gina was a very calming presence helping me to navigate some last-minute stresses (e.g., rain on the day of our outdoor wedding), and she and her two assistants were so nice and friendly to our entire bridal party. They also very kindly gathered all of the bridesmaid's and my belongings from the bridal suite and had it waiting for us when we were about to leave. I can't recommend Pretty Swell Parties enough.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Eva · Married on 05/25/2014

Melissa was unbelievable. She was prompt, flexible, dependable. We started working with her 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding. She was easy to work with, friendly, had great ideas. She took care of all the last minute things like contacting the vendors, doing a timeline, and keeping us on a track. She took the last minute stress off of the wedding party. The day of the wedding I, the mother of the bride, felt like a guest at my daughters wedding. If I asked her a question she was on it immediately taking care of it. She did a great job officiating the wedding also. Everybody know what they were supposed to do. At the end of the night she told me to go home and she would take care of wrapping up the night. That was the best part and she was worth every cent.

Sent on 06/11/2014