Pretty Hair Salon Reviews

74 | Pittsburgh, PA

74 Reviews for Pretty Hair Salon

74 Pretty Hair Salon Reviews

Amy · Married on 09/15/2018

Incredible!!!! Ina did hair for me, my matron of honor, and my mom on my wedding and we were all absolutely BLOWN AWAY! Her attention to detail and ability to collaborate with her clients to figure out exactly what they want and the best way to execute it is phenomenal. Not only did she deliver three gorgeous hairstyles that looked amazing, felt comfortable, and stood up to a full day of festivities on a humid September day, she is also an absolutely charming person whose passion and joy for her work is infectious! The little gift bag and card from the salon was also so sweet and such a special touch. Cannot recommend Ina and the whole team at Pretty enough!!!

Pretty Hair Salon 1

Lizz · Married on 08/25/2018

If you're looking for a great group of ladies to come do hair/makeup for your wedding (and have fun at the same time), Pretty Hair Salon is your place! I can't say enough good things about the Pretty team!! I've been going to the salon for years, and I recently had the ladies come out to do hair/makeup for my wedding. To say they did an awesome job is a complete understatement. They are all so sweet, and they do amazing work!! They are professional, and so much fun to be around. Thank you, again!!

Pretty Hair Salon 2
    Pretty Hair Salon 3
    Pretty Hair Salon 4
    Pretty Hair Salon 5

Leah · Married on 06/09/2018

I have been getting my haircuts at Pretty for almost 10 years, so of course I had to use them for my wedding! Kayla did a beautiful job with my hair! She made my half-up style feel secure without being uncomfortable, and it stayed in throughout the evening. And Amanda did an amazing job with my makeup! I use very natural beauty products, and she let me bring in my own makeup and was great about working with the products that I wanted to use. I loved the colors that she chose! She used just the right amount of intensity with my look so that I felt like a bride but still felt like myself. Best salon around!

Pretty Hair Salon 6
    Pretty Hair Salon 7

Rebecca · Married on 08/05/2017

I can't say enough about this salon. I booked late, but I had a small party and luckily they were able to squeeze me in. The day before my wedding I decided to change the location where I was getting ready. They accommodated this. I was 15 minutes late and they didn't show a sign of frustration even though our timeline was already tight. That alone just makes them heroes!
    But wait! My hair. My hair, ladies, was so perfect and more beautiful than I could have imagined. I did not do a trial because I booked so late and they listened so carefully to what I wanted and made it happen. My stubborn-straight, thick heavy hair stayed up in a low bun for the entire ceremony and much of the reception. Even as it came lightly undone--which cannot under any circumstances be avoided with my hair-- it looked beautiful. The curls held and I looked like a princess all night. All 3 of my bridesmaids looked beautiful. My sister chose a complex-looking braided style and it was gorgeous and held all night.
    My makeup, oh my goodness, was also amazing. They made my sometimes droopy-looking eyes look wide and incredible. The highlighting and contouring was perfect and not overdone, and I was so so happy. Again, no trial and it was still exaxtlt what I dreamed. I would recommend them to any bride. I'm so grateful I found them by total chance.

• BethanyD6917

Bethany · Married on 06/09/2017

Kara is a fabulous, fun stylist and I highly recommend her for any bridal/prom/special occasion updo! She does fantastic work and was able to almost exactly replicate the picture of what I was looking for for my wedding day hair! When I first did a trial and showed friends and family the picture I had from Pinterest and then the picture of my hair after she did it they were amazed! I even had one of those Halo hair extensions to help get the look I wanted and she got it spot on! The day of the wedding she came to my hotel room to do my hair and my two bridesmaid's. She arrived on time (even a little early), made minor changes to a couple of requests without a problem, and completed everyone's hair in plenty of time. My bridesmaids and I loved their do's and couldn't be more pleased with their work. She did a fabulous job making everyone feel pretty on my special day! Thanks, Kara, and Pretty Hair Salon for the outstanding service and quality!

Michelle · Married on 05/20/2017

Without a doubt, I have to give Pretty Hair Salon a FIVE out of FIVE!! All the women that I dealt with leading up to and on my special day were so nice and professional, and everyone's makeup and hair turned out amazing! Honestly, I couldn't imagine picking anywhere else for hair and makeup on the most special day ever! I would recommend Pretty Hair Salon to EVERYONE!

Megan · Married on 04/22/2017

Heather B. and Bri from Pretty Hair Salon were amazing. I had my wedding day hair trial with Heather and it was fabulous. The day of, I wanted to change a few things that we did in the trial and Heather did exactly what I wanted. They came to our hotel in downtown Pittsburgh and did mine plus 6 other girls hair. Everyone loved Heather and Bri and they loved their hair. I would HIGHLY recommend using Pretty Hair Salon for your wedding or any other event!!!

Bethany · Married on 02/04/2017

Booking Pretty Hair Salon for my wedding was an outstanding choice for my wedding. I’d been in several weddings over the years and been unhappy with how my hair had turned out. Pretty Hair Salon, however, did not disappoint. I booked a trial for both my hair and makeup prior to my wedding day. Valerie and Heather B addressed all of my concerns. Both girls provided onsite hair and makeup for my bridal party and mom. They both did a fantastic job and everyone looked beautiful! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Pretty Hair Salon!

• User6289778 · 1+ year ago

I can't say enough about this salon and the incredibly talented and thoughtful people who work here. Amanda (make up) and Kala (hair) were BRILLIANT on my wedding day. They made my ten (!) bridesmaids look like movie star glamour queens. My hair and makeup were both flawless, stunning, and exceeded every single dream I had about how I would look on my wedding day. They thoughtfully listened to what I wanted and checked in with me to make sure that I felt my very best. Thank you thank you thank you to this team! You made the most important day of my life shine.

Natalie · Married on 11/26/2016

Loved working with this salon for my hair and makeup. I have really long hair and they made it truly look like a princess hair do. Highly recommend.

stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

I have used Pretty Hair Salon for years so when I was getting married they were the perfect choice for making my bridal party even more gorgeous!! All of my bridesmaids loved their hair styles and they ranged from simple to complex styles! I would recommend them for any bride looking for a salon for their wedding party. Best part of all was they traveled to us! Perfect since it rained the morning of my wedding! we had no worries though since we didn't have to travel anywhere!

Holly · Married on 10/08/2016

Pretty Hair Salon was an EXCELLENT choice for my wedding beauty needs. I had an trial run of hair and make-up with Valerie - she was fun, easy-going, and does beautiful work. One of the best things about Pretty Hair Salon is that even though my wedding party was small (4 total), they still came to the hotel to do our hair and make-up. It is such a nice service and helped to ease my stress on the big day. On my wedding day we had Valerie and Heather for hair and make-up. They were prompt, efficient, and even allowed me to make a couple of changes from my trial run. We all looked absolutely beautiful that day and I credit Pretty Hair Salon.

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

Pretty Hair Salon did our hair and makeup for my wedding and they did an amazing job! They're staff came to our hotel room and made all of us look absolutely beautiful. I was able to schedule an appt prior to my wedding to do a trial run and during that appt they were very informative and happy to answer any questions I had--and they were very responsive to emails and phone calls during the planning process. I definitely recommend Pretty!

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

Pretty Hair Salon ensured that myself, mother, and 10 bridesmaids were nothing short of perfection for the big day! They were accommodating, professional, but beyond that they were caring! The girls I worked with were Kala, Kylie, and Amanda! Kala did my hair and she was beyond incredible, she is an amazing stylist but also a great person making the getting ready process fun. Amanda did my make-up and I have never felt or looked more beautiful, she listened to all my concerns (since I am semi-self conscious regarding some of my facial features). Amanda was also such a great person to have there. The three ladies had us laughing and smiling and looking like one million dollars. This salon goes the extra mile for its clients and I would recommend them to everyone I know for every occasion! I know I will be a returning a customer <3

Emily · Married on 07/16/2016

Kala and Heather B. did hair and makeup (respectively) for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother the day of my wedding. They were on time, did amazing work, and on top of that, were a lot of fun to hang out with as we were all getting prepared! They both did a perfect job creating the look that everyone asked for, no matter how many (or few) details were given by us. Everyone's hairstyles and makeup lasted long into the night, never once needed touched up, and photographed beautifully.

I could not be any happier with the services they provided! Everyone felt and looked amazing, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for special event hair and makeup!

Ellie · Married on 06/11/2016

Kala (hair) and Amanda (makeup) were so much fun to work with. They are both very professional and talented. They made me and all my bridesmaids look flawless. They were very receptive to any requests made and my bridesmaids loved working with them. I hope to use them again for another event in the future. Thanks Kala and Amanda for helping to make my wedding day special and for making me beautiful!

Pretty hair salon provided make up and hair services for a friend's wedding I was in and they did a fantastic job so I decided to book them for my own wedding. Solid decision. Heather and Kala provided hair service for myself and my 5 bridesmaids; they did a fantastic job! From initial booking to the wedding day they were very professional and responded quickly to any questions I had. They arrived on time for the wedding day and we had a blast while getting ready. Would highly recommend!

Kimberly · Married on 03/12/2016

I was thrilled with how beautiful Pretty Hair Salon made me look on my wedding day! Kala styled my hair and Amanda B did my make up. They were both phenomenal! They listened to what I wanted and delivered it perfectly! My bridesmaids who had their hair done looked absolutely gorgeous as well. They do a great job and I would recommend them to everyone.

Lauren · Married on 11/14/2015

I would highly recommend using Pretty Hair Salon. I had Kara and Shea doing hair and Amanda doing make-up. Amanda can make you look like a whole new person with her airbrush make-up techniques. She is phenomenal. Shea and Kara exceeded our expectations with their creative and unique hairstyles. It is so nice that Pretty Hair Salon travels to you. They traveled to the White Barn for my wedding and did 8 people for hair and 7 for make-up in 4 hours. They take their time and make you look absolutely beautiful. Their prices were really reasonable as well for the high quality of work that they do. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENDOR!

Colleen · Married on 11/07/2015

We had Kayla, Heather B, and Kara come to the hotel room and do hair and makeup. They were seriously amazing to work with. You can tell they really know what they're doing. They just cranked through 7 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and myself with ease. Everyone looked so beautiful. What was most important though is how great they are to work with. Fantastic customer service. They were great to hangout with too! And that's so important to consider because they'll be spending several hours with you the morning of your wedding, you want it to be fun!

Jennifer · Married on 09/05/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Pretty or the girls who work there. I was referred to Pretty by a co-worker as I was having a difficult time finding hair and make-up stylists for my September 5th wedding. From the second I walked into Pretty for my trial I just had a really amazing feeling. Amanda did my make-up and she is seriously such a sweet person. She does an amazing job at making the airbrush make-up look flawless yet completely natural. Kala did my hair trial and I loved how kind and genuine she was! Plus she actually listened to my vision of what I imagined my wedding day hair to look like and delivered 100%.

On the day of the wedding, Amanda, Kala and Jordan arrived at our hotel promptly at 8:30. They set up and got right to work. I was really nervous on the morning of the wedding, but the girls were so much fun and did their best to set my mind at ease. They did an amazing job on all 7 of my bridesmaids, mother and neice who is only 18 months old. I have to say my bridal party looked spectacular! I am so so so so happy I found Pretty. There is nothing better than working with vendors that you really love on your big day. Book with Pretty, you won't regret it!!

Mandie · Married on 08/15/2015

Sammy Colton did my make up for my wedding. I went in a 2 weeks prior to my wedding for a hair cut and just started small talking with some of the girls, one of them being Sammy. She said she did make up and would take me at whatever time I needed as a lot of the girls were going to be out on another wedding. From start to finish - trial to day of - it was perfect. I get nervous with makeup, I don't wear a whole lot and I didn't want to look like a clown or painted. I was none of that! Sammy made me look and feel beautiful!

I was concerned since we got our makeup done at 8:15 in the morning that it wouldn't stay on until my 3pm ceremony let alone the reception. My makeup stayed on, looking fresh and flawless until the end! I danced all night and did not look or feel like my face was running or I was loosing make up. She was FANTASTIC!

Carol · Married on 07/25/2015

I've been going to this salon for a couple of years. I booked my wedding about a year ago. When booking your bridal party receives 20% off services until the wedding. Now, one of my friends drives an hour to get her hair done here. Shea and Heather B did our hair and makeup. For months before we tossed around ideas and they were so helpful in deciding how to wear my hair. I even had my engagement photo hair and makeup done by them! Everyone in my party looked great and we received lots of compliments. I can't say enough about this salon. Everyone is so nice and you can tell they work well together and value their customers.

Pretty in Pittsburgh did my hair and make up for my wedding, as well as my 3 bridesmaids, my mother and my mother-in-law. Before I talk about the details, it's important that you know that I worked with Amanda and Shea and they were rock stars. I mean seriously, the sweetest, funniest, calming team of professionals you could ever dream of having for your wedding.

I was an out-of-town bride, planning our wedding from my home in Chicago. Prior to the wedding, I did a hair and make up trial in Pittsburgh, and the salon was incredibly organized. Additionally, during the trial, the girls were encouraging me to speak up and share any thoughts I had. Amanda and Shea assured me that, if I had a change of heart closer to the wedding, everything could be adjusted.

On the wedding day, at 9 AM on the dot, Amanda and Shea walked into our hotel with bags and curling irons all ready to go! I was setting up the room and they took a couple tables, outlets, set up chairs and said, “Okay, who is first?”

Each one of us jumped in a chair and enjoyed our time with Shea and Amanda, laughing off any of the nerves that were starting to surface. All the girls were thrilled with how their hair and make up turned out.

My hair and make up was done exactly the way I fell in love with it during the trial, and I was over the moon. Shea helped me with my veil and showed my sister, my maid-of-honor, how to keep it in and take it out when I needed to later on in the night. Amanda showed me and my sister how to handle my make up when the inevitable first tear ran down my face, which I must admit started only minutes after I saw how beautiful my hair and make up was (I am such a wimp).

I’d recommend Pretty in Pittsburgh to any bride getting married in Pittsburgh. They do amazing work, are incredibility professional, have people working for them that have fantastic personalities and most importantly, great people who will take care of you on a day that you’ll never forget.

I could not be more happy of the services provided for me, my mom and my bridesmaids by Pretty Hair Salon. Amanda, who did the makeup, and Dom, who did the hair, are both amazing artists in their own right. They both made all of us feel so beautiful and we all had a great time while getting ready. My (now) husband could not get over how amazing my hair style looked that day. He still talks about it to this day. My makeup lasted all day - even when I cried during our vows during the ceremony. We received our photos and the make up enhanced my appearance but I still looked like me. This vendor is highly recommended!