124 Reviews for Premiere Events Group

Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Projector (1)
117 Premiere Events Group Reviews

Frank was great at getting us all the songs that my husband's family liked (south American) and he stayed true to not playing one song I didn't want him to play, even if he was being attacked by my guest haha. He was an awesome sport and had the crowd dancing the whole night.

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/30/20, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Booked them for dj based on vendor recommendation. They are really good! Everyone had a great time on the dance floor. They even had a questionnaire about what songs we like and they made time to find the song we asked for! No mistakes on day of. Flawless service.

Profile Picture User7863169, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

To sum it up, we consider ourselves lucky to have worked with PEG and Luke for our wedding this October. He was easily the the most pleasant vendor we had as the entire process was smooth and simple. He relieved A LOT of stress built up throughout the planning process and had an easy manner that made us trust his judgement in all the timeline-setting and music-placement decisions we took with his help.

He was always willing to go beyond his job description to make our day special. You can tell he cares about his work and most importantly his clients.

Luke is also a bilingual Spanish speaker which we found to be a huge help in allowing our Spanish-speaking guests feel at home during our ceremony and reception.

As a DJ, Luke knows what he is doing. His musical transitions and maneuvers were smooth and timely. There were very important moments (during our grand entrance, for example) where he added time to a specific song which would create a better atmosphere than we had imagined.

In the end, Luke helped us out a ton! Taking his pricing into consideration this is a vendor you would be crazy to pass on when planning your big day or event. We can say without any doubt that one of our best decisions this year was hiring Luke.

Profile Picture Frank, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Having an awesome DJ was one of the most important things we wanted for our wedding and we definitely had the best one out there! DJ Luke was very professional, helpful and so easy to work with! He was very open to answering emails or questions that I had and even spoke to us about our "vision" of the wedding. He was able to create an ambiance of class and creativity during our movie/Star Wars themed wedding and came up with the idea of us walking out to the Star Wars theme with our wedding party holding lightsabers in the air. He is extremely easy going, laid back but able to get everyone out on the dance floor. Our family and friends complimented us all night about the amazing DJ who kept the dance floor poppin! I highly recommend him if you are looking for an amazing DJ who is professional and fun! Thank you DJ Luke!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

When our first DJ fell through, I started reading articles on Pinterest about how easy it was to DJ your own wedding. "Check out all this cool software!" "Just push play and sit back and relax!" Looking back, I can't believe I actually considered this lunacy for a hot minute. DJ my own wedding? Right. Only if we wanted a boring, forgettable reception.

The funny thing about music taste is that everyone thinks that their taste in music is the best. I think the key to being a good DJ is to make your client feel like THEIR taste in music is the best, while still playing tunes that will pack the floor and keep the party bumping. That's exactly what Luke did. I gave him some direction, but I used my own language and he somehow was able to decipher my ridiculous ramblings. For example, for the cocktail hour I said, "No standards, like Tony Bennett or Frank Sinatra. But we'd love to hear some Motown oldies... oh and lots of happy hipster music that makes you feel like you're in love and you love life and you're also very cool." Instead of screaming at me, "What fresh hell is this nonsense?" Luke totally got this, and played the perfect mix of awesome songs. Our guests were be-bopping around but not busting a move yet, because it wasn't time to get turnt.

For the reception, I believe I described that I wanted "throwback 90's and 2000's hip hop that makes you want to bump and grind." Luke got our dinner party going with some TLC and then spun in some Prince and and Salt N' Pepa when we were ready to dance. He just GOT us. And our dance floor WAS bumping.

Our wedding has been over for a little over a week and we keep hearing from people how amazingly fun our wedding was. "Best wedding ever." "Most fun wedding ever!" "Best wedding in years!!!" I knew a few things going into this wedding: the memories are under the control of your photographer, but the fun is under the command of the DJ. We owe Luke so much for giving us the most fun wedding ever.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC

Premiere Events did a great job at our wedding. He played the music that we asked and avoided all the

songs we put on our “Do Not Play” list. He kept a smooth flow through the night and kept the energy at

a fun level. People stayed on the dance floor and had a great time. We would definitely recommend

Premiere Events Group to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Profile Picture Kim, 3/26/16, 15 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you are looking for a DJ for your next event/wedding LOOK NO FURTHER!!!! Luke with Premiere Events Group is the answer.

When we first met with Luke, he was very professional and sold us with the fact that he is not a weekend wedding DJ but a DJ that does weddings. This is his passion. And as much as we love music and the art of DJing, we appreciated this insight. Luke was very responsive when it came to communicating about ideas for the wedding. Selecting music was simplified with the forms Luke had for us. The day of the wedding, Luke came early to set up as planned and there were no issues. The music for the ceremony was great, the mics and speakers were loud and clear. Luke was the MC for our reception and did a phenomenal job. He got the crowd pumped, which was important to us, and did a great job building up to our grand entrance. He has such a great energy and literally had everyone out on the dance floor dancing the night away.

I’ve read that one of the things brides regret the most is a poor choice in entertainment…. And believe me…. we’ve been to plenty of weddings where the DJ was basically someone’s iPod. This is not the case with Premiere Events Group. They really take the time to get to know you and your musical preferences and they’re so great at being able to read the crowd.

Luke, Thank you again for making our wedding a night we will never forget!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

A friend of mine recommended Premiere Events Group to me. We reached out to them and came in contact with Luke. Right from the start he was responsive to all my emails and calls. The contract and music information paperwork he sent made it pretty easy to convey what we wanted for all parts of the wedding reception. We were really happy and pumped at the reception that Luke was a proper DJ and killed it. All his mixing was on point and he played to the crowd well and I have the pictures to prove it! If you need a reliable and solid DJ that really knows his craft I would recommend Luke and his company.

Profile Picture Jordan, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Luke was awesome! We hired him after we attended a wedding where he was the DJ and loved his style and the music. He was so flexible and accommodating, allowing us to video chat for our first meeting since our busy schedule made it difficult to travel to meet in person and also was willing to give us a discount since our venue had speakers that he could use. Compared to other DJs that come as highly recommended and with such glowing reviews, he is by far, one of the most affordable. Our reception could not have been more fun. He kept my friends on the dance floor for hours. He handled many of their song requests and several of our friends commented on how much they loved the playlist. He really made our reception so much more fun!

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/1/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Keith as our DJ and he did such an amazing job! He even came to my rehearsal to make sure he was prepared for the ceremony the next day. He played all the songs and versions I wanted him to and he was super animated and got the crowd excited!

Profile Picture Julia, 2/21/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We chose Luke as our DJ for my daughter's Sunday Brunch wedding/reception at the beautiful Five Crown's restaurant in Corona Del Mar this past Sunday. Luke is wonderful from the first phone contact until the end of the event. He responded to every e-mail/phone call promptly. He arrives in a beautiful black vehicle pulling a matching custom trailer with all his gear, very professional. He arrived at the exact time that was requested and was ready to go even before he was to start. As it was a brunch it was more low key then most wedding events, we didn't expect any dancing. But Luke chose such great music that there was a good crowd up dancing and we all enjoyed ourselves. My daughter and son -in-law were just so happy. Premiere Events Group was recommended to me by a friend who had been at a huge evening wedding in O.C. and she said it was the most fun she had ever had at a wedding because of the DJ. Whether your having a small or large event you can't go wrong with Luke Sensebe and his Premiere Events Group. Thank you Luke, and thank you for being so kind the two 8 year olds who refused to leave your side the entire time, they were so fascinated with you and your equipment!

Profile Picture Kim , 2/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Luke was exactly what we wanted/needed for our wedding. He was very receptive to our wishes but also very creative and kept everyone engaged and dancing throughout. Great music selection; great voice; great addition to our day. He kept everything on schedule and we really enjoyed having him.

Profile Picture Laura, 11/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best thing was his attention to detail regarding our wedding. The guests loved the music selection and he was very hands on and made us feel very special on our wedding day

Profile Picture Fredrick, 11/21/14, 1 Review
4.7

He played every song we asked for (even though we gave him a big list!). Tons of fun and everyone had a blast.

Profile Picture User4332788, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Luke was excellent!! Very professional, smart, knowledgeable and cool! He knew how to bring people to dance and have a great time. The lightning look great and the prices were very good too. Highly recommended

Profile Picture Susan, 6/18/14, 3 Reviews
3.3

Premiere Events Group was recommended to us by our caterer/coordinator, so we had high expectations. During the whole preparation process prior to the wedding, Luke and Keith (our DJ) were helpful and responsive. When we met with Keith, we were very excited to work with him because he said he was a House & Hip Hop DJ, which was perfect for our wedding. We were impressed with how detailed their contract was and how specific we could be with our wedding music, the DJ’s attire, etc. It was nice that we could provide Keith with specific songs and styles of music that we wanted during cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, etc.

The day of the wedding was a different story. I was disappointed with Keith’s delivery. For our special announcements, he forgot to welcome my family from Australia, and he also forgot to say a birthday greeting to my godmother, both of which were listed in our contract. For some reason, he also kept pronouncing my maiden name “Antonio” with a Mexican accent, and I have never said it that way to him. Also, I am clearly Asian. I had given him a list of specific songs that we wanted him to play, and he didn’t even have some of those songs on his computer. Some of my guests and I noticed that he played a few songs 2-3 times, which was absolutely ridiculous. When the time came to play the slideshow, he didn’t know how to transition the music, and there was a very loud screech in the whole venue that was unpleasant for all of the guests.

I understand that we likely won’t have full control over what music he plays, but we were VERY specific with what we wanted, and he could not even follow that. There was a whole list of songs that we wanted played and didn’t get to hear because he didn’t even have them. Perhaps we would have had a better experience with Premiere Events Group if we had a different DJ.

Profile Picture Leeziel, 5/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Luke was simply amazing. He was extremely flexible and accommodating in what we asked for. We were very picky and asked for additional speakers for cocktail hour on a different location, specific way to play a video / slideshow on projector screen, and highly customized playlist. He did all of that and beyond. Also Luke was highly responsive, driving almost an hour to meet with us in person months before the wedding to plan things out, responding to emails within a day, and spending another hour with us on the phone the week of the wedding to make sure things are on track. To top everything off, his DJ skills are of the charts. Not only did the music selection match what we asked for, he did mashups live on the spot, which is rare and hard to do for a wedding crowd. The nice was so much fun that everyone (ranging from my 6 year old niece to 70 year old mom) stayed on the dance floor for 3 hours straight. To prove the point, the crowed was so tuned to the music that we literally moved the dance floor. On top of all that, the price he quoted us was significantly lower than other premium grade DJs. You just cannot go wrong with Luke!

Profile Picture Ming, 5/25/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

PEG is a very professional and friendly business. Our DJ, Luke, was great during the entire wedding process. He was efficient, direct, and a fun guy to work with. He understood exactly what we were looking for and was very accommodating to our music tastes. He also provided excellent lighting for the wedding and made the night fun! All of our guests raved about how he kept the party going, on a Thursday!

Profile Picture Angelina, 4/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot give enough praise for Premier Events Group and DJ Lux. This team provided the sound, lighting and DJ services for a 320 person event at the largest ballroom in Orange County!

We had uplighting throughout the ballroom, gobos and two walls, sound everywhere! The guests could not stop commenting on how beautiful the room looked. That they have never been to an event where the lighting helped create the mood.

DJ Lux provided the entertainment and everyone danced their hearts out. At the end of the evening, the guests were left wanting more. Friends commented that they haven't danced so much in a long time. The music was perfect!

Any event after this one is going to be a tough act to follow!

Thank you, Premier Events Group!

Profile Picture Grace, 3/15/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Premiere Events was amazing. I have thrown a lot of parties and I have to say that this one was hands down the best and it was all about having a DJ there. The music was great, the lights were great. They literally transformed my backyard into a night club. I couldn't have been happier with the service and the event. I would highly recommend this company for your events.

Profile Picture Diane, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We both LOVE music and really wanted the best DJ out there for our BIG day. We went to MANY bridal shows and wedding websites and none of the DJ companies had the "IT" factor we were looking for. It wasn't until the night we found Luke's promo video on WeddingWire.com. His style, experience, and love for 90's hip hop and R&B made us say he is "THE ONE."

Our first meeting was at a local coffee shop where we discussed what we were looking for. His great ideas of having uplighting, money jars, and mere love for his art AMAZED us. He was professional and very personable. We didn't know if he was going to be our DJ but we knew we wanted him. When we mentioned seeing the promo video, he said he would be our DJ. Whoot, Whoot! We were beyond excited!!

A week prior to the wedding we emailed him the timeline and music playlist. On the day of he was on point! The moment we heard the music for cocktail hour, we were jamming! He was very detail oriented, which we loved. He came to us right before the grand entrance to double check on how to say everyone's name. Thanks Luke! All our guests throughout the night were singing and dancing along with every song from young to old. His transitions were great and he gave us the right amount of emceeing that we wanted. We kept getting many compliments on Luke and the music he played. He even came to the rescue on our slide show when we had technical difficulties. He KNOWS what we're talking about. He's definitely an all around DJ. SWAG!!!

We highly recommend choosing Premiere Events Group as your DJ for your wedding or any another big event!

Lionel & Mony

Profile Picture Mony, 9/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Everyone at my wedding thought the music was AMAZING!!!

I was first in contact with Luke, sweetest guy ever! He was quick to respond to my questions and concerns via email. I had hoped Luke would be my DJ, but he told me he was already booked the day of my wedding; he assured me, however, that my DJ would be great, and NOT to worry! Well, he is a man of his word as he referred me to Frank.

Frank was the best! Very professional and sweet. He was very thorough and brought up important subjects that I hadn't even crossed my mind. Frank was ALSO, very quick to respond via text or email, which I love. My husband and I spent 2 1/2 hours at a Sushi restaurant trying to figure out the perfect music for our special day. We had particular genres and songs for different times during our wedding. My husband and I are both very passionate about music and were hoping everything we chose would play at the appropriate times. I thought we were being a pain with all the details, but Frank said he would take care of it, and HE DID! Frank played it ALL!! Most importantly, he made sure my pre and post ceremony songs played as I dreamed they would! That was the most special part for me. His timing was perfect when they announced Jack and I as husband and wife. Thank you Frank, FOR BEING PERFECT on OUR BIG DAY! You will not be forgotten! I CANNOT WAIT to see the video to relive that day again. My friends said they were sore from all the dancing... good thing I wore flip flops=)

Oh, and thank you Luke for putting Frank in charge during the most important day of my life. You have been forgiven for not being the DJ;) I WILL ALWAYS recommend Premier Events!!!

Profile Picture Becky, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Keith met with us at our home, he is very professional. He helped us through the process of selecting music and worked with us for special traditional events that are a part of our culture. We would highly recommend Keith any time to all of our friends and business associates.
He also acted as an MC to keep the event moving in the right direction.
Daniel and Wendy

Profile Picture daniel, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Luke (Dj Lux of Premiere Events) was the DJ for our Aug 2013 wedding and he was absolutely fantastic. We would have gone with him on the strength of our coordinator's recommendation (Sassy Girl Weddings) as they've worked together often, however we all felt it would fun to meet up with him anyways. From the beginning, Luke was amazingly personable, flexible, and willing to go with any of our musical preferences. Music is important to us in general and we knew it would be a major factor for the mood we'd want, along with lighting (a large portion of which he also handled).

He even offered that we could script his entire setlist! But we respect his profession and wanted to give him the freedom to read the crowd. However, we did saturate Luke (at the last minute) with a huge selection of music that represented not only our taste in music but also reminded us of one other. To his credit he took the overwhelming amount in stride, understood our handful of "true requests", and used the rest to help shape the auditory experience for our guests.

He was a magician the day-of! Every scheduled moment that required music and projection went well. He was great MC'ing specific parts of our event and was really funny whenever adding appropriate commentary. We were super busy the entire reception and rarely standing or sitting still, but when we could focus on the music it was perfect not only for mood but also for us!

Luke really shined during open dancing and handled the ebb and flow of the crowd well. He hit every pre-request and also took requests on the spot and worked them in seamlessly. We (and other guests) gave him props while he was working, and even days afterwards folks were commenting about how great the music was and asking for setlists! Luke really opened up our guests' ears (all ages) sonically, and we highly recommend Dj Lux for your event. He had a full dancefloor for the last song when we closed the venue at midnight!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/3/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Angel was the Dj/emcee who was selected to be a part of our wedding and he was outstanding. We have gotten so many compliments about how awesome our reception was and he said he even had a great time. We live in different areas of SoCal, but he planned a skype meeting with us a few different times, so he got to know us and we were able to go over every detail, ensuring my husband and I that our night would be perfect. It was and with the awesome lighting they used, I can't wait to see our professional pictures! Thank you Premiere Events Group and especially Angel.

Profile Picture Molly, 7/13/13, 5 Reviews