Precious Petals Reviews

162 | Huntingdon Valley, PA

162 Reviews for Precious Petals

Danielle · Married on 10/09/2011

Darlene was wonderful, and really set the scene perfectly, but even the things I didn't know I wanted. Everyone was so nice and helpful every step of the way. I missed two appointments due to family emergencies, and everyone was so nice, even allowing me to have my final consultation by phone. Between the ceremony decor, personal flowers, reception decor, and personal touches, the entire team at Precious Petals exceeded expectations.

Sent on 10/21/2011

Mariah · Married on 09/11/2010

We used Precious Petals for our flowers and uplighting. Darlene put together beautiful bouquets for me and my maids. I knew, going in, what kinds of flowers I wanted. Still, Darlene knew how to accentuate my dahlias and black magic roses with little touches of fiddlehead fern to make the bouquet stunning. The amber uplighting created a lovely glow at the reception, and the table flowers were simple and elegant. My only complaint is that the flower girls' flowers kept coming apart.

Sent on 10/31/2010

Ann M. · Married on 06/19/2010

Precious Petals was amazing. Darlene is a true artist. I told her what I wanted and she truly went above and beyond my expectations. I received and am still receiving compliments on the centerpieces, bouquets, and arrangements at the ceremony. I could not have been happier with our decision for Precious Petals to be our florist!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Chris · Married on 12/06/2009

I had a wonderful experience with Precious Petals and highly recommend them!! Darlene is professional, friendly and accomodating. I was on a somewhat tight floral budget, and she never once tried to push me towards more expensive flowers and decorations. She had wonderful ideas for table centerpieces that allowed me to keep my costs down. She also has many items for rent (votives, candles & vases, outside decorations, etc) which is a great way to save money over buying items that you will never use or need again! All of our wedding day flowers looked gorgeous. I thought her costs were very competitive as well, based on other florists I considered.

Sent on 12/28/2009

Melinda · Married on 11/07/2008

Precious Petals was wonderful and provided me with beautiful flowers and decor

Sent on 11/15/2008

Kristen · Married on 05/09/2008

Excellent to work with! I would recommend Darlene and Kelly to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2008

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2007

Darlene was great to work with. I was confused and didn't know where to start except for the colors I liked. She was very patient. The flowers were pricey, however they were far more beautiful than I expected and definitely made the day. The flowers were delivered on the wedding day at exactly the right time and were nice and fresh. Some of them even lasted for a couple days. It was nice not to have to worry about anything in terms of planning, delivery, etc. This was one of my lowest-maintenance vendors to work with and it was great. I just provide some color direction, and Darlene did the rest!

Sent on 11/10/2007

Lindsey · Married on 09/16/2017

Darlene and her team are so nice and helpful! They took my vision and absolutely nailed it!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Heather · Married on 08/17/2013

We hired Precious Petals to do the bouquets and reception centerpieces for our wedding. Everything was beautiful! They were great at being able to take what I wanted and make it look good. I didn't shop around so I don't really know about price, but since I did go over budget they defniitely worked with me at some spots to cut costs without ruining or totally changing what I had planned.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Darlene and her team at Precious Petals made my wedding day even more perfect. After our first meeting with Darlene, I knew she was the right person for our flowers. The entire Precious Petals team demonstrated such knowledge and professionalism throughout our planning period. All of our flowers were absolutely beautiful and it was evident that Darlene and her team really understood the vision for our day. The colors were amazing and the flowers really popped in our pictures! I can't thank Darlene and her team enough for the beautiful job that they did. I would recommend Precious Petals to anyone in the area looking for a professional group to make your flowers perfect!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Liz · Married on 06/09/2012

Darlene and her team are wonderful. From concept to creation, Darlene was incredibly helpful to me in wrapping my head around flowers -- something I love but know little to nothing about. She guided me in the right direction and I was so pleased with my flowers on the day of. Darlene also has exhaustive knowledge of local facilities, so she knows just where you need arrangements and where you can save a few pennies by passing.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Meredith · Married on 06/02/2012

Darlene at the Precious Petals team were great to work with for our wedding. During the planning, the team was very responsive and easy to work with as we made changes. All of the flowers were beautiful at the wedding. Very impressed with the gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Brian · Married on 10/07/2011

Amazing job, full of detail and vision

April and Brian

Sent on 12/19/2011

Beth · Married on 07/22/2011

Wonderful people to work with and very creative. You'd be making a wise selection.

Sent on 09/14/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/25/2011

3.5

Working with Precious Petals was a wonderful experience. We had two consultations and they were able to understand our vision. Darlene was friendly, personable, and really understood what wanted. The table arrangements were incredible and the pin-spotting was perfect. We got compliments from everyone . . . even the guys! Absolutely wonderful and I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/05/2012

Megan · Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful Flowers!

Darlene did an absolutely phenomenal job with my flowers! I sent pictures of what I wanted, and she did exactly that. They also put flowers on my wedding cake, and it turned out absolutely beautiful with the flower on there as well. I tried so much to keep them intact throughout the wedding and it lasted all night. I love that they even used part of my dress fabric and used that for the bouquet.

The only downside of Precious Petals, were that they weren't as responsive when I sent emails as much as I liked, however, my flowers were so beautiful everything worked out perfectly.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Sara · Married on 11/11/2016

3.0

I would highly recommend using Precious Petals for your wedding flowers. Darlene was a pleasure to work with, very knowledgeable, and my bouquet and table centerpieces were more beautiful than I imagined!

Sent on 12/02/2016
  • User4195789 · 2+ years ago

We used Precious Petals as our wedding florist. Leading up to the event, Darlene and her staff communicated regularly according to the agreed upon timeline for communication, and were kind and enthusiastic about our event. Just be prepared to communicate with multiple people via email and double check that all messages were received and noted. They helped us include all of our special touches, including adding my grandmother's lace to the bridal and MOH bouquets and adorning the bridal bouquet with a special locket at the request of the MOB in a very tasteful way. The personal flowers, centerpieces and welcome table vase were beautiful and delivered on time.

The welcome table flowers were in an unimpressive plastic vase that had some visible flaws up close, though likely not visible to the guests. It would have been helpful if someone instructed the groomsmen on which flowers were theirs and helped them put them on, as they found themselves without assistance prior to the pictures and ceremony. The lanterns inside the house at the venue (Knowlton Mansion) were required to have battery-operated candles, which was known by the Precious Petals staff, but real candles were left inside and were thus not lit. It was not until the MOB asked someone from the venue to replace them with battery operated candles that they were able to be used. The bridal bouquet was beautiful but differed slightly in the color palette from what was requested—an all blush/petal palette was requested with no ivory and the actual bouquet had ivory roses and some fuchsia peonies. Ultimately, we feel Precious Petals helped make our wedding beautiful and would recommend them for your event.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Jody · Married on 11/11/2007

Darlene and her team were wonderful. Everyone loved the flowers.

Sent on 11/14/2007

Diane · Married on 02/10/2006

3.5

I loved working with Precious Petals. They were so nice and very understanding. A lot of florists laughed at me when I told them my wedding was right before Valentines' Day, but not these ladies. Everything was fresh, gorgeous, and they even worked with me and made great suggestions for working within my budget, at a time of year when the price of roses is so inflated. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/15/2008

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2015

My sister had used Precious Petals for her wedding, and even 5 years later everyone is talking about how beautiful her flowers were, so it was a given that I was going to use Precious Petals when it came to my big day on November 6, 2015. Darlene and her team are professionals through and through. I was a very picky bride and Darlene was always very patient with me and had answers to every single question. We did a mock up of my centerpieces because I was concerned how they would look leading up to the wedding. Darlene sat with me as I critiqued it and completely disassembled and made a new centerpiece that was exactly as I envisioned it. All of the florals exceeded my expectations when they arrived on my wedding day, and I received countless compliments on them. Thank you, Darlene! Your expertise is unmatched.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Meghan · Married on 06/26/2015

3.5

Darlene was wonderful to work with! She was flexible in meeting locations, and even came to my mother's house towards the end of the planning process to pick up a truck load of decor for us. She was patient with me throughout the year and a half planning, where I changed my mind about 5,000 times. The last meeting the bouquet she brought was still not quite right.. but on the day she was spot on! The colors were gorgeous and the bouquets were so unique.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Danielle · Married on 01/02/2015

Precious Petals were perfect for what I needed; Someone who would take what I did and fill in the blanks for me! I really appreciated how well they worked with me on my proposal and budget. They did a stunning job with the floral arrangements - exactly my vision. Just perfect!

Sent on 02/18/2015
  • Lynn

Lynnijah · Married on 05/19/2019

Check them out

Precious Petals did an outstanding job with the flowers for my wedding. They gave me everything I asked for. They are a bit on the pricey side but it is totally worth it. I love how Darlene is honest with you about the sensitivity with certain flowers. I would totally use them again if I never needed flowers.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Precious Petals's reply:

Thank you Lynn for all of your kind words! It was so much fun working with you throughout the planning process. Your entire wedding was stunning.

Having just seen a few examples and pictures of centerpieces, flowers and bouquets, we met with Darlene and knew Precious Petals was going to be our florist for our wedding!

The specific kind of creativity, beauty and elegance I was looking for made Precious Petals stand out. The service was also very good. From the beginning, we trusted Darlene to handle all aspects of our floral needs with minimal stress, especially since we had MANY logistical headaches associated with our wedding including a change in venue. We must say the flower arrangements, the choice of colors and centerpieces matched 100% to our wishes!

One particular characteristic we really admired was Darlene's communication. During the consultations she really listened carefully and asked insightful questions. She captured our vision well and did so in relative budget constraints. Just an FYI though, be sure to factor in the 14% labor charge when budgeting...we went over our budget to do our lack of attention to this charge!

Overall, we would not have changed anything in the service! Precious Petals did a great job and we would recommend them to several friends getting married in 2016!

Sent on 10/03/2015