Prallsville Mills Reviews

7 | Stockton, NJ

7 Reviews for Prallsville Mills

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazingly perfect wedding!

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding at the Prallsville Mills!! Stacey with Crave Events was absolutely amazing! She made the whole process so easy, streamlined, and stress-free. Everyone there was truly wonderful and we just had the best wedding possible! Thank you!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Louise · Married on 08/18/2018

Prallsville Mills turned out to be an excellent venue for my daughter's wedding; more beautiful than we imagined. It combines natural beauty, historic significance, and a wonderfully large and interesting space to allow guests to find unusual nooks and crannies to sit and relax. We were able to have two dance floors - even though there were 100 guests - one for those who wanted a relaxed time and one for younger souls who wanted to dance like crazy. Neither space, however, intruded on the other. The catering company, Crave Events, was stellar; the best catered experience I have ever had (reviewed elsewhere). I highly recommend this location for a lovely and special event.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Kaleigh · Married on 09/26/2014

The Prallsville Mills was beautiful and everything I was looking for in a venue. The staff at the historic association were easy to get and touch with and very responsive to any of my inquires before the event. I would recommend this venue to any bride looking for a rustic wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

3.5
      3.5

I fell in love with Prallsville Mills before even seeing the venue in person. Honestly, this unique building shouldn't even be dubbed a "venue". Every single guest at my wedding complemented on how the space was so beautiful and different, not like all the other "cookie cutter" venues advertised now a days. At the time I booked my event the Mill was going through some changes of which vendors they were working with, because I booked during this transition time I got lucky enough to be sort of "grandfathered in" to picking what vendors I wanted as far as a Caterer, rental provider and DJ. The DRMS who runs the Mill has since started using Crave Catering as their "Exclusive service provider" - and while I'm sure they provide all the necessary food, tables, etc. I can't comment on their quality or services.
    My wedding could not have been in a more beautiful setting then Prallsville Mills, it made our day pretty difficult to top!!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Paul · Married on 05/30/2015

2.4
      1.5

Let us start with the good news: The Prallsville Mills is a beautiful venue to have a wedding. The backdrop for our ceremony was gorgeous (we had it outside in front of the red barn) and the reception location fit our rustic vibe perfectly. All the guests were enthusiastic about venue and found it very original. It made for amazing photographs and, in terms of looks, was beyond what we were hoping for. What is more, the venue was very affordable.

In addition, the rentals themselves (i.e. the linens, plates, etc.) fit in to our vision perfectly and were reasonably prices.

Now the bad news: The staff were very responsive to our questions/inquiries until we actually signed a contract. Then it became very difficult to get in touch with anyone. We had to call the office multiple times just to get answers to simple questions.

On the day of the wedding, we were supposed to have a "site manager" who we had to pay for in order to have our wedding there. This manager was supposed to open up the venue for us and manage the site during the night. She did show up on time, however she was dressed very unprofessionally. In addition, a big party bus from a wedding at the venue next door parked in the middle of our parking lot shortly before guests were due to arrive for our wedding. This prevented our guests from parking. We wanted the site manager to have the bus moved, but she was no where to be found. Luckily, after a half hour of searching, our caterer got fed up and got the bus to move. While everything worked out (thanks to our awesome caterer), this was not the kind of stressor that we wanted moments before our wedding ceremony. As far as the rest of the night goes, she did nothing else but turn some lights on and off.

It was also insanely hot on the dance floor. We had a late May wedding so we thought it wouldn't be too hot (and, indeed, it was a cool night), but the venue is just not equipped with adequate AC.

We recommend it only for its beauty.

Sent on 09/07/2015

M · Married on 07/24/2010

1.4
      0.5
      1.5
      2.5
      2.0

A lovely setting, but the facility is not equipped to handle summer heat nor accessibility issues. Rustic is an understatement. A mid summer reception was embarassingly sweltering with guests soaked to the skin from the lack of properly functioning air conditioning. Bathroom and kitchen are minimal. Spider webs and goose droppings were the final touch. Bride Beware!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

1.4
      1.0

Very difficult to work by not being very responsive to emails/calls and having limited information. Be prepared for hidden costs. We were required to have (and pay) for an event monitor who wasn't even there. Very limited lighting for an outdoor venue. Would not recommended because of the unnecessary stress working with the staff.

Sent on 11/26/2016