Powerstation Events Reviews

Powerstation Events 7
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 12/28/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

We had Frank from Powerstation for our wedding DJ on 12/28/18 and he was awesome! So friendly and very easy to work with. We provided an extensive list of songs we definitely wanted to hear during dinner and dance (100+ songs) and he put together a list that flowed and matched the vibe of the night. Frank respected our "do not play" list and also took requests from guests if they flowed with what he was playing and reflected the type of songs we had on our list. He checked in with us regarding volume which we appreciated. You can tell Frank didn't just put together a prearranged list, press play, and sit back the rest of the night - he really was working the entire night; being very attentive to how the night was progressing and in what direction he should go next for a song choice. Everyone was on the dance floor for a solid 4 hours straight which is exactly what we wanted! I absolutely recommend Frank as your wedding DJ!

• Holly

Holly Crouse · Married on 11/24/2018

We love Kelsey!

I booked Powerstation for 3 services for my wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills (photography, hair/makeup, and florals) and they all exceeded my expectations in every way! We had Kelsey as our photographer and she was particularly INCREDIBLE! We got to know Kelsey over the phone when we had our consultation and knew immediately she would be a great fit for my husband and me. We had a 1 hour engagement session with her in March where we really began to build our relationship and needless to say we loved our photos. When it came to our wedding day, Kelsey was MUCH MORE than a photographer. She was a therapist and a friend and helped keep us calm all day. She made sure we took EVERY SINGLE PHOTO that we talked about and was adaptable throughout the day when our timeline got a little tight. During our first look, my dress ended up getting a bit dirty from being outside and Kelsey got down on hand and knee and helped my bridesmaids get every speck of dirt out. I am speechless about the service she provided. Knowing that Kelsey had shot tons of weddings at the Barns helped the day flow seamlessly. I could go on and on about how fantastic she was :)...BOOK HER!

Kathryn · Married on 09/22/2018

Our experience with powerstation events was nothing short of exceptional! From the moment we walked in to meet with the vendors to the wedding day! Any question we had were quickly answered! They are pricey but if you want quality and great service in every way possible that is what you are paying for!
    Also if you have 2 or more services with them you get a coordinator that works with you if you have questions! Amanda “G” was so helpful!
    Keith also was so helpful! He hooked us up with a great guitarist for our ceremony music, Dave G and he played everything we wanted! It was beautiful!
    Our DJ Paul! What can we say about Paul! If you want a party, you need to go with Paul! He was so funny and great to work with! He’s so good at what he does! I had so many people remark that night and after that he was wonderful! Music wasn’t loud during the meal time but once that was over It was party time! We were sad we weren’t on the dance floor as much as our guests! Paul would always be our first pick!

Kelsey our photographer was an absolute dream! She was so easy going and efficient! She was more than a photographer that day, she helped with so many things from putting on the boutonnières on all 9 men to sipping up bridesmaids dresses and taking my veil off my head and putting it back in the bridal suite! She was more than willing to help in any way and she was completely focused on getting all the right shots of the wedding and wedding party! We are so excited to get back all the photos!
    We also used their lighting and decor! They made everything we wanted into a reality! It looked Luke a dreamy escape with twinkling lights!
    The whole powerstation team is seamless! Can not recommend them enough!
    Thank you!
    Erik and Katie 9/22/18

Amira · Married on 09/08/2018

I can't say enough good things about Powerstation. We had specific types of table settings we wanted for a South Asian themed wedding - something inspired by what we saw on Pinterest that had an impossible time finding anywhere else. Caitlin went on Pinterest and found the exact source that was used in the picture we saw and tracked it down for our rehearsal dinner.. She helped us execute on an idea we had in our heads, cobbled together by what we saw on random pinterest boards, and made it a reality two nights in a row. She drove out of her way to do a site walkthrough ahead of time to make sure all the details were in place, and everything came together seamlessly and without a either of us breaking a sweat. Hire them and make your life easy.

Ed · Married on 08/19/2018

If I could give more than a 5 Star review I would. Power Stations was amazing for our wedding!!! Especially our DJ Dave Salonia who was the best we could have asked for! He had everyone dancing from the moment he was able too! All of our guests raved about how great he was. He was funny, knew our personalities and just made it the time of our lives! Thank you Dave and Team for being so professional and making the overall experience awesome!!

kelly · Married on 08/18/2018

Powerstation was just a great company to work with - they listen to what you have to say and work to create that vision. And besides music they work with florists, and transporatation companies so really you could do one stop shopping.
    Rich was our DJ - he was so friendly, took into account our wishes and made them all come true. He kept everyone up on the dance floor - dancing the nite away.

Jenny · Married on 08/18/2018

Kelsey and Claire were our photographers, they did such an incredible job the day of our wedding, making sure that everything went as smoothly as possible. We just got our teaser photos, and they are absolutely amazing, we can’t wait to see the rest! We loved having Todd as our DJ, he keep the crowd involved and dancing all night long! Our guests loved the photobooth run bubble Heather as well, it was a blast! Definitely recommend Kelsey, Claire, Todd and Heather to anyone who is looking for a stress free day! Thank you all so much!

Meg · Married on 08/10/2018

My fiance (now husband!) and I had a wonderful experience with Powerstation! From our initial meeting about DJ services with Kevin to contracting with Rich, the team answered all of our questions, provided extensive information about their services, and made us feel like we were already part of the Powerstation family! Our friends and family are still raving about what a fantastic job Rich did! He blended our eclectic music tastes with current hits that kept everyone on the dance floor. We are so happy that we chose Powerstation for our special day!

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/28/2018

Charlie is the absolute best!

I cannot say enough about what a great job Charlie did as the DJ at our wedding. The music that was played throughout the night was exactly our taste and after dinner had everyone on the dance floor. Charlie was also really helpful in deciding our schedule and timing of the night. He made the recommendation to move things around due to the timing of dinner to play a specially requested song and it worked out perfectly, I’m so glad that he was able to facilitate so that we could add that in smoothly to the events of the night. I have also received endless compliments from our guests about how awesome he was and everyone was blown away that he had walked around to personally introduce himself to different tables and made sure everyone was enjoying the music selection. Charlie was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with at our wedding.

Rachel · Married on 07/27/2018

We had an incredible experience with Powerstation Events! Our DJ, Dave Salonia, was amazing. He took great care in carrying out the reception exactly as we envisioned it. He kept the crowd dancing the whole time, read the crowd insanely well, and even went overtime and played an exta song when our loud family demanded more at the end of the night! Our Powerstation photographer was Heather Wirsing. Our wedding was only a couple weeks ago, so we do not have all the professional pictures yet, but had an incredible experience with her! She did our engagement photo shoot as well, which we LOVED, so we can't wait for the wedding photos! On our wedding day, she was so attentive to every detail and every random photo request we had. If an unexpected special moment was happening, I turned around and she was already there. I cannot wait to scroll through every image. We also booked the florals, InBloom, through Powerstation. The florists brought my vision to life beautifully. The guests who took the centerpieces as gifts gushed about how beautiful they were, and I loved my bridal bouquet! Finally, we also chose to book Powerstation's photo booth. I was on the fence about the price, but made the call to go for it a couple weeks before the wedding. It was the BEST DECISION. We loved it, our guests loved it, and we now have every image digitally online and physically in a scrapbook that the photobooth attendant made for us that night to take home at the end of our wedding! It is a beautiful memory of all of our guests and their experience at our wedding! Booking four services through one company was so convenient because all already knew each other, were comfortable working together, and followed the same business practices. We were SO pleased and impressed with Powerstation Events!

Jaclyn · Married on 07/22/2018

We had Dave S. From powerstation as our DJ - everything was perfect from ceremony music to dance party. Every guest was up dancing at some point, age ranged from 2-80 years old. 100% hands down best dj out there! Customer for life.

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Dave Salonia from Powerstation was beyond what we could have expected!! His music was perfect during both the ceremony and reception. The dance floor was never empty, and he made our wedding a true party! We loved every moment of our big day and are so grateful Dave was a part of it! The entire team at Powerstation was wonderful. They made choosing a DJ easy! 100% recommend!! We also used Helena from In Bloom. Her flowers were unbelievably perfect!! She was so organized and on top of everything!! Her flowers were beyond what I expected, and did everything so perfectly!! We are so grateful!

Powerstation Events 8
    Powerstation Events 9
    Powerstation Events 10
    Powerstation Events 11

Sharon · Married on 07/14/2018

Our wedding was held on July 14, 2018 at Water's Edge Resort, Westbrook, CT. If you are looking for dj services, look no further then dj, Dave Salonia of Powerstation. We had to overcome a prior situation and Dave came to our rescue. He provided the ultimate in service and professionalism and he really listened to our needs, our choices, our likes/dislikes and proved his high quality dj services during our reception. During our interview, he provided suggestions, music selections, basically constructive advice ,and we always felt that Dave had our best interest . We can honestly say that he played our music (play-list) exactly as we had asked and was able to sense the crowd and provide additional music choices accordingly! Also, his announcement of Mr. & Mrs. for the first time was spot-on--fantastic. With his infectious smile and warm nature, Dave was the consummate professional. Several bridal party members and guests commented positively on Dave's services. Should we need further dj services, we will be contacting Powerstation for dj Dave!!
    The musicians, to inlcude the violinist and cello player, were exceptional and played beautiful music during the processional and wedding march. Absolutely beautiful!! I wish we could give them an oscar!
    Flowers-Helena Willis from In-Bloom Florals/c/o-Powerstation was professional and absolutely great to work with. She provided great advice and steered me in the right flower direction. My modern, messy bouquet of a mixture of cream roses cascading down was absolutely stunning and admired by all. The bridesmaids bouquets.. again were exactly what I had envisioned and were gorgeous!!
    Steven & Sharon Merzigian

Gina · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I booked our DJ services, decor services, and uplighting through Power Station Events. I am so happy that this company was recommended to us by The River House at Goodspeed Station; they exceeded our wildest expectations. Rich, our DJ, was reliable, knowledgeable, flexible, and got to know our wedding and style personally. Our guests RAVED about the music, lighting, and decorations that Power Station provided. The arch behind our sweet heart table, the gorgeous additions to our sweet heart table, our GOBO, and the little additions to our cocktail hour brought everything together.
    If you are in need of a DJ, design, floral, uplighting, or any decor for your wedding, USE POWER STATION. I cannot thank this company enough for everything they did to make our wedding the most beautiful day.

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2018

We hired Kevin Williams from Powerstation Events as our DJ and he was FANTASTIC!!!! All of my guests kept raving about the music all night. He was so fun to work with and definitely kept the party going all night.

ryan · Married on 05/27/2018

Dave Salonia was the DJ for our wedding 2 weeks ago and could not have been happier! He was very interactive with the crowd and had a great feel of music to be played as we had a wide age range to please. We also made a couple last minute changes with him that he took in stride. Everything came out perfect. I know that if any of our friends that attended the wedding in the area that were in need of a DJ, I'm sure they would contact Dave for their event. We had numerous people come up to us and say that the DJ was great. Thanks again Dave!

Tiffany · Married on 04/14/2018

Powerstation Events was amazing for us at our wedding! Todd Armstrong was our DJ and he was awesome! We were worried about the music at our wedding being generic, and not reflecting our personalities, and not evoking memories we had made over the years with our guests, but Todd got us right away. He made the whole process super easy, and his sense of humor put us at ease. He took our requests & ideas and put together a stellar playlist that made our night-- from the ceremony to the last song-- absolutely wonderful!

Kat · Married on 04/14/2018

Incredibly comprehensive and high-quality service. I felt taken care of during my appointments and that proper preparation and backup procedures were in place, making using Powerstation a stress-free experience.
    The DJ choosing process consisted of an in-person meeting where I was encouraged to express what qualities I was looking for in a DJ and videos of DJs matching my description were shown to me until I chose a DJ perfect for my specific needs. When he had to go on sick leave, I was contacted by phone and directed to the website, where the videos are available to choose another DJ and was able to discuss at length with one of the representatives which might be the best second choice. And it turned out the "second choice" DJ was amazing! He did a great job making me feel like my desires were heard, and he delivered exactly as promised. I had guests asking me "where did you get the DJ?"
    Highly satisfied customer, and let my story show that even when things don't go as planned, with Powerstation, they have you covered and care about making your experience amazing and your big day the best they possibly can.

• User6393005 · 1+ year ago

So glad we went with Powerstation Events! We used their DJ service and worked with In Bloom Florals. They were both awesome, helpful and friendly, and responsive to all my questions. Our DJ, Rich, was great! He found all the music we wanted and even wore his Star Wars tie to go with our entrance song. And the dance floor was full all night! In Bloom was the same. So helpful and friendly, and my flowers were amazing. I couldn't get over them, and my guests loved them, too. We also had a photobooth from Powerstation, which was a huge hit, and uplighting, which looked awesome. I would absolutely recommend Powerstation Events!

Cassandra · Married on 09/30/2017

We wish there was a higher rating!! Kevin Williams was our DJ for our wedding on 9/30/17 and we loved him from the minute we had our first meeting. We knew that day that he would make our reception the party we've dreamed of and he exceeded our expectations! Kevin, thank you so much for your dedication in giving us and our guests a memorable evening and always making sure that were ready for special shout outs and moments in the night! Music is a very important part of a wedding reception and everyone was complimenting your talent and personality! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Powerstation Events 12

Samantha and Matthew · Married on 09/30/2017

We chose Powerstation as the vendor of our choice planning an out of state wedding. From a telephone conference to actually almost interview different DJs and personalities by watching each DJs video and actual footage from weddings, we knew right off the bat we wanted rich!!! He was the easiest of all the vendors we had to work with. He was easily reached by phone anytime we had questions, he made the process stress free and easy! Honestly we knew we wanted to give him a list of songs to play... which he was more than happy to do and added some of his own magic on the actual day to play songs that were crowd pleasers, and he ensured the bride and groom were present during our favorite requested songs! We received so many compliments that every song was perfect and tasteful to match the theme of the wedding. We were entertained 100% of the time. Recent weddings we have been to we notice there isn’t a good flow of songs/choices/styles and people end up not joining the dance floor... well not with rich, we are so happy to say our wedding was a big hit many thanks to the music!!! The dance floor was FULL with at least 40-50 people the entire time. We even got compliments on how the volume was just right so people could hear over dinner. Overall power station was the best choice and we had never worked with them but would definitely again. We will also highly recommend Rich!!! The lighting, flexibility in songs the night of, and amount of interaction and personability with the crowd was the perfect balance !!!! He hit the target with us and thank him for being a part of our special day!!!

Ps we posted photos below to show the awesome uplighting that my photographer was able to take awesome photos at night! We played spin the bottle on the floor, every time it landed the DJ would play a different song and the person the bottle pointed to went in middle and danced! We went on and on for probably 15 min we recommend FIREBALL song! As u in pix below, smiles all around!

Powerstation Events 13
    Powerstation Events 20
    Powerstation Events 21
    Powerstation Events 22

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

Our DJ Charlie was fantastic. You could tell how organized and detail oriented he was in the call we had with him leading up to the wedding. The reception was perfect from start to finish, and Charlie was one of the major reasons why. Played all the songs we had requested and personally informed of any questions or concerns he had throughout the night. I would definitely recommend him for any sort of function.

Christine · Married on 09/09/2017

This entire company was absolutely wonderful to work with and made our wedding planning so easy and so simple. Our DJ, David Rossi was fantastic; he some how managed to play such a large spectrum of genres and music to adhere to the diverse music preferences of our guest all while keeping people on the dance floor all night. Heather Wirsing, our photographer, was out of this world. I have never witnessed such photography talent in my life. For a couple who hates getting their picture taken, she made our engagement and wedding session so easy and so comfortable. Our engagement photos were absolutely beautiful and somehow captured exactly who ryan and I are as a couple. I haven’t seen wedding photos yet, but I already know they are going to be amazing.

Silvia · Married on 09/03/2017

Dave S did such an amazing job during our wedding! He created the atmosphere we hoped for and our guests were raving about him for several days after. Many guests also requested to get access to his playlist! We had a great experience working with him and couldn’t have asked for anything better!