Powerhouse Sound Reviews

32 | Shamokin, PA

32 Reviews for Powerhouse Sound

• Cari

Cari · Married on 08/17/2019

Our DJ did a wonderful job! She was so organized, kept everyone entertained & had a variety of good music to choose from. Our wedding was perfect, thank you again!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, if you ever need anything let us know, birthday parties graduations, Etc, will give you a huge discount, once again congratulations and thank you so much

Jim Kellum · Married on 06/29/2019

Powerhouse made our day

Best Wedding Ever! was what we keep hearing. Powerhouse was a BIG part of it. We worked with the DJ the set the volume to a reasonable level so strangers could mingle, meet, and talk. We provided the list of ALL the music to play and they did not stray from it. "Uplighting" was provided to accent the room making an intimate setting. From the initial meeting to the last minute changes, Powerhouse helped us plan and coordinate much of the details. We would not change a single thing about the initial Cocktail hour, the Wedding, or the Reception. The fee for their services turned out to be a great value. They came highly recommended and now I see why. We'll recommend them to any and all.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure working with you, oh, we're so glad everyone had a great time, congratulations
  • Christian

Christian · Married on 11/01/2018

Great experience

These guys offer a great service at a fair price. All requested songs were played, and they kept the party moving. John even included complimentary up-lighting and surprised us with a bubble machine that he used during the reception.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate it! Keep us in mind for the future. Congratulations!

Jillian · Married on 10/13/2018

We had a wonderful time!

He was very helpful and was willing to meet prior to the wedding to make sure everything was being pronounced correctly and to ensure the correct time la

Sent on 10/29/2018

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you for your review Jillian, I was glad to be your DJ, had a great time, you guys were so great to work with, and your guest were fantastic, keep me in mind for future parties, I'll give you a big discount on the photo booth, thanks again and congratulations.
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2018

We hired Power House for our September 22, 2018 wedding in Lewisburg, and they were fantastic! John was a pleasure to talk to each and every time throughout the planning process. Our DJ, Brian, was great! The ceremony music was as requested, as well as the cocktail hour and reception. Everyone had a blast!!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review, congratulations
  • jessica

jessica · Married on 09/21/2018

Talk about a fantastic DJ! He was super prepared - great to work with and an all around fantastic guy. We used him for our wedding at the Pine Barn Inn, and he was energetic and knew how to get our guests to interact without making it obvious! We wouldn't hesitate to hire Powerhouse Sound again - the value, professionalism and quality is top notch. The music and DJ service (and fabulous uplighting) really made our wedding the perfect day. When I get my photos back, I will be happy to post some images!! THANK YOU.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, your photos will be sent out this week, again congratulations.

Crystal · Married on 09/15/2018

Power House DJ was amazing! They did an absolutely fabulous job! So easy to work with! They kept our guests dancing and engaged! The photo booth was so much, the uplighting and monogram were beautiful, and song selection was great! Ryan and I could not say enough to express how much we enjoyed having the Power House as our wedding DJ! Thank you so much for all that you did to make our wedding special!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review, you guys were great, congratulations guys

Stephanie · Married on 07/07/2018

John did a great job and kept the dance floor full. I recommend using the bubble machine (so cool). We also had John provide the photobooth for us. Lots of fun props to use. Made some great memories!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Thank you for your review congratulations

Amanda · Married on 04/28/2018

John was great, he answered any questions we had & had the crowd dancing all night long! 2nd time using powerhouse sounds best company hands down!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Arthur · Married on 01/27/2018

Powerhouse dj systems did our wedding and was fantastic , in bloomsburg pa , the photo booth was a hit , I would recommend these guys highly .

Sent on 01/26/2018

Powerhouse Sound's reply:

Hello Arthur, the wedding date was the 13th of January not the 27th , maybe you can correct that , thank you, hey congratulations!

Connie · Married on 10/28/2017

What can I say about Powerhouse...they rocked our wedding! From the cocktail hour music to the last dance of the night they were awesome! Professionalism and their expertise was such a comfort. As an overwhelmed bride, John (the owner) made me feel very assured he would have it under control and he did! We also had the photo booth and that too was a hit! Thank you for helping to make our reception a success!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot express enough love and gratitude towards Powerhouse! He contributed so well into making my wedding absolutely perfect! He was so nice, friendly, fun and professional in every way! I loved how he asked before everything to make sure it was what I wanted and when! He played awesome music and all of my guests loved him and his services, and I would recommend him to everyone!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Charlotte · Married on 10/14/2017

John did an awesome job! He kept us all on the dance floor throughout the night till it was time to shut down. He played every song requested by us and other guests! Highly recommended for any occasion! We will be contacting him for future events!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2017

What an awesome time!!! Showed up on time went through details with us before the ceremony and reception. Provided beautiful music for the ceremony including a song for my girls to walk down to and even a little something for when we poured our unity sand. The DJ was great, played all the songs that I asked and many more classics! The photo booth was AMAZING, such a great time for us on our special day and to have an awesome time with our guests. He provided so many props for the photo booth that made the night! I cannot wait to receive the photos from it and see how silly! Overall a great experience with this DJ and I would recommend and use again! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Nikki · Married on 08/19/2017

John was great to work with throughout the entire planning process and provided excellent entertainment at the reception. He had pretty much everyone on the dance floor all night! He also accommodated our outdoor ceremony with high quality microphones and music selections. Great Quality & Price- highly recommend!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Michelle · Married on 06/24/2017

John did an excellent job with our wedding! He was very helpful and accommodating, even got an inverter to power sound at our ceremony location that did not have power access. He kept everyone engaged on the dance floor. I would totally recommend him to others!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Stacy · Married on 06/17/2017

we had an amazing time at our wedding, the crowd was engaged and dancing all night, everyone had a great time, the price was very reasonable. Would recommend them for future events.....

Sent on 06/19/2017

Kayla · Married on 04/15/2017

We hired Power House DJ for our wedding in April 2017 and we were nothing short of satisfied with the service he provided. John arrived about 40 minutes earlier than expected and gave himself enough time to set up. Our venue had an addition added a few months before our wedding so we were not sure where he would be set up but he was able to work with our venue coordinators to set up in a perfect spot. John was also very accommodating. I was undecided on the song I would walk down the aisle to until the night before but he assured me it would be fine as long as he knew what it would be a few hours before the wedding. I ended up texting the name and the artist to him the night before and then confirmed he had the right song when he showed up the next day. As I walked down the aisle I noticed John had slowed the song slightly (as it was a semi-upbeat song, not a traditional song to walk to) but it was perfect and gave it a romantic feel. We really appreciated the little touches John added, like the props for the YMCA and the bubbles at the end of our first dance -- it gave us some great pictures! John played great dinner music and knew how to get the party going after the meal was done. Our reception was only 4 hours (kind of short for a wedding) and many people had song requests and John was great at keeping up with everyone's requests as well as keeping up with our scheduled events (father/daughter and mother/groom dances, dollar dance, cake cutting). John also kept our one request- no chicken dance! I would recommend John and PowerHouse DJ Systems to anyone! His prices are reasonable and we definitely got what we paid for. We can't say enough good things about him! Thank you John for making our day so great!

Sent on 04/18/2017

michelle · Married on 07/16/2016

John did a fantastic job at our wedding! He played great songs and worked with us to make everything perfect! He received a lot of compliments from our guests!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Sherry · Married on 06/04/2016

John from Powerhouse Dj was great. He answered all my questions I had before booking him. He played all the songs we asked for plus many more! He was on time, organized and involved in the whole reception. Jon was very polite and professional. We hired him for or wedding and we would hire him again for our next occasion

Danielle · Married on 05/28/2016

John did a great job! He was able to play all of the songs we requested and also made his own selections to make it an amazing reception! We had a great time. He was very friendly and very easy to work/plan with.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Gilbert · Married on 04/23/2016

My daughter hired Power house sound for her wedding at Stonington fire company they had two great DJs played all the music that we ask for very professional,price was right ,I would definitely hire these guys again. Did I mention these guys were very professional

Nadine · Married on 03/12/2016

Our wedding was great . Our guests where on the dance floor all evening . The music and lights where awesome , thanks to our DJ John . Would recommend his company to friend and family . A +

Tiffany · Married on 10/24/2015

Very professional. Easy to work with and was able to do everything I requested. Our guests had a great time!

Sent on 10/27/2015

When we started our DJ selection process for our wedding we began with online searches for local DJ's which can be very stressful, that is when we found John and Powerhouse Sounds. What an outstanding choice, from the time we met John he was very friendly and extremely accommodating to all our needs, he went above and beyond with everything we asked him for, always there to answer questions and made our reception outstanding from start to finish, his professionalism was very impressive, we got alot of compliments from family and friends how great our DJ was. He had the right mix of music the whole night to fit all ages. On a side note John's wife Nikki was our photographer, Silver Treasures Photography, she was also outstanding, very professional and accommodating, the pictures she took were amazing. If you want a top notch DJ for your wedding or next event I would highly recommend Powerhouse Sounds. By the way prices were amazing for the level of professionalism we received. Thanks John and Nikki

Sent on 06/21/2016