Powell Entertainment Reviews

37 Reviews for Powell Entertainment

• Christie

Christie · Married on 06/21/2019

Wedding Reception DJ

Matt and Powell Entertainment did a great job of coordinating all of the music for our destination wedding ceremony and reception in Orange Beach, AL.
    Throughout the planning process there was clear communication which made the big day run smoothly. The online planning tool was very helpful and simple to use. On our big day, everything was perfect! I would definitely recommend Matt and Powell Entertainment when in the Orange Beach / Gulf Shores area.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Ashley Olsen Allen · Married on 03/30/2019

Awesome dj!

My husband and I had the BEST experience with Matt and his team at Powell Entertainment for our wedding in Pensacola, FL in March 2019! Matt kept the party going all night at the reception - the dance floor was always packed and my guests had an amazing time! He took the time to find out what type of vibe my husband and I were going for with our reception and absolutely made it happen. He even went out of his way before the big day to help me create a special mash up song for my Bride/Father dance! Matt and his team also added lighting to our reception venue and it without question looked amazing and was everything I had envisioned! If you are looking for a great DJ who goes above and beyond - look no further!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Christine · Married on 02/23/2019

Matt Powell is amazing!!

We had the best DJ by far!! Thank you Matt for helping to make our wedding so fun!! We danced all night long!!!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

Matt met with us about a week before our wedding and went over everything with us. His team also came to our venue the night before to set up cafe lights which was really great for us because we got to use them for our grooms dinner and our reception the next day as well. Sterling was our DJ for the reception and he was THE BEST. This guy seriously made our reception SO much fun, was on time, and kept the party going. I highly recommend these guys for your next event!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Margaret · Married on 10/28/2017

Matt with Powell Entertainment was absolutely phenomenal. We had a destination wedding and were unable to meet with him until the day of the wedding. Despite that, there was an open line of communication as soon as I initially contacted him. We requested two songs to be played during the reception, but otherwise, we left all music decisions to his professional judgment and we were not disappointed! Matt played an awesome mix that appealed to everyone and kept the dance floor hopping until the end of the party! He also helped us to organize our timeline for the reception, which was extremely helpful. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Kerri · Married on 08/19/2017

Oh my! Loved them!!!!!
    Albert and Jack were punctual and efficient in their set-up and tear-down. They were friendly, engaging, and cooperative! We reviewed the music according to the order of the ceremony and they executed it well! They kept the occasion and bridal party front and center rather than being showmen! We had so much fun! 3 cheers! Hats off! Kudos!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Karlee · Married on 07/23/2017

Matt and Trevor were so respectful and kind! They really bonded with all of us and the music never failed. I highly recommend them to everyone! Great job guys. Hope to use your services again in the near future ❤️

Sent on 07/24/2017

Jacquelyn · Married on 07/14/2017

This guy and his team are awesome! Matt really knows how to read the crowd and if you give him a list of songs you want played, he knows the perfect order to play them in. I highly recommend him for any event, especially weddings!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Kadie · Married on 06/17/2017

Matt was exceptional! Very personable but professional, he also responded to my emails very quickly. We used cafe lighting in our venue and it looked amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2017
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 04/07/2017

Not only has Matt Powell mastered DJing wedding events but has also mastered professional events. Matt Powell was extremely professional, easy to communicate with and very organized. He was able to keep the party going and read the crowd. He took the stress out of trying to think of what songs to play. We had a great time at our reception due to Matt Powell! Also the ease of payments was amazing, no phone calls, no checks, just an easy online payment. We would recommend Matt for any private event, work event, wedding or celebration. Thanks Matt!
    Kristin and Austin

Sent on 04/25/2017

Heather · Married on 03/30/2017

We used Powell Entertainment for our wedding lighting, and I am so thankful we decided to go with him. Matt was a pleasure to work with, from last minute changes due to the rain to ensuring the chandeliers we provided were wind-proofed, he was wonderful. Our wedding turned out beautifully and we received so many compliments about our chandeliers and cafe lighting! I would definitely recommend using Powell Entertainment for lighting, and DJ services.

Sent on 04/03/2017

Vikki · Married on 03/11/2017

They did such a great job with our wedding! Our wedding was outdoors, and he used the string lighting under the tent we had for our reception and to cover an area outside the tent. It was truly picture perfect especially with the up lights he added too! He played all the right music and was also able to provide instrumental music for someone that was singing at our wedding. This was great because I didn't have time to find it myself with all the busy planning I was doing. Also he worked with us when I had a family emergency come up and was very patient and understanding even though this made the planning with him be postponed, he still made the ceremony come out beyond what I could have ever imagined. I would recommend him in a heart beat to anyone else and I challenge anyone to find a better DJ in the area, because you won't.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Tom · Married on 12/31/2016

Our daughter's December 31, 2016 wedding reception was a smashing success! Powell Entertainment provided top-notch music, sound system and lighting that kept the dance floor highly occupied continuously for almost six hours straight! Matt added a special waltz to his playlist for the Daughter/Dad dance, going above and beyond, making the night that much more special. When the music is good, you dance and we did! You have found your DJ/Lighting vendor!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Chantel · Married on 12/02/2016

Matt was extraordinary! He was able to read the crowd perfectly, and everyone loved him! We highly recommend him to anyone that needs a DJ, and we can't thank him enough for helping make our special day perfect!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Megan · Married on 11/12/2016

Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning planning stages until the wedding. He was very professional and accommodating and definitely made our wedding a night to remember! We were so impressed with everything he did, especially the live music duo that he set us up with for the ceremony and cocktail hour. He was very helpful with all of our last minute changes and did everything he could to make it all run smoothly the day of. Very impressed all around!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/22/2016

Powell entertainment was amazing. He worked with me throughout the planning of my wedding to make it as easy as possible to get what we were looking for. Always stayed in touch. It was perfect couldn't have ask for anyone better! Would reccomend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Tawanna · Married on 10/15/2016

Hiring Powell Entertainment was absolutely the BEST decision we could have made! From the time we first spoke on the phone to the day of the wedding Matt was AMAZING! He was much more than a DJ for us. He went above and beyond to make sure that our special day was smooth and stress free. We didn't hire a day of coordinator because Matt assured us that he would take care of everything. HE DID THAT AND THEN SOME! We filled out a questionnaire with our music choices for the wedding and a Masterpiece was created for the dance floor! We wanted steel drum players for wedding and Matt made it happen! The dance floor was never empty and the smiles on our guests faces were priceless! Matt really knew how to read the crowd well. Our guests are still talking about how awesome our wedding and music were!

Thank you Powell Entertainment for making our wedding day and after party the ABSOLUTE best day of our life. We couldn't have pulled it off without them.

If you want to hire a true professional with years of experience and connections, Powell Entertainment is the way to go !!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Megan · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband Peter and I went into the wedding planning process having no clue what we were doing but at the least knowing when it came to music we didn’t want to hire any old DJ, who may or may not be a DJ come wedding time. Between his top notch website and a few minutes of our first meeting - we both knew Matt Powell was THE guy.

Matt’s laid-back but highly seasoned, professional demeanor is just what we needed. He put us completely at ease with every part of the process, met with us several times and his emails were always prompt and direct.

Matt isn’t just a DJ. He is an all-purpose fusion of everything entertainment. He set up beautiful tea lights and wall lighting inside the venue, played the high quality ceremony music and then like a wizard appeared over at the reception to manage cocktail hour music. He introduced our wedding party like the pro he is and flawlessly executed the rest of the evening. Our guests loved him, loved the music and loved the extra ambiance all of his lighting added to the venue.

In short- our expectations were exceeded and then some. Our wedding flowed to perfection due to a small handful of people… Matt was, without a doubt, one of them. I will recommend Powell Entertainment to everyone and anyone, without hesitation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sincerely,
    Megan and Peter Rockhill

Sent on 09/14/2016

Chasity · Married on 06/07/2016

Best advice from me about booking this DJ? --Don't look any further. He is absolutely amazing and knows what he is doing. We really enjoyed every moment of our reception and it turned out so much better than I expected it to!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Matt was super responsive and available whenever needed. There were a few hiccups during the big day, but Matt did a great job going with the flow and reading the crowd. Everyone had a blast.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Kelly · Married on 05/29/2016

Matt was wonderful from start to finish - he not only provided amazing musical entertainment for our wedding ceremony and reception, he also made our reception infinitely more enjoyable by running the timeline so my hubby and I didn't need to worry about a thing. On top of that, he provided stellar uplighting that made the venue look incredible! I highly recommend booking with Powell Entertainment.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Cassandra · Married on 05/28/2016

Just wonderful! Let with me several times before the wedding so that I would feel comfortable about everything. Amazing experience. My wedding was perfect.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

Matt did a wonderful job with the lighting for our ceremony! It completely changed the ambiance of the room we rented and made it feel so special! He was even able to order us a personalized light that projected above our table with our names and the date of our wedding, which turned out fabulous! Beautiful job and would definitely recommend for your lighting and DJ needs!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Tara · Married on 05/07/2016

I'm so happy I chose Matt to do my ceremony. I contacted Matt seven months before my wedding and he was very helpful, eager,professional, and courteous. I knew from our first phone call he was just what I was looking for. I contacted Matt several times before my wedding and he was always available!! The day of my wedding he was punctual and very helpful. I'm so happy we chose him. Matt made my day go just as planned!!!
    He was an amazing DJ/MC !
    Matt also provided gorgeous lighting for my ceremony which added a special touch! We were very pleased!

Very Happy,