Portsmouth Catering Company Reviews

32 | Salisbury, NH

32 Reviews for Portsmouth Catering Company

Lorrie M. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Lobster Bake

Super easy to work with and put out a fantastic New England Lobster Bake. The Chocolate cake was amazing!

Sent on 09/25/2020
  • Chad

Chad · Married on 09/19/2020

Portsmouth Catering

Mike & his crew did a fantastic job on our special day. The food and service was amazing. They were very professional in every aspect. I was also was taken back by their clean up efforts after dinner was served. Everything was cleaned and put away quickly and quietly so that we could continue to enjoy our special night. We are foodies and Mike had suggested several creative dishes to do instead of your typical basic choices. 10/10 would recommend them for any sort of event that needs catering!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Shwethee K. · Married on 09/12/2020

Great food, service & extremely friendly

We loved working with Michael at Portsmouth Catering company & his creative input to what we were looking for with our family’s varied palates. The food was amazing with everything complementing one another. We thoroughly enjoyed the food & couldn’t think of anyone else who would customize the food to us.

Michael sat down and listened to all of our ideas for what wanted the food at our wedding to be. We had to mix two different cultures together and knew it would be a challenge. He took our feedback and did a great job of creating a menu that had everything we were looking for and more. Everyone at the wedding loved the food.

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Amy

Amy O. · Married on 09/11/2020

Delicious food and positive energy

Portsmouth Catering Co. provided hors d'oeuvres and dinner for my wedding in November, 2019. We were pleased with the quality and presentation of food and by the friendly and professional staff. They magically prepared food in a small space and you'd never know it! I highly recommend Portsmouth Catering Co.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Stefanie B. · Married on 08/31/2019

Outstanding Wedding Caterer

I used Portsmouth Catering Co's catering and bartending service for our wedding this past August. From beginning to end, the team was extremely professional, proactive about offering menu suggestions, and flexible in making changes as plans for the day evolved. During the wedding, service was flawless from cocktail hour through last call, the food was delicious, and the staff was friendly and helped keep the reception flowing. I was so pleased with the value Portsmouth delivered and highly recommend them for weddings and major events!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Mary · Married on 09/08/2018

Portsmouth Catering just catered my daughter's wedding and we couldn't have been happier. Not only was the food delicious, but the servers/bartenders/planners were great to work with. Arrived the day before to check out the venue. Day of wedding showed up on time, stayed on schedule and left the kitchen facility clean and organized for the rentals to be picked up the next day. I highly recommend Portsmouth Catering.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Portsmouth Catering Company's reply:

Thanks Mary!! We loved doing your event, great people, good times! Keep in touch!

Howard · Married on 12/24/2017

Great to work with, great food!

Mike was awesome to work with and the food was fantastic! He catered a baby shower and graduation party in one for us for about 100 people. There was plenty of everything and his staff was wonderful.

Sent on 11/26/2019

Jackie · Married on 06/25/2016

Wow, where do I even begin? The food at our wedding was phenomenal. Everyone kept asking who we used because it was some of the best food they've had, wedding aside! Michael was incredible to work with. Responsive, kind, talented, flexible, and an all around genuine person. His food both in his restaurant and his catering are delicious and we will be making a point to stop in whenever we're in Portsmouth. Michael was also very flexible and accomodating to my vegetarian needs and even with the very few vegans in attendance, even though we told him he didn't need to worry about that minority, he still did. The meat lovers were very very impressed by the pulled pork and lamb, and my husband (a foodie of all foodies) said the swordfish is the best he's ever had. Use Michael! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Dana · Married on 06/11/2016

YUM. If you want the most amazing food at your wedding this is the caterer for you. I had been at a wedding where Michael was the caterer and I loved the food and got their information. From the start it was easy to work with PCC and I knew that my food would be special. I loved the food truck, I love that Michael as creative and delicious food.

My family and friends came up to me during and after the wedding and said that this was the best food that they ever had at a wedding. Everyone wanted his business cards. The food truck was so much fun and looked awesome. The grilling station was so delicious. The pulled pork was of the hook. The Mac and Cheese station was a big hit with both kids and adults. I went very heavy on appetizers and there was not one that I did not love. The steak on a potato chip was a huge hit. I suggest that if you are thinking of hiring him, go to his restaurant in Portsmouth and have lunch there. I promise you that by the end of the meal you will have hired him for your wedding/event.

P.S... the potato spuds with truffle salt as a late night snack at the wend of my wedding was a huge hit.

Sent on 06/14/2016

I highly recommend Portsmouth Catering. We did a very detailed evaluation of vendors on the seacoast prior to our wedding. They won by a mile. The results on the day of we're better than expected. The food was AWESOME. I think I had at least a half dozen of their chicken and waffles (definitely get these for your wedding). Incredible! We heard tons of comments from our guests about how good the food was. The only thing better than the food was the wait staff. They were really nice, attentive to guests and checked in with us often to make sure everything was okay and that we had food.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Michael and his team SAVED my wedding! Literally. My husband and I had planned an elaborate affair at outside venue to take place on 3.14.15 (We love Pi!). A few months before our wedding, we had a significant death in our family which caused us to rethink the whole event. We decided a more intimate setting at our home on Great Bay would be just the thing our family needed.
    You can imagine we lost a number of deposits due to the change and were quite worried about how it would all come together. My husband LOVES The Kitchen and was thrilled to learn they catered. From the very first meeting Michael (He was meeting with another couple when we arrived and was a bit late to our meeting. He comped our entire lunch for three adults and one child for being late!) was fantastic. We wanted our wedding to feel like a big cocktail party with great food and fun. He listened to our needs and was very responsive when our count kept changing. We were going to have the food truck at our home and set up a garden party style event. We chose pie for our dessert (obviously!) and Michael didn’t even blink an eye for the non-traditional request.
    Fast forward to the day of the wedding. It was POURING rain and super windy. What guest would want to go from our warm home out into the rain to get nourishment? None, even with the food being amazing. So you can imagine as a bride I was FREAKING OUT. Michael emailed and called me the morning of and talked me off the ledge - he assured me he and his guys would "just cook the food and bring it in for all your guests." And he delivered exactly that. None of our guests had to go outside and Michael and his partner ran back and forth all night, in the pouring rain and wind, to bring us food from the truck. Our guests loved it!
    I would recommend Michael and his team to anyone looking for just the right caterer for their wedding, party, or any other event!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Pam · Married on 05/29/2014

Michael made our post wedding Sunday brunch for 80 people a dream come true. We requested his food truck and he helped us design the menu. He arrived and the entire brunch was a smooth operation with excellent food. Michael and his staff were engaging, personable, efficient and courteous.
    We were renting a house for the wedding weekend, the wear and crowding for this brunch would have been significant without the food truck. Everyone loved the food and the creative approach to the brunch and, no clean up afterwards! We were truly able to enjoy our guests. Michael is very easy to work with.

Sent on 06/10/2014

David · Married on 05/03/2014

I can not speak highly enough of the quality of food and service the Portsmouth Catering Company provided for our wedding. It was an outdoor wedding in the rain and the staff provided seamless service without a single hitch under challenging circumstances.

The Portsmouth Catering Company's food is awesome. All of our guests raved at the quality of the food and the unique fun twists the Portsmouth Catering Company utilizes.

I would utilize the Portsmouth Catering Company for any event.

Sent on 05/25/2014

Michael is a tremendous chef and a great guy to work with. He's very laid back, yet his crew was organized, professional, and courteous. And the food is simply incredible and beautifully presented. I could have been happy with eating just the pulled pork sliders and fish taco passed apps but am glad to have saved room for the main course. I can't tell you how many guests came up to me and said "best wedding ever", these guys played a huge part in our special day.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Grace · Married on 10/12/2014

Out of all of the awesomeness that came from our wedding day, working with Portsmouth Catering was the best decision we made. Mike and his crew have it all: insight, dedication, passion, and -- oh yeah -- AMAZING taste. We wanted to make sure our friends and family would be taken care of with good food, drink, and atmosphere. Mike exceed our wildest expectations. From a small conversation he drew up the perfect menu for our wedding and worked with us in organizing a perfect open house at his Kitchen restaurant the night before. The team’s flexibility and ingenuity allowed us to fit two awesome parties into our budget. Their flawless execution left us worry-free, and their warm hospitality and delicious food delighted our guests (who continue to compliment us on the food and drink.) We cannot thank Mike and his team enough for their service!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Amy · Married on 06/07/2014

Michael and Majella were awesome to work with. We had our wedding in a unique setting, so their food matched the setting and our guests perfectly. This team, with culinary and management/execution experience was more than great to work with. They were flexible, fun and stress-free. If you are looking for food that will NOT be traditional wedding food, then this is the team that will do it for you, and work with your budget! Id recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 11/10/2014

We hired Portsmouth Catering Co. to provide food for a large Baptismal party. I selected them based on their sustainable approach and their farm to table options offered whenever possible. It was wonderful! They worked with me to accommodate the most economical solution and the food was very good. I will work with them again for any occasion!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Caitlin · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot say enough about The Portsmouth Catering Co.! We had several guests and friends in our wedding party with dietary restraints and allergies, Michael did not bat an eye lash when I requested certain foods and the food was amazing! Almost every single one of our guests complimented on how amazing the food was. It was also important to my husband and I that we not have a traditional site down dinner, and Michael and his team totally ran with our vision and turned it into something better than I could have imagined!

We even ran into an issue where we ran out of beer (this is because most of friends and families are lushes and NOT poor planning) and we ran out of cups (rented them from another vendor). They were so helpful in making sure no one missed a beat and that our guests were taken care of. I didn't even know there was an issue until after the fact, which for me was amazing because it goes to show that Michael and his team truly put you first and WANT you to have a great time at your wedding!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Rae · Married on 10/22/2016

When we began to plan our wedding, my fiance's biggest concern was the catering and that it was delicious, while I do not eat meat and wanted family style farm to table. With almost 85% of the guests coming in from out of town it was really important to provide an entire weekend for them to enjoy, so we booked Michael and his team for the Friday night welcome dinner (pig roast - husband was thrilled), Saturday wedding reception and cocktail hour (charcuterie boards with family style dinner), and Sunday brunch (breakfast burrito food truck). All the food was incredible and our guests RAVED about how exceptional the food was. The team even left the pig roast leftovers from Friday for us to have later in the weekend! Michael also suggested these amazing disposable and biodegradable palm plates that we used for the reception and cocktail hour that were beautiful and added a really special element to the table spreads. The only area I could see a little room for improvement I will say is that they can be a little hard to get a hold of and disorganized at times, but I can't fault them for that because the quality of product they deliver is superior.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Cyn · Married on 06/14/2014

We used for our garden wedding in Portsmouth. We did vegetarian food and they nailed it. The guests loved the food. Michael recommended the use of their food truck as one of our stations. It was such a hit. The staff was professional and worked hard to meet our needs. I would use again in the future. These guys have chef inspired food figured out with a great casual twist. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Jane · Married on 08/24/2013

Michael and team catered an outdoor wedding for our daughter with a brunch today. All was fabulous. Michael was very receptive to my any suggestion and request. The food, service and follow up was great. I would highly recommend them for any catered event. I met with several local caterers who were very reluctant to honor my request for family style and he was willing to do it for me. I think it is great to work with someone who has the attitude that the customer is right and means it. thanks again. Wonderful!!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Lyndsey · Married on 06/25/2016

3.0

Food was one of the most important things to me at my weddings. Nothing worse than going to a wedding and the food is almost inedible. I got many compliments on the food :D It was delicious. I was very very happy with it. Day of the wedding the staff was very very professional and really cared for my groom and me. We even requested a couple unusual items for a wedding such as short ribs, oysters, and AN ICE CREAM SUNDAE BAR! He didn't skip a beat at any of my requests. I also prefer a plated dinner because I tend to be a more formal person, but also because I wanted to make sure my groom and I actually ate! When it's plated, people sit and it gives you time to eat! He had no problems with the plated meal for 130 people! My only complain would be his response time, which is why he didn't get a 5 out of 5. But once your wedding is actually coming up - like 5 months away-ish, he has a wedding planner step in and handle all communications, so it really became a non-issue. All instructions I gave to the planner came through! She was AMAZING! I would definitely recommend Portsmouth Catering Co.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Stacey · Married on 07/11/2015

3.0

We recently hired Portsmouth Catering for our daughter's outside wedding and we were not disappointed. They worked with us designing the menu which included a delicious macaroni and cheese bar, grill station and various salad options. The appetizers were unique and delicious. After dinner the food truck served outstanding wings and spuds. My only concern was that the wings and spuds were served too soon after the dinner, guests seemed to have just finished a phenomenal dinner and weren't quite ready to eat again. Those who did raved about them! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Chelsey · Married on 10/08/2016

3.5

I have had so many guests rave about the food. It was fantastic! Michael and his crew were friendly, professional, and so thoughtful. They exceeded our expectations and I can recommend PCC wholeheartedly. Bravo

Sent on 10/21/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 09/15/2012

Michael, Matt and team are awesome. From our first meeting they understood what we were looking for and really delivered. We had a high end burger bar and our guests were thrilled. Their food is delicious and original – a far cry from your typical “wedding food”. If you want to do something fun and different, The Kitchen is the place to go!

Sent on 11/07/2012