124 Reviews for Porto's Bakery

Groom's Cake (2)
Cookies (1)
Pastries (1)
124 Porto's Bakery Reviews

We were so excited to go to a cake tasting a Porto's after a negative cake tasting experience at another place. We got a delicious lunch and pastries before heading upstairs for the tasting. They had sample cakes and a sample book to review. They worked with me to combine three different designs to create our cake. The cake and fillings were really good and they buttercream was great, not too sweet. The cake came together perfectly, it looked and tasted amazing! All of our friends and family loved it!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/27/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Porto's has an amazing bakery filled with sweets and savory foods that are affordable and delicious!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Groom's Cake

We purchased our wedding cake at Porto's... we did a 2 tier semi-naked cake in the Cuban flavor w/pineapple filling then a sheet cake in the chocolate w/chocolate mouse. Both were DELICIOUS! They do a free tasting which was so helpful since we usually come to Porto's for their other food. Lots of options and very reasonably price considering the quality. They delivered on time and it was as beautiful as it was yummy! The only negative is even the rentals for cake stands or toppers cost more than just buying yourself so that's what we did. No big deal though, it allowed us to get exactly what we want and we get to keep it!

Photo for Porto's Bakery Review - Semi-naked Cuban cake w/pineapple fill. Flowers by others.
Profile Picture Stevie, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! The cake designer took our ideas and went with it. We loved the end result. All of our guests loved the cake too.

Profile Picture Grace, 11/26/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

We just had our wedding at Calamigos Equestrian and the venue included a wedding cake from Porto's! It was a perfect arrangement!!!

A few months before the wedding, we went in for a cake tasting at the Glendale location. Once there, we were seated at a meeting table and brought plates of an assortment of different cakes and fillings. We ended up choosing the Cuban cake with guava and vanilla custard filling - SO delicious!!! Just thinking about it is making my mouth water! They also provide you with a book of cake designs to look through, but we already had a design in mind and had emailed it to them ahead of time. However, we found out that they actually wanted us to bring in a color print of the cake design ourselves, because they didn't have a color printer. We thought that was a bit strange that such a huge, successful business didn't have a color printer, but it was fine - we ended up just printing a picture from a friend's color printer and mailed it to them.

In addition to the wedding cake, I also ordered a surprise birthday cake for my husband since his birthday was a few days after our wedding. I figured it would be the most convenient way to get another cake since they could just deliver both cakes together. It ended up being a little more of a hassle than first expected because I learned that they don't take credit card payments over the phone or mailed personal checks for payment! I either had to go all the way to Glendale to pay in person or mail a money order for them to accept the payment! Definitely not the most convenient way to do business, especially for out of town customers.

In the end, our wedding cake came out absolutely beautiful! The very light pink ombre gradient was perfection and it looked exactly like how I imagined it would! The birthday cake (pina colada flavored) was also beautifully done and so tasty! We've always loved Porto's for their food and desserts and we're so happy that we were able to have them

Profile Picture Jen, 10/1/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Groom's Cake

Went for a cake tasting and had an amazing experience. We chose 3 flavors and had the consultant draw a picture of how our cake would look on the day. Customer service was excellent and I cannot wait to have our guests try the delicious flavors we chose.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/19/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations
4.7

Best cake ever! They deliver too! Fed 320 people for $500. Ordered a two tier red velvet cake (which my florist decorated with fresh flowers), a full sheet cake and a half sheet cake. We had the entire two tier cake left over!

Profile Picture User6475976, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery
4.1

Seriously beautiful cake!! Also, very delicious. They designed the cake exactly as we wanted. Only issue is that it's Portos and they are super busy and sometimes hard to get through to. But they are fast and are obviously super famous for a reason.

Profile Picture Julia, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

I didn't think we could afford a good wedding cake, especially one from a delicious, popular bakery like Porto's. My original plan was just to get one from the supermarket, but my mother-in-law talked me into swinging by Porto's to see what they might have within my price range. I'm so glad we did! I did not have the budget for a fancy, 3+ tier cake with sugar flowers and fondant, and I was ok with that. At Porto's I was able to get a simple two-tier cake with white buttercream frosting - technically a "special occasion" cake, not a wedding cake - and then a sheet cake, in two delicious flavors, for completely in my budget! We fed probably 100 people (we had 125 guests but I know not everyone took cake) for under $250, and it was so good, and we had plenty of cake left over. A family friend decorated the cake with leftover flowers from our bouquets, and it looked very pretty - rustic, fresh, classy, and romantic. I never imagined we could get a delicious, gourmet cake that was within our budget and would turn out to look so nice. Budget brides, do not overlook this option!
Porto's does offer delivery service, but we waited too long to book it so we had to have someone pick the cake up. You have to pay in person, which is annoying, as I was planning from out of state. If you want an actual wedding cake, you must schedule an appointment.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/12/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

I am so glad we went with Porto's for our wedding cake! I've always loved their bakery, but their cake was incredible! We needed our cake delivered at a certain time, and even though it was after their typical delivery hours, they made it happen for us and got it there on time! The cake looked beautiful, tasted amazing, and was more than enough for everyone! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Valerie, 6/5/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

If you want to have a sweets table that blows your guests away and comes at the best price no one can beat Porto's. They are a LA bakery legend and there's a reason. Everyone loved the Porto's fancies we had at our dessert table for our wedding.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/30/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Dessert Buffet

Our cake tasting was very successful! We tasted many different kinds of cake, and she even had to get a large piece of carrot cake for us to taste since they did not have it in the small versions. I can't wait to see what the end product will look like like. I am expecting top quality.

Profile Picture Dominique, 4/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations

We were required by our venue to choose from three bakeries. Porto's was one of them. From the three, we knew Porto's would be our pick! We had a 4 tier buttercream cake in red velvet and mocha. The frosting was so light and fluffy (I am not a fan of sweet and sugary) and the cake was so moist. I am so disappointed I was not able to try both flavors at my wedding even though I had them at our tasting. They are very reliable, friendly and really listen to what you want. I will definitely be back on our 1 year anniversary to order both of the flavors of our wedding cake.

Profile Picture Sheila, 3/12/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

I love this place my cake was super delicious!

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/21/15, 2 Reviews
2.8

Cake looked beautiful but the taste was just ok. We ordered the red velvet because at the cake testing the other 5 tasted terrible. At the reception, even the red velvet cake was just ok, nothing special. Would not recommend them.

Profile Picture Debra, 11/8/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Always professional, you can never go wrong with Portos! They made the process fun and easy. We got so many compliments on our desserts and cake. They always have great prices as well!

Profile Picture vanessa, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Pastries, Cookies, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Delivery

My fiancé and I made an appointment for a cake tasting on a Saturday morning. They had freshly made weeding cake samples ranging from traditional white cake to rich chocolate, moist cuban (yellow cake), red velvet and mocha with a variety of fillings. You should bring a picture if you have something in mind, but they have many wedding cake pictures to look at from their previous customers as well, in case you need some direction. Thank you for your help, Patty! We can't wait to have our cake the day of our wedding!

Profile Picture Alejandra, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The only negative was they require you to go to their bakery to place an order. They will not take orders on phone, internet, ...

The cakes were delicious, beautiful and delivered where and when they were expected. Some cakes will not hold up well to heat so think through which cake will be served. If you can try cakes to decide on your favorites. We served strawberry cheesecake, carrot cake, chocolate raspberry, & fruit tart (popularity was in that order). We had 12 cakes for 90 people and took home 4 left over cakes. For rehearsal we served their flan and it was viewed as best flan every by one Mexican guest who loves flans. It was Portuguese flan which is slightly different from Spanish, Mexican, Philippine... All the l;leftovers did get eaten.

Profile Picture User5443999, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Had the most amazing cake at my wedding. I was able to design my own cake. I took in a picture of a cake style I wanted and they designed it for me!

Profile Picture Vidhi, 9/6/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

You want good cake for your wedding? Go here, hands down some of the BEST cake you will have. Our guests have told us how wonderful it was and nice to have moist cake!! We did the red velvet and the traditional white cake with strawberry filling. Huge hits. Also their prices are very, very reasonable. Glendale is the only one that does delivery just FYI and we did our stuff with Tabetha, who was VERY helpful (and a little geeked out at what we wanted to do with our cake. This was one of the best choices we made and I will always go back for their cakes and food! They also did our apps and everyone loved the Potato balls!! Our price shows what we paid for two cakes (we did a three tier cake and one sheet cake, which is a good way to go and more cost effective) along with the Potato balls and Filo Spinach app.

Profile Picture Renee, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We hired Porto’s to do our wedding cake for our June 14, 2015 wedding. We had a 12x12 white cake with Bavarian cream filling and butter cream frosting and we had it designed to look like a Lego. We also ordered a full sheet cake of red velvet with cream cheese filling and frosting and a half sheet of the same white cake. It.Was.Amazing. In fact, it’s still amazing. All our guests were raving. Although only the red velvet got put out, but it was definitely the favorite anyway. I have to say, it’s the best wedding cake I’ve ever tasted.
Blanca at the Glendale location was fantastic to work with. The cake was so reasonably priced (less than $350 and we have a lot left) and so delicious, I almost feel bad for mentioning how wonky the “Lego” part turned out. The little circles were not tall enough, nor were they placed symmetrically… Or maybe they fell out of place over the course of the day. Either way, Porto’s still gets 5 stars because they were so much better than I could’ve hoped for. My only recommendation is to be as specific as possible!

Profile Picture Shye, 6/14/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My bridal shower was a tea time theme and we had a dessert bar full of Portos desserts, tarts, cakes, cup cakes, jelly filled goodies and it really made the day! It was my favorite part and it it did not break the bank! They bring you up to the second floor to show you the show room when you make a consult and it was beautiful. :)

Profile Picture User5332244, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.3

cake was delicious and beautiful. staff was easy to work with.

Profile Picture User4962986, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They did a beautiful job on my wedding cake!!

Profile Picture Brittnie, 1/24/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

When my daughter found out that Porto's Bakery was the bakery used by Calamigos Equestrian, she was thrilled. We had 4 kinds of cake: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, and carrot. Each layer was delicious - tasty and moist and the frostings were creamy. The cake was gorgeous! Because we had more guests than the 3 tiered cake would accommodate, we ordered the most delicious carrot sheet cake. Fabulous!

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/23/14, 5 Reviews