Porto's Bakery Reviews

124 | Glendale, CA

124 Reviews for Porto's Bakery

124 Porto's Bakery Reviews

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

We were so excited to go to a cake tasting a Porto's after a negative cake tasting experience at another place. We got a delicious lunch and pastries before heading upstairs for the tasting. They had sample cakes and a sample book to review. They worked with me to combine three different designs to create our cake. The cake and fillings were really good and they buttercream was great, not too sweet. The cake came together perfectly, it looked and tasted amazing! All of our friends and family loved it!

Mary · Married on 10/21/2017

Porto's has an amazing bakery filled with sweets and savory foods that are affordable and delicious!

Grace · Married on 11/26/2016

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! The cake designer took our ideas and went with it. We loved the end result. All of our guests loved the cake too.

Lindsay · Married on 04/30/2016

If you want to have a sweets table that blows your guests away and comes at the best price no one can beat Porto's. They are a LA bakery legend and there's a reason. Everyone loved the Porto's fancies we had at our dessert table for our wedding.

Sheila · Married on 03/12/2016

We were required by our venue to choose from three bakeries. Porto's was one of them. From the three, we knew Porto's would be our pick! We had a 4 tier buttercream cake in red velvet and mocha. The frosting was so light and fluffy (I am not a fan of sweet and sugary) and the cake was so moist. I am so disappointed I was not able to try both flavors at my wedding even though I had them at our tasting. They are very reliable, friendly and really listen to what you want. I will definitely be back on our 1 year anniversary to order both of the flavors of our wedding cake.

I love this place my cake was super delicious!

vanessa · Married on 10/10/2015

Always professional, you can never go wrong with Portos! They made the process fun and easy. We got so many compliments on our desserts and cake. They always have great prices as well!

• Alejandra

Alejandra · Married on 09/12/2015

My fiancé and I made an appointment for a cake tasting on a Saturday morning. They had freshly made weeding cake samples ranging from traditional white cake to rich chocolate, moist cuban (yellow cake), red velvet and mocha with a variety of fillings. You should bring a picture if you have something in mind, but they have many wedding cake pictures to look at from their previous customers as well, in case you need some direction. Thank you for your help, Patty! We can't wait to have our cake the day of our wedding!

Vidhi · Married on 09/06/2015

Had the most amazing cake at my wedding. I was able to design my own cake. I took in a picture of a cake style I wanted and they designed it for me!

Renee · Married on 07/25/2015

You want good cake for your wedding? Go here, hands down some of the BEST cake you will have. Our guests have told us how wonderful it was and nice to have moist cake!! We did the red velvet and the traditional white cake with strawberry filling. Huge hits. Also their prices are very, very reasonable. Glendale is the only one that does delivery just FYI and we did our stuff with Tabetha, who was VERY helpful (and a little geeked out at what we wanted to do with our cake. This was one of the best choices we made and I will always go back for their cakes and food! They also did our apps and everyone loved the Potato balls!! Our price shows what we paid for two cakes (we did a three tier cake and one sheet cake, which is a good way to go and more cost effective) along with the Potato balls and Filo Spinach app.

Shye · Married on 06/14/2015

We hired Porto’s to do our wedding cake for our June 14, 2015 wedding. We had a 12x12 white cake with Bavarian cream filling and butter cream frosting and we had it designed to look like a Lego. We also ordered a full sheet cake of red velvet with cream cheese filling and frosting and a half sheet of the same white cake. It.Was.Amazing. In fact, it’s still amazing. All our guests were raving. Although only the red velvet got put out, but it was definitely the favorite anyway. I have to say, it’s the best wedding cake I’ve ever tasted.
    Blanca at the Glendale location was fantastic to work with. The cake was so reasonably priced (less than $350 and we have a lot left) and so delicious, I almost feel bad for mentioning how wonky the “Lego” part turned out. The little circles were not tall enough, nor were they placed symmetrically… Or maybe they fell out of place over the course of the day. Either way, Porto’s still gets 5 stars because they were so much better than I could’ve hoped for. My only recommendation is to be as specific as possible!

My bridal shower was a tea time theme and we had a dessert bar full of Portos desserts, tarts, cakes, cup cakes, jelly filled goodies and it really made the day! It was my favorite part and it it did not break the bank! They bring you up to the second floor to show you the show room when you make a consult and it was beautiful. :)

Brittnie · Married on 01/24/2015

They did a beautiful job on my wedding cake!!

Noelle · Married on 08/23/2014

We loved our wedding cake from Porto's! They were amzingly flexible- since I hate making decisions (and was on decision overload planning a wedding) I was having trouble choosing just one flavor. Porto's ended up doing a 3 tiered, beautiful cake, each tier a different flavor (vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet). When I found out we'd need an additional sheet cake based on the number of guests we had, they sent yet another flavor at my request- carrot cake!
    Portos cake is SO DELICIOUS. The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting was just perfect, my favorite. :) Thank you Portos! I just wish we saved the leftover! I guess I'll have to pop in next time I'm around Glendale!

And you thought Porto's was just for potato balls and cheese rolls.

Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful, delivered promptly and exactly to our specifications. The only regret we had was not ordering a larger size because people went back for seconds and we were left without any leftovers.

Don't waste thousands going to a place that will make you a cake that's beautiful but tasteless. Go to Porto's for a cake your guests will rave about at a price that won't break the bank.

Alicia · Married on 07/05/2014

Porto's Bakery was great for our wedding. My wedding coordinator recommended them. We went and were able to taste different cake options before we had to choose the cake for our wedding. Blanca was so patient and helpful in the decision making process. She had great ideas to make the cake special but not too gaudy. We loved the look and taste of our wedding cake. Porto's was very reliable on delivery and the cake was beautiful! I would recommend Porto's to any bride who is choosing a wedding cake.

Juliana · Married on 06/14/2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised if how beautiful the cake looked! It was so gorgeous that we didn't want to cut into it. The cake also tasted wonderful!!!! Some of our guests ate multiple servings!!!

Mora · Married on 05/04/2014

The most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted. And I usually never really like the taste of wedding cake. Not just that, but they do an amazing job with the cake design. I showed them a picture of what I wanted, and they told me it would be difficult because they picture of the cake I showed them was made of fondant and I wanted buttercream. The cake turned out EXACTLY the same, if not even better than the picture...without fondant!! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our selection!
    PS. The red velvet is to die for!!

Our guests loved our cake and when we went in for the cake testing, everything was done very professionally. Our cake was designed per our specification.

Definitely would recommend others to go to Porto's for their cakes!

Ronda · Married on 12/29/2013

I am proud to say that I had a delicious wedding cake and my guests told me so!! woohoo! The cake was delicious and beautiful! Work with Karen! She rocks!

Lyudmila · Married on 11/01/2013

Great, delicious cake, thanks Porto's!

Our cake turned out great! Our initial cake vendor fell through and Portos was able to step in with little time and deliver exactly what we wanted. Everyone loved the taste and look of our cake and we were impressed with how perfect it looked. It was a great decision!

Betsy · Married on 06/22/2013

Porto's was awesome. Without question the best cake I tasted for a price that was completely reasonable (which is almost unheard of in Los Angeles). We had a 3-tiered cake (each a different flavor) that served about a hundred, and then a sheet cake that served another hundred -- all for under $500. It was a simple cake, but the flavors were excellent. And Tabitha in their cake department was awesome. HIGHLY recommend this vendor.

Brita · Married on 06/08/2013

Yay! My wedding cake was AMAZING!!! Thank you so much to Tabetha and the team at Porto's in Glendale!

Seriously, I have been dreaming of this cake throughout the entire year of planning and the result was exactly what I wanted. I gave them a picture of the design I loved and they re-created it to a tee! They even include fresh flower accents and free delivery! It arrived on time and in perfect condition.

Our flavors were: The Cuban (yellow sponge cake soaked in French Brandy) with custom Strawberry Creme Filling (bottom tier) & Chocolate with Chocolate Custard (top two tiers), finished in white buttercream frosting and accented with ivory buttercream detail work and fresh ivory roses!

It was a vision and absolutely delicious! Everyone raved over it!

p.s. and the price was ridiculously reasonable too! ($395 for a 3 tier cake that served 85, including fresh flowers & delivery to Santa Monica)

Danielle · Married on 06/01/2013

My family and I have been going to Porto's forever and they never disappoint. Choosing Porto's was a no brainer. I knew it would be great, and they certainly came through. The cake was decorated beautifully, delivered on time, and tasted delicious. We had four different tiers, with four different flavors and everyone was passing their plates around trying each others. Everyone loved how fresh and flavorful every tier was.