Portland DJ Dan Weisman Reviews

17 Reviews for Portland DJ Dan Weisman

• Madison

Madison Kieswether · Married on 08/10/2019

Great Wedding DJ

Dan was a pleasure to work with. As a bride, he made me feel confident that my day would go just how we planned and was very accommodating and professional. The music went off without a hitch and everyone was dancing at the reception. Thank you DJ Dan!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Hayley · Married on 09/15/2018

Great DJ! Plays only what you want and very friendly and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend DJ Dan!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Natosja · Married on 09/08/2018

Dan was amazing!!! I can’t even begin to stress the craziness that comes with weddings and he literally made the whole wedding work! Even with our delayed start he just took control and went with the flow and coordinated the music perfectly! Our dinner was late to be served and he was quick to jump in and come out to the floor and announce what was going on but in such a way that made it seem like this was the plan all along. He has a great sense of humor and everyone loved him! Super easy to work with and very detailed- he made everything flawless. The dance music was perfect- and he was good at judging the crowd to determine what to play next. I seriously am so glad we hired Dan, and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!!!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • O

Olga N Kraushaar · Married on 08/25/2018

Highly Recommend!

DJ Dan was amazing. He was very quick to reach out to me when I first started looking for DJ's for our wedding. He was very attentive, understanding when it came to small picky things during the wedding day. His prices are very reasonable compared to other DJ's in the area, and the service was great. DJ Dan Weisman made a huge impact on how smoothly our wedding day went by! Thank you again, and highly recommend!

Sent on 12/01/2018

mandy · Married on 07/28/2018

Dj Dan was excellent! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica Chan-O'donnell · Married on 06/29/2018

Dj dan- highly recommended! :)

DJ Dan is is truly beyond words! Dan was our wedding DJ as well as now a regular DJ with us at Night Market Vancouver. I couldn't have asked for a better fit for both. His attention to detail, care per individual and event, his talent to lighten up a room, feel out a crowd, set the tone with music and ALWAYS create an incredible experience just can't be taught! I'm beyond thankful to have crossed paths with DJ Dan. Thank you always for doing excellent work and knowing how to work a crowd! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Hire DJ Dan and prepare to get your dancing shoes on;)

-Jess

Sent on 12/04/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

DJ Dan was able to fill in for us when our other DJ cancelled on us a month before our wedding. He has an extremely fun personality and is excellent at playing the perfect music as well as keeping things moving along all night. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the Portland area looking for a DJ.

Sent on 04/30/2018

sam · event on 05/01/2015

Dan is very professional, and authentic.

Steve · event on 03/28/2015

I've worked a coyote of fundraising events with Dan and he is a pleasure to work with. If you are looking flexible, creative, professional and most importantly FUN, then Dan is you man. Does a great job at reading crowds and adjusting on the fly.

Patty · event on 03/14/2015

I have work with DJ Dan on many occasions through the years. He has always been professional and gets the crowd dancing!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Shelley · event on 11/01/2014

Dan provide DJ services for our homeowner association's annual dinner. He provided quiet, low key music during the dinner hour including some Hawaiian traditional selections, then transitioned to lively, dance able music after dinner. He did a great job and kept the party going into the night. He had a fun set-up which included a video screen - which he helped us modify to project up on the white tent ceiling - to set the mood with pictures of the property, ocean, sunset as well as "real time" photo's of quests taken that evening. He arrived on time and set-up and broke down all his equipment in a professional manner. The group really enjoyed his personality and music and has asked him back for next year!

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • User3442022 · event on 07/04/2014

Dan was a great DJ for our annual business conference in Maui, Hawaii. He played all of the music our group requested and added in appropriate music that we also enjoyed. The best and most unique part of having Dan as a DJ was that he took pictures of our guests while they were dancing and had their pictures displayed behind them on a large screen. They loved this interaction and it was nice that he was able to send us the pictures later. We highly recommend his services and if we get to come back to Hawaii we would hire him again!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2013

DJ Dan was amazing!!! Very helpful and responsive!! He made my wedding day awesome!!

Matt · event on 06/11/2011

Used DJ Dan for a kids birthday party - he kept the kids and adults, moving and entertained all night long.

Sent on 08/13/2015

Aron · Married on 09/27/2012

We used DJ Dan for our wedding and we could not have been more happy and pleased with his services. His professionalism and commitment to making our day special was noticed by the majority of our guests in attendance. I would strongly recommend that you would consider DJ Dan for your event.

Kristin · Married on 06/23/2018

3.6
      3.0
      3.5
      3.5

Dan was super nice and was easy to reach via email or phone and up until the wedding we had no reservations. The day of the wedding he showed up plenty early and was so prepared, overall his professionalism was awesome! My husband and I were slightly disappointed we didn't feel the music played totally represented what we wanted and requests were not heard as often. He played the very typical wedding songs and was able to accommodate our individual first dance and wedding songs, but the party songs and guest requests were not as met. Either way it was still a great experience and we would recommended him but let a bride know that her and the groom should give several examples of their "type" of music and openness to guest recommendations.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

I'm always grateful for and try to learn from client feedback. The ceremony sound (for 250 guests witha 4 speaker array) and officiant mic and selected songs came off flawlessly. Their request list of over 25 songs were of course played and I chose many songs which complimented their master list. I received numerous compliments from guests on the music played (Including high praise from Kristin's dad.
    I will take Kristin's advice to other brides and work to determine more carefully the music that represents THEM. I will also gladly accept her remarks that:
    "Dan was super nice and was easy to reach via email or phone and up until the wedding we had no reservations. The day of the wedding he showed up plenty early and was so prepared, overall his professionalism was awesome!" I will also be thankful for her remark: "it was still a great experience and we would recommended him." As for being slightly disappointed with my responsiveness to guest requests I respectfully disagree! Thanks Kristin for your helpful critique.
    Wishing you and Drew many happy years together. Dan