Portland DJ Dan Weisman Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Taylor H. Married on 04/16/2022

DJ Dan is your man!

DJ Dan was amazing. We gave him what songs we wanted to play at the important moments and he took that and ran with it for the rest of the night. Every song he chose was so good and he got everyone on the dance floor (young and old). Highly recommend DJ Dan if you want to get everyone moving.
    Cal H. Married on 03/18/2022

Great Experience

I hired Dan to DJ my son’s wedding! Had no idea what to expect never having done this before and was very pleasantly surprised with how easy Dan made the entire process. A true professional in every sense of the word. We really didn’t have to worry about any aspect of the event entertainment. Dan took care of everything & patiently walked us through the entire process. From the meetings leading up to the event to the set-up, the MC’ing, the music selection to the rapport with our guests & wrap up, it all went flawlessly. If you want the perfect compliment to your wedding event, I urge you to contact DJ Dan. He’s the best! Thanks, Dan, for adding to this already wondaful occasion.
    Cal Humphries
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kacie C. Married on 08/22/2020

The best dj out there

Dan was amazing from start to finish. He was the only DJ that got back to us same day after putting in an inquiry with him and I am SO glad we booked him for our wedding. He was so kind and hilarious throughout everything. We even changed our plans on him due to COVID and he still made our day a priority. I cannot say enough nice things about him. We had numerous phone calls with him planning out the exact song versions we wanted and he executed everything perfectly for our day. He even MC’d the ‘shoe game’ and it was so much fun - our family loved it.
    After everything was said and done he also mailed us photos he took of our day in a slide show version.
    My husband and I cannot thank him enough. If you are looking for a DJ, stop looking. DJ Dan is your guy!!

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Dear Kacie and Jacob. . . WE made it happen! May you two continue happily through times tough and tender.
    Your DJ Dan Weisman
  • Megan
    Megan M. Married on 07/07/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

It was a great experience with DJ Dan!!!

Dan did a great job with the music for our wedding reception. He was able to keep the dancing going and took request!!! He was a joy to work with and meet all our needs.

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Thanks Megan! The HAWAIIAN theme was a great idea as well. I am so grateful for the opportunity you gave me to be of service to you and your loved ones. Haves a wonderful 2020!
    Sincerely,
    Dan Weisman
  • Courtney
    Courtney S. Married on 10/05/2019

Book Dan for your event!

Dan was amazing! He played great music for everyone. My grandma was swing dancing, my cousin was doing the mash potato, my brother was doing the whip nae nae and the kids showed me some new moves. It was a great blend of styles and everyone had a great time. Our families loved that he played their requests. When we remembered a song, we asked and he played it. We really enjoyed the flow and how well he lead the guests to the next “event”. The shoe game was something we did not expect, DO IT! It was fun, got the crowd involved and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. Dan was really personable and read the crowd really well. When we looked into booking a DJ, we wanted the person we met to be the person who would show up the day of the wedding. We got that with Dan. Another thing that was important was someone with high energy that could keep the party going. We also got that with Dan. The DJ leads a lot, if not all, the announcements, introductions, preludes into the next “event”. Dan was great, smiled, high energy, walked around the room, took the time to read the crowd and keep people entertained. We would highly recommend Dan!

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney. You have a wonderful family and so many dear friends... it was a true pleasure to be a part of your big day. Sincerely
    Dan
    Kristen G. Married on 09/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dan was professional, talented and a pleasure to work with!

We highly recommend Dan! You won't be disappointed! He made our special day everything we hoped for and more, took photos and sent them to us. Was fun and interactive with the guests, and was simply a joy to work with. I cannot thank him enough for all he did to make our day what we dreamt of.
  • Shelby
    Shelby G. Married on 09/22/2019

Dan is great!

Dan is a great DJ! He was on time and responsive.
    He played al of the songs we requested and was so helpful with everything!
    Go with Dan!!

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Much appreciated Shelby. ‘‘Twas a pleasure being of service. Your wedding day was very special from the vows to the last dance. Sincerely
    Dan Weisman
    Sally Married on 08/17/2019

Awesome Experience

DJ Dan did an excellent job at our wedding. We received many compliments on his playlist and willingness to accommodate our guests and our needs.

I highly recommend him!

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Thank you Sally! It was my pleasure to provide an afternoon of special music on your wedding day. Have a great adventure with your husband in the years to come.
    Sincerely,
    Dan
  • Madison
    Madison K. Married on 08/10/2019

Great Wedding DJ

Dan was a pleasure to work with. As a bride, he made me feel confident that my day would go just how we planned and was very accommodating and professional. The music went off without a hitch and everyone was dancing at the reception. Thank you DJ Dan!

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Thank you Maddy for trusting me to deliver on your wedding day. I genuinely enjoyed every moment from the processional music to the last dance. Wishing you both a blessed and long-lasting marriage journey! Sincerely,
  • Eeliyana
    Eeliyana P. Married on 08/03/2019

DJ Dan is the man!

My (now) husband (woohoo) was in charge of the DJ. He called two companies and ended up picking DJ Dan. They initially talked on the phone for about an hour and my husband was sold. He had also read Dan's reviews, which were very good! A DJ is half the fun of your wedding and to be honest, I wasn't sold at first...only because Dan didn't have as many reviews as the other company that my husband had called. But don't let that fool you! DJ Dan was AMAZING!! We loved him and so did everyone else. Our dance floor was full all night long! Before the wedding, we got the chance to meet with Dan who is very personable (we were coming from out of state and it's always nice to meet in person if you can), we emailed back and forth to get all the details sorted out, and we had a final phone call to work out all the fine/final details. Dan helped with the wedding timeline, showed us his itinerary of how he was going to run the night, asked questions about things I hadn't even thought about, and was able to give us advice about how he had seen things done in past weddings and leaving it up to us to chose what worked for us. The day of the wedding he came and set up a few hours before the wedding..which was great! Ensuring that he was on time and that everything worked. Everything felt so smooth that day! He has a lot of experience, he is a great value (we booked for an extra hour too!), fun, professional, easy to communicate with, and quick to respond! Thank you so much Dan for being part of our big day! It wouldn't have been the same without you!
    Rafael O. Married on 06/23/2019

Wedding Dj

Dan is the best he did a wonderful job on our wedding and went the extra mile to make our day on to remember I would definitely recommend him!!! Thanks Dan for the hard work and effort you put in to our wedding!!

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Much appreciated Rafa and Bianca! It was a pleasure to work for and be a part of your family on your wedding day. Wishing you two a long and happy marriage!
  • Jill
    Jill Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent service

Dan was so flexible with everything we did for our wedding. He listened to all our requests and filled in the blanks I didn’t know I needed! Even when things don’t work out as planned, he was able to adapt with a smile on his face and as the bride, I was none the wiser!
  • Luke
    Luke S. Married on 05/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect DJ for Our Perfect Day!

DJ Dan was awesome to work with. He walked us through the entire music process and definitely knows what he is doing. He even stayed much later than he planned because we did not want the party to end! Overall a great guy and a great DJ.

Portland DJ Dan Weisman's reply:

Dear Luke and Louise, Thank you for the opportunity to be of service on your big day! Your many friends and family members reflected the spirit and quality you two have shared with them.
    All the best to you both for many happy years together.
    Sincerely, Portland DJ Dan Weisman
    Hayley Married on 09/15/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great DJ! Plays only what you want and very friendly and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend DJ Dan!
    Natosja Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dan was amazing!!! I can’t even begin to stress the craziness that comes with weddings and he literally made the whole wedding work! Even with our delayed start he just took control and went with the flow and coordinated the music perfectly! Our dinner was late to be served and he was quick to jump in and come out to the floor and announce what was going on but in such a way that made it seem like this was the plan all along. He has a great sense of humor and everyone loved him! Super easy to work with and very detailed- he made everything flawless. The dance music was perfect- and he was good at judging the crowd to determine what to play next. I seriously am so glad we hired Dan, and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!!!
  • O
    Olga K. Married on 08/25/2018

Highly Recommend!

DJ Dan was amazing. He was very quick to reach out to me when I first started looking for DJ's for our wedding. He was very attentive, understanding when it came to small picky things during the wedding day. His prices are very reasonable compared to other DJ's in the area, and the service was great. DJ Dan Weisman made a huge impact on how smoothly our wedding day went by! Thank you again, and highly recommend!
    Mandy Married on 07/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dj Dan was excellent! We highly recommend him!
  • Jessica
    Jessica C. Married on 06/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dj dan- highly recommended! :)

DJ Dan is is truly beyond words! Dan was our wedding DJ as well as now a regular DJ with us at Night Market Vancouver. I couldn't have asked for a better fit for both. His attention to detail, care per individual and event, his talent to lighten up a room, feel out a crowd, set the tone with music and ALWAYS create an incredible experience just can't be taught! I'm beyond thankful to have crossed paths with DJ Dan. Thank you always for doing excellent work and knowing how to work a crowd! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Hire DJ Dan and prepare to get your dancing shoes on;)

-Jess
    Lauren Married on 04/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    DJ Dan was able to fill in for us when our other DJ cancelled on us a month before our wedding. He has an extremely fun personality and is excellent at playing the perfect music as well as keeping things moving along all night. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the Portland area looking for a DJ.
    Sam Event on: 05/01/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dan is very professional, and authentic.
    Steve Event on: 03/28/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I've worked a coyote of fundraising events with Dan and he is a pleasure to work with. If you are looking flexible, creative, professional and most importantly FUN, then Dan is you man. Does a great job at reading crowds and adjusting on the fly.
    Patty Event on: 03/14/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I have work with DJ Dan on many occasions through the years. He has always been professional and gets the crowd dancing!
    Shelley Event on: 11/01/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dan provide DJ services for our homeowner association's annual dinner. He provided quiet, low key music during the dinner hour including some Hawaiian traditional selections, then transitioned to lively, dance able music after dinner. He did a great job and kept the party going into the night. He had a fun set-up which included a video screen - which he helped us modify to project up on the white tent ceiling - to set the mood with pictures of the property, ocean, sunset as well as "real time" photo's of quests taken that evening. He arrived on time and set-up and broke down all his equipment in a professional manner. The group really enjoyed his personality and music and has asked him back for next year!
  • User2267159 Event on: 07/04/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dan was a great DJ for our annual business conference in Maui, Hawaii. He played all of the music our group requested and added in appropriate music that we also enjoyed. The best and most unique part of having Dan as a DJ was that he took pictures of our guests while they were dancing and had their pictures displayed behind them on a large screen. They loved this interaction and it was nice that he was able to send us the pictures later. We highly recommend his services and if we get to come back to Hawaii we would hire him again!
illustration stars