Port City Shakedown Reviews

31 Reviews for Port City Shakedown

31 Port City Shakedown Reviews
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing Wedding Band, for the BEST Value!

Port City Shakedown performed at our October 2018 wedding in Wilmington and they ROCKED IT!! Not only were they amazing live, with a great selection of current and older songs, but they were also extremely professional and responsive in the weeks leading up to our wedding (as we dealt with some last minute changes caused by Hurricane Michael.) We were a bit (but only a bit) skeptical since we booked them without ever seeing them in person, but we all had the BEST time and our guests were commenting for the rest of the weekend about how awesome our wedding band was. I think everyone was sad when the wedding ended... if it were up to us we would've kept dancing into the wee hours of the morning. :) I would definitely recommend Port City Shakedown to anyone looking for a lively band that will keep the party going! And the value for the money cannot be beat! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, PORT CITY!!!

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

They were absolutely amazing the night of the wedding and were so easy to work with the entire time!

Everyone is still talking about how great our band was! They kept the dance floor full the entire night and no one left early! They were the highlight of our reception for sure! :)

Denise · Married on 09/30/2018

Great band, professional, goid range of songs, welcomed requests. Everyone was up and dancing all night, guests loved them

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2018

Port City Shakedown offers you all of the fun and songs you can imagine to make your wedding a big success for bride and groom as well as for the guests. Each member is friendly and ALL are on the same goal- To Make You Happy. !!! They did just that, made all happy. As the wedding planner, I enjoyed working with the band- it was all about the TEAM and flexibility and an awesome outcome !!!!!! Thank you - Kindred Spirit Events

Eric · Married on 09/01/2018

They were great and everybody at the wedding loved them

James · Married on 08/25/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Port City Shakedown was outstanding. They had every single (capable) guest at our wedding dancing from their first song all the way to their last song. The band members and their talents complement each other perfectly. I can not imagine having another band for our wedding. They were freaking awesome.

Mike · Married on 05/26/2018

We hired the Shakedown for my daughters wedding on Memorial Day weekend. I was totally satisfied. They are very professional musicians and the lead singers voices were great. Many of our guests commented how nice they sounded. Tim was great to work with and was very flexible. They hit it out of the park and made everyone enjoy the reception and get up on the dance floor. Thank you Shakedown for making our daughters wedding very memorable for all.

Cameron · Married on 03/03/2018

My wife and I had the Port City Shakedown band for our 30th birthday; wepicked this band after seeing them at a friends wedding. They were awesome, kept the whole party going all night and played all genres of music! We were really glad that we picked them for our party. I highly recommend this band for your event; I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Anne · Married on 10/21/2017

Simply AMAZING! I cannot thank the band enough for making our daughter's wedding the most perfect night! They were entertaining, energetic, and so into the crowd! Our guests loved them and stayed on the floor the entire night. Best money we spent on the reception. HIGHLY recommended. You will not be disappointed!

Anja · Married on 10/07/2017

These guys know how to read a crowd, play the right music and keep guests dancing! They were able to switch songs in live time and even had my "I don't dance" guests up and grooving. They were absolutely incredible and I would recommend them to anyone having any kind of an event! You will not be disappointed with this group. We ended up choosing horns to play as well, and it really set the band off. I want to get married all over just so I can hire these guys again!

Blaire · Married on 09/02/2017

This band was amazing! They got the party started and kept it going without even taking a break!! Excellent party band for a wedding reception!

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

Port City Shakedown was amazing! They totally got the party started :) Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Tim is so responsive and easy to work with. I want to have another party just so they can be the entertainment.

Tammy · Married on 06/03/2017

These guys show your guests a great time. Awesome vocals and musicians! So many compliments from our wedding guests. We had an awesome time. I highly recommend this band! Thank you Port City Shakedown!

Lindsey · Married on 05/13/2017

We hired this band a year before our wedding. While we did hear them in person once shortly after hiring them at a local bar, we never ended up meeting in person until the day of the wedding. They recently hired a new male vocalist. Those two things made me slightly nervous but Tim was always great with email and other local vendors had nothing to say but great things about Port City Shakedown. Our wedding this part weekend was amazing - everyone LOVED these guys! They have great energy and we all enjoyed ourselves. Thank you so much Port city shakedown for making our night so memorable!

Amanda · Married on 04/23/2017

We LOVED this band! I was skeptical at first but my now-husband insisted a band would make our reception spectacular - and he was right! The band was put together, easy to work with, so fun and rolled with our changes and suggestions. They made our reception a wonderful success and we can't thank them enough - from the 6 year old to the 92 year old, everyone had great things to say! Highly recommend!

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2016

Port City Shakedown is the BEST! They made our wedding reception a true celebration and party! I hear they are losing their main singer which is a bummer but we so enjoyed them at our wedding! Thank you!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Port City Shakedown's reply:

As of January 2017, Port City Shakedown are excited to announce that they have hired an extremely talented male vocalist who has gone above and beyond to fill the shoes of the former vocalist, Matt. The artistry and chemistry between the two lead vocalists (male and female), has brought the band to new heights and sounds better than ever!
  • W

Walker · Married on 06/25/2016

Rent. This. Band.
    Seriously, these guys are so awesome. We rented them for our wedding and could not have been happier. They are extremely personable and easy to deal with. They played songs that had everyone dancing, and they will tailor what they play to what you want. They even learned a couple songs for our first dance and the bride-father song. We saw them play at Wild Wing Cafe before our wedding just to make sure they were what we wanted, and after hearing them play two songs we knew they were the band for us. They are at a very reasonable price point and we couldn't have been happier. We had so many people tell us how much they loved the band!

jan · Married on 06/11/2016

Port City Shakedown was amazing!! They played at my daughters wedding reception and ceremony music. The dance floor was packed from the first song until the last. Everyone enjoyed VERY much. They sang songs of choice for newly weds first dance, father daughter dance, groom & mother. They were great! I would highly recommend for any function that you are having and want a band that everyone will enjoy!

Chris · Married on 05/07/2016

Port City Shakedown was AMAZING... Tim and the group were great to communicate with leading up to the event. They were so organized which made that part of planning a breeze! The band is the perfect size, they had everyone up and dancing from the very beginning. We heard from all of our guests that we had the best wedding band they had ever seen. They really did go the extra mile for us and the music was awesome. If you are looking for the perfect band for your wedding reception... look no further!

Amy · Married on 05/07/2016

Port City Shakedown played for my son's wedding on Bald Head Island. They were easy to work with and didn't hesitate at the thought of having to load all their equipment on a ferry and travel to the island. The band made the evening great. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. I would highly recommend them for any event. So often we have been to an event where the band plays so loud people can't talk. This was not the case with Port City Shakedown, they are experienced and know the crowd they are playing to. Thanks Port City Shakedown!

Jon · Married on 04/30/2016

Port City Shakedown is by far the best bend this city (or any surrounding one) has to offer. We went to see them perform several times before booking them and every time was a blast. They helped make our wedding truly amazing. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone couldn't get over how good they were. I still get compliments about them.

This band is a solid 5 out of 5 and anyone choosing not to book them is making a huge mistake.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/02/2016

Port City was the perfect choice for our wedding! They were great from start to finish and we are so happy that we decided to go with them. Tim was super helpful throughout the whole process! We would recommend them to anyone and received compliments throughout the entire night on how great they were.

AMAZING!!!!! We hired this band to come to Awendaw, SC (right outside of Charleston, SC) and they made the wedding the best ever. The musicians are top notch and so professional. We had people dancing only minutes after the band started and the dance floor was full the rest of the night. Most people stayed until the very end!!! That never happens! Well is does with Port City Shakedown. I heard many people say that it was the best band they had ever heard :)

It's so wonderful to hear from all your guests that your wedding is one of the best they've ever been to! I have to thank Port City Shakedown for keeping the energy high and the dance floor packed until the venue started stacking up the chairs and clearing up the room for the night! Even after last call my guests were screaming for an ENCORE! We danced the night away to the best selection of current top 40, 80s, 90s, and classic. There's nothing this band can't do! Such a pleasure to deal with as well, they are so customer oriented and go above and beyond to make your event special. We had such a blast! One of the best moments during the reception was when my husband leaned over and whispered to me "Port City was definitely the best investment of the whole entire wedding." If the couple isn't having fun what's the point?

Casey · Married on 05/21/2015

Port City Shakedown is UNBELIEVABLE! They made my wedding a huge success! All of my guests have been asking about them! This six-piece band is the way to go! They had the crowd dancing, singing and loving every minute of the night! When a summer thunderstorm popped up on the horizon they set up the DJ inside for the cocktail hour and waited out the rain. When things dried up they set up in a quarter of their normal time and were jamming out as soon as the ceremony was done. They played the first dance, father daughter and mother son songs they learned for us and said, “No more slow songs, lets party!” That’s exactly what happened! I can’t wait to see them at one of the venues they play in Wilmington the next time I am in town. They are phenomenal and easily the best price in town!