24 Reviews for Port City Shakedown

Ceremony (2)
Instrumentals (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
24 Port City Shakedown Reviews

My wife and I had the Port City Shakedown band for our 30th birthday; wepicked this band after seeing them at a friends wedding. They were awesome, kept the whole party going all night and played all genres of music! We were really glad that we picked them for our party. I highly recommend this band for your event; I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Cameron, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Simply AMAZING! I cannot thank the band enough for making our daughter's wedding the most perfect night! They were entertaining, energetic, and so into the crowd! Our guests loved them and stayed on the floor the entire night. Best money we spent on the reception. HIGHLY recommended. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Anne, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys know how to read a crowd, play the right music and keep guests dancing! They were able to switch songs in live time and even had my "I don't dance" guests up and grooving. They were absolutely incredible and I would recommend them to anyone having any kind of an event! You will not be disappointed with this group. We ended up choosing horns to play as well, and it really set the band off. I want to get married all over just so I can hire these guys again!

Profile Picture Anja, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel

This band was amazing! They got the party started and kept it going without even taking a break!! Excellent party band for a wedding reception!

Profile Picture Blaire, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Port City Shakedown was amazing! They totally got the party started :) Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Tim is so responsive and easy to work with. I want to have another party just so they can be the entertainment.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

These guys show your guests a great time. Awesome vocals and musicians! So many compliments from our wedding guests. We had an awesome time. I highly recommend this band! Thank you Port City Shakedown!

Profile Picture Tammy, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired this band a year before our wedding. While we did hear them in person once shortly after hiring them at a local bar, we never ended up meeting in person until the day of the wedding. They recently hired a new male vocalist. Those two things made me slightly nervous but Tim was always great with email and other local vendors had nothing to say but great things about Port City Shakedown. Our wedding this part weekend was amazing - everyone LOVED these guys! They have great energy and we all enjoyed ourselves. Thank you so much Port city shakedown for making our night so memorable!

Profile Picture Lindsey , 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception

We LOVED this band! I was skeptical at first but my now-husband insisted a band would make our reception spectacular - and he was right! The band was put together, easy to work with, so fun and rolled with our changes and suggestions. They made our reception a wonderful success and we can't thank them enough - from the 6 year old to the 92 year old, everyone had great things to say! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Wedding band – Port City Shakedown provided the cocktail hour and reception music and MC’ing for our wedding this past weekend, and they were absolutely phenomenal! We had heard good things about them in advance, and they 100% lived up to the hype. They were high energy and kept everyone dancing all night long! No one ever seemed to leave the dance floor, even between band sets when they were just DJ’ing. Their set lists were upbeat and the perfect mix of funk, new dance hits, and a few slow songs sprinkled in. Each of the musicians/singers in the group are the cream of the crop and make a truly awesome super band all together! They also provided the MC’ing for introductions and toasts, during the bouquet toss and cake cutting, and they were perfect! Funny and enthusiastic, while moving the evening along exactly as it should. Finally, they provided the microphones and speakers for the ceremony, and they worked as expected. We (and all of our guests) would highly recommend them for any event (and are already planning the next time we can hire them again)! Thanks Port City Shakedown!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/25/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel

Port City Shakedown is the BEST! They made our wedding reception a true celebration and party! I hear they are losing their main singer which is a bummer but we so enjoyed them at our wedding! Thank you!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7544420, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Band

We booked this band for our wedding in October 2016. We had seen them play at a couple of other weddings the previous year and loved them! Due to the ever so timely Hurricane Matthew, we were unable to move forward with the wedding that we had originally planned. With this new plan, this band could not longer perform for our big day. This review is more or less to let folks know that this band is good people. They worked with us throughout the whole planning process and when it came down to the refund process, they were obliged to help us out and offer our full refund back because of the loss of our event. We would recommend Port City Shakedown to anyone planning any kind of event that you want to have a good time! They are very talented and professional band:)

Profile Picture User7574324, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews

Rent. This. Band.
Seriously, these guys are so awesome. We rented them for our wedding and could not have been happier. They are extremely personable and easy to deal with. They played songs that had everyone dancing, and they will tailor what they play to what you want. They even learned a couple songs for our first dance and the bride-father song. We saw them play at Wild Wing Cafe before our wedding just to make sure they were what we wanted, and after hearing them play two songs we knew they were the band for us. They are at a very reasonable price point and we couldn't have been happier. We had so many people tell us how much they loved the band!

Profile Picture Walker, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Port City Shakedown was amazing!! They played at my daughters wedding reception and ceremony music. The dance floor was packed from the first song until the last. Everyone enjoyed VERY much. They sang songs of choice for newly weds first dance, father daughter dance, groom & mother. They were great! I would highly recommend for any function that you are having and want a band that everyone will enjoy!

Profile Picture jan, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Port City Shakedown was AMAZING... Tim and the group were great to communicate with leading up to the event. They were so organized which made that part of planning a breeze! The band is the perfect size, they had everyone up and dancing from the very beginning. We heard from all of our guests that we had the best wedding band they had ever seen. They really did go the extra mile for us and the music was awesome. If you are looking for the perfect band for your wedding reception... look no further!

Profile Picture Chris , 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Port City Shakedown played for my son's wedding on Bald Head Island. They were easy to work with and didn't hesitate at the thought of having to load all their equipment on a ferry and travel to the island. The band made the evening great. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. I would highly recommend them for any event. So often we have been to an event where the band plays so loud people can't talk. This was not the case with Port City Shakedown, they are experienced and know the crowd they are playing to. Thanks Port City Shakedown!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Port City Shakedown is by far the best bend this city (or any surrounding one) has to offer. We went to see them perform several times before booking them and every time was a blast. They helped make our wedding truly amazing. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone couldn't get over how good they were. I still get compliments about them.

This band is a solid 5 out of 5 and anyone choosing not to book them is making a huge mistake.

Profile Picture Jon, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Port City was the perfect choice for our wedding! They were great from start to finish and we are so happy that we decided to go with them. Tim was super helpful throughout the whole process! We would recommend them to anyone and received compliments throughout the entire night on how great they were.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

AMAZING!!!!! We hired this band to come to Awendaw, SC (right outside of Charleston, SC) and they made the wedding the best ever. The musicians are top notch and so professional. We had people dancing only minutes after the band started and the dance floor was full the rest of the night. Most people stayed until the very end!!! That never happens! Well is does with Port City Shakedown. I heard many people say that it was the best band they had ever heard :)

Profile Picture User6058784, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

It's so wonderful to hear from all your guests that your wedding is one of the best they've ever been to! I have to thank Port City Shakedown for keeping the energy high and the dance floor packed until the venue started stacking up the chairs and clearing up the room for the night! Even after last call my guests were screaming for an ENCORE! We danced the night away to the best selection of current top 40, 80s, 90s, and classic. There's nothing this band can't do! Such a pleasure to deal with as well, they are so customer oriented and go above and beyond to make your event special. We had such a blast! One of the best moments during the reception was when my husband leaned over and whispered to me "Port City was definitely the best investment of the whole entire wedding." If the couple isn't having fun what's the point?

Profile Picture User5587451, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Port City Shakedown is UNBELIEVABLE! They made my wedding a huge success! All of my guests have been asking about them! This six-piece band is the way to go! They had the crowd dancing, singing and loving every minute of the night! When a summer thunderstorm popped up on the horizon they set up the DJ inside for the cocktail hour and waited out the rain. When things dried up they set up in a quarter of their normal time and were jamming out as soon as the ceremony was done. They played the first dance, father daughter and mother son songs they learned for us and said, “No more slow songs, lets party!” That’s exactly what happened! I can’t wait to see them at one of the venues they play in Wilmington the next time I am in town. They are phenomenal and easily the best price in town!

Profile Picture Casey , 5/21/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

We had Port City Shakedown play at our recent wedding reception and they were phenomenal! They were very kind and flexible to work with given our venue location on Bald Head Island, which required slightly more planning and coordination. At the reception they had everyone up dancing, we still have guests complimenting on how fantastic the music was. They helped organize the whole evening from cocktail hour to the first dances to cake cutting and the garter/boquet toss. They even worked to learn new songs for us which was an amazing addition. We now have memories we will cherish forever! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome band to play their event.

Profile Picture User3662417, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Port City Shakedown was absolutely phenomenal for our wedding reception! We had the best time, our guests raved all night long about the music, and the dance floor was covered with friends and family until the night ended! Tim was very professional throughout the entire experience, was accommodating of all of our needs, and made the experience as stress free as possible. Give them a call- it will be the best decision you make!

Profile Picture Kelli, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Port City Shakedown Band is Amazing!! They are incredibly talented, professional, accommodating, and just awesome!! The band can play a wide variety of music, not to mention every song they play sounds as good as the original! Their energy is contagious, you can be guaranteed a great time!
Besides being a great band, they made the whole planning process so easy....Tim was extremely organized, and the entire wedding reception went exactly how we had planned!!! They are just amazing!! I cannot say enough about this band!! You will love them!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

We wanted a fun wedding reception and Port City Shakedown delivered! PCS was the perfect choice for our wedding reception. We wanted something unique, personal and FUN and we were not disappointed with our choice. The communication leading up to the event was professional and organized. They listened to ALL my concerns and made all my requests a reality. The band's talent is deep and diverse which comes out in their performance. The band members were kind, personable and interacted well with the guests. They had the reception rocking for hours and we didn't want to leave! It's been two months and our friends and family are still talking about what a blast they had dancing the night away with Port City Shakedown! Hiring PCS for your wedding reception will ensure it is a night to remember!

Thanks for everything,