Port City Shakedown Reviews

40 | Wilmington, NC

40 Reviews for Port City Shakedown

Beth Lamar · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Best Band Ever

WOW! If you're looking for a band to celebrate a special occasion, look no further! Tim and the band had our guests up and dancing the entire night. They are talented, fun, personable, and easy to work with. We has so much fun and hated to see the party end. All anybody talked about was how awesome the band was. Don't hesitate a minute to book this outstanding group of musicians and vocalists! Port City Shakedown was the bomb! Just wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing!

Port City Shakedown was absolutely amazing to work with. Tim was so responsive and on top of things throughout the whole planning process, and that really helped to keep me calm! Everything went seamlessly from beginning to end. The set list that they put together was so perfect and FUN!! The dance floor was packed the entire reception, and all of our guests commented on how great our band was (and actually keep continuing to tell us how much fun they had dancing to the music). My husband and I danced the night away, and we could not have asked for better entertainment for our big day! If you are having any hesitation, DON'T and book them ASAP!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Ryann

Ryann · Married on 11/09/2019

The Best Part of Our Wedding

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Port City Shakedown! They had every wedding guest on the dance floor the entire night, and everyone could not stop telling us how amazing they were. The band is so fun and easy to work with. I would recommend them to absolutely anyone. They were the best decision we made!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/19/2019

Best. Wedding. Band. Ever.

If you are looking for the most entertaining group of musicians, look no further. Port City Shakedown is the BEST wedding band I have ever experienced and were so wonderful to work with! Our guests never stopped dancing. The music selection was perfect and the sound was out of this world. I cannot recommend them more highly!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Mary Jane Cooke · Married on 10/12/2019

Awesome Wedding Band!

Port City Shakedown was the perfect party band for our beach wedding! They were awesome to work with, super responsive and flexible. We and our guests had a blast dancing to their fun party music. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/02/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/24/2019

Worth Every Penny

Port City Shakedown was one of the most hassle free aspects of our wedding. They were easy to work with for booking, are an amazing value, and kept the dance floor full all night! We loved their repertoire of music and whole heatedly recommend them!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Mollie

Mollie Schrull · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing and fun band!

Port City Shakedown played at our wedding reception on May 4, 2019 and they brought the house down! Not only is this band so musically talented but they are so professional and SO FUN. We actually realized last minute we had not chosen to have the band play our first dance songs and they learned all 3 without any hesitation. This band read the crowd and kept the party going. Family and friends who regularly refuse to dance were out on the dance floor having the best time. They were wonderful to my husband and me and all of our guests. They were also so organized and reliable when planning for the reception with them. They made all the details easy, and their performance was unforgettable. I highly recommend booking this band for your wedding or any celebratory event!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Neil · Married on 11/03/2018

Port City Shakedown brought the house down!

They absolutely killed it! From the first song to the encore that the entire room begged for, everyone was up and dancing and having a blast the entire time. Would recommend Tim and Port City Shakedown 10/10 times!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Amy Schell · Married on 10/20/2018

Great wedding band

I used port city shakedown for my ceremony music and reception band at my wedding. They were incredible. They were professional, on time, and well worth the money. They kept my guests dancing and smiling. They had a wide range of songs to choose from and they nailed the Mcing. A band is a super nice touch to a wedding if you are wanting your guests to get out of their comfort zone and dance. I would hire them all over again!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing Wedding Band, for the BEST Value!

Port City Shakedown performed at our October 2018 wedding in Wilmington and they ROCKED IT!! Not only were they amazing live, with a great selection of current and older songs, but they were also extremely professional and responsive in the weeks leading up to our wedding (as we dealt with some last minute changes caused by Hurricane Michael.) We were a bit (but only a bit) skeptical since we booked them without ever seeing them in person, but we all had the BEST time and our guests were commenting for the rest of the weekend about how awesome our wedding band was. I think everyone was sad when the wedding ended... if it were up to us we would've kept dancing into the wee hours of the morning. :) I would definitely recommend Port City Shakedown to anyone looking for a lively band that will keep the party going! And the value for the money cannot be beat! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, PORT CITY!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

They were absolutely amazing the night of the wedding and were so easy to work with the entire time!

Everyone is still talking about how great our band was! They kept the dance floor full the entire night and no one left early! They were the highlight of our reception for sure! :)

Sent on 10/19/2018

Denise · Married on 09/30/2018

Great band, professional, goid range of songs, welcomed requests. Everyone was up and dancing all night, guests loved them

Sent on 07/23/2018

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2018

Port City Shakedown offers you all of the fun and songs you can imagine to make your wedding a big success for bride and groom as well as for the guests. Each member is friendly and ALL are on the same goal- To Make You Happy. !!! They did just that, made all happy. As the wedding planner, I enjoyed working with the band- it was all about the TEAM and flexibility and an awesome outcome !!!!!! Thank you - Kindred Spirit Events

Sent on 09/07/2018

Eric · Married on 09/01/2018

They were great and everybody at the wedding loved them

Sent on 10/01/2018

James · Married on 08/25/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Port City Shakedown was outstanding. They had every single (capable) guest at our wedding dancing from their first song all the way to their last song. The band members and their talents complement each other perfectly. I can not imagine having another band for our wedding. They were freaking awesome.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Mike · Married on 05/26/2018

We hired the Shakedown for my daughters wedding on Memorial Day weekend. I was totally satisfied. They are very professional musicians and the lead singers voices were great. Many of our guests commented how nice they sounded. Tim was great to work with and was very flexible. They hit it out of the park and made everyone enjoy the reception and get up on the dance floor. Thank you Shakedown for making our daughters wedding very memorable for all.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Cameron · Married on 03/03/2018

My wife and I had the Port City Shakedown band for our 30th birthday; wepicked this band after seeing them at a friends wedding. They were awesome, kept the whole party going all night and played all genres of music! We were really glad that we picked them for our party. I highly recommend this band for your event; I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Anne · Married on 10/21/2017

Simply AMAZING! I cannot thank the band enough for making our daughter's wedding the most perfect night! They were entertaining, energetic, and so into the crowd! Our guests loved them and stayed on the floor the entire night. Best money we spent on the reception. HIGHLY recommended. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Anja · Married on 10/07/2017

These guys know how to read a crowd, play the right music and keep guests dancing! They were able to switch songs in live time and even had my "I don't dance" guests up and grooving. They were absolutely incredible and I would recommend them to anyone having any kind of an event! You will not be disappointed with this group. We ended up choosing horns to play as well, and it really set the band off. I want to get married all over just so I can hire these guys again!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Blaire · Married on 09/02/2017

This band was amazing! They got the party started and kept it going without even taking a break!! Excellent party band for a wedding reception!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

Port City Shakedown was amazing! They totally got the party started :) Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Tim is so responsive and easy to work with. I want to have another party just so they can be the entertainment.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Tammy · Married on 06/03/2017

These guys show your guests a great time. Awesome vocals and musicians! So many compliments from our wedding guests. We had an awesome time. I highly recommend this band! Thank you Port City Shakedown!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Lindsey · Married on 05/13/2017

We hired this band a year before our wedding. While we did hear them in person once shortly after hiring them at a local bar, we never ended up meeting in person until the day of the wedding. They recently hired a new male vocalist. Those two things made me slightly nervous but Tim was always great with email and other local vendors had nothing to say but great things about Port City Shakedown. Our wedding this part weekend was amazing - everyone LOVED these guys! They have great energy and we all enjoyed ourselves. Thank you so much Port city shakedown for making our night so memorable!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 04/23/2017

We LOVED this band! I was skeptical at first but my now-husband insisted a band would make our reception spectacular - and he was right! The band was put together, easy to work with, so fun and rolled with our changes and suggestions. They made our reception a wonderful success and we can't thank them enough - from the 6 year old to the 92 year old, everyone had great things to say! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2016

Port City Shakedown is the BEST! They made our wedding reception a true celebration and party! I hear they are losing their main singer which is a bummer but we so enjoyed them at our wedding! Thank you!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Port City Shakedown's reply:

As of January 2017, Port City Shakedown are excited to announce that they have hired an extremely talented male vocalist who has gone above and beyond to fill the shoes of the former vocalist, Matt. The artistry and chemistry between the two lead vocalists (male and female), has brought the band to new heights and sounds better than ever!