Pop'z BBQ & Catering Reviews

Pop'z BBQ & Catering 6
  • O

Old Bridge Village Yacht Club · Married on 11/18/2018

Shipwreck PArty

We used Pop'z BBQ for our annual Shipwreck party last night the food was terrific service was great it was a big hit. We will be using Popz BBQ again. I highly recommend POP'Z BBQ.

Amy · Married on 04/21/2018

This team is amazing from Steve, to his son, to his brother! The food was amazing and we have so many different people asking where our food was from and asking for your number! Thank you for making sure our wedding guests were feed with amazing food! Our only concern was that we ordered food for 165 people and we had people tell us that by the time they got up there you had no chicken left. However, they said the ribs and pulled pork they ate was amazing, so I guess they still went away happy! I just want to say this company was easy to work with, friendly and helpful! We look forward to using this company in the future. My husband's job just said if they meet their goal at work they are going to hire Pop'z to cater an event for them just because all the guys came back and said how amazing the food was! Thank you again for feeding our people and helping our night be as magical as it was!

Rebecca · Married on 04/06/2018

These guys were our caterers and they were absolutely fantastic! Firstly, the food was the most delicious barbecue that we’ve ever had. In fact, one of our few regrets from the day was not leaving more room for the main meal because we gorged on the appetizers (barbecue shrimp and bacon-wrapped stuffed peppers). Months later, our guests still bring up how amazing the food was when we talk to them; we literally had no leftovers except for some of the sauce which I know I’m going to get into the habit of ordering online. Secondly, the service was without parallel. Steve and his brother Chris are such genuinely nice guys who take such (well-deserved) pride in what they do. From our first meeting with them while we were interviewing caterers, to the intervening months as we were deciding on our menu items and coordinating logistics with other vendors, to the day itself, they were unfailingly available, helpful and in high spirits. They were always quick to get back to us and answer any questions we had which made the food side of things one aspect of the wedding prep that was mercifully stressless to us. We can’t thank them enough and I am actually hopeful that one day we have another event that gives us the excuse to hire them again.

Pop'z BBQ & Catering 7
    Pop'z BBQ & Catering 8
    Pop'z BBQ & Catering 9

Janet · Married on 03/10/2018

We had Pop'z for my fathers 90th Birthday in Naples. Steve and his crew were so amazing! The food was delicious and loved by all!
    We cant thank him enough for making this rainy day celebration spectacular. The tenderloin and rib eye were cooked to perfection, not to mention the chicken, pulled pork and salmon which everyone raved about. Thank you Steve for making Don's party a hit!

Ellen · Married on 01/19/2018

I can only say great things about Steve and Pop'Z BBQ. I was calling from out of town to arrange a pre-wedding "luau" for a destination wedding in Ft. Myers, so I had to use reviews and instincts to select a caterer. From the first phone call, Steve stood out as the most friendly and professional provider on my list. I believe his prices were very fair and he worked to accommodate budget concerns. Over several months, I made some changes to our menu and guest numbers, but nothing flustered Steve. He sent emails, and returned calls promptly, always offering great reassurance. I then realized that he catered frequently at our event location, the Legacy Harbour Hotel and Marina, so I loved that he and their management worked great together. (I also recommend the Legacy Harbour as a location.) Pop'Z was on time, delivered great food as promised, and the 85 guests raved. Steve and his staff were cordial, kept all areas very clean - and, most importantly, added to our fun!

Pop'z BBQ & Catering 10
    Pop'z BBQ & Catering 11
    Pop'z BBQ & Catering 12

Ashley · Married on 11/23/2017

Anyone looking for a caterer should look no further! My husband and I chose Pop'z BBQ as the caterer for our wedding because they had such good reviews on the Knot, so my expectations were high going in. Steve exceeded my high expectations by providing absolutely delicious food, being extremely attentive to us and our guests, being exceptionally responsive and communicative both leading up to and during our wedding and, lastly, by just being such a kind and likable person. Every one of our guests raved about the food and service, and there were leftovers for the next day so we kept right on enjoying them. Our wedding was on Thanksgiving night and I was so pleased that Steve was willing to join us on a holiday. He was timely and efficient as well. I can't say enough good things about you, Pop'z BBQ!! The next time I need a caterer in Southwest FL, you are my man. I've passed along your name to a few folks who asked after seeing you at work. Well done! You were an integral part of what made the best day of my life so wonderful. Thanks! Ashley

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 11/12/2016

Steve and his team just did my wedding this weekend at Lover's Key and it was perfect. The food was incredible and the BBQ sauce was a major crowd hit! We opted for the pulled pork, brisket and chicken. All of the meat was tender and fell right off the bone. I highly recommend pop's BBQ for any event in the future :)

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2016

Steve and his team did an amazing job. All our guests complimented his food we got Chicken, Pulled Pork and the brisket with sides including beans, cole slaw; and his homemade BBQ sauce which was out of this world. Steve came up to us as were eating to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were enjoying everything. Steve was a pleasure to work with and he incredibly kind and professional ! Steve also dose not hesitate to answer any of your question and dose so in timely matter!! Im so happy we choose POP'Z BBQ It was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!
    Thank You So Much Steve!!!

Kayla · Married on 10/15/2016

AMAZING - Best BBQ we've ever had! We used Popz BBQ for our wedding & the food was a complete hit. Everyone loved it and kept going back for more. Steve was very accommodating to all of our menu requests and even went out of his way to make a special vegetarian main dish for any guests who didn't eat meat. He was very professional and the food was presented so beautifully. Luckily we were able to snag some of his bottled BBQ sauce before the nights end! I can't say enough good things & we will be recommending Popz to anyone in need of catering. -K&C

Carol · Married on 09/24/2016

Uh-mazing bbq. I was a little worried about finding a decent bbq place in FL since most of my family is from Texas and totally bbq spoiled. But everyone at my reception raved about how good it was. Don't even get me started on the ribs! Totally to die for. Great service, Steve met up with us and brought us a huge tray of food to try and sent us home with the leftovers. So so so good, we had some bbq leftover and I have never been happier than when I realized we had extra bbq sauce to take home with us. Our wedding was a little informal, so if you are looking for some delicious bbq for a great price look no further.

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 03/19/2016

I couldn't have asked for a better caterer. Steve is wonderful. He even came right to our house with a big plate of food so we could try everything before we booked him! Everything was so delicious and flavorful. All the guests at my wedding raved about the food. I was so happy to find him. I highly recommend Pop'z BBQ & Catering to anyone looking for BBQ with amazing flavor, and a very kind an professional caterer.

Popz BBQ provided his catering services for our wedding on Siesta Key, FL on New Years Eve 2015. As the groom, I was responsible for selecting the food and the entertainment. I did hours of research, trying to find the best catering options in the Sarasota, FL area. Ultimately I selected Popz BBQ based on a strong recommendation by our wedding photographer (Heather Barkis @ Expose Photography - who was ALSO incredible) and he did not disappoint. You can't really get better service and value than with Steve Johnson and his family @ Popz BBQ. He is born and raised in south GA and MAN can this dude cook so BBQ! He worked with us on setup, menu and was timely, professional and easy to work with. The most important thing about Popz BBQ is that the food is incredible!!! We had pulled chicken, pulled pork, baked beans, coleslaw, Hawaiian sweet rolls and a garden salad prepared for 100 people. We also had these incredible Hawaiian shrimp skewers and bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers for cocktail appetizers. Everything was prepared on this incredible smoker he brings on site. Steve and his team served the appetizers personally, manned the buffet table and provided clean up service. The majority of our guests went out of their way to tell us how much they enjoyed the food! A++ HIGHLY recommended.

Jennifer · Married on 04/22/2015

Steve at Popz BBQ is absolutely amazing!! We just had our wedding at Lovers Key and Popz BBQ catered our event. Let me start by saying that Steve is such an accommodating person to work with, in the early stages of planning our wedding our work schedules were so crazy we were having a hard time meeting up with Steve to try the BBQ. Steve was so awesome, he drove to our house during my lunch break, with his smoker in tow headed to another event, just to drop a plate off to us so we could sample! Needless to say we were blown away! He put together a phenomenal menu for us and my guests have not stopped raving about the food. If you love BBQ you need to get with Popz, you will NOT be disappointed!! Thanks again Steve for all your hard work!

Chris · Married on 01/04/2014

Popz and Steve Johnson is very easy to do business with and is a great guy on top of it. Went above and beyond, and quick to respond to questions or changes in plans. The BBQ simply blew us away, there is no one better in the game and it will impress everyone at your event/wedding I guarantee it. Do yourself a favor and book Popz you will not be sorry!

Tonja · Married on 06/23/2012

We had Steve cater our small wedding, (40 people) and we couldn't be happier. He was very willing to work with us. From not being in the area locally, we had to really put our trust in him. We had the pulled pork, beef brisket, potato salad, coleslaw and baked beans. We also had the stuffed peppers which everyone raved about. They must have been good because there weren't any left when I went to grab one! The food was very good and Steve went out of his way to make the night memorable. He even swept water away from our chapel entrance so that people didn't have to walk in puddles! I highly recommend you look into Pop'z if you are considering BBQ, you won't be disappointed.

charles · Married on 06/16/2012

We had Pop'Z, Steve Johnson, cater our rehearsal party for 50 people on 6/15/12.
    He finished cooking chicken BBQ on site at our designated location.He arrived as
    scheduled promptly. He provided & did everything-cooking, set up and tear down.
    The BBQ, sides and homemade BBQ sauce were excellant! Everyone commented on how moist and good it was. The prices were very reasonable. We had plenty of food.
    Thanks for everything Steve. It was great !

Kelly · Married on 04/21/2012

Pop'z BBQ catered our 4/21/2012 wedding on Ft. Myers Beach. We had the reception at a house on the beach and due to the strong winds and rain we had to make a few changes. Pop'z BBq was very accomodating, friendly, and helpful. Everything on our menu was absolutely delicous. Our family and friends loved the meal and have repeatedly told us how great the food was. We had brisket, pulled pork, coleslaw, baked beans, pasta salad, and red skin potato's. I would highly reccomend Pop'z to all who want a delicous meal. Thank you Steve for the great food and memories!

Jackie · Married on 05/02/2011

We hosted an \"at-home-reception\" this past weekend for 50 people in Southwest Florida (where I grew up) in celebration of our recent Hawaiian wedding with just my husband and myself. Our party was luau style, so we decided to go with BBQ as it went with our theme and the most cost effective for our budget. We lucked out big time when the owner of the home we rented for the party (more on that location later) suggested Steve from Popz BBQ & Catering.\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nSteve\'s prices were very competitive and offered a better deal for our group than Rib City, the other vendor in consideration. His package also included paper plates, napkins, plasticware, his homemade BBQ sauce, rolls and butter. Everyone was raving about the food, and I can\'t remember when I had BBQ this good in a restaurant. The onside smoker is awesome for ambience and smells fantastic, just like the food.\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nYou won\'t go wrong with booking Popz BBQ for your event!

• lisa

lisa · Married on 04/02/2011

AMAZING! Steve's customer service was great. The food was delicious! He catered our wedding at the Burroughs home and the food was fresh and tender. Everyone LOVED the food.

Kristy · Married on 10/23/2010

Popz BBQ is AMAZING...you can ask all of 200 of my friends & family that attending my wedding! Steve is one of the nicest people I have ever met!! He has the BEST BBQ & SECRET SAUCE I have ever had! If you believe in great food, great service and amazing experience...contact Popz! He\'s da man!

Natalie · Married on 08/11/2012

All I can say was delicious!!!!!! Everyone at the wedding could not stop talking about the food, especially the beef brisket and barbecue shrimp. It was fresh, quality and affordable food. They were really easy to contact and responsive when we needed him to be. I will definitely use them again for an event. You will not be disappointed.