Poppy Ridge Golf Course Reviews

17 | Livermore, CA

17 Reviews for Poppy Ridge Golf Course

Sara Hofstadter · Married on 06/13/2020

Future Dream

Our wedding was planned for June 2020 and had to be postponed due to covid-19. We cannot be more thankful and grateful that we chose Poppy Ridge as our venue!!
    During the planning process, the staff at Poppy Ridge were so accommodating and we felt like they would bend over backwards to make sure our wedding was perfect. The events director Abby was such a pleasure to work with and always got back to us promptly. When covid-19 struck, Abby reached out to us multiple times to check in and see how we were doing.
    When we decided to postpone our wedding, we were so lucky with how easy they made everything. We absolutely cannot wait to work with the team again to make our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 05/03/2020
  • Jorge

Jorge Bermudez · Married on 03/07/2020

Beautiful location and staff!!

Our special day was celebrated in an unforgettable way, due to the excellent customer service and professional preparation and dedication of the venue staff, from setting the ceremony to serving our dinner. The kitchen staff was fantastic. We would like to commend our wedding planner Leann who did everything we asked and thank you to Abby for the painless process. Thank you All.

Sent on 04/06/2020

Hana Yang · Married on 07/05/2019

Better than if I handled everything

After visiting and considering over a dozen venues we chose Poppy Ridge for a few reasons :
    Exclusive use of the venue, late finish time, beauty of the building and venue for indoor/outdoor, rustic /refined, food options and ability to customize, lower cost for beverage service for under 21, flexibility and ease of communication with Abby and Leanne.

Every question, new request, change of mind and concerns were handled and answered quickly and with such service. They made me feel that good friends were taking care of everything and that I wouldn't have a worry the day of.

The day of was amazing! Just as we discussed during our rehearsal and dozen emails, the balcony (aka ceremony and dance floor) was under beautiful lights, the staff were all polite, charismatic, invisible yet accommodating.

My guests all commented that the food was delicious, service impeccable, venue was stunning and the night perfect! We are anxiously waiting for our pictures and be welcomed back from our honeymoon.

Would recommend everything about this venue and staff! Abby and Leanne, you ladies are truly the best!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Brooke Lari · Married on 06/29/2019

Married 6/29/19

My husband and I were so pleased with how easy and stress free Abby and Leanne made planning our wedding. The venue is flexible, beautiful, and fairly priced.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2019

Love Poppy Ridge!

We got married at Poppy Ridge this past June and we absolutely LOVED it! Poppy Ridge is a beautiful venue with wonderful, professional staff. Abby, our coordinator, was so incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process and answered every single question we had with friendliness and patience. Leanne, our day of coordinator, was also so easy and great to work with! She made sure our wedding went smoothly and helped in so many ways! We chose the buffet service and passed appetizers and there is no doubt that there was plenty of food! Many guests even went back for seconds without any issue. The bar tender was also awesome and everyone said they got their drinks super quickly! Overall, it was a fantastic experience and I recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place that truly cares and takes pride in hosting weddings!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Poppy Ridge Golf Course's reply:

Hi Michelle and Pat,
    Thank you so much for the sweet words, it was such a pleasure working with you both! Wishing you all the best!
    - Abby Crandall

Miguel Lima · Married on 06/08/2019

A June Masterpiece

Poppy Ridge is beautiful, affordable, pleasant, and amazing. I couldn’t expect our wedding to be more fantastic than it was.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2018

Best experience!!

Abby and Becky made my wedding dream come true! Everything was stunning and working with Abby was so easy, she’s so prompt and goes above and beyond ! We couldn’t be happier with how our day turned out

Sent on 11/12/2018

Poppy Ridge Golf Course's reply:

Hi Jessica,
    It was such a joy to work with you and Jafid, and to assist in bringing your special day to life! Thank you for trusting us with your memories!
    Best wishes,
    Abby Crandall

Jen · Married on 04/08/2017

I got married at Poppy Ridge this month, and it was the best day of my life.

First, I chose the venue in part because I saw so many reviews that the event coordinator, Brian Garza is so good. Um, Brian actually changed jobs a couple of weeks before the wedding, but it still went off without a hitch. Becky Armstrong is amazing. She is extremely experienced, she made sure every detail was taken care of before the ceremony started, and she also, made sure each step of the wedding day ran on time.

I emailed Becky many times right before the wedding with a whole list of questions, and she always responded quickly, and with reassuring answers. I am so glad we were able to work with her!

This is a beautiful venue, and it was also actually one of the most affordable venues that we could find. The views from the ceremony site were stunning.

I think we probably got some pretty cool pictures because Poppy Ridge has someone drive the bride, groom, and photographers around the golf course for photos.

The food tasting was super fun. The executive chef is amazing and he seems like he really has a passion for food. It was really cool talking to him because you can tell he puts a lot of care into all of the food that he buys and cooks.

Overall, I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Matt · Married on 02/16/2013

Brian and his staff are first class. They were flexible with our requests and made our day very special. Our guests had a great time at a picturesque location. The best part (in my opinion) was the food. It was excellent and our guests loved it too! We were on a budget and Brian was willing to work with us to find a budget that worked well for us, while also making the day special. We also had a special request to have our photos done before the wedding, and Brian was willing to accommodate the request. The only drawback to this place is that it is so popular that you need to reserve your date early. We did it about 11 months in advance. This is a great venue for a wedding and without any reservations, we highly recommend it to others who are considering locations for their wedding in the Tri-Valley area.

Sent on 03/16/2013

poppy ridge was a fantastic venue for our special day...
    Service and food was absolutly wonderful

Sent on 01/29/2013

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2012

The golf course is an obvious beauty, but the actualy building was perfect for my wedding as well. The people that helped - Brian Garza - made the day so amazing. The staff there is just so nice and accomadating and so willing to do what you want (obviously within reason). I had so many compliments from my guests about the beauty of the place along with the staff. A MUST TO VISIT! Oh and for everything that they offered it was like insanely fair in cost. The food is amazing - loved the cheif- the full bar was a STEAL of a price. I cant say enough great things about this place. SERIOUSLY just go and visit it. It is more than worth...

Sent on 12/19/2012

Courtney · Married on 07/08/2011

I am beyond words for how grateful I am for your entire staff. Everything was absolutely wonderful and I am forever grateful for getting the wedding of my dreams. Brian Garza, Tony, Courtney and Jerry were AMAZING. I will be recommending your venue to ALL of my family and friends. Thank you so much for everything.
    -Courtney Catterton Repetto

Sent on 08/25/2011

Kathryn · Married on 03/28/2009

Our wedding was March 28th 2009 and Poppy Ridge made it so I didn't have to worry about anything. With the staff of employees that tended to every need I couldn't have asked for anything more. Jerry took us around the golf coursr for pictures and Tony made sure noone got drunck and stupid. They were all wonderful to us and still today we go for lunch or breakfast and everyone comes over to say hello. Wonderful place.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Liza · Married on 12/09/2006

So many positive things to say about Poppy Ridge Golf Club, that I don't know where to begin. We recently got married in June and our wedding day was truly perfect thanks to all our vendors and their hard work. As an overall venue for our reception Poppy Ridge Golf Course proved to be above and beyond what we expected. From the breath taking backdrop views of rolling hills and Livermore vineyards to the amazing staff we could not have chosen a more perfect place.

Our wedding coordinator Brian Garza was truly amazing and worked with us on every detail of our wedding reception. He really was our go to guy for the wedding day and treated us like royalty on our special day. Becky also was a huge help as well and Chef John at Poppy Ridge was not only an amazing contributor to our superb appetizer & dinner menu but truly a talented chef that had our guests still talking about our wedding menu even after the wedding. As an overall venue they provided tables, linens, chargers, silverware, glasses, and more. You name it and they did their very best to accommodate you. They were the easiest, most friendly, supportive and attentive staff I've ever experienced at any wedding I've been to. I highly recommend this venue site for your wedding ceremony & reception.

Although we had our wedding at a church, I feel this would also be an amazing place to get married with the incredible view as your backdrop. One fun thing that they do for weddings is to take the married couple out on a golf cart with their photographers to capture beautiful scenic pictures up close. Believe me the pictures we have captured look like they were out of a magazine with the backdrop that was used. As a quick recap: EXTREMELY accommodating and easy to work with, when choosing your wedding reception venue in the Bay Area, be sure to check this place out because you'll get above and beyond what you pay for :)

Sent on 07/26/2012

Anna · Married on 10/01/2011

I had my wedding here on 10/1/11 and Brian Garza was our wedding coordinator. Over the course of our planning he had always been so accommodating and responsive to my requests and inquiries. Brian was extremely professional and we had a wonderful time on our wedding. Our guests are still raving about it! They were pleased with the food and layout of the venue. The venue is gorgeous with a wonderful view of the golf course. Everything went by so smoothly without a hitch. Thank you so much to Brian and Becky for all your help!!

Sent on 10/11/2011
  • Sammy

Sammy Monsees · Married on 09/15/2019

Great venue and excellent coordinators

Abby did such a great job! She is great at responding to our questions and made us feel comfortable and is approachable. This place is beautiful and Abby will do her best to make your wedding day perfect. She definitely did that for us. We’re glad we chose this place! Plus they don’t have a minimum you have to spend like Napa did.

Sent on 10/04/2019

What a beautiful to place to have a wedding. It is truly picturesque and MUCH cheaper than similar places in the area. The only issue we had was that not all the appetizers we selected were served. They switched a couple of them. I didn't even realize until the next day, so it really wasn't a big deal.

Sent on 07/17/2012