Pond View Farm Reviews

Pond View Farm 6
Pond View Farm 7
  • Oscar

Oscar Ayala · Married on 08/04/2019

Perfect, perfect, perfect :)

Ill start by saying this, there is NO WAY, that you will check out Pond View Farm in person and not run to the computer as soon as your home to book your date. The Farm is drop dead gorgeous. My wife and I got married there on 08.04.19 and things could not have gone more perfect. First things first; Shane & Jackie (the owners), are two of the most down to earth, humble and hard working people. If it had not been for me meeting Shane on the day that we went to see the venue for the first time, I would not have known it was him on wedding day. I say that because these people are the ones working the hardest, moving up and down, making sure everything goes perfect; and always, always always with a big smile on :)
    To be honest we booked with Pond View Farms without ever seeing any other venues in person. The price is well worth it, you get to use the nicely decorated suites, and you get to be in the farm since the early AM. They also have a BUNCH of lawn games available, there are many horses, a peacock, ducks, birds, cats, etc... aside from that you have that beautiful pond, the perfectly placed willow trees and that breath taking barn. Honestly it may sound too good to be true when someone hears me talking about PVF, but its all true; at the end of it all they are simply the perfect Venue. Now let me go on to Nick.... I do not really know what Nick's official title is, but to me he is the "Can Do Anything Guy". Nick is quick with E-Mails, calls and when you meet him, he will be just another reason to book PVF for your special day. Nick knows it all, he is like a walking FAQ person lol He is very laid back but at the same time he is meticulous and caring of any special requests/needs that you require. Lastly (if you ask him too that is) he can be extremely honest with you and tell you what he thinks as far as decorations and any logistics of the wedding (I personally like when people are upfront and can tell me, "that would look nice" and or "that would not" lol), Nick can be both, if you ask him his opinion he will be very honest and to those people that don't necessarily like that, he is at the very same time, very discreet and professional, he can do both to better accommodate your needs (I would suggest you ask him to be direct, he gives some awesome ideas/advise, we are glad that he told us straight up about some of our ideas that we had, in which he was completely right and they would NOT have been very good ones on OUR part).
    Lastly I will talk about Lindsey (the day of coordinator), I was unsure about Ms. Lindsey Sommer in the beginning, I had not met her but was not sure we needed a "day of coordinator". In fact we met with Nick (3) weeks prior to the BIG DAY! :D
    And that's when we met Lindsey in person, she was running up and down decorating the barn, making sure each table looked stunning, making sure each napkin was perfectly placed on top of each china plate, wrapping the barn posts with LED lights and getting on top of the ladders (have you ever seen the old cartoons, when they are moving fast all you see is like the dust or cloud behind them? Imagine that, Lindsey literally everywhere taking care of details, because she knows its YOUR special day) I remember towards the end of our meeting with Nick, Eva (my wife) and I walked out to the Pavilion (bar area) and since I like being straight forward; I asked Nick "Is it worth it to get Lindsey for the wedding, be honest". and he said "Absolutely yes, you wont regret it!, she does so much, you don't know it yet, but you will need her there". I said "Okay, that's all I needed to hear, lets do it!"

We quickly walked back into the barn and sat down to talk to Lindsey, she went over some details with us and we were out on our way.....
    WEDDING DAY IS FINALLY HERE :D
    And Nick....was absolutely right!!!! Lindsey makes the day move smoothly, she is like a personal assistant, she helps soooo much with EVERYTHING. Quite simply there is no way our day would have been as special without Lindsey. Eleven days have passed since our wedding day :(
    Yet we are still hearing of several "issues" that Lindsey fixed (in the backgrounds) without us ever even knowing, she is that person who is making sure things go perfectly.
    She moves people from room to room, she talks to the bands and gives them the Q's, the same thing with the DJ; she talks to the guests and also to the bride and groom to make sure you stay on schedule (the wedding goes by so fast, so many people, that you will lose track of time, I guarantee it). She talks to your photographers and videographers to make sure everyone is on the same page, and she doesn't just do it once, she is constantly asking you "is everything okay?" "You need anything?" ALL DAY!!!! she does that all day for you, at the end of the night she is the first person to help you clean up your decorations and put them back in the boxes....I would need more time and more space to talk about everything she does, but just imagine this:
    Its your wedding day, you have been practicing for this day for at least a year, (girls for thre whole life lol) but wait, you have to go decorate, make sure everything looks nice, then you have to talk last minute logistics with the DJ, than find out why the band is late, where is the pastor?...
    Later on the day, things are going perfect aside from the fact that your guest will stop you and take quick pictures with you anytime your free (dont blame them they want to be part of your forever memories as well), but oh wait, you did not give the Q's to the bands so they are a bit unsure on when to stop playing, and when its time for your first dance, who is gonna let your DJ know when to cut off the song (or are you gonna dance all 5 minutes of it?)
    the same goes for photographers and the videographers, for your guest and your bridal party, on top of that you need to stay on a tight schedule and; oh wait; on top of that one, you need to take a million pictures with your guests and make sure everyone is having a good time....." THE END....
    That is literally unfair to you (the bride and groom) to do on YOUR day, let Lindsey and Nick, and Shane & Ms. Jackie take that pressure off of you....

Thank you to everyone at Pond View Farm,
    Thank you Nick, Lindsey, Shane & Jackie!
    Thanks to you all; our wedding was our dream wedding,
    1) the food was perfect,

Pond View Farm 11
  • Tim

Tim · Married on 07/14/2019

Perfect in Every Way

We booked Pond View for a Sunday wedding after an exhaustive venue search throughout Maryland. This little slice of heaven is tucked away in White Hall, close enough to Shrewsbury PA that the local hotel and several amenities like Walmart, ACME, Home Depot, etc. are easily reached, but far enough away that there is no noise to be heard but for the occasional squawk of a loon or neigh of a horse. The barn is spacious and provides great airflow during the hot days and great cover for the rainy days. The staff was tremendously helpful and always willing to take a quick call or return a short email to assuage any concerns. We got amazing bang for our buck at this venue, and Nick and Lindsay (and Chrissy before them) were worth every penny! One note for newcomers: as of 2019, you are required to use Pond View's own catering services when booking this venue - we had no problem with that whatsoever, as the food is top notch too! 10/10 would recommend for any outdoor wedding!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/21/2019

The Perfect Venue

The second I saw Pond View in person, I knew this was where my wedding had to be. I received so many compliments about how beautiful my venue was and how great the food, staff and all around experience was for our guests. Between Nick answering all my questions leading up to the wedding and Pond View's amazing catering staff, I had such a wonderful experience!

I also HIGHLY recommend hiring their day of coordinator, Lindsey. She was so incredibly helpful during every stage of our wedding. From our first meeting to the day of, she was always there to help in anyway she could. She worked so hard throughout the rehearsal and on our wedding day to ensure I did not have to stress about anything. We had a perfect wedding day and I know Lindsey played a huge role in making that happen.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 05/17/2019

Picture perfect venue with great service

I could not be happier with this venue after my wedding. I booked them 2 years before my big day because I immediately fell in love with this venue and during those 2 years, they were always so responsive and helpful. Their venue alone is gorgeous enough to be worth every penny, but their staff are equally as amazing. I can not recommend this venue enough!! The best venue around for sure.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing venue

You definitely get what you pay for at this venue. The venue is absolutely beautiful, the workers are amazing and the barn is even better. I received multiple compliments on the food, so use the Pond View Pit Crew! I would also recommend using the vendors they provide for you. I emailed/texted/called Nick 1000000000 times before the big day and he answered every message the same day. I can't thank this venue enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams. Thank you Pond View!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding review 5/4/19

My husband and I got married here on May 4, 2019. Words can’t describe my love for Pond View Farm. What a beautiful place to get married. The staff was so friendly and amazing, the grounds are beautiful, everything went perfectly. Just like I imagined. Nic and Lindsay were the best and helped me with everything I needed. Every question I had, every concern, they got back to me with no time at all. If you are stuck between this venue and another... don’t give it a second thought. Pond View Farm is the best place for a wedding to remember, I couldn’t imagine our special day anywhere else. Thank you so much to everyone involved in making our day so special! You all are amazing.

-The Councills

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Pond View Farm 12
    Pond View Farm 13

Katie · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing experience

We got married there almost two weeks ago and we can’t say enough good things about this venue. The staff there were like family and very accommodating. They were very helpful, always there when I needed them and were honest about what looked good and their opinions on everything. We also used Lindsey for the day of coordinating and like my mom said “She was clutch”... lol. We can’t possibly explain in enough words how amazing this venue was! And at the end of the night they were so quick to help us pack everything up. Everything went on without a single hiccup. Also the food was amazing!!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Pond View Farm's reply:

You’re so incredibly kind :) we are so happy that your most special day was perfect! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your story :) we wish you nothing but the best!

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful!

Words can not possibly express how incredibly beautiful Pond View is. But the beauty of this venue is enhanced by their amazing staff. You can really tell that they do this because they love it. Everyone is so friendly, warm, and welcoming.

For those of you who have not seen this place in person, you must! The pictures are gorgeous, but seeing it with your own eyes is a whole new experience. The bridal suite is gorgeous and spacious. The downstairs has a kitchen and living room type area including a large refrigerator and plenty of counter space. There are couches for your bridesmaids to sit and hangout while waiting for their turn for hair/make up. The upstairs makes for beautiful photo opportunities of you getting dressed and pictures of your dress/shoes/jewelry. The grooms suite is connected to the bridal suite, but has doors that can be locked if you would like, but could also be opened up if you wanted.

We used Lindsay for day of coordinating and that girl runs around all day long. She works incredibly hard, and you can clearly tell she is highly experienced. The day was perfect with her help and the best decision I made was to hire her. She was there bright and early with me to set up, and she made herself available all day long for whatever I needed. I was starting to get anxious towards the end of our reception about having to pack things up, but she had already done it and I had not even noticed it was happening! Things were all ready packed back into their boxes and by the door ready to be loaded in the car. All day long she was 2 steps ahead of my thoughts and she instinctively anticipates everyone’s next move. I highly recommend her services.

We used the catering at Pond View as well and the food was so delicious. We had a lot of people tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever had. They are fairly priced and have a lot of great options. We opted to do a roasted pig and received a lot of comments about how cool it looked at our venue, and how delicious it was. They were on top of it too. Food was ready right on time, guests were served efficiently and quickly.

Lastly I have to mention Nic, and how sweet and friendly he is. He was available anytime I needed him in the months leading up to our wedding. He always promptly responded to my crazy questions about table linens, how to arrange the tables in the barn etc. He had a lot of great ideas. He is definitely one of a kind with a knack for weddings.

All in all, thank you to everyone at Pond View who made our day AMAZING! I could not have picked a better venue and staff to work with. You all did an incredible job. Thank you!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Pond View Farm 14

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

5 stars is simply not enough! I was told about this venue before we were even engaged and knew just from pictures this was the place for us! From the day we booked to the moment we got married working with Pond View was just as easy as it comes. Nick was our main point of contact shortly after Chrissy left and I am not sure how he does it, but replies back super timely and is always upbeat yet professional. I decided to use their day of planner Lindsey and she was incredible. She was so easy going and laid back I literally had no clue how she got it all done but she did. I was so worried about the possible rain and not getting married under the trees but they had a back up plan that was still just as beautiful and Nick and Lindsey assured me it would be perfect! Luckily the skies cleared and it was a glorious sunny day! They have huge industrial fans in the barn that partnered with the barn doors being opened made for the perfect cross breeze so we could all dance the night away! Their staff made it so I didn't have a worry in the world! I could go on and on about the PVF staff as they were all so friendly and helpful. This venue is just gorgeous and the owners and their team take a genuine interest in your big day. I hated saying goodbye to them! In talking to every guest they have all raved about the care that is taken to the farm and simply loved PVF and how beautiful it is. It was so nice to have the property for the entire wedding day and the new bridal suite is amazing! We had a blast getting ready and seeing guests arrive. They also set up outdoor games for your guests such as cornhole which I know many of our guests enjoyed! The food was also outstanding! Many people have told me they are still craving their pulled pork!! We were lucky and nabbed our date due to a cancellation so would suggest you grab a date while you can as this was just perfect all around. You cannot go wrong in booking this venue! Thank you PVF!!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Pond View Farm 15
    Pond View Farm 16
  • FutureMrsN14

Brittany · Married on 07/27/2018

Too Perfect!

I cannot say enough good things about this venue! The venue itself is a dream, and the bridal and groom suites are a photographers dream (mine said as much!). The staff at Pond View is so accomodating and was with me every step of the way. I cannot thank Nick enough for answering my million questions and making sure every detail was the way I wanted it! No matter what the weather, this venue has a plan in place to make your day perfect! The food is also amazing, we got so many compliments, and it is so reasonably priced! I cannot recommend this venue and staff enough :) Our day was so perfect!!! 7.27.18

The updated bridal suite, extended pavilion, and giant fans have made this already amazing venue even better!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Pond View Farm's reply:

It was truly our pleasure :) we wish you both the very best and thank you for letting us be a part of and trusting in us for your most special day!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2018

The beauty of this venue called to me, even on the rainy/cold day we first visited. It was love at first sight. All the staff and people on the farm are wonderful, friendly, and accommodating. Over the course of the year and half between the time we booked them and had our wedding, we were in contact with three people; Nick, Chrissy, and the owner. They kept us up to date with news from the venue throughout, as well as provided pictures of the venue when they did updates. The day of my wedding, Nick was there all day, making sure everything went smoothly and handling any questions from the vendors and providing us with extra items that we forgot. He had great suggestions, as well. Nick is the bomb! We used our own caterer, but they offered their catering to us. They provide clients with tastings if they wanted to try out the catering. They also offered many other vendors that have previously worked with their venue. I will always recommend them to others!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Tangie · Married on 05/26/2018

The Crew at Pond View Farm really went out of their way to make sure all the details were perfect for my daughter’s wedding. They were professional, timely and extremely helpful with the planning and execution of the big day. If you’re looking for a rustic wedding venue and excellent food, look no further.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you fo the kind words! We were so happy to be a part of the big day :)

Jenna · Married on 04/21/2018

We had our wedding at Pond View Farm in April and it was absolutely perfect. We fell in love with the venue from the start. The venue is just so beautiful and perfect for that rustic, yet elegant and relaxed atmosphere. The owners (Shane and Jackie) and the staff are very accommodating and answered every email I sent them (and I sent a lot haha). Pond View Farm is great for those who want to have flexibility with their wedding as there are no strict rules and everyone there wants you to have the best day ever. Lindsey, the day of coordinator was so helpful prior to and that day with setting up the decor and organizing everything with the vendors, guests and ceremony. Not only that, but the catering was phenomenal. All the guests were raving about the food (mac and cheese was a big hit). They also keep improving the grounds as they have new bridal and groom suites which are so pretty! The pavilion was also just updated and looks fantastic. I highly recommend this place to have your wedding and they book up fast because they are that amazing so keep that in mind when visiting venues. Thank you Pond View Farm for making our big day so special!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/20/2018

My husband and I had the most amazing experience with this venue. From the moment we first visited the venue - throughout the entire year and a half of planning - to our big day everything was perfect. We enjoyed working with Nick, Chrissy, Lindsey and Shane. The staff was very attentive and communicative. I would recommend this venue to any bride and groom looking for a rustic wedding with a lot of natural scenery. We chose to go with Pond View Farm Catering and everything was delicious. We even opted to get the pig as well. Our guests loved all of the food options and the buffet style. We really appreciated the recommended vendor lists provided by the venue. It helped a lot in our wedding planning. There wedding planner, Lindsey Sommer, made everything run smoothly. She was right there every moment we needed anything which helped to get our stress level down. I would recommend visiting them as soon as you get engaged. They book up fast!

I've provided the rental cost of the venue but did not include the cost of catering and the wedding planner.

Sent on 04/26/2018
    Pond View Farm 22
    Pond View Farm 23
    Pond View Farm 24

Tiffany · Married on 04/12/2018

Thank You Pond View! It was perfect! Best day off my life!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you so much we were so happy to be a part of your most special day! Best wishes!

Brittany · Married on 09/15/2017

Pond View Farm was such a stunning wedding venue. We had a Friday wedding there and it was absolutely perfect! Staff is readily available for you if you need anything. Shane was fantastic for setting up the barn and ceremony by the pond! So very helpful! We were a Friday wedding so we were able to decorate the day before which saved so much stress that day. Chrissy was awesome to work with. Very quick to respond and works with you through it all! We couldn't have asked for a better place to start our forever at!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

Lindsay · Married on 08/18/2017

A gorgeous venue, great food, atmosphere, professionalism, and responsiveness. All of our guest LOVED the venue and so did we!!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/28/2017

When we woke up the day of our wedding it was 100% chance of rain. Of course we stressed out about it, but when we arrived to Pond View we realized how beautiful the barn was. Even though our idea of an outdoor service was not in the picture anymore, we could not be happier with how the pictures turned out inside the barn! The staff at Pond View was also extremely nice and helpful whenever we had questions. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review Caitlin and for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Best wishes to you!

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2017

OMG!!! I don't have enough good things to say about Jackie and Shane and their gorgeous venue!! They were so welcoming and had answers for all my questions and always responded to my emails quickly and hey both always had a smile on their face! It had been raining all day long on and off and our ceremony was supposed to be at 4:30.... Shane came up to me at 4:05 and asked me what the plan was, so we looked at the weather realized there was going to a break and they set the chairs up and had the most gorgeous and perfect ceremony. It was slightly nerve racking all day long but to be perfectly honest, Plan B (under the Pavilion) and Plan C (in the barn) were both amazing options as well. If you want a rustic barn wedding with an amazing view with little to no worries..... Choose Pond View Farm!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thanks Nicole for the awesome review and for being so great to work with!! Best wishes and congratulations to you both!!

Jesse · Married on 07/14/2017

Probably not getting too many grooms on here who review things but I just had to since they did such exceptional work. Shane and Jackie are amazing and my favorite thing about this venue and them is that they continually want to make the place and experience better. I love that they finished the bathrooms inside the barn and the groomsmen suite and everything about the place is awesome. Me and my groomsmen had a great time in the groomsman suite and wish we could have gone outside to play cornhole/roam the grounds a bit before the ceremony but the weather didn't cooperate. It was thunderstorming most of the afternoon that we weren't sure if we were going to be able to have it outside under the beautiful trees. Shane came up to me at around 3 and tried to get an idea of what I was thinking to which i responded with the classic "I don't know check with her" HA. Our officiant showed up around 4pm and asked the same thing and I said we are probably going to be under the pavilion and as I'm saying this to him, I see Shane wheeling out the chairs to set up on the lawn. They set it up so fast which was awesome. We were able to get married under the trees and arch, and as we said our vows, guests commented later that the sun started shining. I can't thank you guys enough, this place was seriously everything and more that we wanted in our wedding. Our guests didn't stop commenting on how beautiful the place was and how great the food was. Would definitely recommend.

PS Book early because they fill up fast, and for good reason! Friday wedding dates here are so much easier because you can set up on thursday before your rehearsal.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you for your awesome review and taking time to write such kind words. We are so glad you got to have your ceremony outside :) You, Nicole and your families were so great to work with. Best wishes to you guys!
  • SoonToBeMrs.M

Laura · Married on 06/02/2017

Absolutely gorgeous venue! My guests keep commenting on how beautiful it was. Gorgeous and spacious bridal suite! The staff there are very helpful. They answered all of many questions along the way.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you for your kind review!

Patrick · Married on 04/28/2017

What a wonderful day! Pond view farm is a beautiful place for a wedding. We were extremely pleased with both the staff's professionalism and flexibility.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!

Brenna · Married on 04/15/2017

Pond View Farm is an amazing venue -- it is both incredibly beautiful and the people who own and operate the venue are as friendly and responsive as they can possibly be. Because it is family-owned and operated, interactions are more personal than a more corporate venue. PVF's on-site, day-of coordinator, Lindsey Sommer, was also fantastically helpful the day of the wedding. I don't know how she managed to do so much in a few hours but she made sure that the venue was set up exactly as I requested, set up the escort card table, managed all of our vendors, made sure I was doing ok all day, and did a million other things that I don't even know about. Everyone kept commenting on how great she was. We were so happy with every aspect of our wedding day at Pond View Farm and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you! We enjoyed working with you and AJ as well. Best wishes to you two for many years to come!

Kimberly · Married on 10/16/2016

My husband and I got married there in October. We absolutely loved the venue and the staff there.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Pond View Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Kimberly!! Best wishes in the New Year!

Stephanie · Married on 10/15/2016

Pond View Farm is an absolutely amazing location for any wedding or event. The grounds, house, and barn are gorgeous! When searching for a location for our reception, we looked at several farms in the area and fell in love with Pond View Farm. It is family owned and run, they do an excellent job of keeping up with the property! You will not want to leave! The barn is new and freshly painted, it speaks for itself but also is a clean slate for any style of wedding. They recently added more bathrooms in the barn making it able to accommodate all of your guests, we fit 200 guests comfortably inside the barn! The pavilion off the barn is perfect for cocktail hour and mingling. The grounds are beautiful for pictures, we were so happy with everything! The family members all work together to make every event run smoothly and perfectly. We also went with Pond View’s catering team, everyone loved the food, it was delicious! Pond view catering helped serve our desserts, set up the tables and clean up. We are still getting so many compliments to this day from the reception regarding the location, food and evening! We also worked with the event coordinator, which I would highly suggest to any bride, it is much needed, Lindsey and she was wonderful! She worked with all of our vendors that day, coordinated the flow of everything and helped us set up. Lindsey was awesome! We were able to show a video of our destination ceremony on the barn wall and it was a hit with all of our family and friends. Everyone was so pleased we were able to do that. I would highly recommend Pond View Farm, the catering staff and the event coordinator for your special event. They do an amazing job and it will be a day to remember!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Pond View Farm's reply:

Wow... thank you so much for your review, we are so honored you chose us to be part of your special day!! Best wishes in the New Year!!