Pond House Cafe Reviews

41 Reviews for Pond House Cafe

• Sam

Sam A. · Married on 03/20/2021

Best day of our lives!!

All thanks to the Pond House and their amazing team for making our wedding out of this world perfect in a less than perfect covid time. Stephanie was our coordinator and I just loved her! She was so personable and easy to reach, ask questions to and so reliable the day of. I would never ever regret working with the pond house in our day. The food was so amazing! They even helped make a special meal for my mom who has a very picky taste. Thank you thank you thank you- Kyle and I are forever grateful for the amazing memories, full stomachs, laughs and picture perfect pristine venue.

Love the Calhoon’s ❤️

Sent on 04/03/2021
  • Stephanie

Stephanie L. · Married on 12/31/2020

The best wedding venue

I can’t say enough about the Pond House. The food is amazing, the venue is gorgeous and they have been more than accommodating while we were planning our wedding especially during covid. The wedding planner, Stephanie, is great, so helpful and very attentive. Diana and all of the staff have been so amazing and kind to us. We couldn’t have picked a better venue and are so happy to say we had the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 01/17/2021

Ashley M. · Married on 10/24/2020

Beyond Our Expectations

How do I give ten stars? The Pond House hosted both our ceremony and reception, and it was the most wonderful experience. The pictures of this venue speaks for itself -absolutely stunning. The food from the venue was also incredible, we received so many compliments from our guests about their meals.

The entire day was well organized and absolutely beautiful, but one of the best things about The Pond House was how great they were during the planning process. Planning a wedding during COVID was so challenging, and Stephanie helped us through every single step. We had to significantly change the size of our invite list, and at one point had planned to move everything onto the patio due to COVID restrictions. Stephanie was a calming presence, and was always very accommodating and flexible. Thankfully the big day ended up being everything we had envisioned and more.

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 01/18/2020

I wish I could have 100 weddings at the Pond House!

Our winter wedding at the Pond House Café exceeded all of our dreams for the big day! Stephanie, our assigned coordinator, was so friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. She was very organized and great with communication – there wasn’t a second leading up to or during the wedding that we were worried about a thing. We had the ceremony in front of the fire place, which allowed us to flow seamlessly from ceremony to the reception, which was very convenient. Excellent food was our #1 priority when wedding planning, which made going with the Pond House a no-brainer. There are so many great menu options that allow you to break the mold of traditional wedding food. Everything we tried at the open house, tastings, and on our wedding day was incredible. All of our guests raved about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was! The room set up with all of the trees and winter décor was so beautiful and beyond anything we could have dreamed up. We were in awe at the beauty of the room - it was a magical winter wonderland for our perfect day.

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • Ashlee

Ashlee · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Wedding Day!

We are thrilled with our wedding at Pond House! I actually found them right here on Wedding Wire searching around. We initially wanted the rustic barn style wedding, but after researching more, I realized we needed something a bit more hands off. I loved the look of Pond House. It is so romantic, and the main room is so stunning when you walk in. (I'm a sucker for high ceilings.)

We set our first appointment for the walkthrough with Diana. We then sat down next door for lunch, and tired a few different items to get an idea of the food. Although we had another meeting at another venue booked later that week, I cancelled it, and we booked with PH about 1 1/2 years before the wedding day.

I encourage you to go to any open houses or tastings they hold. We were able to try apps and the cakes at 1 event. (Donna's cakes are to die for!- See that review as well!) We also had a great time at the food tasting. I'm a HUGE foodie, so that is another reason why PH was a great fit. A few of mine and our guests favorites: Apps: Mini Chicken and Waffle. Thai Chicken Skewer. Smoked Salmon on a Potato pancake. The star of dinner with the Moroccan chicken. Everyone was raving! (and that is something we would have never picked unless we went to the tasting!)

The night flew by!!! My advice would be to stop and take it all in. We did head inside about a half hour before the ceremony started and was able to see the room set up. It is decorated so beautifully. All we had to bring in was the florals, the favors, and extra things like the seating chart, guest book, and some photos of family members.

Throughout the process we worked with Brittany. She was great with keeping us organized, and answering any questions we had! I'm secretly hoping someone I know has a wedding here, so I can also experience it as a guest! Thank you Pond House!!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Sam

Sam A. · Married on 09/14/2019

Gorgeous venue with wonderful staff. AND THE FOOD!

My wife(!) and I couldn’t have been happier with the pond house cafe for our wedding. Its gorgeous, with the great hall and it’s wall to ceiling windows overlooking the water.

But, for us, it was the staff that made the venue shine. Brittany Philips was our rock!! She was cool and collected on a notoriously chaotic day. She took the rain in stride, moving our ceremony inside. She sent a stream of appetizers to our table, making sure we ate. And apparently she added a guest-needed table for us halfway through dinner. I was never bothered, her and the staff just figured it out 🤷‍♂️👍

And the food was flawless, too. Everyone was raving about it afterwards. So happy :)

Thanks for a wonderful night!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Sarah · Married on 12/29/2018

Love this place!

Loved the Christmas trees/ decorations here! They were so beautiful and a great background for photos. I had my ceremony and reception at the pond house. The ceremony was a little tight because we had 120 people and there were only 30 chairs, but it was short so didn't really matter. The reception was amazing, I loved all of the natural light that came in from the big windows. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious (the servers kept coming back to me and making sure I had enough to eat!). I especially recommend the lamb.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2018

The Pond House Café was our first and only choice for our wedding venue. We initially met with Diana and she sold us right away on the all-inclusive aspects of the venue, the cost of which was priced very fair for our 100 guest wedding. We decided to have the ceremony on the adjoining terrace and it is a lovely setting, especially in spring and summer with the gardens and the pond in full view. Another plus is that if it rains and you planned for a terrace ceremony, it is very easy to move the whole thing inside in front of the gorgeous fireplace (luckily we had fantastic weather). The venue really maintains their property inside and out, which was a huge plus for me because I was not big on decorating the space and I didn’t need to at all! There were flowers and décor already in place and it all looked fantastic on our late-April Saturday daytime wedding. Erin was our coordinator leading up to the big day, and she was incredibly accommodating, responsive and helpful as we planned all the details together. My husband and I were able to come in several times to meet with Erin, and sample the food we were going to serve (which is wonderful! I highly recommend dining at the attached restaurant if you want an idea of the food quality). We met another coordinator, Cindy, for our rehearsal and reception, and she was great with rallying everyone and keeping the bridal party and guests happy during the reception. Erin was also great with making sure my husband and I got a chance to eat during the reception (thank you for that, it is easy to forget you’re also there to enjoy the meal when you’re the bride and groom!). I also appreciated that she also made sure my guests with food restrictions were taken care of. Erin and Cindy handled all the notes I had about the placement of my own décor and props perfectly. I highly recommend the Pond House for your wedding or other special event, you will not be disappointed with the quality of service given to you on your special day.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/22/2017

There are not enough positive words to say about the pond house. Diana is an angel and helped us tremendously with vendors and helping keep us in budget. They day before the wedding Andrea (our amazing coordinator) surprised me and told me she was moving our ceremony outside for no extra charge!!!! The day of was absolutely beautiful and any wish we had was their command. They even made my son a special meal he didn’t order and wasn’t on the menu. I’d tell anyone to hand their special events there.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Andrea · Married on 07/21/2017

I was so impressed with the Pond House! I had a vision for what I wanted and they really exceeded my expectations! When I walked into the room for our reception everything looked exactly as I hoped! The staff was super responsive and friendly, and they were always willing to discuss details over the phone, by email, or in person. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful the venue was! It is naturally beautiful so all you need to do is add your personal touches. I would definitely recommend the Pond House to future brides!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Kellina · Married on 07/14/2017

Andrea and the team at the Pond House made our wedding absolutely perfect! When we found out it was going to rain on our day Andrea reassured me of a backup plan and walked us through it so it was perfect. The absolute BEST wedding experience ever! Also the food is unbeatable. We got so many compliments on the food and the beauty of the hall. 100% would recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Jenelle · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I just recently had our ceremony and reception at the Pond House. Everyone said planning a wedding could be dreadful but I have to say this was an amazing experience. Diana and Susan were the 2 women I worked with and I can’t even tell you how easy they made this whole process. They were professional, sweet and caring the whole time. Our wedding was a Christmas themed wedding the decor and the space was stunning. The food was phenomenal as all of our guests are still telling us how good it was. The staff (servers, bartenders etc.) was fantastic and as nice as could be. I can’t say one bad thing about the evening or the whole planning experience because they truly are an amazing group to work with. If I could get married 20 more times (all to the same husband of course) I would do it again and again at The Pond House!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Heather · Married on 11/28/2015

The Pond House provided my husband and I and all our guests with the most beautiful reception. The room was decorated like a winter wonderland and it was so warm and cozy with the fire place running all night. What a nice touch! Andrea and her staff did a wonderful job of executing cocktail and dinner service with no flaws. The bartenders were great and all our guests had an amazing time! The food was delicious and the staff was so accommodating and friendly. It was such a pleasure working with Andrea throughout the planning process and she was so helpful and professional. Thank you Pond House for providing my husband and I with a night we will never forget!

Sent on 01/26/2016

I recently had my wedding reception at the Pond House Café and it was everything that I hoped it would be and more! After a beautiful ceremony in Elizabeth Park, my guests were greeted by the friendly staff as they transitioned to the outdoor Terrace for a cocktail hour which included butler served, delicious appetizers and drinks!! Soon after my groom and I arrived from taking pictures in the park, I checked in to peek at the Garden Reception Room and was thrilled to see that every detail of my design for my wedding reception had been executed as requested! Andrea was a pleasure to work with and demonstrated professionalism even under the pressure of setting up all of my decorations that I provided including linens, desserts, chargers, napkin holders, votives, etc. My guests raved about how beautiful everything looked and reported that the food was amazing! The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend the Pond House for those brides seeking a unique, intimate and beautiful venue for their wedding reception!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

The pond house is a beautiful place to have any type of ceremony but a wedding is sure to impress guests. All comments I got from friends and family were positive. The food is the highlight. The ceremony area makes for beautiful pictures. The amount of light and decoration makes you need less of extras. The help throughout the process makes everything go smooth. The dance floor was great. Overall an amazing experience.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Great team of professional women! Very responsive, honest, and helpful!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Susan · Married on 08/09/2014

The Pond House was the perfect venue for my wedding... you get the beauty of Elizabeth Park and a unique setting that is not just a hotel ballroom. They even have a new outdoor patio area where we had our cocktail hour that is gorgeous! Beyond the space, my coordinator Susan was amazing. She was so patient as I changed my final count and tweaked food choices what felt like a billion times in the weeks before the wedding. On the day of she helped execute all the details I had worked so hard on flawlessly. Oh and the food was so good... the appetizers were a hit with all the guests (tempura asparagus and potato bar amongst others!) and we loved the buffet. They even provided me my own plate of gnocchi since I don't eat meat. I cannot say enough about everyone at the Pond House, they made our reception great!

Sent on 08/28/2014
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/27/2014

We just had our wedding at Pond House Cafe on June 27th and we were amazed with the venue! Susan was our wedding cordinator at the Pond House and she was awesome to work with and very reassuring, which was helpful with planning our CT wedding from SC! She made sure that everything was set before the big day and she was there the entire night of our wedding making sure everything went as planned! They made sure all of our little details were perfect for when all of our guests arrived and the space was beautiful as always! I would highly recommend Pond House Cafe for any event!

Sent on 08/01/2014

My husband and I flew from Las Vegas to CT just to have our wedding at The Pond House. The setting is gorgeous- the room is perched in the middle of historic Elizabeth Park which is a 125 year old rose garden with a beautiful gazebo on a picturesque pond. Make sure you get photo permission from the Town of West Hartford so you can take pictures everywhere and anywhere you please! The building has huge windows look out over the property. Diana and Susan worked in tandem during contract and food decisions and were extremely well informed. Susan was our actual planner, and she did everything we wanted. She made things happen easily and was always there when we needed to talk and was by our sides for most of our event. Our cake was included in our package- and Donna from Creative Cakes by Donna literally created our cake from a pictures we gave her. Incredible! It's not easy planning a wedding from across the country. But this team made it so. The chef is INCREDIBLE. Louis is extremely talented. He did a tasting "on the fly" for us right before Easter this past year- he was preparing for the biggest brunch of the year as he was sending out plates for us to taste. The whole staff is incredibly accommodating from beginning to end. and it was all incredible. I worked in the restaurant industry for almost 20 years. This man is brilliant. Go for lunch or brunch and check it out. You're just silly if you don't at least visit this venue. The service, the food, the package deals are all generous and delicious. Look at the pictures and menus on the website. The pictures are beautiful- but even they don't do the place justice.

Sent on 11/14/2013

My husband and I got married in October 26, 2012. We had always liked the Pond House because we would go for brunch on Sundays. I worked with Susan for part of the time but the Diana took over the rest of the planning for our wedding. I couldn't have been happier with the way things turned out. I loved the venue because it's not your traditional banquet hall. They had decorated it so beautifully and my family and friends are still talking about how wonderful the reception was. Diana was awesome to work with! She's got a great personality and is organized and easy to work with. Planning a wedding from Texas was difficult but she really put my mind at ease. The cost was reasonable, the food was delicious! The day turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Diana made everything run smoothly and it made our special day that much more wonderful!

Sent on 06/13/2013

We almost didn't work with Pond House because of our first encounters with Lisa. Long story short--don't work with her--go straight to Susan and you can't go wrong. Susan convinced us to give them a chance and they were the best possible venue for us. Susan is fantastic, relaxed, highly competent and remained that way until the very last detail was done. We were also extremely impressed with the chef and kitchen. They designed an entire vegetarian (and some vegan plates) buffet from some suggestions we offered about favorite ingredients and dishes we'd had at a vegetarian restaurant. The chef went above and beyond in creating little masterpieces. The food was so good, we still think about it! Even our meat-loving guests were raving about how delicious everything was. The decor was elegant and beautiful; including the hand-built bar. The bartender got rave reviews from our guests too. Everything was perfect; we're glad we gave them a chance. Totally recommend!!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Britney · Married on 12/17/2008

This was the absolute perfect venue for my formal and elegant wedding! The hall was decorated to the nines for Christmas, it was perfect for a winter wedding! The food was delicious and the staff was helpful!

Sent on 06/27/2009

Sarah · Married on 08/16/2008

My husband and I were very impressed with The Pond House as the venue for our wedding reception. The building is beautiful and unique, with various gardens surrounding the building. The food was amazing and was very reasonably priced. This is the type of place that allows you to have something more than the usual "banquet" style wedding reception. Although our wedding took place in the perennial garden in Elizabeth Park, The Pond House would have accommodated the wedding in the reception room if it had rained, which took a lot of stress off of us as we planned and watched the weather leading up to the wedding.
    We recommend this as an option to anyone!

Sent on 11/16/2008

Suzanne · Married on 06/28/2009

We had a brunch reception and the food was amazing. We had many special requests and they were very flexible in getting exactly what we wanted. I would recommend them highly and really do consider a brunch reception. The food was AMAZING!

Sent on 07/07/2009
  • Nicole

Nicole R. · Married on 08/15/2020

So accommodating!

The Pond House was our dream venue! Not only is it gorgeous, but the food is delicious and the staff is truly wonderful. We planned our day with a ceremony and reception at the venue, only to have COVID drastically change our plans. Ultimately we had our ceremony just as we planned it, but on a backup date. Stephanie was so helpful and accommodating with our many changed plans and was quick to respond to all our questions and concerns. I wish we could have had all our guests enjoy the reception & food we had planned!

Sent on 10/06/2020