Pollen and Pastry Reviews

27 | Bloomington, IL

27 Reviews for Pollen and Pastry

• Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 09/19/2019

Amazing style and DELICIOUS desserts!

We chose Pollen and Pastry to design flowers and make desserts for our upcoming wedding. It was obvious during our consultation that Candice has amazing style and her floral arrangements are beautiful. And when we tasted her delicious desserts, that was it- we hired her for both! I’ll update this review with details after our fall 2019 wedding!

Sent on 12/22/2018
  • Maura

Maura S. · Married on 09/14/2019

An Unrivaled Wedding Florist/Baker!

Candice is nothing short of extraordinary. She was our florist and made/decorated our wedding cake and made the whole process seamless. We hired her 9 months prior to the wedding and she was involved and available to us from the moment we had our first meeting. As a couple planning a wedding in Bloomington from the East coast, Candice was a perfect vendor choice. She even sent us a care package to encourage us to enjoy our engagement and not get caught up in the “wedding-planning.” On top of encouraging my fiancé and I, Candice partnered with my Mom to execute a very nuanced and unique design for the reception. Over the course of multiple months, they implemented a vision that made our wedding a complete fairytale. Her arrangements were simply exquisite. We had multiple unique arrangements – bouquets, flower crowns, ceremony vases, centerpieces with different styles for each reception table, and greenery that draped along the Ewing Manor balcony. Each one was a work of artistic mastery. And the cake! Holy cow – it was elegant and super delicious. All said, I would recommend Candice a thousand times over.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent Flavor

We didn't get flowers from here, we just got our cake and cupcakes, and they were delicious! We had so many different flavors and options to choose from, making it hard to narrow flavors down (which we ended up ordering 240 mini cupcakes in 8 different flavors). She was always willing to give us a sample of a flavor we wanted to try at no charge. She was very easy to work with and responded fairly quickly with any questions we had.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 07/05/2019

Talented - So Impressed!

We hired Candice as both our baker and florist for our wedding this past July. I cannot recommend her enough. Not only did I completely change the game plan a few weeks before the wedding, but I also had an outdoor wedding on a hot, raining July day. Candice had everything beautifully set up before our wedding and then a huge storm came and blew everything over. She stayed, worked her butt off behind the scenes to get everything perfect AGAIN. The flowers were beyond gorgeous, the desserts were delicious and the guests were none the wiser. THANK YOU, CANDICE!!!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2018

Candice was amazing! We had her do all of our flowers, cake and dessert table! She was amazing! Her responsiveness we wonderful! She was flexible and super easy to work with! We were very happy! We had a large wedding and wanted a lot of great flowers! She was perfect! We have Candice again! She is very talented!! Keep in mind-we had 25 centerpieces, flowers at church and cake and dessert for 275! Bouquets and flowers for a large wedding party. Candice will work with your budget!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Pollen and Pastry's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin! I absolutely loved working with your family! It was such a pleasure!

Brigette · Married on 08/18/2018

Had a small 3 tier cake for us and wedding party. Guests enjoyed and loved the mini cupcakes and cheesecakes. All was delicious and still talked about a week after the wedding!!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Pollen and Pastry's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review Brigette! It was so great working with you!

Ashlee · Married on 03/24/2018

Candice is amazing! 30 of my wedding guests backed out the day of my wedding due to a huge blizzard that swept through Champaign, but Candice still made the delivery for my tiny 6 inch cake and cake stand. The cake was beautiful as ever and tasted delicious. I wish we would have had the money to use her for florals because her work is phenomenal. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Pollen and Pastry's reply:

Thank you so much Ashlee!!

Jenny · Married on 11/04/2017

Candice at Pollen and Pastry is absolutely amazing. She went above and beyond for our wedding in November: from creating a beautiful cascading bouquet for me, to covering a huge master staircase with beautiful greenery, to decorating all the mantles in our venue with flowers, greenery, and candles, I was completely and utterly blown away. When we met to discuss my "vision" for the day, I had no idea she would execute it so perfectly. She also did all of the centerpieces for our tables, which was something I was super overwhelmed about (so many choices!) They came out beautifully and all of our guests were commenting on how perfect they looked.

When they opened the doors for me to walk down the aisle, the first thing I saw (besides my future husband and all my friends and loved ones, of course) was the gorgeous mantle she had covered with just the most beautiful flowers and lush greenery I'd ever seen. It was even better than all the photos I had pinned on Pinterest, and I almost burst into tears right there. (Luckily, I managed to keep it together right up until my vows.) I would 100% recommend her to anyone who needs floral (or baking!) services. She's a wonderful person, great friend, and incredible at what she does. She's got great taste and will take whatever you think you want for your wedding and make it even better.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Pollen and Pastry's reply:

You are too sweet Jenny! Thank you so much for the kind review! I absolutely loved working with you!

Erica · Married on 10/21/2017

Candice created a beautiful dessert table at our wedding reception. We wanted to have a Cubs/Cardinals Baseball theme and she did amazing adding such great details to our reception. And the best part is the desserts were DELICIOUS!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Allison · Married on 10/14/2017

We used Candice for our cake and dessert table and everything was amazing. We were able to do 8 different fun cupcake flavors that everyone loved. We did a small, two-tiered cake that we could cut and rented a cake stand from her as well and it looked stunning. It was a nice change from just traditional wedding cake, and with all her flavor options we were able to choose cupcakes that fell into our fall theme like smores, pumpkin cheesecake, etc. She really helped make our wedding special.

Sent on 10/16/2017
  • Mrs. Koalajetski

Toryn · Married on 05/27/2017

Candice not only did the florals and some desserts for my bridal shower but she did the centerpieces, corsages and my bouquet for my wedding. Everything she touched was absolute gold and as perfect as I envisioned.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2016

Candice is wonderful to work with! She was so flexible to the changes that occurred during our wedding planning. I had a vision and she made it happen 100% without hesitation.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Pollen and Pastry's reply:

Thank you so much Samantha! It was such a pleasure doing your wedding!

Rheannon · Married on 08/29/2015

CM Cakes and Flowers was the best choice I made for my wedding! Candice is super sweet and did an amazing job! The flowers were my favorite part of the whole wedding. I would recommend her to anyone in the Dixon area in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Pollen and Pastry's reply:

Thank you so much Rheannon! Grateful we were able to be a part of your special day!

Rachel · Married on 06/20/2015

I went to Candice with a very general idea for our wedding party flowers. I didn't give her much for ideas to work with, but she was so creative and knowledgeable. All of our flowers were ten times more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!
    I also had Candice make our cake and cupcakes. She has so many different combinations of cupcakes, and made 6 different kinds for us! They were ALL amazing - moist cake and delicious fillings.
    Candice was very organized and kept in touch throughout the planning process. She was very easy to work with and get a hold of. The day of she delivered almost 300 cupcakes, a cake, and about 30 different flower decorations without anyone even noticing besides when she stopped in to say congratulations. I would recommend her to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Candice was awesome to work with! She did a great job accommodating a change a few weeks before the wedding and the bouquets and corsages were all beautiful and at an affordable price.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/03/2014

Prompt responses, reasonable prices, creative, beautiful displays and overall pleasure to work with. Absolutely recommended!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Hannah · Married on 05/11/2013

Our flowers were gorgeous ALL day long! Candice knew exactly the look and feel we were going for and she pulled it off amazingly and in perfect time! We definitely recommend her!

Sent on 06/19/2013
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 08/03/2012

I can not give a high enough review for Candice. I found Candice after interviewing and speaking with many florists in the Quad City, Iowa area. I was extremely discouraged, not finding anyone who I felt could create my vision. Being a designer myself, I was extremely picky and specific and even considered creating the flowers myself because I could not find anyone I trusted enough. Candice was amazing. I first found her because of a peacock wedding she had done previously, and I was also having a peacock themed wedding. I also loved that she used unusual flowers and not the same flowers everyone else was using. We had a 1 hour consultation via phone, as I did not live in the area and a few days later, I had a great proposal from her with images of all the flowers she planned to use for each arrangement. This was great to have as it helped us discuss and make any changes. Candice created my bouquets and boutineers, garland for my staircase, 12 very large centerpieces, flowers for my cake and sweetheart table, and for the escort table. This was no easy task, especially for her driving 3 hours to my reception site, but she pulled it off beautifully. She even sent a wrist corsage to my husband's grandmother who couldnt be with us, in Boston. When she delivered my bouquet the morning of the wedding, I cried it was so beautiful. Candice is amazing to work with. You willl love her designs and working with her!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Caitlin · Married on 03/31/2012

Candice is a great person to work with. She helped me tremendously on flowers fitting my price range. All the flowers turned out great and still look great today around our house!

Sent on 04/05/2012

Alyssa · Married on 01/13/2012

Cakes and Flowers are beautiful! Super Sweet and Hardworking, Willing to go the extra mile to make you smile!! Great taste when it comes to all things wedding!!! DEF recommend!! loved her!!!!!

Sent on 02/11/2012

Jessa · Married on 11/05/2011

Candice worked hard to find exactly what I wanted. I gave her pictures and would consider myself a little bit picky on a few things that I was particular about, and she not only wow'ed me but so many of my wedding guests made comments on how beautiful the bouquets were. With fall season comes an increased difficulty to find fresh blooms, and she went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I asked for. She is extremely responsive, receptive, and prompt!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Heidi · Married on 10/08/2011

Words can only begin to describe how amazing working with Candice was! The flowers were stunning! We had so many comments on not only how amazing our cakes looked but also how great they tasted! I would recommend her over and over again. Candice and I were great friends when we were younger, but even if we hadn't been she exudes friendliness and professionalism. I wish her many more happy weddings and hope everyone reading this allows her to participate in your wedding, you will not regret it!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Lindsey · Married on 09/24/2011

Candice Miller was awesome all throughout my wedding flower planning process. She was always very quick to respond to my emails and make any changes that I needed. We had an initial planning meeting where we discussed what my ideas were, I showed her pictures of other flowers that I liked and I gave her information on all the flowers that I thought I would need. Then she created a proposal with pictures of the flowers that she would use including pricing information. On the big day, she delivered the flowers to the church on time and they looked just like we had discussed. All of the flowers held up well all day long and I got lots of compliments on them. I would definitely recommend working with Candace Miller for your wedding flowers-she is awesome!

Sent on 11/04/2011

Jenna · Married on 08/13/2011

Candice was amazing to work with. For our first meeting, she came prepared with so many ideas and suggestions I was blown away. After I left the meeting I was so excited about my flowers for my wedding. She was very easy to work with and really listened to what I wanted.. She was very responsive with emails and phone calls. I would definitely use CM Cakes and Flowers again for future events and would recommend to a friend.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2011

Candice made our wedding cake. She was amazing! I had an idea of what I wanted, and she was very willing to make suggestions and give me examples of new things she had seen and been working on. The price was very reasonable, Candice was professional, and very easy to work with! I would not hesitate recommending her services and would use her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/25/2011