Polar Square Designs Reviews

Polar Square Designs 3
Polar Square Designs 4
Polar Square Designs 5

Sara Beach · Married on 11/21/2018

Kate has my highest recommendation!

Our wedding photos exceeded my wildest expectations. They are fresh and dynamic but also timeless and elegant -- I am in love! Kate was a total professional: friendly, thoughtful, responsive, and flexible. She put everyone at ease. Her eye for lighting and composition is amazing, and the little moments that she captured (smiles, tears, laughs) are ones that I will treasure forever.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

Kate is absolutely amazing! From the beginning, I knew Kate would make our wedding day picture perfect and stress free. The day of our engagement session it was rainy and cold, but Kate was still willing to photograph us even when it meant getting wet! We had a blast finding different locations throughout the Rodger Williams Park to take pictures. Even though we ended up very wet and my hair was a mess, the picture still came out beautiful! Kate was so quick to edit and send us the pictures as well. The day of the wedding, Kate was right on-time to our hotel and patiently waited for me to return from the hair salon as we were running a little behind. She assured me that everything would be fine and not to feel rushed. Kate helped the day go smoothly and put my mind at ease. From getting ready at the hotel, to family pictures at the church and group shots during cocktail hour, Kate was there to help every step of the way. Kate sure does have an eye for picking out great picture locations; she even spent time climbing up rocks to get better shots of us out on the golf course during our cocktail hour. Our wedding photos came out amazing, and we owe that all to Kate!

We had a second shooter as well, Elise, who was also amazing! Elise spent time before the ceremony with the groom and groomsmen taking “getting ready” photos and group pictures of the men. During cocktail hour, Elise helped coordinating everyone for group pictures, taking pictures of guest at cocktail hour, and spent time taking detail picture of the reception area.

If you are looking for a photographer for ANY life events, I would highly recommend checking out Polar Square Designs and choosing Kate for all your photography needs!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Nathan · Married on 10/07/2017

If you would like an amazing photographer for your wedding, please look no further. We had Kate from Polar Square Designs come up to Maine to do our wedding and it was the right decision through and through. I wouldn’t classify us as a stand couple or people into the regular romantic poses and Kate had no problem working with us to help determine what photographs and images we wanted to capture and how she could make it possible. She first took the time to meet with my wife and I well over a year ahead of the wedding to help walk us through her abilities and show us what she can do. She stayed in regular communication over the next year helping us mentally walk through what we really wanted and what would make this day special for us. As it got closer to the wedding she had a great form that we were able to fill out that captured all of the needed details so that she would have everything she would need to line up a great wedding shoot. She went through the form step by step and allowed us to go back and forth with questions and comments until we were 100% all set and confident that the game plan was as we would like.
    On the day of the wedding Kate and her team were incredibly professional and took care of everything we could imagine. She worked with the families, friends, (even dogs), to help get the right shots to capture our memories. She was so pleasant and nice, all while having to direct herds of people around. A task that we would have easily gotten annoyed at and they were our family. She had the perfect way of being able to connect with the audience that she was working with and get everyone on the same page so that no one shot was dragged out and you felt like you had been waiting for hours.

I would highly recommend you call Kate and talk with her. You will be just as impressed as I was and I fully believe you won’t find someone who wants what you want more than her.

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Polar Square Designs 6
    Polar Square Designs 7
    Polar Square Designs 8
    Polar Square Designs 9
    Polar Square Designs 10

Christine · Married on 08/04/2017

We had a small ceremony at the Cambridge city hall. Kate took candid, intimate, traditional and creative photos. We took advantage of the old buildings charm, the church steps across the street and the ivy on the trees. Every picture is beautiful; I want to frame each one!! I would definitely recommend Kate!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Ashton · Married on 03/11/2017

Kate Taylor is beyond a doubt an incredible photographer to work with. The first time we met Kate, we knew she'd be the perfect person to work with for our engagement photos and wedding. She was open to our idea of doing engagement photos at Roger Williams Zoo, and was enthusiastic to photograph our wedding at Mystic Aquarium. Kate was easy to communicate with throughout the whole process, and had a comprehensive questionnaire for us to fill out regarding the wedding. Kate thought of details we'd never even considered, but that were very important. When the second shooter she had arranged had an emergency come up, Kate found a replacement (who was amazing!) right away, and didn't tell us until the situation was already resolved. During group photos, Kate gave clear and concise directions that helped our large wedding party move quickly through the list of shots we wanted. She even shot outside with us in freezing cold temperatures to get pictures with the belugas. We received our wedding photos in a lightning quick time frame, and, they are spectacular. Kate captured everything from the DIY details that were important to me to the ceremony to the speeches to the party atmosphere in stunning images. Part of our package included a wedding album, which Kate put together for us. She sent us a proof and was quite open to any photo swaps we wanted to make. She also helped us pick the best photo for a metal print we ordered with her. She helped make our wedding day run smoothly, and everyone told us how fun and amazing our photographer was. We picked Kate based on a friend's referral, and we are so glad we did!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Taylor · Married on 10/14/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer! Kate is amazing! She is extremely professional, friendly, creative, and always willing to go the extra mile for her clients (including braving the cold and wind on the beach in January to shoot our engagement photos!). Both our engagement and wedding photos came out beautifully, and we received them in record time. I can't recommend Kate enough as a wedding photographer. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Oh my gosh, I can't say enough wonderful things about Kate and her amazing photography!!! She did our engagement session as well as our wedding photos and was somehow able to get even my "I-hate-having-photos-taken" fiance to warm up and actually smile for the camera. Kate has true vision and an eye for getting the perfect shot, and she is also willing to take your suggestions and run with them to create some really awesome photos. What else can I say? Kate is funny, professional, extremely talented, and she goes above and beyond in every way possible (including her insanely fast turn-around time - like within the month - which is unheard of!!). We loved working with her :)

Sent on 09/28/2016