24 Reviews for Plymouth Bay Catering

Specialty Wine (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
24 Plymouth Bay Catering Reviews

We had such an incredible wedding night with INCREDIBLE food thanks to Plymouth Bay Catering. The cheese assortment, appetizers and main courses were so delicious and so beautifully served. The service was outstanding, waitstaff and bartender were so kind and professional. The whole package was just perfect. Thank you for making our night incredible :)

Profile Picture Audrie, 4/28/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

I am SO happy that I had my September wedding at the Jones River Trading with Plymouth Bay Catering provided the food. From the minute my husband and I walked in to tour the venue we knew we would book it. The venue is so unique and beautiful. You really have to see it for yourself- the pictures barely do it justice. It is such a hidden gem. I loved the outdoor ceremony space where you can get married under a beautiful willow-type tree. We had so many compliments about the venue as well as the food by Plymouth Bay Catering. The prices are so reasonable for the area which is definitely a plus. They’re very flexible with menu options as well. The only thing that was kinda hard planning-wise was that you’re not assigned your day-of coordinator until the week of the wedding; obviously if you have questions before that you can call/email but you kinda just have to trust that your coordinator will be amazing and helpful. BELIEVE ME he was… we had Chris and I cannot say enough amazing things about him. He was so organized and professional but also really laidback and flexible. Literally everything went perfectly that day thanks to him.

As many brides say I barely even ate at my own wedding, and you’re so busy you don’t really get to sit back and relax. So I’m hoping someone else I know will get married at the Jones River Trading so I can enjoy all the food and spend time looking at all the antiques and decorations the venue is filled with.

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/20/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Catering

We recently had our wedding with Plymouth Bay Catering, and we could not have been happier. The wedding was at the Jones River Trading Post in Kingston, MA, and the service we received far exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious, the staff was helpful, friendly and attentive, and the price was very reasonable. We would highly recommend using Plymouth Bay Catering for any special occasion.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We got so many compliments on the food at our wedding, I couldn't count them all! We were so excited to be able to have smoked/barbequed meats (chicken, pork, and beef) for the reception. The appetizers were also great! The prices seemed comparable to other vendors, and the staff was great! Our preferences were a little nontraditional on some aspects (no fish entree, wine and beer service only) and so it took some effort to communicate our vision clearly, but in the end everything was exactly what we wanted! Thanks Plymouth Bay Catering!

Profile Picture Molly, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food at our wedding from Plymouth Bay Catering was delicious! I need to eat gluten free, and they were really helpful with having good gluten free options for me to eat the whole time. They were also considerably less expensive than caterers we looked at for other venues.

And the bacon wrapped scallops- yum!

Profile Picture User3566600, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Plymouth Bay Catering were awesome to work with. They customized my wedding menu to exactly what fit our desires AND budget. They work closely with you to make sure that the process is worry-free and easy to plan. The caterers also coordinate the event - & do an excellent job, especially with the decorations. My guests bragged about the food and the incredibly helpful staff.

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/27/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used PBC to cater our wedding at the Jones River Trading in August 2013. We were impressed with them from the beginning. Mark is more than willing to work with you on your food choices. We inspired creativy in our dishes and let us know the moon is the limit. He was realistic in prices and availability for the time of year so that our food was the freshest. He went so far to specifically have Harpoon IPA bottles available upon our special request. The setup and service was amazing. The only single downside to them was that they do not accept credit cards for the payment. Absolutely amazing food and everything went off without a hitch (even after a guest who had RSVP'd no ended up showing up to the wedding)! They made one of the best vegetarian dishes that my guests have ever had and were even able to accomodate some severe food allergies.

Profile Picture User3016224, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Plymouth Bay catered our wedding this past July which we had at my parents' house. They were fantastic from beginning to end. From the first meeting they were able to easily accommodate our unique location, and Mark had lots of fantastic suggestions in regards to the menu - the best being passed ice cream cones for dessert, which were HUGE waffle cones and were absolutely to die for - my guests are STILL raving about them two months later. In fact, they are still raving about the food overall, including one of our guests who is a professional chef.

All of the food was fantastic (I only wish my husband and I had time to enjoy more of it), the wait staff was wonderful, and we contacted Mark plenty of times as the big day approached with questions and little touches we needed that he had no issue helping with. On top of all that, we were floored by the budget-friendly price. We felt like we got above and beyond what we paid for. To Mark and the entire staff: thank you so much!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/27/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

I The Plymouth Bay catering company is the caterer our reception sight recommended and they were fantastic. Andrew was our wedding coordinator and he went above and beyond his job description to make sure we were happy. The food was amazing! We went with 3 appetizers- my favorite being the mini artisan pizzas which they passed around on wooden pizza paddles. For dinner we had a strawberry summer salad to start followed by the guests' choice of stuffed chicken or a half top sirloin- both were delicious & I am still receiving compliments 2 weeks after our wedding!

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/8/13, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering

We recently used Plymouth Bay Catering for our wedding at Jones River. Although we did not get a chance to eat (as most couples do not), every one of our guests RAVED about how fantastic the food was. More than that, PBC puts a creative twist on a lot of what they serve and they are very flexible with their menus. If there is something you have in mind, they will do their best to accommodate you! In addition, they are very affordable and their wedding coordinators (Mary specifically) are awesome!!!! Thank you for putting together a fantastic event.

Profile Picture Amy, 11/3/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food from this caterer was excellent! The only complaints we had were that the manager was a little frustrating to work with. They don't do a food tasting, but as it turns out, the food is delicious, and it got rave reviews, so there is validity in that confidence. He seemed a little arrogant when we met with him regarding our meal plan, but in the end everything turned out awesome, so it was worth the irritating meeting!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

excellent quality as well as affordable! andrew was so helpful and polite :)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/8/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I am so glad we found Plymouth Bay Catering for my daughter's wedding. They were wonderful to work with and everyone loved the food. Already have had calls from people attending wanting their number. Mary was a lifesaver and there to help make sure the night went off without a hitch. All the servers were professional and helpful. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/11/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Plymouth Bay Catering did an excellent job catering my wedding. We had 185 guests with a seated dinner. The appetizers were so good and the staff was very attentive and polite. The meals came out fast and the food was great. Mary was the wedding coordinator that night and she was awesome. She was so accommodating and I did not have to worry about a thing. And the cost of the catering was extremely reasonable. I would highly reccommend Plymouth Bay Catering.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/23/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food and service were excellent! The bar services were great as well. Mary was our coordinator and she couldn't have been nicer.They accomodated any special food requests we had.
My only comment was that I had to rent my own chairs for the outside ceremony,
I would have liked to meet with caterer sooner in the process. You dont get assigned a coordinator until a few weeks prior to the wedding.

Profile Picture Iris, 9/17/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything was great! We held our ceremony and reception at Jones River Trading Company in Plymouth, MA. Plymouth Bay catered the event.

We met with Mark and Mary a few months before the wedding and talked about a menu and color scheme. Mark recommended appetizers, meals, and also a chowder station.

The wedding came up fast and Mark was great. We talked over the phone about the details and nothing was an issue. He always returned phone calls promptly.

The day of the wedding.
THE FOOD - The appetizers were coming out fast and being served to everyone. The guests loved them all and especially the chowder! The entrees were delicous and the portions hearty! The dessert table...WOW. We did not need a cake! The food was awesome, our guest full....after the appetizers, alot of guest said they were full then!

THE SERVICE - Mary was there on our wedding. I had no clue how attentive she was going to be! It was awesome. She was smiling and so accomodating and helpful! I didn't expect this kind of individual attention. I thought it was the best that she offered to get us some food and drink while we were getting photos outside. It was cold out and she came out to see if we needed anything. She definitely went above and beyond.

THE STAFF - My parents could not get over how great the waitresses working our event were! They were gracious and friendly and looked like they were having fun too-I got the photobooth pic to prove it. The friendliness of the staff really added to overall tone of our celebration.

THE PRICE - I was shocked at how economical the cost of having our event was. We even had open bar and we did not break the bank. The price per plate is MORE than reasonable and the food is quality! We never thought we would be able to pay for a WEDDING!!! We put it off for years!

Overall Plymouth Bay offers couples a great selection of dining options, attentive service, smiling professional staff, and a price you can't beat. If you need a caterer, you can't go wrong with Plymouth Bay.

Profile Picture Katie , 4/16/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Plymouth Bay did the catering at Jones River for my wedding. I've been to several weddings and a lot of times the food is cold by the time it reaches your table, and I was very happy that the food was hot when it was served to me. The food is also delicious and a great value for the price.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/15/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were so happy to work with Mark of Plymouth Bay Catering. He was attentive responsive and an absolute pleasure to work with. 3 weeks later guests are still raving about the food and how delicious it was. The stationary apps were breathtaking and the servers were very polite. We cannot say enough good things about PBC.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/21/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing food and awesome service. Mark was always very helpful and informative.

Profile Picture Shawneen, 7/24/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food was fantastic. Everyone loved their meals and they were very flexible about adding a few people at the last minute. Great Caterer!

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/29/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The catering company basically runs the show for Jones River Trading Company, which is nice, so you don’t have to go out and find a caterer. Donna and Mark were both helpful. They ran everything smoothly, and there were no hiccups, or anything that went wrong. They were helpful throughout the planning. One thing I would recommend is trying to stick with the same coordinator throughout the entire thing. I was not sure if they switch everyone around, or because my coordinator got the flu over December that I was switched back and forth, which at the time worried me, but they had everything completely all set. Their prices are great for both the catering and the bar, but the down side is they do not offer a tasting of the food. The food was delicious, and they were helpful in suggesting meals, but it would have been nice to taste and know what you were going to be serving. One other thing to think of is they have a dessert station, so they do not hand pass the cake, which was fine by me because it saved money on cake, but they also cut the cake at the dessert station, and not in the back room. Had I known this ahead of time, I would have asked them to cut it out in back, but I had never seen that before at a wedding, and the thought did not occur to me. Also, another thing is they use little plastic cups for the wine and mixed drinks. Again, not a big deal, but we thought it was a little strange, so I thought it is worth mentioning. PBC did an awesome job putting on the entire wedding, and was extremely helpful with my bridal party in directing everyone, and helping people out. They also came and ran the rehearsal the night before. They set up the wedding the day before too, which was helpful and I was able to bring by my hand made centerpieces and set up the tables with them ahead of time, which made me confident everything was all set.

Profile Picture Kelley, 5/15/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The quality of food from Plymouth Bay was great. We got some many good reviews from our guest about the food from our wedding, mostly about the shrimp cocktails. The beef dish I had was OK, but the swordfish dish was well liked by our guest and the groom. Deb, who was our contact at Plymouth Bay, was great. My bridemaids were wearing yellow and they had matching yellow napkins for the tables!! Plymouth Bay are the ones who will be running your wedding if you have it at Jones River.
Overall, I thought Plymouth Bay at Jones River was a good choice.

Profile Picture Christine, 6/13/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I was very happy with this caterer. Everything they did for our wedding was perfect. They were very helpful and proffesional for all my needs.

Profile Picture Mindy, 6/3/06, 5 Reviews
1.0

I wanted to share my experience with this vendor in order to save future brides the tears and utter devastation I went through. Firstly, Mark was an hour and a half late to our meeting to define our final menu, prices, etc (when I had spoken with him directly the day before to set the time). That is NOTHING compared to what happened next. The day of my wedding, Mark called me four hours before the ceremony was supposed to begin and CANCELLED MY WEDDING! he lied and said that Kingston police called him to inform him that they had declared a state of emergency and that they could not cater any events that day. Well, it just so happens that my fiance's friend is a Kingston cop, we called him and he said that the department had never declared a state of emergency, that all roads were open. Ladies, this man MARK CANCELLED MY WEDDING FOUR HOURS BEFORE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. All my family and friends had flown in from Argentina, California, Arizona...and MY WEDDING WAS CANCELLED BY PLYMOUTH BAY CATERING. Save yourself the tears and devastation I went through, DO NOT TRUST THEM.

View Vendor Response