34 Reviews for Pluister Entertainment, Inc.

Do-Not-Play List (4)
MC (4)
Microphones (4)
Sound/PA System (4)
Liability Insurance (2)
34 Pluister Entertainment, Inc. Reviews

Cody was the best DJ we could have booked for our wedding at the Stafford's Bay View Inn! He did an amazing job, had everyone dancing from the very first song of the night, and stuck to the schedule so perfectly that we didn't have to worry about a single thing. Tom and Barbara were so helpful during the planning process, too. They always answered questions so quickly - and I had quite a few! Thank you Pluister Entertainment for helping us make so many great memories with our friends and family on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Alli, 8/4/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The owner Tom was very personable and responsive. He spent roughly 45 minutes on the phone with us to make sure that we were getting the music experience that we wanted. Our DJ Lindsay was great. She was able to adapt on the go as a few things may have been altered with he timeline of the day. Our biggest praise is that she does a great job of playing music and only talking when we asked her to make announcements. She let us and the wedding guests be the center of attention. The music selection was right on par with what we wanted and the dance floor was continuously packed. All of our guests raved about the song selections!

Profile Picture tracy, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

From my first phone call with Tom, I knew that I had chosen the best man for the job. I had very particular requests, including a mashup of music for our father-daughter dance, as well as traditional Middle Eastern music for dancing at our reception. Tom didn't even bat an eye and made me completely confident just over the phone that everything would go exactly as I had dreamed it would.
He truly delivered on our wedding day, when our dance floor stayed full: ALL NIGHT. We had so many people telling us how much fun they had out there, listening to Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, even the Electric Slide. Although, I have to say that I think Tom could make any genre fun, he just wants his clients to be happy! It was such a pleasure working with him and we recommend him highly for any DJ services you may need.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 4/22/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Tom was absolutely great to work with!! I was more than impressed with Tom and Pluister Entertainment at our wedding. Tom was so easy to work with prior to the wedding and really helped set the mood for our wedding. He is such a cool guy and his knowledge/passion for music really show. All of our guests had a fantastic time and he kept the dance floor going! I could not have asked for a better DJ at our wedding!

Profile Picture Kristi, 1/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I feel so lucky to have had Tom and Lindsay DJ our wedding. Pluister Entertainment is TOP-NOTCH. We had many special requirements, the most important to us being great sound quality for our live entertainment, and Tom has such expertise in that area. Everything sounded absolutely incredible.
The sound for our ceremony was absolutely superb-- we were outside under a covering during, at times, pouring rain. Our guests heard every word of our vows and readings.
Lindsay's choice of music throughout the evening was exactly what we wanted, and what we'd discussed in our meetings with them prior to our wedding. Both Tom and Lindsay are so much fun to talk to. They're knowledgable and kind, and they were willing to work with whatever special requests we threw at them. They're very creative and experienced.
One of our favorite things about Lindsay was her demeanor when announcing things on the microphone. She's very upbeat and uplifting, and never gets "barky" or "shouty" like we've experienced with DJs at events throughout our lives. She's fun and energetic while maintaining a tone that reflects the importance and elegance of a wedding!
We whole-heartedly recommend Pluister Entertainment to anyone-- they're versatile and experienced and we're confident they'll surpass anyone's expectations, regardless of individual style and tastes.

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

From start to finish Pluister Entertainment made my wedding fun and easy!!! Having an awesome DJ at my wedding was extremely important to me and they exceeded my expectations. Tom is very prompt with responding to any questions and had great suggestions to help organize my day! Lindsay made the night absolutely incredible, she could read the crowd and was able to play music to keep the party going. I would highly suggest them to anyone getting married, I can't say enough great things!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thomas Pluister was a fantastic DJ for our wedding reception. We actually had a unique situation and Thomas is also in my Uncle's band, Loudmouth Soup, so we had a DJ/Band combo at our wedding reception. Thomas was great to work with for song selections, recommendations, timeline, planning, etc. He was quick to answer my questions and when I was unsure, he would make recommendations as well. The evening went perfectly, and he played some great music options during cocktail hour and during band set breaks. There was no lull in the entertainment, and I would highly recommend Pluister Entertainment (as well as Loudmouth Soup!).

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Tom was so wonderful to work with! He made sure that the music he played kept our guests entertained, which was most important to us. He also did a great job as the emcee and we appreciated his knowledge of how to place/space each special dance and such. We definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Kaeli, 12/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I hired Lindsay Pluister as our D.J. for our wedding reception at Jordan Valley Barn on November 7th 2015. We currently live out of state and did not have the opportunity to meet face to face until a few days prior to our wedding. The communication we had with the Pluisters prior to meeting was very open and comfortable. Pluister Entertainment, Inc. is a family business that is very personal and attentive which makes you feel like you are their only client.

Upon meeting Lindsay over coffee and working out the final details we were very excited knowing we had her to lead our celebration. She took care of our guests prior to our arrival and kept the dance floor busy all night long with the music that we love! Lindsay proved herself as a professional D.J. with her knowledge of music and ability to address and read the crowd. It was truly amazing to watch! She has a great personality which brings that energy that you want at your wedding reception. You can tell Lindsay honestly loves her job and we were very lucky to find her out of all of the D.J.'s in northern Michigan.

We would definitely recommend Lindsay Pluister with Pluister Entertainment, Inc. as your D.J. for your celebration. Her professionalism from beginning to end is exactly what every Bride and Groom is looking for in a D.J. for their wedding reception. Choosing Pluister Entertainment, Inc. will be one of the reasons your guests will speak of your wedding day for years to come! Cheers!!

Profile Picture User4791322, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Lindsey DJ'd our wedding and it was perfect. She did a great job of playing music that kept everyone interested from young to the not so young. The sound equipment for the ceremony and reception sounded great. She never missed a step during our reception and helped make the toasts and dances go great. During the planning process we were provided with a great list of contemporary and traditional music to choose from. They also helped great a time table for the way we wanted our wedding to flow. We loved Pluister Entertainment.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We had a destination wedding and Pluister Entertainment, and Tom in particular, were outstanding. He is extremely organized, the timing was perfect throughout the day and his attention to detail played no small part in that. Great job all around! Thank you!!

Profile Picture User5123714, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
2.2

Tom was very professional and responsive to our feedback during the reception. However his son was unprofessional by inviting a friend f his to join our reception and both were drinking from the bar. We were not asked is this was okay with us beforehand. He also refused to play many of the songs we specifically requested a head of time and during the reception. If you have a list of songs you definitely want played at your reception, this is not the right DJ for you. They did play a bunch of fun songs and we all had a great time, however the songs were not what we originally asked for though. We would not use this DJ again.

Profile Picture User5256706, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I am over the moon with my wedding. It was the most perfect day, and I owe so much of that to my DJs.

Thomas Pluister was my main contact throughout my wedding planning process. I am from Chicago, but my then fiance and I had our hearts set on having a Traverse City wedding. The distance was a concern but was never a problem when working with Thomas: he is incredibly professional and responsive. All of my e-mails were returned promptly and with great detail. I was not knowledgeable about how to plan a wedding, and I'm not well versed in music. This was not a problem, either. Thomas was a wealth of knowledge.

He was so well prepared for any concern I had regarding my wedding. He had suggestions for speeches and songs. He was able to organize a schedule for my big day, which helped to put my mind at ease. I didn't have a wedding planner, but that didn't matter because I had so much help from Thomas. My family and friends could not speak more highly of of DJ services.

He met for breakfast, when we were in town to discuss our plans for the day. He was at the rehearsal just so he could make sure he would have all the timings right for the different music.

His daughter, Lindsay, was there the day of, and she was there to help everyone keep their places and make sure my entrance into my ceremony was flawless. This business is an absolute gem.

They were recommended by our photographer, and we could not thank her enough. This company truly goes above and beyond. They were worth every penny of their REASONABLY priced services.

When you book this company, you are not just getting a guy who knows how to play iTunes through a big speaker. You are getting a family who is committed to a craft and to you. My husband and I are so grateful for all of Thomas' and his family's help. We'd book them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/26/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tom and Lindsay were both great! They were so helpful with suggestions and asking questions I didn't know I needed answers for, but that ended up making a huge positive difference. Everything went perfectly and I was never worried about anything to do with our DJ. They were also helpful with the timeline and keeping everything running smoothly and on schedule. I would whole-heartedly recommend Pluister Entertainment to anyone!

Profile Picture User5215618, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tom and his son T.R. did an amazing job DJing our wedding! Having an excellent DJ was very important to us, and we definitely made the right choice in using Pluister Entertainment. They kept everyone dancing all night, and we received so many compliments from guests on how great the DJ was and how much fun they had. Thank you again Tom and T.R. for doing such a great job at our wedding!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tom was very flexible, available, and easy to work with. I provided him with a general concept, random unrelated songs, and damage control requests. All of which he configured into a well-thought wedding playlist that set the perfect mood for my wedding without intruding on our wedding plans or our guests.

Profile Picture Scott, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Lindsay and her dad were such a joy to work with. They made everything leading up to the wedding very easy, positive, and professional. The day of the wedding they had great suggestions and recommendations when we needed to be flexible with set up. They played every song I wanted to hear and everyone had a great time and mentioned the music was great. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Chrisann, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Lindsay and team do an absolutely incredible job of creating the perfect environment. She has an amazing ability to read a crowd and keep things fresh.

Profile Picture Kalin, 8/9/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I honestly can say, 5 stars are not enough. I'm sitting here smiling like an idiot at my computer screen because just thinking about how much dancing everyone did and how much fun the wedding was - and I want to accurately relay how happy I was with Tom Pluister and his team.

As a bride, the dress and cake were minor details but dancing…there had to be dancing. Music was a big deal to us, and Tom truly made the event sing.

One month later, I am just getting around to writing this review - and just yesterday, I had a friend - who's longtime career has been in events and corporate theatre - say to me, "I have never been impressed with DJs at weddings until your wedding, that DJ did an amazing job."

The food was great, the decor was fun, but my most frequent and excited comments came from multiple guests that said:

"I haven't danced like that in YEARS!"
"I have never been to a wedding where the dance floor didn't clear out one time."
"This is the most fun I've ever had at a wedding."

Granted…our group can get down and are not afraid busting a move. But Tom's talent lies in reading the room, playing the right songs (for us, that was a perfect balance of dance anthems, 80s classics and top-40), setting the mood and giving the evening the fluidity of a well-rehearsed performance.

To the brides, I never once worried about set up, sound quality or dead-air. Tom and team are professional, flexible and experienced. From our initial meeting to the wedding night, Tom put me at ease, answered any questions and overall, left me with a priceless gift in wedding planning…confidence that everything will be great.

Our guests had an amazing time and we have the memories of an unforgettable evening that ended a way we could only hope for…with our best friends and family crushed together, belting out Don’t Stop Believing (a special request).

A million ‘thank yous’ to Tom and his family; you are more than just DJs but truly event artists.

Profile Picture Alison, 11/2/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tom is great to work with!!!!!

Profile Picture User3581497, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I honestly couldn't have been more pleased with our decision to have the Pluisters DJ our wedding! They went so far above and beyond my expectations of a DJ we were very happy!

Profile Picture Becky, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands Down, the BEST decision my husband and I made for our wedding was to include Pluister Entertainment as our wedding DJ. They were as involved as we wanted them to be from the moment we hired them, and they followed through even after the festivities were concluded. If you do not go with Pluister Entertainment, then you my friend are taking an extreme risk! From the ceremony ambiance to the reception's final moments, Pluister provided amazing music and announcer-ship! THANK YOU Pluister Entertainment, for making our special day even more amazing!

Profile Picture Anne, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I hired Tom for my August wedding at the Perry Hotel. From the very start I knew it was a smart decision! He is very organized, professional, and friendly. We met twice before the wedding to work the details and he took notes and asked lots of questions. The night of the wedding was perfect. He had no trouble setting everything up, and even went above and beyond to get a cordless microphone to hook up to the Perry's PA system for our toasts (at the Perry it’s normally difficult to use a cordless due to the way it’s set up I guess)- so that worked out nicely! Tom’s daughter was also there to help him out. They knew how to read the crowd on and keep guests on the dance floor. Everyone kept saying how much fun they had and how the music was such a great mix! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I have even been referring my friends to use him for their weddings!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/31/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

The team at Pluister Entertainment is truly fantastic and played a huge role in the success of our wedding. Tom guided us through the steps, from start to finish, and was friendly, helpful, incredibly timely (I always got a response from him within 24-48 hours, even on weekends), and very accommodating (my husband and I sent some obscure tunes his way and he made sure to track them down for us). He sent me a great book on wedding toasts, too. Sam and Lindsey ran the show on the wedding day - Sam ensured the party ran smoothly and on schedule (always with a huge smile on his face), and Lindsey calmly cued me up to walk down the aisle. She was also sweet enough to demo the "Cupid Shuffle" for us on the dance floor! The entire team at Pluister is professional, personable, and simply top notch. Thank you for playing a huge role in such a fun, memorable day!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/17/13, 1 Review