J. Walker Salon Reviews

9 | Bernardsville, NJ

9 Reviews for J. Walker Salon

Dara · Married on 05/13/2017

My hair and make up were beautiful!!! Both consultants did a fantastic job. When I asked them to make subtle changes here and there, they did it without hesitation. They were easy to work with and such a joy to have on site.

Sent on 07/25/2017

staci · Married on 08/13/2016

Everyone's hair looked perfect! Mallory did a perfect job on my hair :). They were amazing to accommodate a large group with a lot of little girls!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Beth · Married on 06/05/2016

I only needed my makeup done since my friend is a hair stylist and was going to be doing my hair for my wedding. I contacted a few places and had a hard time finding a salon that would just do my makeup and not a whole bridal party or a minimum of 4 people. I was having a small intimate ceremony and could not meet those requirements. My wedding planner suggested Plaza Salon. I spoke with the owner Jessica via email and she was great and answered all of my questions promptly. Jessica was happy to accommodate my needs and the prices were very reasonable. I scheduled a makeup trial and Stacy did a great job on my trial. She listened carefully to what I wanted and executed it perfectly. Between the trial and my wedding day, the salon manager Mallory was great with communicating the details. When my wedding day came Stacy ended up doing my makeup and my maid of honors makeup and she did an amazing job. Her presence even helped calm my nerves. Everyone at Plaza Salon was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. They treated me the same as I feel they would have treated a big wedding. I would recommend them to others and I will be using them again at my wedding reception in Sep

Sent on 06/12/2016

Amy · Married on 01/03/2016

I had such a good experience with Plaza salon. They did amazing hair and makeup for myself, my mom, all my bridesmaids, and several groomsmen who have long hair. They arrived early, with an entire team of people to help us all get done on time. Charmy coordinated everything from my trial through my wedding day and worked with me on prices. I'm very happy with how my hair and makeup came out. And several of my bridesmaids commented on how professional and well organized everyone was.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Raquel · Married on 01/19/2013

Jessica, the salon owner, is amazing. I just got married in January and she and her team did the hair & makeup for me and all my bridesmaids. Everyone looked so beautiful. I got so many compliments on how I looked that night and I owe it all to Jessica. She is truly talented. We took our wedding photos prior to the ceremony and she stayed with us all afternoon and did touch ups ... she was so great to be around that by the end of her time, I felt like she should be staying for the wedding. My bridemaids all agreed and also loved their hair and make-up. I would recommend Jessica and her salon to anyone.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Jamie · Married on 02/27/2016

Jess and her team did an amazing job on my entire wedding party (bride, 4 bridesmaids, flower girl & 2 mothers). I never wear makeup and Jess was able to create an AMAZING look that looked like me and not super fake. The entire salon room great care of all the girls, listining to what they wanted and making it even better! They also worked with me to have a contingency plan ahead of time in case of inclement weather at my winter wedding!

Sent on 03/08/2016

J. Walker Salon's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so glad that you loved everything!
    The Plaza Team.

Melissa · Married on 09/30/2017

I found Plaza Salon & Spa via a recommendation from another vendor, and I was so pleased with the results! My initial trial went wonderfully, they were very receptive my comments and gladly made changes in order to create the look I wanted. On the day of they sent a huge team to help us get ready - 3 hair stylists and 2 make up artists for myself, 3 bridesmaids, and 2 moms. The makeup artists did beautiful work that lasted all day and photographed beautifully, though some of the looks were contour heavy/not stylistically what some of the girls were looking for (they all still looked great). The hair stylists were amazing. They created unique looks that complemented each of us, and the end results were lovelier than I could have imagined. Their team not only made the morning of my wedding fun and easy, but truly helped make the day special, I would definitely use Plaza Salon & Spa for future events.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/18/2016

Plaza salon did a fantastic job on my wedding hair and make up. My hair stylist Mallory was wonderful all throughout the trial and the morning of the wedding. I loved how my hair turned out! It was exactly what I envisioned. I did not do a make up trial, but the make up artist Stacey listened to my requests and did a flawless job. Both hair and makeup stayed right in place throughout a very sweaty day and night of dancing!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Carolyn · Married on 01/25/2014

A little expensive, but my bridesmaids and I looked great. Our hair and make up lasted the whole night. We all got so many compliments. Very timely too. There were 8 of us who went in for hair and make up and we were all done within 3 hours. Jessica is the only woman who works with brides. You meet with her at your consultation so you're not with a stranger on your wedding day. The salon was very clean. They even provided orange juice and bagels for us!

Sent on 01/30/2014