Playback Dj & Decor Lighting Service Reviews

97 | Charlottesville, VA

97 Reviews for Playback Dj & Decor Lighting Service

Amelia Emerson · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing wedding DJ!!

My husband and I had a blast at our wedding reception with DJ Dennis Payne! We went back and forth on hiring a DJ for our reception and couldn’t be happier with the decision to hire Dennis. He played a great variation of music to keep our family and friends from every generation on the dance floor all night! Everyone had such a great time! He was also so easy to work with leading up to wedding, very professional and great at communicating, had an easy system for organizing all our needs for the ceremony and reception so that on the day of, he was completely self-sufficient in getting set up and playing all the right songs at the right time. Thank you DJ Dennis Payne!!

Mary · Married on 04/28/2018

Dennis was wonderful. Responsive, professional, and made sure to help personalize our reception. We especially liked the planning tool he sent out to help prepare ahead of time. :)

Diana · Married on 09/23/2017

Dennis was an absolute joy to work with!!! He was unbelievably professional but fun on our initial calls, getting to know us and our style. He's a true one stop shop and was able to provide us with our music and microphones for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and everything was choreographed beautifully. He was able to meet us the day before the wedding during our rehearsal to discuss uplighting for inside our reception hall as he also offers these services. Due to his lengthy experience in the industry he thought of so many minor details I wouldn't have thought of which gave us peace of mind heading into our wedding day. Our guests after the wedding all had great reviews of the music played during the reception and Dennis truly got the party going. We're forever greatful to him for making the day so amazing!

• I

Inna · Married on 09/17/2017

Great choice for wedding reception and ceremony. His music library was easy to use and helped keep things organized. Plus Dennis came out to meet with us and was attentive to what we wanted. Overall we were happy!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

While interviewing DJs for our wedding, it was an obvious choice to choose Mr. Payne. He anticipated many of my questions and concerns and reassured me with his responses. He was also extremely flexible. I inadvertently forgot to include his mic services for my ceremony and he was able to add this extra piece to the contract one week out from the wedding. We highly recommend DJ Dennis Payne!

Curtis · Married on 07/29/2017

Dennis Payne is professional and fun. We had no worries when it came to entertaining our guests and music for the ceremony. Highly recommend his services!

Huong · Married on 07/01/2017

Dennis was super easy to work with! Very professional and reliable!

Julie · Married on 06/17/2017

Dennis is a phenomenal person first, and an equally excellent D.J. He was so easy to work with and patient, knowledgeable about music, and how to work with his clients. My husband and I were extremely glad we chose Dennis for our wedding. You will not regret it if you do also.

J · Married on 10/29/2016

Dennis was a great DJ for our Oct 2016 wedding! He was so easy to work with, and had a nice website to organize all our musical desires (e.g., must play lists, do not play lists) as well as our schedule for the day. He was perfect at introducing us, as well as making the announcements for the various activities and everything ran right on time. We were worried that people might not dance at our wedding since we're not huge dancers, but Dennis kept the dance floor full all night with great music. It was more fun than we ever expected! We couldn't have been happier with our choice and whole-heartedly recommend him.

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

Dennis is an absolute joy and pleasure to work with! He is professional, prompt, flexible, kind and does a wonderful job working the dance floor! We had him at our wedding this past October and would recommend him in a heart beat. He is incredible!

Dennis Payne is super-professional and always available to give advice and work with whatever you envision for your wedding music. He provided our ceremony music in Trump Winery Chapel, and then provided MC and DJ services during our reception in the Pavilion. He brings his own lighting, and is happy to bring you one to test out the colors to decide what would look best (we chose blue!). He has a website that you can choose what you want played and what you want on the DO NOT PLAY list. The site is very easy to use, and it creates a timeline for you, too. He was very helpful and flexible with finding music that I wanted played during the ceremony, and came to our rehearsal to make sure everything would play seamlessly--and it did on our wedding day. He is very nice, kind and helpful. Many guests told me they thought he was fabulous and really enjoyed the music and dancing. He was always highly professional and did a truly fabulous job. Thank you so much, Dennis! You helped make our wedding a truly perfect day!

Melissa · Married on 06/04/2016

Dennis was one of our favorite vendors! He coordinated both our ceremony, cocktail, and reception music. He exceeded our expectations and delivered the fun, and easy experience we were hoping for. On our initial meeting, Dennis really took the time to listen, get to know our story, and what we were looking for on our wedding day. The online tool was easy to navigate and we were able to choose the majority our own music while still trusting his expertise and ability to guide the crowd when needed. He was a natural part of the ensemble and enabled a perfect flow to our day!

Dennis did a great job at our outdoor wedding, seamlessly providing introductory, pre/post-ceremony, cocktail, and reception music. He was incredibly easy to work with (as is his website that will get all the info he needs), very thorough in preparation (even going so far as to obtain several songs for us upon request), and played a great mix of the songs we selected. When a momentary power outage occurred (I believe due to someone tripping over a power cord), Dennis was quick to remedy the situation. During the outage, several guest began singing a particular song, and once the power came back, Dennis had that song playing on the speakers. Overall, we are completely satisfied with his services, and he would be a great addition to your wedding.

Blake · Married on 04/30/2016

To say that we were happy with Dennis as our wedding DJ would be a serious understatement. As the groom, I was in charge of a few smaller tasks for the wedding as well as finding the DJ. I googled DJs in the Charlottesville area and Dennis' name kept popping up. Moving forward I emailed several DJs about their availability for my wedding date - several emails went unanswered - but not from Dennis. Dennis was the first email and you could feel his excitement in wanting to help make our big day special. Dennis wanted to know our story and hear from us and really took our suggestions to heart but also informed us about specifics that he felt would add to the day. The two weeks leading up to the wedding Dennis is excellent with phone calls to wrap up an loose ends and to go over final playlist ideas and "do and do not" play songs. Being big sports fan my wife and I entered to the Boston Bruins goal theme song and Dennis helped us record introductions (his idea) for the wedding party. He was right on cue with introductions, first dance, cake cutting, and all other day or specifics that are time sensitive. We had a short amount of time to dance after dinner and Dennis did a great job of jumping right into the uptempo music and getting people on the dance floor. In all everyone had an amazing night and Dennis helped play a huge role in that - we are so happy to have made the decision to have him be a part of our big day.

James & Gaby · Married on 10/04/2015

My wife and I could not say enough here about Dennis' services for our wedding. He was punctual, professional and very easy to deal with. Make sure you hire Dennis for your DJ needs, you will not be disappointed.

Dennis Payne of Playback DJ was exceptional from the start. At our first meeting, he arrived early to our decided meeting location and was set up with numerous visuals and examples to aid with our discussion and wedding planning. His manner was polite and kind, and he was accomodating to any idea presented. He reassured us that the day of our event he would be readily prepared for any unforeseen issue by having a back-up for every peice of equipment involved in our ceremony and reception. He walked us through the user friendly format he provides for making personalized song lists for our events, and the day of our wedding, all our favorites and special requests were played on point! He made announements exactly as requested with wonderful enunciation and enthusiasm, and remained quietly attentive to the music otherwise. His ability to alternate fast and slow dance music kept dancers of all kinds on the dance floor, and he was able to start each next song perfectly just as the previous was ending, so no awkward silences. He gave perfect instructions to guests when directing attention to events such as cutting our wedding cake, or the bouqet and garter toss. His equipment was classy and covered with special drapes in the color of our choosing so as to blend in with our wedding decor.
    His service and equipment are of the highest quality and very fairly priced, and considering his expertise in his profession he is bargain. I would reccomend him 1000%.

When it comes to a wedding ceremony, my wife and I found the importance of having the right DJ which we learned through the amazing work of Dennis Payne of Playback DJ. Dennis was easy to work with throughout the planning process and special day. He kept us on schedule by being a time keeper, making announcements, and playing music he knows from experience are appropriate for each part.

My wife and I only chose a few songs we wanted to hear and let Dennis do the rest. I am a big music fanatic and it was hard for me to give up control of what was played. Dennis had a great read on everyone, my wife and I, our families, and all the guests, which had him playing all the right songs at the right times.

Thank you Dennis for all of your hard work and the service you provided!

Justeen · Married on 09/06/2015

Dennis is a fantastic DJ. He provided the music for both our ceremony and reception at Trump Winery. He is very professional and thorough, and accommodated our last-minute requests. We were very impressed with his quality of service.

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

DJ Dennis was a fantastic part of our wedding reception! First of all, his music library is outstanding so he had nearly every song we wanted; the few songs he didn't (like our first dance and last dance of the evening), he was able to get them for us. Secondly, he worked with us on the planning of our evening, but he was incredibly flexible with the evening itself. Because our dinner service took longer than we expected, we had to readjust parts of the night by cutting some things or moving things up. DJ Dennis took our changes with stride. Lastly, his professionalism was perfect for our night; his MCing was on point. Overall, I highly recommend DJ Dennis to all brides!!

sandra · Married on 01/02/2015

Dennis is amazing, professional, provides over the top customer service... I could go on and on! I was in the unique position as the MOG, hosting and planning my youngest son's wedding at the beautiful Boar's Head Inn. Dennis made my job so easy and recommended options that neither me nor my daughter-in-law (who lives in Dallas) would of. Dennis provided both ceremony music and reception music for the Wedding. You know you have made the right choice when the last song is announced and everyone responds with - awwww already! We requested risers at the Boar's Head Inn so that Dennis was somewhat elevated above the dance floor for an amazing look. Our wedding was a black-tie event, and Dennis is elegant in appearance, and his equipment/set-up is extremely attractive and modern. We also used up-lighting from Dennis, and again he brought several options for us to choose from. We received numerous compliments from our guests, Dennis exceeded our expectations!

Jill · Married on 01/02/2015

Dennis was truly a professional. He did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He had the songs we wanted, and even let us use extra lighting features at no additional cost. His response to all requests was timely. He was prompt to the rehearsal and on our wedding day. And the added bonus is he got everyone on the dance floor!

Krista · Married on 12/06/2014

Dennis was wonderful to work with for our wedding at King Family Vineyard! He was open to using a play list we created for the cocktail hour (even if some of the music was obscure he managed to track it down!) in addition to running with suggested artists we gave him for dinner. His musical choices kept young and old alike on the dance floor as the night progressed. He was very invested in helping us have the wedding we envisioned. He even came to meet with us during the rehearsal and got there so early he helped my father unload his car with wedding decor! He was truly professional and we would recommend him to any couple without reservation!

Skylor · Married on 11/29/2014

From start to finish Dennis was great. hr was able to accommodate all of our requests with no problem. We would recommend him to anyone.

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2014

Dennis did a fantastic job for our wedding! The ceremony music was perfect as well as the reception music. Dennis was always available to ask questions or go over things for the wedding. Thank you Dennis for making our wedding amazing!

Brittney · Married on 09/27/2014

Excellent job! We're very happy with Mr. Payne and the way he made our wedding flow smoothly. Everyone said what a great job he did and always played requested songs asap. Thank you!!