Platinum Band Atlanta Reviews

Platinum Band Atlanta 1
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Miles · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Platinum Band - Simply Fabulous

The Platinum Bank was amazing! My husband and myself wanted nothing more than to dance all night with our sweet family and friends at our reception...and dance we did! The music and energy from the band was incredible. Our guests did not want the party to end! Working with the band leading up to the wedding was great as well. So friendly and easy to communicate with.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Platinum Band Atlanta's reply:

Elizabeth, thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so happy that you two enjoyed yourselves and we delivered everything we promised. I will miss working with you and your families. Many blessings on your life together! ❤️

Elizabeth · Married on 03/30/2019

Could not ask for a better band!

The band was one of the most important decisions for us in order to make our reception a success. In fact, it was the first thing we booked. We went with the 10-piece option and Platinum Band was amazing. Our dance floor was filled the entire night -- and guests are still talking about how amazing the music was. My only regret is that the reception couldn't last any longer. If you are considering Platinum Band -- don't hesitate any longer. It will be a decision you will not regret!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Elizabeth,
    Thank you for your sweet review! I will miss working with you and I hope you'll keep in touch!!!
    Warmly,

Virginia
  • Hillary

Hillary Henderson · Married on 11/10/2018

One of the best decisions of our wedding

We saw Platinum perform at a friend's wedding and after everyone had raved (including us), we knew we wanted the same for our wedding. They were equally great this time, if not better. We had started with wanting the 6 piece band and then decided to splurge for 10 pieces and it was one of the best decisions of our evening (you have to have the horns). In addition to being fantastic performers and musicians and keeping everyone dancing, they also found musical-theater singers for a couple of songs from musicals we wanted to sprinkle in for the first and last dance. Both were excellent. They also provided the pre-ceremony and ceremony piano music and a cocktail hour trio, so all our music was handled through one contact. Finally, Virginia, the band lead and owner/manager, was professional, responsive, fun, and is a very cool combination of organized business manager and kick-a$$ performer and singer on stage. We loved working with them. Do it. :)

Sent on 11/14/2018

Platinum Band Atlanta's reply:

Hillary, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! How sweet! It was SO much fun planning the MT songs and implementing. What a beautiful end of the night song "Seasons of Love" was. I hope to see you all down the road!! Thanks for putting your trust in us , we LOVED being a part of your wedding!!

Scott Mccrory · Married on 10/23/2018

Played on 10-20-18 at wedding

They played at my daughter's wedding and were excellent. We still have people asking us about the band and wanting information about them. Highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2018

This is the ABSOLUTE best band you could get to make your event such a success! Going on 6th year with them and at our Presidential Gala we want them back year after year! Such great entertainment and up to date music!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Platinum Band Atlanta's reply:

Thank you Danielle! We LOVE working with you and the rest of the UWG team. The nicest group of folks that love music and love to dance. You are such a joy to work with and I consider you a friend! Warmly-V
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/22/2018

Omg Yaaasss

Holy moly! These guys were the talk of our wedding! They went above and beyond my expectations and we never wanted the night to end! Book them and you will not be disappointed!!! They were also easy to work with and really cared about what my husband and I wanted our evening to be like. Thank you, Platinum Band!!! 💕👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kristie · Married on 09/01/2018

We spent a lot of time listening and conversing with bands to determine the right fit for our wedding. The Platinum Band filled every expectation we could have imagined, you will not be disappointed. Our guests are still talking about how much they enjoyed The Platinum Band. Virginia was paid special attention to the details of our wedding, including time line, what we expected from them, to the correct pronunciation of our bridesmaids and groomsmen. Our wedding was perfect and The Platinum Band was the cherry on top! We highly recommend this band!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Carolina · Married on 08/11/2018

Guests at our reception LOVED this band! I got so many complements after the wedding that people had so much fun and that the music was great. The moms went wild and there were guests singing and dancing with the band on stage all night. They played for 4 hours and only took 2 breaks! My only complaint is that they didn't play a few of the songs that we specifically requested, but I was okay with them taking some artistic lead on the set list and giving the people what they wanted instead. We had their guitarist play acoustic for our ceremony, and they were able to accommodate for the four meaningful songs that we requested. Virginia, the band manager and lead singer, was great to work with as well! I would recommend them to anyone in/around Atlanta, and I think everyone who attended our reception would too!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Platinum Band Atlanta's reply:

Thanks Carolina! We do try to hit every requested song and have them highlighted on our master song list so we don't forget. It's possible we ran out of time towards the end of the night or other things that just happen. But I do appreciate your feedback as we are always open to improvements. Our goal is a perfect event, every time. I hope you and Tyler had a wonderful honeymoon! Warmly, Virginia

Nicolas · Married on 07/07/2018

The Platinum Band were amazing for our summer Atlanta wedding. I received numerous compliments from family and friends all night long about the quality of the band. They made our special night over the top in the best way possible.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Platinum Band Atlanta's reply:

Thank you so much Nicolas! We loved working with you and Iesha. It was a super fun night!!! -V

Lauren · Married on 12/30/2017

This band MADE our wedding reception! The photographer said she had never had so many people at a send-off, and it was all because people didn’t want to stop dancing! Our country club already booked them for their 100th anniversary party!!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Kate · Married on 12/30/2017

When I got engaged, my top priority was finding a band. I gladly handed over most all other planning to my mom, but I took weeks watching different videos, asking for referrals, and doing research to find the best band for our wedding. Platinum band exceeded all expectations and booking them was the best decision we could have made. Throughout the planning process, Virginia was extremely helpful and accommodating and even drove to our venue to meet with them to discuss power requirements. In the end, we ended up needing to use a generator which Virginia helped us find a good deal on. She also had such helpful insight on the timeline of the evening so she played an active role in planning the whole reception. During the wedding, all of our guests had an absolute blast. I had numerous people come up to me DURING the reception to say, "Best band ever." The song list was diverse and they played something for everyone...from grandparents to college kids. All songs transitioned into a new, equally energetic song which kept everyone on the dance floor from the time the cake had been cut to when it was time to leave. Every single band member is extremely talented, but you can also tell they really love what they do and love working with each other. The night ended (way too soon) and they surprised us by playing Love on Top by Beyonce which they learned specifically for us...this was in addition to the two other songs they learned specially for us from the first dances. Platinum Band made sure that our guests had an incredible time at our reception which made it the best night possible for Griffin and me.

Sent on 01/06/2018

J · Married on 10/14/2017

This is the second time we have engaged Platinum and they were excellent. We even had a power outage during the reception, but Platinum was ready with a generator...we were back up and dancing within 5 minutes. Virginia is a great resource and Platinum had the entire crowd dancing the whole evening.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Jared · Married on 07/22/2017

We had a three piece jazz ensemble for cocktail hour and an eight piece band foe the reception. This band is awesome. Everyone had a great time at our reception. So professional and easy to work with. Best band in Atlanta!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Platinum Band Atlanta 2

Ellen · Married on 10/15/2016

Platinum was the band for our daughter's wedding and they are fabulous! ! Virginia, the owner was a pleasure to work with and so accommodating. Virginia & the band members are all so professional and talented! Our guests danced for hours, raved about the music, enjoyed the reception with many saying it was the best wedding ever and so much of this is credited to this phenomenal band who has all the guests happy and on their feet! The song & play list is extensive & Virginia works with you to create the wedding of your dreams! They are reasonably priced and will make a wedding so very special! Many thanks to Platinum & all the members!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Bar Essentials · Married on 10/08/2016

I first heard this awesome band, Platinum Band, at a Country Club for a wedding celebration a few months ago, where I was tending bar, and I have been a fan ever since. Having worked at numerous venues throughout the Greater Atlanta area, I have heard a lot of bands. I must say that this band really caught my attention, and stood above all other ones I had previously heard. I took a break from my bar and listened tentatively to this band. They were amazing. They had just about everyone on the dance floor. To put it briefly, there is NO way that anyone could listen to this band, and NOT move their bodies whether at the table, or on the dance floor. They had the ballroom rocking, and were the life of the party. They are a fantastic live party/dance band, no doubt about it!!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

GEORGANN · Married on 07/16/2016

This band is incredible! I saw Platinum at a charity function and knew they would be perfect for my daughter's wedding. They are incredibly talented, professional and flexible to work with. They really cared about making the evening perfect for the bride and groom, and our guests raved about their versatility and talent. They performed the recessional and processional music, the ceremony music, the cocktail hour and of course the reception. They interacted very well with the crowd, and my daughter couldn't have been happier! Thank you for making their wedding so special!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Tina · Married on 06/25/2016

We searched for a band that was great sound for a good value and Platinum Band was just that! They made the wedding! Appealed to all age groups. My 70 year old aunt was on the dance floor all night, as were the 25 year olds. We didn't want the night to end, we could of danced all night. Virginia was the sweetest and she was always willing to accommodate what the Bride and mother-of-Bride wanted ( and in our case that was alot)! We have had such rave reviews from our guests too about the band. If you hire them, you wont be disappointed and you will have the time of your life, we did!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Mark · Married on 06/25/2016

From the moment we spoke to Virginia until the last song was played (Don't Stop Believing) the band was a pleasure to work with. Not only did they keep everyone on the dance floor all night they sound great! Everyone I spoke to afterwards wanted to know who the band was and I've heard nothing but praises from all our guests. They had the 21 year olds dancing and the 70 year olds! We didn't want the night to end! If you hire Platinum, you won't be disappointed! I absolutely loved them and you will too!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Alisa · Married on 03/19/2016

Book this band!! We saw them at another wedding and I made sure to write their name down (I wasn't even engaged yet!)

Virginia was so wonderful! She made sure every detail was covered, things I would have NEVER thought of! She even contacted our venue to get things set up!

The band was AMAZING! They were super accommodating and entertaining! From learning our first dance song with only a weeks notice to letting my father in law jump on stage! They were on stage jamming out as well as in the crowd singing and dancing with our guests!

It has been a month since our wedding and I still get phone calls from friends and family members raving about how great the band was!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Kymberly · Married on 01/01/2016

I am a private event planner who deals with high end clientele and having an exceptional band is a must. That said , I have worked with Platinum band on sevreal occasions in the past from Wedding to Corporate events , to holiday parties. Whenever I am in need of a high quality band I book Platinum. Not only is this due to the exceptional talented musicians, singers, and dancers they are, but equally of the professional and detailed management that Virginia provides. Platinum truly cares about the event and takes every measure to ensure an over the top experience
    You simply cannot do better if you are looking for explosive talent, professionalism, a.d memorable events. Thank you Virginia and the crew for all the wonderful events you have performed and for making me look like the Rockstar.

Kymberly Purvis

Sent on 04/09/2016

Lizette · event on 12/05/2015

Platinum performed at our annual Christmas party this past year. It was a change from the normal DJ so people were apprehensive about getting up and dancing at first. But when Platinum hit the stage they were so interactive that everyone, myself first, filed onto the dance floor. The best thing about dancing and enjoying a song is when I know the actual song. And Platinum had songs for days! They performed so many great tunes from the classics, like MJ, Whitney, EWF, and the list goes on. No matter what was played, there was something for everyone. I had so much fun! The band was prompt, professional, and fully interactive, not to mention enough talent to blow your socks off. Everyone had a feature in a song, and when they stepped to the mic had a beautiful voice and the charisma to hold the attention of the room. I know I'm gushing, but as an artist, I think it's important that when you perform you have the skill to work the room in addition to talent. Otherwise, people get easily and quickly bored and no one has fun. But we sure did have fun that night! I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I'm excited the band will be back for our next party. I've picked out my dress already!!! Thanks for an awesome time and making our Christmas Party that much more special!!!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Platinum Band Atlanta's reply:

Lizette, thank you so much for your review!! See you this December!!

Al · Married on 10/10/2015

The Platinum Atlanta band was the best band ever! Virginia Rece was such a delight to work with from beginning to end! The quality of the music was very professional and diverse! I highly recommend this band to anyone who is looking for top quality and a never ending energy level of performers!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/12/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Platinum Band! Our wedding was an absolute hit because of them! 3 months later our wedding guests are STILL talking about how awesome our band was. They partied along with our crazy, fun family, and provided the best entertainment for the most special night of our lives. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Super friendly, easy to work with, and even learned new songs just for our night! They were THE BEST!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2015

Was so impressed with this band! And all my guests live the entertainment! Highly recommend them! That also DJ and did my announcements! Was perfect!

Sent on 08/16/2016