PJ SKIDOOS Reviews

14 | Fairfax, VA

14 Reviews for PJ SKIDOOS

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

Great venue for a party on a budget

Skidoos has a separate banquet hall that can hold more than 100 people. We had 60 and it was a great size. They have a dance floor, area for a DJ, a bar, and decent space for tables and whatever else you want to have. We used half the dining room table for dinner tables and the other half for a photobooth and appetizer and dessert tables. The food was good and the management is easy to work with. The best part: NO RENTAL FEES. You pay for the food ($25-$35/plate) and the drinks and that is all. Seriously. It's great!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kay · Married on 08/13/2017

Dimitry and the entire team was phenomenal to work with. Our food was excellent and everyone was extremely courteous and professional! I would highly recommend PJ Skidoos!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

P.J Skidoos is the best most amazing location to hold any kind of celebration. They are so accommodating and helpful. We got married and help our ceremony and reception there, best decision we made. The prices were affordable and not outrages as other venues. They set up all tables, chairs, plates and napkins needed. They are amazing and we will definitely go back

Sent on 05/26/2015

The staff was amazing and very tenative! Food was great!

Sent on 01/08/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/29/2011

If I could give 6 stars for this place I would. They are not very well known as a reception venue, but if you have a group of 150 or less they're perfect. They have a sound system and dance floor and the only thing you have to pay for is food, gratuity, and bar service if you choose it. Their most expensive meal was a filet mignon at $25 that included bread, salad, dessert, and coffee, tea, or water. It has a private entrance and the service was fantastic. We really felt like royalty on our special day!

Sent on 11/15/2011

christine · Married on 09/24/2011

We held our rehearsal dinner here, in their banquet hall. The food was delicious, and the service very good! We reserved the room for a certain time frame, then 2 days before we asked if we could move our actual rehearsal here, because it would be raining at the ceremony site and we did not have an indoor option for the rehearsal, this would mean that we had to be at the restaurant 1 hour sooner than planned. Taki and his staff not only said it was okay for us to rehearse here, an hour earlier than planned, but the staff was ready for us and the bar was opened early for the people in our rehearsal who wanted to grab a drink. We recommend these guys, thanks for a great evening!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Kelly · Married on 09/03/2011

We had our rehearsal dinner here and it was perfect. There is a large private banquet room with its own bar and restrooms. It is located in the basement of the restaurant. It has white linen table cloths, a dance floor, a screen to show a video, etc. Food was very good and VERY reasonably priced - one of the best values in the area. It is a family owned restaurant and they were all wonderful to work with.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Vielda · Married on 04/09/2011

I did my reception here. I worked with Jerrianne. It turned out beautifully. The food was excellent, the staff were incredible, and the service all together was great and the price......I'd reccommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Cherie · Married on 10/10/2009

Another life saver !

Thanks to our reception site of PJ Skidoos, we were able to have the affordable classy wedding filled with family, friends, good food, good drinks and a dance floor that we wanted. Dimitri, our banquet coordinator graciously accommodated our needs all the way up to the last minute. Also, our guests are still talking about the selections and good taste of the food and drinks.

We loved the fact that we had the entire downstairs (the banquet room) to ourselves and boy, did we celebrate!

Sent on 10/18/2009

Lorraine · Married on 10/25/2003

All three meals were delicious, and the room was great, they have a private hall downstairs (perfect for 50 people or so) with a dance floor and a built in sound system - you can burn and bring your own cds-, private restrooms and entrance Great location!! All for about $23/head (depending on entree selections...) We served bottles of wine on the table and they provided Ice Tea and Lemonade for a mini "cocktail hour" while guests were arriving. Also because it was a private room family was able to go over before the rehersal and decorate the room so everyone was able to go straight over from the church.

Sent on 01/08/2007

Ann · Married on 10/07/2006

Amazingly flexible; they let me do everything I wanted.

The venue was a little crowded for my reception of 150 people, but it was a wonderful safe haven away from all of the fees, charges, and what-not of many reception venues.
    The staff was very kind and we had a great party! The food was amazing and the drinks flowed well.

I only had a few issues: the ceilings are fairly low, in order to get to the reception you do have to go down stairs, the bathroom was small, and parking is a little tough.
    But those few issues paled in comparision with how amazing the staff was & how good the food was.

I couldn't recommend them more!!!

Sent on 01/18/2008

Nikki · Married on 10/11/2008

4.2
      3.0

The food was good and the staff was great -- there is a lot going on, so the manager on duty was not as responsive to our needs, but overall it was great!

Sent on 12/10/2008

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2007

3.5

PJ Skidoos has a great banquet room that is perfect for a small/medium reception. The food provided was delicious and plentiful and the servers and bartenders managed everything wonderfully. The space allowed for us to have a DJ, dance floor, dinner seating, a gift table, a bar, etc... and you can't beat the price!!!

Sent on 10/23/2008

Rachel · Married on 05/31/2009

2.0
      3.0

I have to start by saying that I've had a mixed experience with PJ Skidoos. I chose this restaurant as a venue for my rehearsal dinner. Right from the beginning I had a rocky relationship with the banquet coordinator. She was flexible enough to allow me to serve one of the meals on the lunch menu for dinner (and charge me the dinner price) but that is where the flexibility ended. I was having a large rehearsal dinner party because I had a lot of out of town guests and there was no flexibility whatsoever on the pricing. The price for the food is reasonable but once you add all the extras the bill starts to get expensive. For instance, only water, iced tea, and coffee is provided. If anyone wants a soda or wine, etc it is extra. If I wanted to offer cake and ice cream (because only one dessert is included) it is extra. I understand they are a business and trying to make money but I did not want to spend as much on my rehearsal dinner as I spent on my wedding. As far as responsiveness goes the banquet coordinator would not return any of my calls - ever. I stopped even bothering to leave messages, I would just keep calling back until I got a hold of her.

The upside of my experience with PJ Skidoos was that on the actual night of my rehearsal dinner the wait staff and the manager on duty made sure things went smoothly. We had great service and the wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. The manager on duty was responsive and professional. I told them I did not want anyone ordering drinks that were not included because I didn't want to pay all the extra fees and they accommodated my request without any problems. Since we were able to stay within the limits of the package it kept our costs down and everyone had a good time so on the day of the event things went very well. Overall, the quality of service by the wait staff and manager on duty the day of my rehearsal dinner was excellent, dealing with the banquet coordinator was stressful and frustrating.

Sent on 06/09/2009