Pins To Pearls Reviews

78 | Chester, MD

78 Reviews for Pins To Pearls

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/25/2020

This is the team you want on your wedding day! These girls are young, trendy, professional, and sweet as can be. They really make your vision come to life. Being part of a bridal party-it was relaxing to sit back and let them go to work. The bride and us maids got so many compliments on her special day!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Belinda · Married on 11/04/2017

First of all let me just say, that I am pretty sure that like most women, we all are freaking out about our hair up to the day of the wedding! And that was me! And I was just the mother of the groom!haha Shanna, several times, reassured me that i was going to look great! Well, she certainly pulled it off! I have never had soo many compliments! My makeup and hair looked fantastic! I would suggest her to anyone! She is upbeat and fun which makes it even better!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jami · Married on 09/30/2017

Having Pins to Pearls at my sisters wedding was fantastic!! Not having to go to the salon and rush back to wedding venue made the day run smoothly and stress free. Shanna is such a talent! Everyone looked beautiful and we all loved our hair. That day was very windy for the outdoor ceremony but Shanna made sure that our hair was pinned and hair sprayed enough that after the ceremony all of our hair still looked wonderful. I would highly recommend Pins to Pearls to any bride!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Kelsie · Married on 09/30/2017

Shanna was absolutely amazing! She made sure that my hairstyle was perfect on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Kaylan · Married on 08/26/2017

Shanna and her team were so amazing! They were so fun to work with, and so responsive to hair and makeup requests. They made my bridesmaids, the moms, and me look so amazing. Looking back at photos, I find myself wishing they could do my hair and makeup EVERY DAY! Shanna is so personable and was super flexible when I decided to add on hair services after my previous hair consultation with another stylist didn't got well. She is so great and I would 100% recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Lindsay · Married on 07/07/2017

Shanna made our special event so much fun! She's wonderful to work with, our hair was exactly what we wanted and she's fun to be around. We will definitely book her again the next time we're in the DC area!!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Shanna and Jen were fabulous to work with! They were professional, easy going, and truly listened to what each girl wanted. Everyone in my wedding party & our moms felt confident and beautiful.

Sent on 05/26/2017

Miriam · Married on 10/22/2016

Working with Shanna and her team was great! I was very happy with my hair and makeup on our wedding day. I appreciated the option of a full hair and makeup trial a few months before our wedding. I really wanted 'natural-looking' makeup, not an overdone transformation, and Shanna was understanding and supportive of this. She and another stylist arrived at 5 am, which was especially awesome considering our hotel was about an hour away from her studio. Shanna is talented, easy to work with, and competitively priced - I'd definitely recommend her to other brides!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Kristi · Married on 10/15/2016

Hair for a Special Affair did a fabulous job for my wedding. The girls were very professional and made getting ready for the big day a fun experience. I would highly recommend Hair for a Special Affair for any wedding or special event.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Everyone was very pleased with their hair and makeup! We appreciate that Johnene and Jen were at the venue on time, and they were patient with the eight women they had to "make beautiful" for the wedding. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Krista · Married on 09/25/2016

Shanna and her team were wonderful! Very responsive to emails and last minute changes. Our hair and makeup was flawless. My husband told me he didn't even notice my dress till dinner since he couldn't take his eyes off my face. Highly recommend them for any event, it was so much easier for hair and makeup to come to us!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/23/2016

Shanna was awesome! She arrived on time and ready to go. We had a few last minute changes, and Shanna easily accommodated everyone's requests. On top of how easy she was to work with, my hair and makeup was flawless and each of the girls looked beautiful! I would highly recommend Shanna and Hair for a Special Affair.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Catherine · Married on 05/20/2016

Shanna has nothing short of amazing on my wedding day. From my hair trial to the day of the wedding she made sure that there was not a detail that was left unfinished. The day of my wedding she showed up early and did not leave until everyone was happy with there hair, which they all were, She has a knack for her job and you can really tell by the product that she produces.. She made us all feel like royalty. Thank you Shanna for making my day amazing!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Sabrina · Married on 04/05/2016

Pins to Pearls/Hair for a Special Affair was very informative on helping me pick the best hair and make-up style I needed for may hair and skin. I was so pleased with the bridal trial that Shanna had done for me that I knew I had chosen my vendor and look for the big day. On the wedding day Shanna traveled to my house which was out of state and so much more relaxing than going to a salon to get pampered on my wedding day. Shanna was very patient with me on making sure my bobby pins were placed perfectly not to hurt my head, which is the worst on your big day. Overall you will not be disappointed in your hair and make-up done by Pins to Pearls/Hair for a Special Affair team.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Rachael · Married on 10/17/2015

Hair for a Special Affair were great! They got me in fairly last minute and then were so patient with my MANY changes to the itinerary of who and when wanted hair and makeup. At our trial, they were receptive to my mother's and my suggestions/comments, and day of, they arrived ready to go at the appropriate time, and even brought an extra set of hands (no extra travel fee) to ensure we were all done on time. Everyone was so happy with their hair and makeup, especially me! Thanks for making us beautiful!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Suzie · Married on 08/29/2015

The team was great and my bridesmaids and bridal party looked beautiful! I had a large group to accommodate...about 13 people. The pricing was reasonable and in the range of what I had gotten from other vendors.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Allison · Married on 08/15/2015

Shanna and her team of professionals provided outstanding service to me and my bridal party on the day of my wedding. Shanna was a pleasure to work with during the entire wedding planning process. She was accommodating, professional, and incredibly talented. Most of all, she showed passion for what she does. Shanna and her team travelled to my bridal suite the day of, bringing all supplies with them. They completed a crowd of hair and makeup for 8 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and my sister-in-law. They did a fantastic job, listened to our preferences, and completed them to our satisfaction, in a timely manner. Shanna brings a calm about the situation and made me feel comfortable, special, and pampered. I highly recommend this service and am forever grateful to Shanna and her team for making me feel and look beautiful on my wedding day

Sent on 10/14/2015

Melissa · Married on 07/10/2015

Shanna did wonderful work for my wedding in 2015. She was quick and was so great at easing any nerves that I had. Hair and makeup stayed put all day, even in 90-degree heat!

Sent on 03/27/2017
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/06/2015

Shanna and Jamie of Hair for a Special Affair were so wonderful to work with! They were so helpful in working with me during my trials and helping to plan out the schedule for the day of my wedding. On the day of my wedding, they showed up on time and ready to get started. Everyone loved their hair and make-up, and they helped keep everything running smoothly and provided a stress-free environment. They even went above and beyond to help with last minute touch-ups and making sure everyone felt perfect before they left. I really enjoyed working with them both, and would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/04/2014

Shanna was amazing!!! She arrived SUPER early to get started on hair and makeup for our group with coffee in hand and a smile on her face. She and her sister worked quickly through our group and were professional, yet fun and easy to talk to. Everyone felt beautiful! Thanks again, you're the best!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2014

Hair for Special Affair was terrific. Shanna was always friendly and flexible, as I had to change the number of people getting hair and make up a few times. All of the beauticians were great on the day of, and really made my day special. I was more than happy with how my hair and makeup turned out as well as my bridesmaids. They are great - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Jess · Married on 05/31/2014

Shanna did an amazing job with me and my girls. For a last minute booking she was professional and easy to get ahold of. I got so many compliments on our hair I would definitely recommend this business! Thank you sooo much Shanna!

Sent on 07/18/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/19/2014

Shanna from Hair for a Special Affair was a pleasure to work with. If you're looking for someone to travel to the venue for you, this vendor is a great option! Shanna did a hair/makeup trial for me at her mother-in-laws salon on the Chesapeake Bay, but then travelled with 2 other stylists to Potomac, MD for our wedding. They showed up on time and got through 8 people in about 3 hours.

I had a fluke experience with a facial the week of my wedding that caused me to breakout in hives on my face! However, the stylists helped make my makeup and hair look exceptional in our wedding photos which covered my reactive skin! I was very pleased.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Alyson · Married on 10/12/2013

Shanna and Jamie arrived on time and ready to work the morning of Alyson's wedding. They were fully equipped, extremely pleasant and professional, and most importantly, they brought their great personalities and sense of humor to keep eveyone feeling at ease.. "Let the Beauty Begin..." was the mantra of the day as the activity began. Both Shanna and Jamie listened so well to their clients and delivered hair and makeup which made everyone feel like a million bucks; servicing one Bride, two Mothers and seven bridesmaids with perfection. The business end of things was handled well in advance and Shanna's attention to detail and communications via email made the service exceptional.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Shanna was punctual (which is huge for any bride on her wedding day or for anyone with plans/i.e. booking for a photographer). Affable, professional, quick and easy to get along with. She understood the style I was looking for and made me feel comfortable. She even offered to come by and give me touch ups to my hair at no cost (just b/c I was shooting 5 minutes away from her home). Extremely flexible and worked with me albeit a 2 week notice. Highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 10/13/2013