Pins-N-Brushes Reviews

Pins-N-Brushes 3
Pins-N-Brushes 4
Pins-N-Brushes 5

Melissa Villarivera · Getting married on 10/17/2020

The perfect make-up and hair artist!

The staff were extremely flexible with schedule. They were the perfect balance between professional and genuinely friendly that made my girls and I so relaxed during the preparation. One thing that stood out was that the bridal party got compliments throughout the night about our hair and make up! They really knew how to highlight each individual’s features with a glance. I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Laura

Laura Catherine Rice · Getting married on 07/10/2020

The Perfect Day!

Carly and Lauren were absolutely exceptional - they are both incredible artists with hearts of gold! Not only were they prepared, professional and kind; they created an atmosphere that was equal parts tranquil and fun for everyone! Thank you, Carly and Lauren for helping make our wedding day so special! I highly recommend to any and all brides! :-)

Pins-N-Brushes 6
    Pins-N-Brushes 12
    Sent on 01/10/2020

Alexandra Haarich · Getting married on 03/10/2020

Spectacular Service

The Pins-N-Brushes team was a dream to work with. From booking them, to my trial, to the wedding day, the team was responsive, open to feedback, and extremely considerate. The team took all of my ideas and inspiration photos into consideration when helping me create my look, and I'm extremely grateful. Lauren did my makeup and Kait did my hair. I was super happy with both of the services, and felt beautiful on my big day. I wish they could do my hair and makeup everyday!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Polly

Polly · Married on 10/26/2019

Pins-N-Brushes was amazing!

For my October wedding, Starr did our hair and Lauren did our makeup. I cannot say enough good things about them and their work! They were both so flexible and listened to what we wanted, and they brought a really positive energy to the room when we were getting ready. I was a little unsure of how I wanted to wear my hair, and Starr worked with me step by step to make sure I loved it - and I did! A lot of makeup artists make brides look a little too “fake” but Lauren is incredibly talented and my makeup looked amazing in person and in photos. Carly, the owner, was also incredible to work with. Thank you, Pins-N-Brushes!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Rachel Devadas · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful Team, and had my dream Wedding Hair

Absolutely loved working with the Pins-n-Brushes team. They gave me my dream wedding hair and were professional every step of the way! My friends and family also absolutely loved their hair, and had a great time getting ready. I would 100% recommend!

Jamie · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Experience

Carly and her team we’re absolutely awesome on my wedding day. They were so awesome and I couldn’t have asked for better hair or makeup on my big day. They are fairly priced and I would pick them again in a heart beat!

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/31/2019

Wedding 8.31

Pins-n-brushes provides hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend. Carly was very responsive and accommodating in making sure me and my bridal party was ready on time and looked great! Starr did a variety of hairstyles for my bridesmaids and all looked amazing! Kylie was our makeup artist and everyone looked stunning with styles that photographed perfectly! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Clara

Clara · Married on 08/31/2019

Perfect Hair and Makeup

I did my bridal trial for our engagement shoot, and was so happy with how I looked. I went with the same hair and makeup from the trial for our wedding day. All of the bridesmaids used them as well, and we were all so impressed. They had a timeline made for us, and were so efficient. My hair and makeup were exactly what I was looking for. My sister is using them for her wedding next month and we are so excited!

Pins-N-Brushes 13
    Pins-N-Brushes 14
    Pins-N-Brushes 15
    Sent on 09/25/2019

Megan · Married on 07/05/2019

Definitely Recommend!

Carly was amazing! She was incredibly accommodating and flexible to make sure 7 bridesmaids and bride had their hair done in time. She was able to take a few pictures of styles and put elements of each into her own style! I couldn't have been happier with how my hair looked on my big day!

Pins-N-Brushes 16
    Sent on 07/21/2019

Anna · Married on 06/01/2019

Loved it all!

Carly and Lauren were great! I wasn't. I asked for two trials. Changed my numbers the week of! They didn't care. They were on top of it all and understanding. It was wonderful. Airbrush makeup looked phenomenal and our hair looked great with pictures indoors, outdoors and by the water

Pins-N-Brushes 17
    Pins-N-Brushes 18
    Sent on 01/09/2020

Kathleen · Married on 05/25/2019

Above all else.

I had my hair done by Kait for a friend’s wedding two years prior to mine. I was ecstatic to find out she was available for my big day as well. She created customized hair-dos for my entire wedding party, mom, and MIL! Kait knows how to connect to everyone and we all loved our hair styles (which held the entire night!). Carly, the owner, is fantastic as well. I went to her studio for the trial and it was super easy to find, it was just myself and my sister along with Carly and Kait so it felt extremely personalized. Kait also took an amazing video of the first look i got with my dad, so that was an added bonus. I’ve already had friends reach out for their contact info- book fast!!

Pins-N-Brushes 19
    Pins-N-Brushes 20
    Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 05/25/2019

Royalty Level Service

Pins N Brushes gave me everything I wanted and more on my wedding day and I will recommend them to ANYONE who wants to feel and look like a queen. My wedding day was so much fun and I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup the entire day and even months later!! Starr and Katlin were exceptional and Carly is always a pleasure to work with. They managed my entire bridal party plus MOG flawlessly. They didn't skip a beat and were professional, timely and FUN! This group of ladies is BEYOND talented. They're always keeping up with the latest trends and the latest brands. They use only the best to make you feel and look your absolute BEST! I am a returning customer and always will be. THANK YOU x A MILLION!

Pins-N-Brushes 21
    Pins-N-Brushes 22
    Pins-N-Brushes 23

Tanya · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing work

Words cannot express the amazing experience I had with Lauren and Star. They were extremely professional. My hair and makeup was wonderful and on point. I could not have pulled it off without them. What a GREAT job!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing Experience

Carly was great throughout the entire process - from answering my many questions before booking, completing the trial, and the actual wedding - everything was amazing. She was flexible with scheduling and re-arranging services for the wedding. The pricing was also more than fair for what it seems like the average around Baltimore is. All of the girls who got hair & make-up with Carly & Lauren looked amazing. Even our venue coordinator commented on how well everyone's hair and make-up held up throughout the night. I would 100% book Pins & Brushes again!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/27/2018

Starr and Carly were great

I had a great experience working with Carly and Starr. Starr was my primary stylist, while Carly handled all the logistics and provided some general support during my trials since Starr is more junior. Together, they made sure that I looked and felt beautiful on our big day.

At my first trial, I loved how my hair looked but it fell out pretty quickly after I left the trial (I have super fine/soft/slippery hair). I reached out to Starr and Carly to see if we could try again, and they didn't hesitate to book a second trial and think through how to get the look I wanted and keep it secure all night. On the day off, Starr paused periodically to check in with me and give me opportunities to look at her progress and offer feedback so that we got my style just right. She was efficient with the bridesmaids but still made sure everyone looked great--we even ended up being able to squeeze in one bridesmaid who didn't originally plan to have her hair done.

From my experience, the Pins-N-Brushes team really excels at styles with texture and volume, so if you're looking for something super sleek they might not be the best fit for you! But if you love piecey updos, pretty waves, and boho braids, check Carly and her team out.

Pins-N-Brushes 24
    Pins-N-Brushes 25
    Pins-N-Brushes 26
    Pins-N-Brushes 27
    Sent on 02/24/2019

Jorinna · Married on 10/26/2018

I felt beautiful on my wedding day!

Carly was amazing! When my first trial with another stylist did not go well, I reached out to her with only 2 months before my wedding. She was so responsive every step of the way and got me in for a trial within a week. When I wanted to change my style from the trial, she did a great job giving me exactly what I wanted. All of my bridesmaids and the MOB's hair were great and looked awesome in all of the photos. Carly made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and I'm so appreciative.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Liz Murray-Rust · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful hair and make-up!

Pins-N-Brushes did an amazing job on the hair and make-up for our wedding. Carly was responsive and organized during the planning process. She worked with our Wedding Coordinator to finalize our timeline, which was very helpful. Our stylists, Katlin and Starr, arrived really early to set-up on our wedding day and were very accommodating to everyone's different style requests. The bridal party looked great, and the hair and make-up held up well for the entire day.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Jenny R · Married on 10/13/2018

The very best.

Carly is the very best in every way possible. She did a phenomenal job on my hair and my bridesmaid's hair. Every single one of them gave rave reviews about Carly. I could not have been more thrilled to get to have Carly play a big role on our wedding day. She is so kind and grounded and made our morning getting ready truly relaxing and fun. She is very professional, dependable, and made the whole process enjoyable because I knew I did not have to worry about a thing. If you are still looking for a hair stylist, you found her. Thank you, Carly, for a truly amazing job on our wedding day and for being such a joyful addition to the day!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Dina · Married on 10/07/2018

I can't say enough good thing about Carly. She is professional, organized, caring, and really good at her job! I had been to 2 other hair trials before booking with Carly and felt like they did not really listen to what I had wanted. At my trial with Carly, she really took the time and was interested in the look I was going for. She completely nailed it! On the day of the wedding, she was one of the first people to show up and was ready to work. You can tell how serious she takes her job. You can tell and how much she cares about making you happy. When I booked with her, I was confident she would be one vendor I did not have to worry about. The day of the wedding she made sure everyone was ready on time and everyone looked perfect! She is also so easy to talk to. Everyone loved her. I can’t thank you enough for the awesome work you did!

Pins-N-Brushes 28
    Pins-N-Brushes 29
    Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon · Married on 09/15/2018

The girls with Pins-N-Brushes were amazing! They had to be at our hotel super early but they were all ready to go when they got there. They finished all 6 of us girls with plenty of time to spare!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 09/08/2018

Carly gets 10 out of 5 stars from me! I cant say enough good about her! Lets just start with the fact that I had already booked someone else who backed out with only about 3 months until my wedding. I am really very picky about my hair and had some concerns and from the first email Carly listened and actually heard me. We spoke on the phone where I asked her just about every question in the book and without hesitation she answered and assured me things would be great. We set up a trial and Carly did a flawless job and we really hit it off. She is calm and personable all while being professional. She has alot of knowledge with extensions and helped me to order the correct ones for my big day. A week before the wedding I contacted Carly freaking out that I was now unsure about the look we did in the trial due to weight gain and me not being comfortable with nothing close to my face. Again, Carly reassured me everything was going to be just fine because she wouldn't let it be any other way. I mean...how sweet? We went back and forth looking at photos and styles she felt fit my dress and agreed on one. On my wedding day, Carly was a calming force. Literally. She arrived on time, got right to work and finished the girls hair in record timing. She styled my hair BEAUTIFULLY! I honestly couldn't have felt more beautiful. Here is what got me... after she was done she asked how she could help us? My wedding got rained out and was literally all DIY and it was very apparent we were struggling. Carly ended up sitting in the room on my bed as I got ready and helping put the final touches on which was my birdcage. Her kindness and calmness were something that stuck with me. I wasn't just a client to her or a bride. She treated me like a friend. Carlys work is amazing but so is her heart. If you are looking for someone to make you look and feel amazing on your wedding day Pins-N-Brushes is your one stop shop! You wont regret it.

Pins-N-Brushes 30
    Sent on 09/13/2018

Anne · Married on 08/25/2018

Carly and Kait are phenomenal! From the very beginning, Carly was so helpful. I reached out to her via instagram, unsure of how many people would be in my bridal party, unsure of what my dress looked like, and definitely unsure of what I wanted my hair to look like. She was so helpful and did not mind me changing my mind multiple times. She became my go-to hairdresser for cut, color, etc. I have never had a more kind, caring, dedicated hairdresser before! Eventually, I decided I wanted to wear my hair down, curled. Since my hair does not hold curl well, Carly helped me order extensions. She also worked all week before the wedding to ensure the extensions matched the color of my hair perfectly. I had never worn extensions before and am always nervous to color my hair out of fear that it won't look natural. It seemed as though Carly cared just as much as I did! She always wanted to make sure I was happy. I am SO thankful for her!

On the wedding day, Kait and Carly were punctual, stuck to the timeline, and gave all of my bridesmaids the perfect updos. Kait made me feel like a model that I most definitely did not recognize. My hair held the entire night---(on a warm August day!) I would highly recommend both ladies and I cannot thank them enough! My wedding party loved them! xoxo

Sent on 10/08/2018

Sheri · Married on 08/04/2018

Carly and her team were AMAZING!! They did hair and makeup for my bridal party and a group of guests. They arrived early, kept everything on time and everyone looked INCREDIBLE! Pretty much everyone in my group has really curly hair that's not the easiest to work with - Carly and her team really can do anything. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Esme · Married on 07/28/2018

Carly, Nina, Lauren, and Nikki are awesome!!! I would highly recommend Pins N Brushes! My hair and make up looked absolutely amazing on my wedding day! It was even better than I could have imagined. Carly was so responsive to every email and question I had leading up to the wedding. I had 9 bridesmaids and 2 mom's getting their hair and make up done also and they did a great job with everyone! They were also very personable and fun to talk to while we were all getting ready. I had such a great experience with Carly that I am going soon to her salon to get balayage for the first time! Pins N Brushes was affordable and definitely not lacking in quality. I would highly recommended them to anyone looking for hair and make up for their wedding!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Jenn · Married on 06/30/2018

Excellent job and very flexible. Starr was great!

Sent on 07/23/2018