Pins-N-Brushes Reviews

Pins-N-Brushes 7
  • Polly

Polly · Married on 10/26/2019

Pins-N-Brushes was amazing!

For my October wedding, Starr did our hair and Lauren did our makeup. I cannot say enough good things about them and their work! They were both so flexible and listened to what we wanted, and they brought a really positive energy to the room when we were getting ready. I was a little unsure of how I wanted to wear my hair, and Starr worked with me step by step to make sure I loved it - and I did! A lot of makeup artists make brides look a little too “fake” but Lauren is incredibly talented and my makeup looked amazing in person and in photos. Carly, the owner, was also incredible to work with. Thank you, Pins-N-Brushes!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/31/2019

Wedding 8.31

Pins-n-brushes provides hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend. Carly was very responsive and accommodating in making sure me and my bridal party was ready on time and looked great! Starr did a variety of hairstyles for my bridesmaids and all looked amazing! Kylie was our makeup artist and everyone looked stunning with styles that photographed perfectly! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Clara

Clara · Married on 08/31/2019

Perfect Hair and Makeup

I did my bridal trial for our engagement shoot, and was so happy with how I looked. I went with the same hair and makeup from the trial for our wedding day. All of the bridesmaids used them as well, and we were all so impressed. They had a timeline made for us, and were so efficient. My hair and makeup were exactly what I was looking for. My sister is using them for her wedding next month and we are so excited!

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Pins-N-Brushes 8
    Pins-N-Brushes 9
    Pins-N-Brushes 10

Megan · Married on 07/05/2019

Definitely Recommend!

Carly was amazing! She was incredibly accommodating and flexible to make sure 7 bridesmaids and bride had their hair done in time. She was able to take a few pictures of styles and put elements of each into her own style! I couldn't have been happier with how my hair looked on my big day!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Pins-N-Brushes 11

Kathleen · Married on 05/25/2019

Above all else.

I had my hair done by Kait for a friend’s wedding two years prior to mine. I was ecstatic to find out she was available for my big day as well. She created customized hair-dos for my entire wedding party, mom, and MIL! Kait knows how to connect to everyone and we all loved our hair styles (which held the entire night!). Carly, the owner, is fantastic as well. I went to her studio for the trial and it was super easy to find, it was just myself and my sister along with Carly and Kait so it felt extremely personalized. Kait also took an amazing video of the first look i got with my dad, so that was an added bonus. I’ve already had friends reach out for their contact info- book fast!!

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Pins-N-Brushes 12
    Pins-N-Brushes 13

Tanya · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing work

Words cannot express the amazing experience I had with Lauren and Star. They were extremely professional. My hair and makeup was wonderful and on point. I could not have pulled it off without them. What a GREAT job!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing Experience

Carly was great throughout the entire process - from answering my many questions before booking, completing the trial, and the actual wedding - everything was amazing. She was flexible with scheduling and re-arranging services for the wedding. The pricing was also more than fair for what it seems like the average around Baltimore is. All of the girls who got hair & make-up with Carly & Lauren looked amazing. Even our venue coordinator commented on how well everyone's hair and make-up held up throughout the night. I would 100% book Pins & Brushes again!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/27/2018

Starr and Carly were great

I had a great experience working with Carly and Starr. Starr was my primary stylist, while Carly handled all the logistics and provided some general support during my trials since Starr is more junior. Together, they made sure that I looked and felt beautiful on our big day.

At my first trial, I loved how my hair looked but it fell out pretty quickly after I left the trial (I have super fine/soft/slippery hair). I reached out to Starr and Carly to see if we could try again, and they didn't hesitate to book a second trial and think through how to get the look I wanted and keep it secure all night. On the day off, Starr paused periodically to check in with me and give me opportunities to look at her progress and offer feedback so that we got my style just right. She was efficient with the bridesmaids but still made sure everyone looked great--we even ended up being able to squeeze in one bridesmaid who didn't originally plan to have her hair done.

From my experience, the Pins-N-Brushes team really excels at styles with texture and volume, so if you're looking for something super sleek they might not be the best fit for you! But if you love piecey updos, pretty waves, and boho braids, check Carly and her team out.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Pins-N-Brushes 14
    Pins-N-Brushes 15
    Pins-N-Brushes 16
    Pins-N-Brushes 17

Jorinna · Married on 10/26/2018

I felt beautiful on my wedding day!

Carly was amazing! When my first trial with another stylist did not go well, I reached out to her with only 2 months before my wedding. She was so responsive every step of the way and got me in for a trial within a week. When I wanted to change my style from the trial, she did a great job giving me exactly what I wanted. All of my bridesmaids and the MOB's hair were great and looked awesome in all of the photos. Carly made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and I'm so appreciative.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Liz Murray-Rust · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful hair and make-up!

Pins-N-Brushes did an amazing job on the hair and make-up for our wedding. Carly was responsive and organized during the planning process. She worked with our Wedding Coordinator to finalize our timeline, which was very helpful. Our stylists, Katlin and Starr, arrived really early to set-up on our wedding day and were very accommodating to everyone's different style requests. The bridal party looked great, and the hair and make-up held up well for the entire day.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Jenny R · Married on 10/13/2018

The very best.

Carly is the very best in every way possible. She did a phenomenal job on my hair and my bridesmaid's hair. Every single one of them gave rave reviews about Carly. I could not have been more thrilled to get to have Carly play a big role on our wedding day. She is so kind and grounded and made our morning getting ready truly relaxing and fun. She is very professional, dependable, and made the whole process enjoyable because I knew I did not have to worry about a thing. If you are still looking for a hair stylist, you found her. Thank you, Carly, for a truly amazing job on our wedding day and for being such a joyful addition to the day!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Dina · Married on 10/07/2018

I can't say enough good thing about Carly. She is professional, organized, caring, and really good at her job! I had been to 2 other hair trials before booking with Carly and felt like they did not really listen to what I had wanted. At my trial with Carly, she really took the time and was interested in the look I was going for. She completely nailed it! On the day of the wedding, she was one of the first people to show up and was ready to work. You can tell how serious she takes her job. You can tell and how much she cares about making you happy. When I booked with her, I was confident she would be one vendor I did not have to worry about. The day of the wedding she made sure everyone was ready on time and everyone looked perfect! She is also so easy to talk to. Everyone loved her. I can’t thank you enough for the awesome work you did!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Pins-N-Brushes 18
    Pins-N-Brushes 19
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon · Married on 09/15/2018

The girls with Pins-N-Brushes were amazing! They had to be at our hotel super early but they were all ready to go when they got there. They finished all 6 of us girls with plenty of time to spare!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 09/08/2018

Carly gets 10 out of 5 stars from me! I cant say enough good about her! Lets just start with the fact that I had already booked someone else who backed out with only about 3 months until my wedding. I am really very picky about my hair and had some concerns and from the first email Carly listened and actually heard me. We spoke on the phone where I asked her just about every question in the book and without hesitation she answered and assured me things would be great. We set up a trial and Carly did a flawless job and we really hit it off. She is calm and personable all while being professional. She has alot of knowledge with extensions and helped me to order the correct ones for my big day. A week before the wedding I contacted Carly freaking out that I was now unsure about the look we did in the trial due to weight gain and me not being comfortable with nothing close to my face. Again, Carly reassured me everything was going to be just fine because she wouldn't let it be any other way. I mean...how sweet? We went back and forth looking at photos and styles she felt fit my dress and agreed on one. On my wedding day, Carly was a calming force. Literally. She arrived on time, got right to work and finished the girls hair in record timing. She styled my hair BEAUTIFULLY! I honestly couldn't have felt more beautiful. Here is what got me... after she was done she asked how she could help us? My wedding got rained out and was literally all DIY and it was very apparent we were struggling. Carly ended up sitting in the room on my bed as I got ready and helping put the final touches on which was my birdcage. Her kindness and calmness were something that stuck with me. I wasn't just a client to her or a bride. She treated me like a friend. Carlys work is amazing but so is her heart. If you are looking for someone to make you look and feel amazing on your wedding day Pins-N-Brushes is your one stop shop! You wont regret it.

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Pins-N-Brushes 20

Anne · Married on 08/25/2018

Carly and Kait are phenomenal! From the very beginning, Carly was so helpful. I reached out to her via instagram, unsure of how many people would be in my bridal party, unsure of what my dress looked like, and definitely unsure of what I wanted my hair to look like. She was so helpful and did not mind me changing my mind multiple times. She became my go-to hairdresser for cut, color, etc. I have never had a more kind, caring, dedicated hairdresser before! Eventually, I decided I wanted to wear my hair down, curled. Since my hair does not hold curl well, Carly helped me order extensions. She also worked all week before the wedding to ensure the extensions matched the color of my hair perfectly. I had never worn extensions before and am always nervous to color my hair out of fear that it won't look natural. It seemed as though Carly cared just as much as I did! She always wanted to make sure I was happy. I am SO thankful for her!

On the wedding day, Kait and Carly were punctual, stuck to the timeline, and gave all of my bridesmaids the perfect updos. Kait made me feel like a model that I most definitely did not recognize. My hair held the entire night---(on a warm August day!) I would highly recommend both ladies and I cannot thank them enough! My wedding party loved them! xoxo

Sent on 10/08/2018

Sheri · Married on 08/04/2018

Carly and her team were AMAZING!! They did hair and makeup for my bridal party and a group of guests. They arrived early, kept everything on time and everyone looked INCREDIBLE! Pretty much everyone in my group has really curly hair that's not the easiest to work with - Carly and her team really can do anything. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Esme · Married on 07/28/2018

Carly, Nina, Lauren, and Nikki are awesome!!! I would highly recommend Pins N Brushes! My hair and make up looked absolutely amazing on my wedding day! It was even better than I could have imagined. Carly was so responsive to every email and question I had leading up to the wedding. I had 9 bridesmaids and 2 mom's getting their hair and make up done also and they did a great job with everyone! They were also very personable and fun to talk to while we were all getting ready. I had such a great experience with Carly that I am going soon to her salon to get balayage for the first time! Pins N Brushes was affordable and definitely not lacking in quality. I would highly recommended them to anyone looking for hair and make up for their wedding!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Jenn · Married on 06/30/2018

Excellent job and very flexible. Starr was great!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Libby · Married on 06/23/2018

I worked with Carly to book my wedding make-up and she was so so patient with me answering all of my questions and was super flexible when I needed to change my timeline as the day got closer. Then Lauren did me and my mom's make-up the day of and we were both so happy with how it turned out. I didn't really know what I wanted- I didn't want to not look like myself and didn't want to feel like I was wearing too much make-up. I asked her to do a very natural look and I loved what she came up with! I wish she could do my make-up every day :) My mom had brought her own products that she asked Lauren to use and Lauren was super accommodating. Lauren was super sweet and patient, just the best! Would definitely recommend them to anyone! Thank you Carly and Lauren!!

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Carly, Nina and the team at Pins-N-Brushes are amazing! They are like long-time friends you're catching up with. I have always been very particular about my hair (as most brides are) and Carly took the time to meet with me for multiple hair trials and answer any questions just to make sure I felt 110% confident going into my big day. She also helped me with the day-of schedule which was so appreciated to ensure everything ran smoothly with nothing to worry about. I can't recommend Pins-N-Brushes enough!

Pins-N-Brushes 21
    Pins-N-Brushes 22
    Pins-N-Brushes 23
    Pins-N-Brushes 24
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/01/2018

Carly is absolutely amazing and so easy to work with. She was so accommodating to our needs. For my wedding, I had 8 girls (myself included) who needed their hair done. She did this solo with time to spare, and I was so impressed by the final products. All of my bridesmaids said it was the best their hair had looked for a wedding. My hair even stayed in the 90 degree heat! She provided me with a little goodie bag as well with the best smelling hairspray and bobbie pins for touch ups (which we did not even have to use). As someone who enjoys doing updos, I am a bit of a perfectionist and picky when it comes to my hair. I had Carly put in extensions, and no one could even tell they were in! Carly made my hair look like exactly what I had hoped for and kept the day fun and stress free. Thank you Carly! Highly recommend.

Pins-N-Brushes 25
    Pins-N-Brushes 26
    Pins-N-Brushes 27
    Pins-N-Brushes 28
    Pins-N-Brushes 29

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2018

Carly was so great to work with. She was super flexible and fit right into the crowd. Everyone was extremely happy with their hair and how easy she was to work with. Would definitely recommend. She made my day that much easier!!

Pins-N-Brushes 30
    Pins-N-Brushes 31

Cara · Married on 05/26/2018

I am so happy that I found Pins-N- Brushes for my wedding! Carly and Kait were so amazing! We had 10 girls for hair and makeup and everyone looked absolutely beautiful! My hair and makeup was perfect even though I wasn't able to do a pretrial.( I live in North Carolina and opted not to, although Carly was so helpful and responsive and was willing to do whatever for me to have one). They had to travel to my venue and started very early in the morning to make us all feel gorgeous and they did! I highly recommend Carly!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Krysten · Married on 05/19/2018

Everyone was so pleased with the girls!! Starr and Kaitln had 8 of us done with hair and makeup an hour ahead of schedule. Made for a stress-free morning getting ready for my wedding day!! :) I would recommend them 100%! Carly and her staff are the best!! :)

Sent on 07/25/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2018

Working with Carly was a dream come true. I was lucky enough to have her do my hair for our engagement shoot and was happy to have that time to build a report with her prior to the wedding. On wedding hair she was so fast and efficient that we got everyone's hair done with plenty to time to relax before pictures. Carly was able to take everyone's pictures and transform them into reality. She was a wonderful addition to wedding day morning! Every time I needed to email her she was always very responsive and flexible, including a last minute venue change. You can't go wrong working with Carly and her team!

Sent on 05/21/2018