Pins-N-Brushes Reviews

89 | Curtis Bay, MD

89 Reviews for Pins-N-Brushes

• Melissa

Melissa Villarivera · Getting married on 10/17/2020

The perfect make-up and hair artist!

The staff were extremely flexible with schedule. They were the perfect balance between professional and genuinely friendly that made my girls and I so relaxed during the preparation. One thing that stood out was that the bridal party got compliments throughout the night about our hair and make up! They really knew how to highlight each individual’s features with a glance. I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Marlena · Married on 08/24/2020

Amazing!

Carly is the best! Her work is amazing and she is such a sweet person! I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to do my hair and makeup for my wedding. She has a great team working with her, they made me feel so special on my big day!

Sent on 08/25/2020
  • Jillian

Jillian Wordelmann · Married on 07/18/2020

Absolute Best Hair & Make Up!

Carly is amazing!! I can't say enough good things about her and the entire Pins-N-Brushes experience. Carly was very responsive to emails as I navigated wedding planning during COVID. She is so friendly and easy to talk to. I felt completely at ease during my trial with her and left feeling extremely excited to have her and Lauren for my big day. I was really impressed with how organized Carly was in staying ahead of schedule on the wedding day. She did the hair of my 5 bridesmaids, mom and myself. Everyone picked unique styles and they all looked flawless! On my wedding day I seriously have never felt more beautiful in my life. I will never forget this! If you want to feel confident that you are in the best hands, you should definitely hire Pins-N-Brushes!!

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Laura

Laura Catherine Rice · Married on 07/10/2020

The Perfect Day!

Carly and Lauren were absolutely exceptional - they are both incredible artists with hearts of gold! Not only were they prepared, professional and kind; they created an atmosphere that was equal parts tranquil and fun for everyone! Thank you, Carly and Lauren for helping make our wedding day so special! I highly recommend to any and all brides! :-)

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney Wagner · Married on 06/06/2020

Book Pins-N-Brushes ASAP

I can't recommend Carly and the Pins-N-Brushes team enough! We were one of the lucky couples that had to replan our wedding for June 6 due to all of the COVID chaos. Originally we planned for our wedding to be held at an upscale hotel in DC, but we quickly had to change course about 8 weeks before our wedding. She was one of the great vendors that I didn't want to lose through all of the wedding rework. Thankfully, Carly and team were still willing to do our hair and makeup for the wedding!!! She's super responsive, insanely flexible, and just an all-around great person! My sister and I were lucky enough to get our hair cut and colored just a couple days before the wedding and we had such a great time getting to know each other. They were on time, completely prepared (and even wore masks), and were just so considerate and made sure we were all set and had everything we needed (I think she even made sure I had eaten something haha). They were troopers for doing hair and makeup with three younger girls plus my older sister and me - they made little tweaks as requested and did it all ON TIME! I 1000% recommend...I now live in TN and will absolutely be visiting her again for a cut and just to catch up the next time I head to MD to see family.

Sent on 07/17/2020

Alexandra Haarich · Married on 03/10/2020

Spectacular Service

The Pins-N-Brushes team was a dream to work with. From booking them, to my trial, to the wedding day, the team was responsive, open to feedback, and extremely considerate. The team took all of my ideas and inspiration photos into consideration when helping me create my look, and I'm extremely grateful. Lauren did my makeup and Kait did my hair. I was super happy with both of the services, and felt beautiful on my big day. I wish they could do my hair and makeup everyday!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer White · Married on 02/22/2020

Pins N’ Brushes are wedding day pros!

Caryl was super responsive, flexible, and easy to work with planning hair and makeup services for 10 people, including my bridal hair and makeup. My day of team of Lauren, Kait, Katlin, and Jen knocked it out of the park - everyone looked beautiful and we actually finished EARLY if you can believe it. All in all, great experience!

Sent on 03/04/2020

Meredith Binesar · Married on 11/30/2019

Amazing!!!!

Carly and her team were amazing!!! My wedding day experience with her couldn’t have been any better. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup and my bridesmaids felt so pampered. Carly helped my vision come true. I couldn’t have been happier.

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Polly

Polly · Married on 10/26/2019

Pins-N-Brushes was amazing!

For my October wedding, Starr did our hair and Lauren did our makeup. I cannot say enough good things about them and their work! They were both so flexible and listened to what we wanted, and they brought a really positive energy to the room when we were getting ready. I was a little unsure of how I wanted to wear my hair, and Starr worked with me step by step to make sure I loved it - and I did! A lot of makeup artists make brides look a little too “fake” but Lauren is incredibly talented and my makeup looked amazing in person and in photos. Carly, the owner, was also incredible to work with. Thank you, Pins-N-Brushes!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Rachel Devadas · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful Team, and had my dream Wedding Hair

Absolutely loved working with the Pins-n-Brushes team. They gave me my dream wedding hair and were professional every step of the way! My friends and family also absolutely loved their hair, and had a great time getting ready. I would 100% recommend!

Jamie · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Experience

Carly and her team we’re absolutely awesome on my wedding day. They were so awesome and I couldn’t have asked for better hair or makeup on my big day. They are fairly priced and I would pick them again in a heart beat!

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/31/2019

Wedding 8.31

Pins-n-brushes provides hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend. Carly was very responsive and accommodating in making sure me and my bridal party was ready on time and looked great! Starr did a variety of hairstyles for my bridesmaids and all looked amazing! Kylie was our makeup artist and everyone looked stunning with styles that photographed perfectly! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Clara

Clara · Married on 08/31/2019

Perfect Hair and Makeup

I did my bridal trial for our engagement shoot, and was so happy with how I looked. I went with the same hair and makeup from the trial for our wedding day. All of the bridesmaids used them as well, and we were all so impressed. They had a timeline made for us, and were so efficient. My hair and makeup were exactly what I was looking for. My sister is using them for her wedding next month and we are so excited!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Megan · Married on 07/05/2019

Definitely Recommend!

Carly was amazing! She was incredibly accommodating and flexible to make sure 7 bridesmaids and bride had their hair done in time. She was able to take a few pictures of styles and put elements of each into her own style! I couldn't have been happier with how my hair looked on my big day!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Anna · Married on 06/01/2019

Loved it all!

Carly and Lauren were great! I wasn't. I asked for two trials. Changed my numbers the week of! They didn't care. They were on top of it all and understanding. It was wonderful. Airbrush makeup looked phenomenal and our hair looked great with pictures indoors, outdoors and by the water

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Vera

Vera Balboa · Married on 05/31/2019

Flawless service

Hair and makeup for my wedding party was flawless!! The service was beyond my expectations, and they accommodated a couple last minute (big) requests.
    As the bride, I wanted to look beautiful but still look like myself for my special day and everything came out like I wanted! I'm thankful for Pin-N-Brushes for helping me in achieving my perfect wedding dream!

Sent on 03/01/2020

Kathleen · Married on 05/25/2019

Above all else.

I had my hair done by Kait for a friend’s wedding two years prior to mine. I was ecstatic to find out she was available for my big day as well. She created customized hair-dos for my entire wedding party, mom, and MIL! Kait knows how to connect to everyone and we all loved our hair styles (which held the entire night!). Carly, the owner, is fantastic as well. I went to her studio for the trial and it was super easy to find, it was just myself and my sister along with Carly and Kait so it felt extremely personalized. Kait also took an amazing video of the first look i got with my dad, so that was an added bonus. I’ve already had friends reach out for their contact info- book fast!!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 05/25/2019

Royalty Level Service

Pins N Brushes gave me everything I wanted and more on my wedding day and I will recommend them to ANYONE who wants to feel and look like a queen. My wedding day was so much fun and I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup the entire day and even months later!! Starr and Katlin were exceptional and Carly is always a pleasure to work with. They managed my entire bridal party plus MOG flawlessly. They didn't skip a beat and were professional, timely and FUN! This group of ladies is BEYOND talented. They're always keeping up with the latest trends and the latest brands. They use only the best to make you feel and look your absolute BEST! I am a returning customer and always will be. THANK YOU x A MILLION!

• Alexa

Alexa Pancza · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing hair by Carly

Carly did my hair, my mom, sister, and sister in law's hair on my wedding day. We all have very different types/ lengths of hair and had different styles in mind. We were all so happy with how our hair turned out. Not only did our hair styles look amazing, they stayed in perfectly all night long. Carly was easy going and professional to work with. I would highly recommend her for wedding day hair styling services!

Sent on 02/22/2020

Tanya · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing work

Words cannot express the amazing experience I had with Lauren and Star. They were extremely professional. My hair and makeup was wonderful and on point. I could not have pulled it off without them. What a GREAT job!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing Experience

Carly was great throughout the entire process - from answering my many questions before booking, completing the trial, and the actual wedding - everything was amazing. She was flexible with scheduling and re-arranging services for the wedding. The pricing was also more than fair for what it seems like the average around Baltimore is. All of the girls who got hair & make-up with Carly & Lauren looked amazing. Even our venue coordinator commented on how well everyone's hair and make-up held up throughout the night. I would 100% book Pins & Brushes again!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/27/2018

Starr and Carly were great

I had a great experience working with Carly and Starr. Starr was my primary stylist, while Carly handled all the logistics and provided some general support during my trials since Starr is more junior. Together, they made sure that I looked and felt beautiful on our big day.

At my first trial, I loved how my hair looked but it fell out pretty quickly after I left the trial (I have super fine/soft/slippery hair). I reached out to Starr and Carly to see if we could try again, and they didn't hesitate to book a second trial and think through how to get the look I wanted and keep it secure all night. On the day off, Starr paused periodically to check in with me and give me opportunities to look at her progress and offer feedback so that we got my style just right. She was efficient with the bridesmaids but still made sure everyone looked great--we even ended up being able to squeeze in one bridesmaid who didn't originally plan to have her hair done.

From my experience, the Pins-N-Brushes team really excels at styles with texture and volume, so if you're looking for something super sleek they might not be the best fit for you! But if you love piecey updos, pretty waves, and boho braids, check Carly and her team out.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Jorinna · Married on 10/26/2018

I felt beautiful on my wedding day!

Carly was amazing! When my first trial with another stylist did not go well, I reached out to her with only 2 months before my wedding. She was so responsive every step of the way and got me in for a trial within a week. When I wanted to change my style from the trial, she did a great job giving me exactly what I wanted. All of my bridesmaids and the MOB's hair were great and looked awesome in all of the photos. Carly made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and I'm so appreciative.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Liz Murray-Rust · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful hair and make-up!

Pins-N-Brushes did an amazing job on the hair and make-up for our wedding. Carly was responsive and organized during the planning process. She worked with our Wedding Coordinator to finalize our timeline, which was very helpful. Our stylists, Katlin and Starr, arrived really early to set-up on our wedding day and were very accommodating to everyone's different style requests. The bridal party looked great, and the hair and make-up held up well for the entire day.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Jenny R · Married on 10/13/2018

The very best.

Carly is the very best in every way possible. She did a phenomenal job on my hair and my bridesmaid's hair. Every single one of them gave rave reviews about Carly. I could not have been more thrilled to get to have Carly play a big role on our wedding day. She is so kind and grounded and made our morning getting ready truly relaxing and fun. She is very professional, dependable, and made the whole process enjoyable because I knew I did not have to worry about a thing. If you are still looking for a hair stylist, you found her. Thank you, Carly, for a truly amazing job on our wedding day and for being such a joyful addition to the day!

Sent on 11/12/2018